The Anime/Manga Thread II

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Quick 10 suggestions for anime n00bz (like me atm) pls.

Pls no tranny shit either jammin :rolleyes:
I know ur taste dru, don't worry fam I gotchu

eD2oR.png

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Death Note
Monster
Black Lagoon
One Piece
Steins;Gate
Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso (ready to be depressed for about 3 months after watching)
Great Teacher Onizuka (forget all of the above, this is the goatest anime ever)
Thanks...I've seen the bold and One Piece is too childish for my liking. I've tried to like it but it's shit imho.....especially after Screw Attack made Zorro beat Kenshin :mad:

I know ur taste dru, don't worry fam I gotchu

eD2oR.png
Jammin pls.

I know you have it in you to non-autistically help a fellow islander vulnerable to the Rise in Sea Level

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks...I've seen the bold and One Piece is too childish for my liking

Thats my issue with mainstream anime these days. #poweroffriendship #fightforlove

Super cliche and cheesy it hurts sometimes.

On that list, i recommend cowboy beepop, Steins;Gate and even the original fate zero. Full metal alchemist brotherhood is nothing like one piece despite the main characters being kind of young. Death Note is also great if youre into dark and suspenseful. Samurai Champoo is amazing.

If youre looking for a commitment that will emotionally and, as things progress, intensely complex and intruiging storyline pick Steins; Gate then Death Note in that order.

If youre into something actiony from the get go that doesn't sacrifice plot, pick fullmetal alchemist then Fate Zero in that order (close though).

For a much more laid back series that i think fits the "well rounded everywhere" category: Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Beepop in that order

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
One Piece = GOAT

and if you're not down with that, we got two words for ya

get-out.gif

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
I mean i dont hate OP, i think its in the same category as Naruto, Magi etc. Guilty pleasures, it wouldn't pain me if suddenly all their content stopped existing. It's enjoyable to consume in moderation but nothing awesome.

Oh, and leaf:

Devils is a Part Timer and One Punch man if youre looking for laid back but low key hysterical anime. 10/10 recommend watching the latter high

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
He's a Fairy Tail fan :lol:

That too falls under the category with Naruto and OP, #poweroffriendship. OP maybe the best one in that category but they honestly dont offer anything in artistic appreciation of Anime.

At least, not compared to the ones i gave leaf as my personal recommendations. Just my two cents anyway

Last edited:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Thanks...I've seen the bold and One Piece is too childish for my liking. I've tried to like it but it's shit imho.....especially after Screw Attack made Zorro beat Kenshin :mad:

Jammin pls.

I know you have it in you to non-autistically help a fellow islander vulnerable to the Rise in Sea Level
Refresh me on what you like and have watched other than Kenshin and Death Note

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
OP

LOL @ Katakuri's fruit

Jinbe :proud:

So many death flags on him tho

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on this opinion, Sage? :monto:

Are they not the same category? Both have young, underwhelming protagonists who eventually get stronger with struggles, in part due to #poweroffriendship and #poweroflove. I just described Naruto, Bleach, Magi, OP and MAYBE blue exorcist. All incredibly similar anime with the same annoying faults

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Are they not the same category? Both have young, underwhelming protagonists who eventually get stronger with struggles, in part due to #poweroffriendship and #poweroflove. I just described Naruto, Bleach, Magi, OP and MAYBE blue exorcist. All incredibly similar anime with the same annoying faults

They are the same genre, not the same category. OP is in a category of it's own, rest of the genre are trash in comparison

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
They are the same genre, not the same category. OP is in a category of it's own, rest of the genre are trash in comparison

That might actually be the most absurd thing I've ever heard. OP has exactly the same formula as those anime, just different content.

The exact same flaws because at the end of the day the structure is exactly the same. Even HxH has the exact same flaws as those anime.

It's like the difference between listening to Future vs Kendrick. One excels in whats mostly an extremely shitty subgenre vs true artistic talent that adds artistic value to the respective media.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There's a big difference in the friendship aspect seen in Naruto, Magi, Blue Exorcist,etc... and One Piece.

Naruto and those other series are shallow as fuck and too idealistic whereas One Piece is more complex but also more grounded.

Doesn't take much to notice those differences.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That might actually be the most absurd thing I've ever heard. OP has exactly the same formula as those anime, just different content.

The exact same flaws because at the end of the day the structure is exactly the same. Even HxH has the exact same flaws as those anime.

It's like the difference between listening to Future vs Kendrick. One excels in whats mostly an extremely shitty subgenre vs true artistic talent that adds artistic value to the respective media.
You misunderstand.
I mean category as in level.
OP is 2Pac. Magi and Fairy Tail are Pitbull and Soulja Boy
They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
There's a big difference in the friendship aspect seen in Naruto, Magi, Blue Exorcist,etc... and One Piece.

Naruto and those other series are shallow as fuck and too idealistic whereas One Piece is more complex but also more grounded.

Doesn't take much to notice those differences.

Youre describing differences within the same structure. At the end of the day its still #poweroffriendship and #lovewillwinall. The difference in dynamic between Luffy and Sangi and Alladin and Alibaba makes almost zero difference when at the end of the day the cliche is still fulfilled. Naruto had its own little twist between Sasuke and Narutos frenemy relationship but again that makes no difference when Naruto defeats his opponent or some huge trial with #poweroffriendship.

What things do Naruto, Luffy, Alibaba, Rin, Gon all have in common? Some deeply flawed character with tremendous potential after some almost unreachable goal that make a group with other deeply flawed character who win and get better by #poweroffriendship. Filling in the little differences here and there dont make much of a difference they still follow the same structure.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
OP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Naruto, Magi, Fairy Ass

Ban if disagree

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Youre describing differences within the same structure. At the end of the day its still #poweroffriendship and #lovewillwinall. The difference in dynamic between Luffy and Sangi and Alladin and Alibaba makes almost zero difference when at the end of the day the cliche is still fulfilled. Naruto had its own little twist between Sasuke and Narutos frenemy relationship but again that makes no difference when Naruto defeats his opponent or some huge trial with #poweroffriendship.

What things do Naruto, Luffy, Alibaba, Rin, Gon all have in common? Some deeply flawed character with tremendous potential after some almost unreachable goal that make a group with other deeply flawed character who win and get better by #poweroffriendship. Filling in the little differences here and there dont make much of a difference they still follow the same structure.

One Piece very rarely plays a friendship card because that's not the emphasis of the series. It's not like Naruto who constantly wants to save Sasuke because he's his childhood friend or characters getting a bs powerup because their friend is in trouble.

And it does make a difference. A series who constantly has to play the friendship card shows laziness and lack of creativity. Oda is the opposite of that and it shows through not only his art style but his writing as well.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Oh dude I agree 100%

OP = FT = Magi

I just wanted to know what some other posters felt about this

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Code Geass >>> Naruto >>> the rest