Marco Borriello Thread

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
crazymilangirl said:
NOPE..not for a second, this is a shock..i mean i know some footballplayers use drugs (maradona, da only one i can think of) etc but a milanplayer??
i just can't understand it plus like san paolo said we should give them da benefit of da doubt & wait for da B sample :D

well Mutu was fired from chelsea for it too. What bothers me here is that with Maradona and Mutu, they did it independantly, by themselves, outside of the clubs knowledge.
I hope Milan didnt know about this, or do it intentionally by adding some zing to his meds and post match gatorade.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I highly doubt the club had anything to do in relation to handing out a banned substance to Borriello, it's just too much of a risk and unethical especially by our standards.

It's a pity though, hopefully the B Sample proves otherwise. Either way I'm certain the club will remain strong.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I'm not going to start sounding like an expert cause I'm clearly not, but from what I've read what they found on him are corticoids, which are used to treat inflamations. They aren't anabols (the once that improve your performance, help your muscle mass, etc)...that's what I have understand so far. If he gets banned it won't me for much, but there are bigger chances that he won't.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
^I read up on it as well and it doesn't seem like it is a performance enhancer drug, however I could be very wrong. It could be just another way to kick Milan while we are down. The media has loved giving it to us this year.

Penny2

Primavera
Reaction score
Let's give him the benefit of the doubt until we know more. Even if his B test is still positive he may have taken the drug inadvertently. I think Mutu is different, he tested positive for cocaine and there aren't many ways you can take that by mistake.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Penny2 said:
I think Mutu is different, he tested positive for cocaine and there aren't many ways you can take that by mistake.
Well, there's always the Boris Becker argument...maybe someone spiked Mutu's toothpaste with it. :D

Fyrstnissen

Sempre Rossoneri!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Maldini, Kaka and Gourcuff
If it's not enhancing in any sports related way.. Why was the drug banned in the first place?

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
In an interview given to Italy’s ‘Il Giornale’ the number 15 roundly denied that he’d done anything wrong. “I swear that I haven’t taken anything”, claimed the 24 year-old who tested positive for cortisone in a recent test.

Cortisone is used to treat a variety of ailments, being administered intravenously or subcutaneously. One of cortisone's effects on the body, and a potentially harmful side effect when administered clinically, is the suppression of the immune system.

The drug is not seen as deliberately performance-enhancing, rather than as an aid to help in the reduction of swelling in tired and/or damaged muscle groups. Nevertheless the substance is related to the anabolic steroid (muscle builder) Cortisol and is banned by FIFA.

Coach Ancelotti (pic) has backed up his player to the hilt. “He was found positive after a test on November. We are valuating and looking to understand what happened. Certainly, on the part of the club that the product which appeared is not used by Milan. Ours is a serious club in terms of this, Milan check all its players closely”, he explained.

“What happened didn't occur within Milanello, it could have escaped anyone but it's certainly not something that is used at Milanello. He was taking something for toothache at that time but I don't believe it depends on this, the only thing that can be said about this medicine is that it is not a steroid but a cortisone that is used for allergies and inflammation, but not used at Milanello.”

Carlo ended with an appeal to common sense. “I am sorry, especially for the player who is now suspended and we will look to understand what happened for his best interests. He's definitely not going through a good period but we are all close to him. If he has done something negligent, I am sure it was by chance.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good to hear the club is backing him up. not sacking him like Mutu. I hope it doesnt turn out positive.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
“I swear that I haven’t taken anything” - Borriello.

If he says he didn't take anything, then I believe him. It's just uncharacteristic for a Milan player to be involved in a doping claim.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
It's just uncharacteristic for a Milan player to be involved in a doping claim.
Do you truly believe that? It's not as if we've always had halos over our heads.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Fyrstnissen said:
If it's not enhancing in any sports related way.. Why was the drug banned in the first place?
You got me there...
Anyways if it was only taken as an anti inflamatory there should be no worries about another positive.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
“I swear that I haven’t taken anything” - Borriello.

If he says he didn't take anything, then I believe him. It's just uncharacteristic for a Milan player to be involved in a doping claim.

good thing your not a judge.
I want to beleive him though....its probably just something that came out of normal medication.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BMWTaylor said:
Do you truly believe that? It's not as if we've always had halos over our heads.
No but if it were the case, as you said, I'm positive Milan would be more successful than they actually are. It's one thing to support this club of their history but another factor in me supporting (just as much) is the way the club is run and with such morally good people are invloved.

I don't recall a Milan player involved in a doping claim before.

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
San Paolo said:
There's a first time for everything though.

Anyone know what the drug he allegedly took was?

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
red&black_fever said:
There's a first time for everything though.

Anyone know what the drug he allegedly took was?

crazy4milan said:
I'm not going to start sounding like an expert cause I'm clearly not, but from what I've read what they found on him are corticoids, which are used to treat inflamations. They aren't anabols (the once that improve your performance, help your muscle mass, etc)...that's what I have understand so far. If he gets banned it won't me for much, but there are bigger chances that he won't.

hope this helps ya..

anyway if da drug doesn't improve da performance & we know it then why da fuck is da media making this such a big "scandal"?
fuckers, i bet he'll get a cleen name etc but da problem is what this is doin' to milans image! those headlines i've seen "MILAN player did drugs" etc

THIS, MY LADIES & GENTLEMEN, IS A CONSPIRACY AGAINST AC MILAN

"kick 'em while they're down" they must've said, but damn we're on our way up...so whats next?

:tongue: ;) :tongue:

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
crazymilangirl said:
anyway if da drug doesn't improve da performance & we know it then why da fuck is da media making this such a big "scandal"?
There's your answer, all the media are trying to do is sell papers.

What better way to do it than start hanging scandalous headlines on one of the largest clubs?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
San Paolo said:
It's said that doping was used by everyone at some point and when Juventus scandal broke then another ascpect of the investigation was that there were several players that died in doping side-effects after retireing. One of them was Nello Saltutti, who has claimed following:"When I was at AC Milan's primavera they gave us everything. I don't know if it's normal, but I grew from 160 cm to 175 in one year."

source is one Estonian soccerportals article, which doesn't sound so legitimate but I'm pretty sure that a book with these words exists. I've seen a doc about these kind of claims too and that made me believe that doping was used by everybody at some point.

Is the B-test out yet?

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Who knows, I aint saying that our doctor's ever gave out any performance enhancing supplements to our players, though then any how hard did you have to search to gain this information?

For all we know it could've been a growth supplement or just pure minerals and vitamins, as they call it these days. If Juventus weren't punished back then I can't see anything dramatic happen to Borriello especially considering the drug has absolute no performance enhancing effect as they say.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
Jasper said:
It's said that doping was used by everyone at some point and when Juventus scandal broke then another ascpect of the investigation was that there were several players that died in doping side-effects after retireing. One of them was Nello Saltutti, who has claimed following:"When I was at AC Milan's primavera they gave us everything. I don't know if it's normal, but I grew from 160 cm to 175 in one year."

did he mentioned wheter his dick has grown as well??? :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
Who knows, I aint saying that our doctor's ever gave out any performance enhancing supplements to our players, though then any how hard did you have to search to gain this information?

For all we know it could've been a growth supplement or just pure minerals and vitamins, as they call it these days. If Juventus weren't punished back then I can't see anything dramatic happen to Borriello especially considering the drug has absolute no performance enhancing effect as they say.
LOL.... You should apply @ our PR department, rather than waste your nicely crafted damage-controlling PR rhetoric on a message board.

There's no such thing as growth 'supplement', there's growth HORMONE + it's dope-listed.

As for Borriello's drug of choice, if it hadn't any performance-enhancing effects it wouldn't be listed as a forbidden substance. Makes sense, I hope. As much as the 'expert docs' like to deflect attention from the euphoric effects + stimulation of glucose metabolism (= increase of your energy level) on solely the anti-inflammatory effects, people in the business know what they are doing. So does MilanLAB, I would like to think, even if they seem to poorly adapt to changing circumstances. Those mandatory blood tests seem to give our experts a bit of a headache... The thing is really to always be a step or 2 ahead of WADA etc + avoid getting caught. That's what all the experts + technology in those high-security labs such as MilanLAB are there for. Strictly *IMO*.

BMWTaylor, 'puffy face' only develops with regular use in pharmacologic doses over a long period.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
There's no such thing as growth 'supplement', there's growth HORMONE + it's dope-listed.
They're such things as growth supplements.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
They're such things as growth supplements.
Nothing except hormones will make you grow taller. As for growing *muscle*, all the substances that are effective are black-listed. So what exactly are you referring to ?

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
As for Borriello's drug of choice, if it hadn't any performance-enhancing effects it wouldn't be listed as a forbidden substance.
Recreational drugs don't have a performing enhancing effect yet players are banned for consuming those products... which obviously is a good thing.

Passion for *9* said:
Makes sense, I hope. As much as the 'expert docs' like to deflect attention from the euphoric effects + stimulation of glucose metabolism (= increase of your energy level) on solely the anti-inflammatory effects, people in the business know what they are doing. So does MilanLAB, I would like to think, even if they seem to poorly adapt to changing circumstances. Those mandatory blood tests seem to give our experts a bit of a headache...
When talking about certain substances there are a lot of grey areas which club doctors and meds can get away with hence the Juventus scandal back in the late 90's.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
Recreational drugs don't have a performing enhancing effect yet players are banned for consuming those products... which obviously is a good thing.
Stimulants have a performance-enhancing effect. Guess why cocaine is called Peruvian marching powder... Enhances stamina, creates euphoric feelings, pushes you through the pain barrier... Desired effects, also for a football player. Narcotics can be useful (pain management, reduction of anxiety + tension) but not the drug of choice for a football player as it also suppresses aggression. Come to think of it, I wonder why Milan's typical game this season has been so sleep-inducing... ;) Kidding.

San Paolo said:
When talking about certain substances there are a lot of grey areas which club doctors and meds can get away with hence the Juventus scandal back in the late 90's.
Well, it was a scandal created by the media + an over-zealous prosecutor. None of the substances used were doping-listed nor did any Juventus player have positive test results for any illegal substances. All persons charged were eventually cleared by CAS.

However, a grey area it is. I agree.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Stimulants have a performance-enhancing effect.
Does that mean Sex should be banned? ;)

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
When will the verdict on the B sample be given?

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
Does that mean Sex should be banned? ;)
It's obvious Santa didn't bring you the gift certificate for a visit to your local brothel..... :o ;)

Seriously, if you can't have a serious discussion on the serious issue, stay out + head over to OT where a bunch of lonely 'gurlzzz' will hopefully accomodate your needs. Or open a thread in Football about Football + Sex or sth + I'll head over + we can have a somewhat serious discussion. I'm sick of people derailing topics because they can't wrap their minds around the idea that Milan might not be purer + more innocent than the rest.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Unfortunately, probably handed out the last one to you considering Australia is his last destination.

You're lecturing me on having a decent discussion?

BTW I admire your concern for my needs... you seem to have quite an insight of where to go and what to do...

re_milan

Numero 3, Per sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Oddo, Pirlo, Shweinsteiger, Totti, Quagliarella, Perrotta
u guys he was banned for something that helped with asthma and resperiatory problems as such.. according to channel4.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
BMWTaylor, 'puffy face' only develops with regular use in pharmacologic doses over a long period.
I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info.

Please, we in the Bay Area know that too well; we've hosted two of baseball's biggest juiceheads.