Who will be our #9?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fassone couldn't present a project that was based more on Li than himself, that's not a failure by him. A more well connected CEO, like Galliani, might have more pull and wouldn't let the situation get like that, but I won't fault Fassone, it's on Li for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Mirabelli is amazing. I've seen far better people do his job and faster. But if he gets an elite, reliable striker, and gets some depth in, then he'll have turned around the team with a young base in two seasons. That's ok. Most of his signing people would do again

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
The fact that Milan will continue with Fassone as CEO and Mirabelli as sporting director is completely normal. There are corporate activities & market negotiations initiated by the current management that must be carried out

Once the transfer market is over Elliott will be able to choose new directors.

-MilanNews

that's the real talk

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Why are :b: and :g: so silent here?
This is very odd. It's like they don't give a fuck

Ibrahimovic fans are impressively deluded. At least Messi and CR7 groupies have the accomplishments to justify their claims...iBra fans have :conf:
ppl forget the squareoff that Portugal and Sweden had recently and CR7 showed Zlatan who was boss.

Just because he scored more goals in a single match shouldn't be a factor in deciding he is better. Anyway fuck Ronaldo, let's hope he fails misearably at Juve, right Leaf?

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
It will be glorious to see cr7 tears when juve gets spanked by milan

Teigen_K

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Rino Pippo Sheva
I admit to not visiting the forum much during the season apart from coming on to read your reactions after some crazy results(negative and positive), but during these times I need to read the thoughts of other like-minded people. First thing I do in the mornings, last thing I do in the evenings.

It's really an emotional roller coaster with this club at the moment. Is Li selling to Ricketts? No? Commisso? No? And then Elliott just come waltzing in and takes everything. Not sure how I feel about the situation, but their public statement sounded good, I just hope it's trustworthy! I am perfectly fine with not spending a ton this summer as long as they try to fix things financially. Getting rid of expensive mediocrity at first, then fix the stadium situation sooner rather than later(this is a must for a bright future)
I was hoping to get rid of Mirabelli along with Li, but I understand the point of leaving them in charge to finish their conducted business. I hope for everyone's sanity they give that triple handshake a rest though.

Thanks to Il Diavolo, MR and others who scour the twitterverse for news and updates regarding our situation (and adding their own interesting take on everything, of course) :)

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
so F&M remain for the transfer market but get canned afterwards?

Tells me two things:

1. f&M will be the scapegoats for a shit zero-balance transfer market

2. F&M have zero incentive to do their best in the market because they will be canned anyway

What's going on?

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Ibrahimovic fans are impressively deluded. At least Messi and CR7 groupies have the accomplishments to justify their claims...iBra fans have :conf:
ppl forget the squareoff that Portugal and Sweden had recently and CR7 showed Zlatan who was boss.

Europa League title :proud:

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
The fact that Milan will continue with Fassone as CEO and Mirabelli as sporting director is completely normal. There are corporate activities & market negotiations initiated by the current management that must be carried out

Once the transfer market is over Elliott will be able to choose new directors.

-MilanNews

Fucks sake!

We need Mirabelli out before the transfer market is over. Who gives a fuck about what market negotiations he may be having. It's probably for garbage players anyways which we would end up overpaying for.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
Fucks sake!

We need Mirabelli out before the transfer market is over. Who gives a fuck about what market negotiations he may be having. It's probably for garbage players anyways which we would end up overpaying for.

May be moreso for.outgoing players.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
May be moreso for.outgoing players.

If Elliot do not bring their people right away it means they weren’t prepared for such a take over.

Moving ownership takes days but mobilizing with your own people is a different beast.

Now if reports are to be believed that Elliot are bounty hunting international profiles means they didn’t anticipated they will have to intervene this early, may be October but not early July anyway.

It could mean another thing, they already have a buyer lined up. All they have to do is run the club, lift the ban and sell as soon as season kicks off.

This way they bought Milan one year to prepare for FFP and and give new owners enough time with recruiting and arrange House.

I tend to believe what scaroni said when asked about the hypnosis of Elliot taking over. He said Elliot will not try to possess a football club and they will sell to get their money back.

This how I think it’s going to be, I might be wrong but who knows anymore?

Anyways it’ll be an interesting couple of months.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If peasant Mirabelli is staying then Zaza is a certainty :fp:

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Agree...

How about making back to back Finals in the UCL with 2 different clubs ?

I wasn't denying Ronaldo is the better player, I just felt his example as to why was all wrong. Massaro, will you be joining my support in hoping Ronaldo fails misearably at Juve?

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He cudnt spot talent with potential if it kicked him in the balls!

Im not sayin anythin on Conti... this will be his 1st year with us. We will see how it goes, good luck to the kid.

Bon-bon... fortuitous event in signing him.

Kessie... good player, I'll gladly shake M's hand for it

Hakan... good solid squad player

There is nothing else on his cv to be proud of. Even at inter... name one star he got for them. There is lots of talent out there... look at this Pavon guy for France, he plays rb for now but he will be an awesum cb one day... missed out! Arthur Melo is another one we missed out on... M is meant to be an expert of Brazilian market... wot happened?

F&M both agreed to pay a dick teenager 6M a year contract... why?

Did you really just call Hakan a solid squad player? Seriously?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wow, Chelsea gonna pay 100m for Higuain + Rugani?

Essentially Higuain + Rugani paid for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
as i tought elliot is here just forrr profit

The way that Elliott makes a profit on Milan is not with the revenue of the team. Even the NFL, which has probably the best revenue per-team in all of sports, the teams are making like 50m a year in profit.

Elliott's profit is by selling Milan for more than they bought it, which is about 350m. So anything about 350 they are getting a profit. If they sell now, they get what, 500-650m?

It seems they think they can get more than that. That would mean they have to sell something better, no? How will they achieve that? Not by selling all the players, I'll tell you that much.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
The way that Elliott makes a profit on Milan is not with the revenue of the team. Even the NFL, which has probably the best revenue per-team in all of sports, the teams are making like 50m a year in profit.

Elliott's profit is by selling Milan for more than they bought it, which is about 350m. So anything about 350 they are getting a profit. If they sell now, they get what, 500-650m?

It seems they think they can get more than that. That would mean they have to sell something better, no? How will they achieve that? Not by selling all the players, I'll tell you that much.

Great post man :star:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Once again - it isn't like mortgage then?

MKD_z0ki

Chosen One
Reaction score
reina, strinic and halilovic and thats the mercato for us, i doubt we are going to sign 8 or so players again.

KooJii

Primavera
Reaction score
I don't see the benefit of changing the CEO and SD this deep into the transfer window.

Also, I think the two big misses of Mirabelli's tenure have been Silva (but he's young, so not that big of a deal) and Kalinic. But Kalinic was a request of Montella.

I dunno. I don't think one transfer window defines an SD. I think if Elliott gives confidence to Fassone, doesn't that show you what they think of him as an administrator?

Agree. Elliott will have whole winter to monitor the situation. New SD would need to start from scratch in the middle of mercato. Mirabelli on the other hand will most likely have verbal agreement with couple of top targets (Immobile, Depay).

Mirabelli fucked up last summer with Aubameyang when they thought 60m€ requested by BVB was too much. If you remember BVB gave time window for the transfer that they will have enough time to find replacement. After that Neymar + Mbappe happened and transfer fees sky-rocketed. We had a change to correct the mistake in january's window but didn't have funds anymore.

Another mistake was to give ridiculous contract to Donnarumma's.

We just have to wait and see what kind of transfer budget we will have for the summer.

Farry

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think you’re all missing the point. We spent like cray last year. We have players that are used to serie a. Rino has had 3/4 of a season and now an off season. We have lower expectations (after a crazy mercato last year). The management is still a mess but we have quality youth, proven youth and enough decent players to have a good season.

We don’t have montella’s garbage tatics, crazy over enthusiasm from the media and question marks over Li & co.

MKD_z0ki

Chosen One
Reaction score
I think you’re all missing the point. We spent like cray last year. We have players that are used to serie a. Rino has had 3/4 of a season and now an off season. We have lower expectations (after a crazy mercato last year). The management is still a mess but we have quality youth, proven youth and enough decent players to have a good season.

We don’t have montella’s garbage tatics, crazy over enthusiasm from the media and question marks over Li & co.

we will see who else comes in but my prediction is 7th on the table

Status
Not open for further replies.