Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Abate is absolute trash.

Get rid of the limited piece of crap.

He's regressed so much from those solid defensive heights of 2010... now he's a liability and a one-track mind... highest crossing percentage? true... good at crossing at Milan? Nope... in fact, most definitely the worst crosser we have.

Yes. Abate has managed to plummet to such depths that he is quite easily the worst crosser of the ball we have on our team... and he plays RB..

probably the only time I'll agree with you concerning Milan.

:proud:

ahh..the amount of people that argued with me calling him world class, fun times :lol:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
abate is world class u know sage, i mean he plays for italy national team lol.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
in 2010/11 - this guy was my idol.

his rise to the 'top' was inspiring. the nullification of the ronaldo and the eto'o and the fact that it was IMPOSSIBLE for left wingers to cut on his outside and get behind him was the reason why id scream out abate whenever i played football and was gonna run up like a train

thats what he is. a train.

then last season he just looked like a fool on the pitch. the transition was quick and alarming. the abate runs were no more and i was sad

now he just is :fp:

whenever he cuts inside *those rare moments* you think he might actually see something, but then you watch the way he is running with the ball, it just looks like he is gonna fail miserably.

i remember back in 09 (leonardo) where even though he made a trillion and three mistakes, i had hope for him and believed he could be something.

he peaked the next season.

now i dont know what to say about him. this season was all about him reestablishing himself and growing into the responsibility on his shoulders but you know what...

the fucker is a satisfied person. he doesn't even look like he enjoys the game. Way too content with his vast array of skills* his speed now only makes him seem worse because of how inefficient he uses it.

We can all cut outside a defender and cross. Pace isn't even required, just timing..

abate needs to be relegated to the bench. as in, seriously benched. not 'rested' so de sciglio can show his aaaah and be benched again. He needs to be benched. De sciglio needs to show him what else a right back can do apart from pass to himself

Was watching liverpool vs reading hours before the lazio episode, players like Glen Johnson are LIGHT YEARS ahead of this guy - even attacking wise, and he was playing left back. Was the most dangerous player on the pitch even though everyone was playing well, he just offered the team that edge which Abate COULD do if he fucking tried to play football and play with more freedom.

His satisfaction and belief that his only move is efficient as hell is restricting him. If I were Allegri, the half where Abate would be on the touchline closer to me would be the worst 45 abate'd cop because of how much shit ill be screaming at him

Needs to play football and act like one. Italy national team player? Good. Now don't punish all of Italia too cos of your limitations. OPEN UP!

try new things, gain confidence on the ball and use your pace as a support factor, not your only one. Players like urby emanuelson have pace and use it well cos it complements their play, de sciglio doesn't even have the rampaging runs in him but he is much more efficient with end product.

Abate, you were an inspiration.

Were.

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
^Wow fantastic post :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
The problem with us is our game plan is fucking ********. We play a possession type game (or at least we try) where we thrive on long ball tactics...I mean that right there doesn't make any sense. The game yesterday was the best example of this. Countless of long balls into space the whole game, and our plan did not change at all...

The problem is we have no game plan!!! (Well, unless you count our new refine tactics: When in doubt cross fingers, toes and into the box!)

rosso_nero

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Abate yesterday called Ibra to ask if there is still an interest in him from PSG[Gazzetta]

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
He is a fool.

A downright idiot if he thinks after all this shit we've seen all season he has a chance to get himself in the PSG.

Thing is, with him, the love was genuine - the nocerino fantasy existed but it was mainly cos of his looks and them goals - with abate, i would relate on a football pitch and in my life.

I don't like his attitude, it was the only thing going for him - it brought him to the starting xi (cos there was soooo much competition :fp:) but he really did earn it in 10/11

Players like him and Antonini claim to love the shirt - Antonini has his limitations but the guy at least stepped up - he was ronaldinho's legs in 09/10. All you got to do is cut inside from the left flank and Abate would leave you the fuck alone - us fans get annoyed but its worse when he does actually attempt to get the ball, he'd do something dumb. Milito has violated this guy cos he wont go on his outside, he'd cut in and hit the team.

There was a post recently about how he 'jogs' back and that killed us against Lazio. Absolutely true.

Just stop tormenting us. Please Ignazio - your not the same guy. Just write your name on one of the San Siro seats and sit the fuck down. Watch De Sciglio take your NT spot for 2014 whilst us Milan fans at least see the progression of an eager and talented player.

Abate used to represent me, I have my limitations but my attitude would let me be, he lost that. So he has no attitude and no talent. No desire to make a difference

EinsteinInsanity1.jpg

Milanista2020

The Milan Motivator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Patinho, Gattuso, Maldini, Baresi, shevchenko, Boban, Kaka,
He is a fool.

A downright idiot if he thinks after all this shit we've seen all season he has a chance to get himself in the PSG.

Thing is, with him, the love was genuine - the nocerino fantasy existed but it was mainly cos of his looks and them goals - with abate, i would relate on a football pitch and in my life.

I don't like his attitude, it was the only thing going for him - it brought him to the starting xi (cos there was soooo much competition :fp:) but he really did earn it in 10/11

Players like him and Antonini claim to love the shirt - Antonini has his limitations but the guy at least stepped up - he was ronaldinho's legs in 09/10. All you got to do is cut inside from the left flank and Abate would leave you the fuck alone - us fans get annoyed but its worse when he does actually attempt to get the ball, he'd do something dumb. Milito has violated this guy cos he wont go on his outside, he'd cut in and hit the team.

There was a post recently about how he 'jogs' back and that killed us against Lazio. Absolutely true.

Just stop tormenting us. Please Ignazio - your not the same guy. Just write your name on one of the San Siro seats and sit the fuck down. Watch De Sciglio take your NT spot for 2014 whilst us Milan fans at least see the progression of an eager and talented player.

Abate used to represent me, I have my limitations but my attitude would let me be, he lost that. So he has no attitude and no talent. No desire to make a difference

EinsteinInsanity1.jpg

Excellent post!!!!

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
i dont get how massive critism on him.

we know our CB's are not good, because allegri fielding different CB's continuesly...

before Lazio 1st goal he was oke, i will judge him if we have permanent CB's...

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
He has got to be the most unskillful player on the ball in the whole team

I mean he has no clue about beating his man, just kick and chase

Poker

Man of the Match
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Serginho, Maldini, Seedorf,SeS, T.Silva, Ibrahimovic, Pjanic, Verratti,Salah

EinsteinInsanity1.jpg

:thumbsup:

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
probably the only time I'll agree with you concerning Milan.

:proud:

ahh..the amount of people that argued with me calling him world class, fun times :lol:

:lol: I remember those days. Arguing with poster that claimed he shut down Messi :lol::lol::lol:

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
abate has one prevailing quality and that is his speed, take that away and he is very average.

de siglio > abate in anything related to football.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can someone make a compilation of his crossing attempts in the stile of the ''seedorf - il proffesore'' series? u know, compile all the crosses he smashed against his marker with funny sounds and circus music pleaseeeee.

I just cant believe someone can be THAT bad at something they have been doing for their whole life. The time he got passes his marker, sprinted into the pen box just to smash it against someone from 5 meters away from the goal got me tear eyed.:lol: Comedy at its finest.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone make a compilation of his crossing attempts in the stile of the ''seedorf - il proffesore'' series? u know, compile all the crosses he smashed against his marker with funny sounds and circus music pleaseeeee.

I just cant believe someone can be THAT bad at something they have been doing for their whole life. The time he got passes his marker, sprinted into the pen box just to smash it against someone from 5 meters away from the goal got me tear eyed.:lol: Comedy at its finest.

im still terrible at getting off these and i dont remember a morning not doing it

80dc4dfdc9.jpeg

Fiero

Reaction score
I wonder what those who were saying Abate for captain :-)lol:) think right now. I mean he is practically one of the seniors now, this is the time that he's supposed to lead by example and give his best. Instead he seems disinterested.

We've already established he is a terribly mediocre footballer, but his character is failing him as well? Great to see him dropped for Malaga. May we never see him in the line-up again.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
i did.

was all for it.

feeling like a taint now

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
I wonder what those who were saying Abate for captain :-)lol:) think right now. I mean he is practically one of the seniors now, this is the time that he's supposed to lead by example and give his best. Instead he seems disinterested.

We've already established he is a terribly mediocre footballer, but his character is failing him as well? Great to see him dropped for Malaga. May we never see him in the line-up again.

tough times lead us to make rash decisions, I was one of the few who would have wanted abate as possible captain, I admit my complete mistake on that one lol

His pace and athleticism always makes me think he is actually good, but without it, he has very little to offer.
He can be a good fullback, hopefully this drop can make him realise he needs to continue to improve.

Fiero

Reaction score
I completely gave up on him after the 4-2 derby. You make a mistake once, that's normal we're all human... you make it again, okay but better watch out... by the 3rd time I knew it was a hopeless case and that he just doesn't cut it.

And oh, I can't repeat this enough but his offensive contribution is beyond awful. I can't for the life of me figure out how can an international player be so mediocre. It's like he's a guy who goes to work in a cubical every day... go to work, fill the numbers in the computer, avoid the boss then go home. That's Abate... run forward, cut outside, get rid of the ball. It's unbelievable how much he doesn't care where the ball goes, to him his job is to basically go forward then attempt a cross and that's a job well done. Doesn't matter where the cross goes. Frustrating attitude.

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
He is a fool.

EinsteinInsanity1.jpg

:proud::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, Tevez
He's ok defensively, but so is De Sciglio.

Abate can't shoot, he can't cross, and he can't even beat his man to the corner anymore. I'd rather a bigger offensive threat, since all I hear is birds chirping on the left side,,,

brigade

Banned
Reaction score
On his day, he can shut down people defensively and be all over the attack, but that happens rarely.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not good at attacking but at least contributes defensively

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

What I wonder is where are those that were saying his poor crossing was because we were lacking a true CF but when Pazzini was brought in they instantly thought his crossing will get better and it the same shit.

Schedule