The Rumour Commode XXVI: March Fourth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
caldara was sold by jube because they knew about his injury prone condition. They scammed us yet again. confident With our Cb's? lol we still have Zapata. ofcourse we wouldn't be confident.

Didn't Caldara undergo a medical for us when he signed?

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
La Gazzetta's analysis on a Giampaolo Milan:

Gazzetta - Giampaolo's Milan: Attacking midfielder, more space for Cutrone. And reinforcements arrive
04.06.2019 08:01 by Salvatore Trovato

His arrival has not yet been formalized (Maldini's new job must be announced first), but Giampaolo's Milan is already taking shape. As shown by La Gazzetta dello Sport, when the technician from Abruzzo takes the command of the operations he will be faced with players with well-defined characteristics. Some will struggle to adapt, others, instead, will take advantage of the change on the bench to aim for more space.

TREQUARTIST - No doubt that Giampaolo will pass from 4-3-3 to 4-3-1-2. In this game system, Paquetà will act on the trocar behind the two strikers. Making yourself flexible for the new module will not be very convenient especially for external attackers: Calhanoglu could complete the transformation into a midfielder, but Suso, Castillejo and Borini would need a robust tactical restyling. Another question mark: Rodriguez. The Swiss is not exactly the kind of fullback that goes with the game of Giampaolo, he lacks a bit of "leg" in progression. The one that certainly has Conti, which could be a "revitalized" by the new technician

ATTACK AND MARKET - At the front, with the transition to the two points, Cutrone will certainly have more space. And who knows if the absence of another director does not raise the prices of Biglia. And from the Samp could get two pupils of Giampaolo, the defender Joachim Andersen and the midfielder Dennis Praet. Both would pass the "Gazidis test": the Danish central, 23 years old, the Belgian. Samp would like to make a total of 45-50 million from the combined sale, more or less equally distributed between the two.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Kojak you are really starting to annoy me. Name a top coach who achieved before becoming a top coach. Conte, Mourinho pre chelski, Zidane, guardiola ect were all relatively unknown before becoming what they were. Would you like someone like Ranieri because he won the pl with a shut team. Or maybe villas boas because he was a young super coach. Picking a coach is not like scouting young players. There are so many things that need to be analysed. Maybe the club sees Marco as a tactically astute, able to maximise player potential and also maybe he does have the temperament. Tbh u no shit and just talk as if you do. Very frustrating.

You're a tough guy arent you

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
I'm reading that Donna is being closely looked at by Utd, I say sell and promote Plizzari who is having a decent world cup.

I keep seeing that his sale would fund other moves, that is far from the most likely scenario, as his sale would be for FFP and likely go straight into the accounts. Thankfull GK is the only spot we don't need to sign a replacement for.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Gimme Tonali rumors!

7e38aa711268e73f70fa9bbfaba33848.jpg

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Slightly underwhelmed by the Schick-Silva swap rumours. Mental fortitude is one of the more important qualities for success.

If he is the fourth of five strikers for the two positions (1. Piatek, 2. Really good SS, 3. Cutrone and 5. Borini who will also cover fullback oppositions), then that might be ok, but I don't know how he is going to regain his confidence that led critics to describe him as a faster (but less strong) Ibrahimovic.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
It’s simple...I won’t have to as they’re not dumb enough to hire him &#55357;&#56834; If they do, then I’m willing to pay for extended stays for both at the best psychiatric facility in Milano :lol:

Excellent.

Btw I’m still waiting for you to justify his selection. Why should a coach who finished 10th with Samp three times and has a comparable PPG to Miha/Zenga replace Gattuso who fell 1 point short? Wouldn’t it have been easier just to replace Suso/Hakan now that the squads accustomed to Gattuso’s system instead of changing things up?

Also, what makes you confident that Marco can fire us back into the CL with youngsters after failing to reach the Europa league with a young Samp? Do tell...

But Kojak, I'm not really interested in justifying these things.. Most things I like in Serie A are based on watching games. If I like a manager's tactical philosophy and ability to grow players, I generally end up wishing they'd come to Milan. Giampaolo has been top of my list for many years.

A very long list of things beyond the manager's control influence statistical factors (especially in provincial clubs), so I don't really consider that. I like to look at how a particular manager suits Milan's particular situation, and I think Gazidis'/Maldini's way of analyzing this would be similar. For instance, Sarri would be a misfit here right now - a wholesale change of players would be required to make his tenure a success.

I think Gattuso was a pretty good manager for Milan at the moment as well. But like I said around this time last summer, if we were to replace Gattuso, my first pick would be Giampaolo. Tactically he's stronger, while not as much of a 'friendly brother' as Gattuso was to the squad (both are great qualities). Further, Gattuso has the burden of being an ex-player, which I think puts a lot of unwanted pressure on the manager. Both of them have a decent chance of growing a young squad over the next 2-3 seasons, gradually getting us to a trophy competing level.

Last edited:

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
I'm reading that Donna is being closely looked at by Utd, I say sell and promote Plizzari who is having a decent world cup.

I keep seeing that his sale would fund other moves, that is far from the most likely scenario, as his sale would be for FFP and likely go straight into the accounts. Thankfull GK is the only spot we don't need to sign a replacement for.

Plizzari: "I don't know what will happen in the future and Donnarumma remains the absolute number one. I only know that Milan is focusing a lot on me and that it would be a dream to retrace his steps, both for the Rossoneri and Italy."

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Kojak you are really starting to annoy me. Name a top coach who achieved before becoming a top coach. Conte, Mourinho pre chelski, Zidane, guardiola ect were all relatively unknown before becoming what they were. Would you like someone like Ranieri because he won the pl with a shut team. Or maybe villas boas because he was a young super coach. Picking a coach is not like scouting young players. There are so many things that need to be analysed. Maybe the club sees Marco as a tactically astute, able to maximise player potential and also maybe he does have the temperament. Tbh u no shit and just talk as if you do. Very frustrating.

:lol::fp:

Lol are you for real? Are you even aware that Conte won Serie B promotions with two different teams and won Serie A with a Juve side that previously finished 7th? Allegri won a Serie C championship and was named Coach of the Year managing Cagliari before joining us. Oh yeah, Mourinho just happened to win the fucking CL with Porto in his “pre Chelski” days :lol::fp: These are the characteristics of a promising Manager - winning trophies & awards at every level. Even Gasperini managed to qualify for CL with Atalanta despite losing key players every year. What the fuck has Giampaolo ever done besides getting fired? Somebody posted his coaching resume yesterday and it read like a horror story :lol:

Also, in case you hadn’t been following Milan over the last few years, we’ve tried newbie coaches and midtable coaches like Montella/Miha and none have managed to qualify for CL. Therefore, why should we gamble on another midtable coach who never achieved anything with Samp and has a similar PPG tally to Miha/Zenga?

Its time to hire a real coach just like our competitors have been doing all these years. It’s no coincidence that Juve, Napoli, Inter etc have all been CL regulars since hiring Conte/Allegri/Sarri/Benitez/Ancelotti/Spalletti. If we can’t afford a top coach, there’s plenty better suited than Giampaolo who’ve achieved CL qualification before e.g. Spalletti, EDF, Benitez, Garcia, Ranieri, Mazzarri.

Last edited:

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
How about we get niang back to play SS? He had a great year.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Juventus will be crazy to sell Kean after his performances in the last 6 months. Also, minimum 70-80 million.

How can they sell him if hes running out of contract?

Get him fo free :g:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
:lol::fp:

Lol are you for real? Are you even aware that Conte won Serie B promotions with two different teams and won Serie A with a Juve side that previously finished 7th? Or what about Allegri who won a Serie C championship and was named Coach of the Year managing Cagliari before joining us? Oh yeah, Mourinho just happened to win the fucking CL with Porto in his “pre Chelski” days :lol::fp: These are the characteristics of a promising Manager - winning trophies & awards at every level. Even Gasperini managed to qualify for CL with Atalanta despite losing key players every year. What the fuck has Giampaolo ever done besides getting fired? Somebody posted his coaching resume yesterday and it read like a horror story :lol:

Also, in case you hadn’t been following Milan over the last few years, we’ve tried newbie coaches and midtable coaches like Montella/Miha and none have managed to qualify for CL. Therefore, why should we gamble on another midtable coach who never achieved anything with Samp and has a similar PPG tally to Miha/Zenga?

Its time to hire a real coach just like our competitors have been doing all these years. It’s no coincidence that Juve, Napoli, Inter etc have all been CL regulars since hiring Conte/Allegri/Sarri/Benitez/Ancelotti/Spalletti. If we can’t afford a top coach, there’s plenty better suited than Giampaolo who’ve achieved CL qualification before e.g. Spalletti, EDF, Benitez, Garcia, Ranieri, Mazzarri.

Lol u prove my point. All those examples u used were after them coaches proved them self. If you looked one step before you would see that they had not done so.

It was that step at a big club (i.e. Porto and Jive where they excelled). Characteristics of somebody before they have achieved is not necessarily that they have won lol. If you think sacci or capello had done much before managing here u are crazy. I have followed Milan closely for a long time. Been through the highes and through the Li days. What I like about this is that I feel in 5 years with this plan we can be cl semi finalist's plus.

Btw if you want seri c and b promotions as a basis. Look at Marcos assistant coaching record in his early managing career. And then look into it some more and tell me. The reason they don't show on his record has something to do with the 2006 season. Look into that please. I like this guy because he is a fighter.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol if we let bakayoko go and don't bring in tonali I might jump off a balcony

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Lol u prove my point. All those examples u used were after them coaches proved them self. If you looked one step before you would see that they had not done so.

It was that step at a big club (i.e. Porto and Jive where they excelled). Characteristics of somebody before they have achieved is not necessarily that they have won lol. If you think sacci or capello had done much before managing here u are crazy. I have followed Milan closely for a long time. Been through the highes and through the Li days. What I like about this is that I feel in 5 years with this plan we can be cl semi finalist's plus.

Btw if you want seri c and b promotions as a basis. Look at Marcos assistant coaching record in his early managing career. And then look into it some more and tell me. The reason they don't show on his record has something to do with the 2006 season. Look into that please. I like this guy because he is a fighter.

Lol reading this gave me a migraine. You asked me to name a top coach who’d achieved something before and I gave you several examples. Both Conte + Allegri won league titles in the lower divisions and coaching awards managing shit teams. Therefore, their subsequent success isn’t that surprising. But it’s not just all about winning trophies. Gasperini has finished 4th with Atalanta twice and reached a cup final knocking out defending champions Juve. So I’ll ask again, what the hell has Marco ever done?

Btw his assistant coaching record is meaningless because he wasn’t the main Coach! E.g. I’m pretty sure Mourinho didn’t take credit for Van Gaal winning the league when he was his assistant at Barca. Instead, he went out on his own and won multiple CL and league titles in different leagues. Meanwhile, Giampaolo hasn’t ever been able to qualify for the Europa league :lol::fp:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
can we rename Kojak to... the special one

lowercase s

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
General neruda sounds good no

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
How can they sell him if hes running out of contract?

Get him fo free :g:

He had renewed few weeks back. No way Juve would let him go for free. In many ways, he's more valuable for them than Cristiano is.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Lol reading this gave me a migraine. You asked me to name a top coach who’d achieved something before and I gave you several examples. Both Conte + Allegri won league titles in the lower divisions and coaching awards managing shit teams. Therefore, their subsequent success isn’t that surprising. But it’s not just all about winning trophies. Gasperini has finished 4th with Atalanta twice and reached a cup final knocking out defending champions Juve. So I’ll ask again, what the hell has Marco ever done?

Btw his assistant coaching record is meaningless because he wasn’t the main Coach! E.g. I’m pretty sure Mourinho didn’t take credit for Van Gaal winning the league when he was his assistant at Barca. Instead, he went out on his own and won multiple CL and league titles in different leagues. Meanwhile, Giampaolo hasn’t ever been able to qualify for the Europa league :lol::fp:

This post tells me u know nothing about Marco. I was referring to the fact that during his assistant coaching days he was the coach. He didn't have the proper qualifications to be named head coach hence he was terminated in 2006 only to be reinstated once he received the right documentation. Coaching can't be taught . This guy may flop. But to say he will because he has not achieved makes zero sense becauseost top coaches don't achive untill... Well they do.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
For God's sake. This discussion of promising, established or top managers is just a pointless discussion of semantics.

It's just a question of whether you think of a coach as established after they've won something, or still promising.

Obviously, almost all of the top coaches, at the start of their career, didn't achieve. At that time maybe they were 'promising'. Then as they accumulated accolades or achievements, they establish their name and become 'established', and if they win top honours or make remarkable achievements consistently they become 'top'.

Was Allegri not 'promising' before being named coach of the year? Or Mourinho not 'promising' before he won with Porto? They should have been considered promising before they won anything since they obviously had the promise to become top coaches. Therefore I'd say it's possible to be promising before you win, in fact it has to be that way.

It's just a question of whether you're saying someone has to achieve some result to be considered promising, or whether they were promising before that and then starting to achieve the results is fulfilling their promise.

Allegri, or whoever, had promise when he started out as a coach on day 1. Then he started fulfilling his promise and became established and then a top coach.

It's only a question of the definition of 'promising' and belongs on a semantics forum, not a football one.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
For God's sake. This discussion of promising, established or top managers is just a pointless discussion of semantics.

It's just a question of whether you think of a coach as established after they've won something, or still promising.

Obviously, almost all of the top coaches, at the start of their career, didn't achieve. At that time maybe they were 'promising'. Then as they accumulated accolades or achievements, they establish their name and become 'established', and if they win top honours or make remarkable achievements consistently they become 'top'.

Was Allegri not 'promising' before being named coach of the year? Or Mourinho not 'promising' before he won with Porto? They should have been considered promising before they won anything since they obviously had the promise to become top coaches. Therefore I'd say it's possible to be promising before you win, in fact it has to be that way.

It's just a question of whether you're saying someone has to achieve some result to be considered promising, or whether they were promising before that and then starting to achieve the results is fulfilling their promise.

Allegri, or whoever, had promise when he started out as a coach on day 1. Then he started fulfilling his promise and became established and then a top coach.

It's only a question of the definition of 'promising' and belongs on a semantics forum, not a football one.

But this is my point. That is what the club's job is. To pick a guy who they this will be successful. They have a lot more data than us. But we hope that an organisation like Elliot have put in place a structure that allows us to make more correct calls than bad ones. They want to make money on this club. That is their business. But by doing that we need to be a success again. Picking the right coach will do that. Gaz is here for that. I'm not arguing whether Marco is considered a great coach. I am saying what you are. We don't know. We hope the club makes the right decision. For my sake, your sake and their sake.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fun fact... Pep hasn’t won a quarter or semi final away game since Messi played for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule