Gli Azzurri - La Nazionale, Italy National Football Team

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
Is Prandelli seriously putting Giaccherini on the left?

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Prandelli: 'Italy ready for Spain'
By Football Italia staff

Cesare Prandelli confirmed Emanuele Giaccherini will start against Spain today. “We will be ready and eager to prove ourselves against the best.”

Italy begin their Euro 2012 adventure at 17.00 UK time in Gdansk with the Group C opener (see probable line-ups here).

“Don’t forget we are only talking about football, but I must admit I am as excited now as I was 22 years ago when I made my management debut on the Atalanta bench,” he told Rai Sport.

“When I said we could’ve not come to Euro 2012, sadly very few realised it was a comment set to provoke.”

Curiously, Spain have never been able to beat Italy over 90 minutes in a competitive match, sending them out of Euro 2008 on penalties.

“We are ready for today’s game and eager to prove ourselves against one of the best teams in the world.

“Don’t forget that we are Italy, so we must always be prepared. The secret will be keeping focused in defence and at the same time attacking with balance.”

Daniele De Rossi moves into the centre-back role in a 3-5-2 formation and Prandelli confirmed Giaccherini will start despite the fact he is uncapped.

“Yes, Giaccherini will be in the starting XI. I always maintain our first objective must be good football, as without that you get nowhere and certainly don’t get results.

“Antonio Cassano will do his talking on the pitch. As for Mario Balotelli, he has the talent to help us win, but we must also help him by keeping the team tight.”

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
chiellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllini earned my respect after kicking xavi like 10 times in a row to get the ball

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
chiellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllini earned my respect after kicking xavi like 10 times in a row to get the ball

He's winning back what he lost just by kicking the right guy this time. :lol:

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
i found it hilarious and i loved him for it. no nonsense defender... too bad he plays for the zebras :(

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga
prandelli is a moron if he put de rossi in cb position he should be fired immediately with that idiotc idea

Wt pretty well , guess that's why he coaches Italy and we watch.,
It did seem odd but man did DDR rise to the task .

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Must win game against Ireland. really should change the lineup

-------------------Buffon---------------
-----Barzagli---De Rossi---Cheillini-------
--Abate--Motta--Pirlo--Noce--Balzaretti-
---------Di Natale---------Cassano--------

Really tempted to bench Cheillini for falling asleep, but think that Bonucci is still a bigger potential problem. Have no problem with De Rossi and sweeper and wouldnt want to bench Motta to move him up.

Marchisio misses far too many goal chances, a poacher like Nocerino could be valuable. Balotelli not doing enough, go with the finisher and experienced player in Di Natale.

Gianchierra should not be starting, he gets torn apart, secure the left hand side with Balzaretti

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9

Really tempted to bench Cheillini for falling asleep, but think that Bonucci is still a bigger potential problem. Have no problem with De Rossi and sweeper and wouldnt want to bench Motta to move him up.

Marchisio misses far too many goal chances, a poacher like Nocerino could be valuable. Balotelli not doing enough, go with the finisher and experienced player in Di Natale.

Gianchierra should not be starting, he gets torn apart, secure the left hand side with Balzaretti

Giacch is such a liability. Not even being biased here but the promise shown by Mattia De Sciglio in the matches he played, he looked better than Giaccherini, definitely the weakest point of the Italy side. As for fielding Abate over Maggio, could be an idea but then you're losing one point of attack as he's so poor going forward despite his speed, but I guess that could be a threat.

Very nervous times now :/

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9

I think its time to go full mental. If we are playing 3 cb's then Play MAggio Balzaretti on wb's and in midfield just PIrlo MArchisio and Giovinco behind Cassano and Balo/Natale. Afterall we are playing ireland and we need to score goals too if it ever comes to that.

Other wise Play 4 at the back with abate as RB, balza LB and put De Rossi Pirlo Marchisio in midfield. And again Giovinco behind Cassano and Natale/Balo

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol

Too much Milan bias :fp: Noce is a defensive liability. We need to keep a clean sheet. against Ireland.Abate is a shit fullback. Even John O'shea is superior to him :lol:

If Barzagli is back:proud: then play the juve back 3, push de rossi to midfield. :star: (much needed second attacking outlet) Use motta/marchisio as the 3rd mid. Maybe Motta so that Pirlo can play better :proud:

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
Giaccherini really give nothing for the game, absolute useless. :fp:
I'd rather put Nocerino there, let him march to the penalty box, would make Cassano easier to produce assist.
And So far Maggio, worse thatnAbate in defend, just slight better in attack.

Nocerino-Motta-Pirlo-Marchisio-Maggio/Abate

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
If Barzagli is back midfield Should be De Rossi-Pirlo-Marchisio

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
If Giaccherini starts i won't watch the game :fp:

Start Balzaretti for better left side defense and put in Giovinco as a CAM.

I would like to see.....

Balotelli------Cassano

Giovinco

Balza--Marchisio--Pirlo--Maggio

Chiellini--De Rossi--Bonucci

Buffon​

Even if Barzagli is back I would replace Bonucci with him and keep De Rossi at CB. I actually like him as the sweeper.

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, Tevez

-----------------------Balotelli-------------------
------------Cassano-------------Di Natale-------
------------------------------------------------------
--Balzaretti-----Marchisio----Pirlo--------Maggio
------------Chiellini-----De Rossi-----Bonucci------
---------------------------Buffon--------------

All out Attack... This is best lineup we have right now to score goals, which is what we need. 3 or 4,, if not 5 goals, and hope Spain and Croatia don't fucking do a 3-3 Draw

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
Barzagli has been the best defender serie a. Why waste De rossi in defence? Trap is gonna try and mark out pirlo. Need one more attacking outlet from the midfield.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
How will Italy approach Ireland?
By Football Italia staff

Cesare Prandelli confirmed he’ll consider three or four changes against Ireland, so the Italian media consider the options.

Italy have notched up two 1-1 draws in Euro 2012 against Spain and Croatia, but even a victory in Monday’s final Group C match might not be enough for qualification.

The Coach said he was considering “three or four changes, as I need fresh legs” for the meeting with Giovanni Trapattoni’s already-eliminated Ireland.

Prandelli also confirmed he is sticking with the 3-5-2 system that has Daniele De Rossi in central defence, although Andrea Barzagli has now recovered from a calf strain and could step in, returning the Roma midfielder to his natural position.

It would also enable the Azzurri to count on an all-Juventus back line with Gigi Buffon, Giorgio Chiellini and Leonardo Bonucci.

The midfield is where more changes are expected, as Thiago Motta and Emanuele Giaccherini are likely to be heading for the bench.

Antonio Nocerino provides a grittier presence in place of Motta, while Riccardo Montolivo or outside bet Alessandro Diamanti would lend more creativity.

Both Christian Maggio and Giaccherini haven’t done enough to make their positions solid, so Federico Balzaretti and Ignazio Abate are hoping to be given a chance.

In attack Antonio Cassano and Mario Balotelli have borne the brunt of the criticism for Italy’s performances so far in this tournament, having failed to score a single goal between them.

Antonio Di Natale is eager to be given a starting role, especially after netting against Spain, but it’s believed Prandelli still sees him as more of a super-sub.

Other alternatives include Roma’s youngster Fabio Borini and Parma talent Sebastian Giovinco, who has come on twice as a substitute.

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
^
So based on that article :

------------------------Buffon------------------------
-----------Bonucci-De Rossi-Chiellini-----------
-Abate-Marchisio-Pirlo-Nocerino-Balzaretti-
----------------Cassano-Balotelli-----------------

Seems more better line-up, although I think Noce and Motta both are good, but different.
There's high possibility that Nocerino will score.

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, Tevez
^

Seems more better line-up, although I think Noce and Motta both are good, but different.

I think it's better because it brings some fresh legs.... which will help a lot.

Hope Pirlo doesn't get tired,....

Nocerino will be all over the field hopefully,

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Haha Did Buffon really say he'd bet on Coratia Spain 2-2 draw? :lol:

Dude Not the right type of statement when you're being investigated for betting scandals.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
84361.jpg

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Haha Did Buffon really say he'd bet on Coratia Spain 2-2 draw? :lol:

Dude Not the right type of statement when you're being investigated for betting scandals.

:lol: :thumbsup:

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
Italy will go through. EOS.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
^

If we r going to play a rwb then i would want maggio, he is far better at attacking/crossing (though he hasnt shown much in euros) if however we pay 4 defenders i would want abate a RB and then put derossi in midfield along with Marschisio and pirlo. And attack of Giovinco, Balo, Cassano

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Motta is much better defensively than Noce if he wants to play him use him for Marchisio as the b2b mid.
Maggio has been awful both wingbacks should be changed. Abate was quite good at RWB at Torino plus his speed should create matchup problems. I have a feeling that if Balotelli scores he will score multiple times he has been just off a lot and just needs some confidence.
De Rossi should stay at sweeper his passing ability out of the back is a good asset to have

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
As a guy with a Noce sig, I must admit he won't do anything special in 3-5-2, just like Rango. But he may score.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Italy qualify for Confederations Cup
Italy will be eligible to take part in the 2013 Confederations Cup after successfully earning a place in the final of Euro 2012.

Spain, as world champions following their triumph in South Africa 2010, have qualified for the tournament regardless of the outcome of the Euro 2012 final.

As a result, the Azzurri have been allocated the spot to represent the UEFA confederation even if they finish runners-up in Kiev in the European Championship decider.

Despite their qualification for the Confederations Cup in Brazil, Italy do have the option to reject the invitation. Both France and Germany have declined in the past.

In this scenario the two Euro 2012 semi-finalists, Portugal and Germany, will become candidates.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Confed Cup is a good thing imo, the more time the players have to play for the NT the better, and it gives Prandelli a chance to tinker a bit in a meaningless tournament to give some of the younger players a chance

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
didn't watch a single match of the last confed cup.

highlights only... i don't wake up for the fake world cup :p

Schedule