The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Like how Mussachiobis laughing at the bench,vdoesnt give a shit... sell all the fuckers

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fassone managed to squeeze a few mill out of Elliott for unfair dismissal so no doubt Zvonny will do the same.
No chance. Boban will go back to fifa plus doing another interview suggests he does not care about money.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Very disappointed with the effort, it seems the team has felt the troubles behind the curtains.

I don't agree with Boban going to the media, Gazidis trying to find a new coach without informing the management is equally dumb.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Very disappointed with the effort, it seems the team has felt the troubles behind the curtains.

I don't agree with Boban going to the media, Gazidis trying to find a new coach without informing the management is equally dumb.
The damage has been done and everyone is suffering the consequences, dismissing boban was an expected reaction.

Now whoever comes next must be given time, support and resources. Elliot will find themselves with a club eating money and has the same value as Genoa if they dont intervene.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
situation where boban and maldini are asked by random journalists what they think about ralf because he will join/replace them is very professional from ivan

rnb 2020

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
The thing is Boban is not like a regular employee who would be without a job and need another job! He's a director with a proper contract that can't be broken by the club just for poor performance. Even if they fired him at the end of the season the club would still have to pay his contract until it ends or till they came to some mutual understanding to terminate it.

You are confusing this situation to a regular job where a person gets worried when his employer starts looking for a replacement. And then one day he suddenly gets fired and is jobless without a salary.

No I'm not, my post was exactly what you're explaining. He'd have had to be compensated but he can still be removed, probably in a number of different ways depending on the contract.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Milan all of a sudden worse built squad in Serie A :lol:
They are going on a decade of having the worst midfield in serie A. Relegation teams are better organized in midfield. Lack of skill, lack of pace and lack physical strength in midfield.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No I'm not, my post was exactly what you're explaining. He'd have had to be compensated but he can still be removed, probably in a number of different ways depending on the contract.

In the football world any player or director can be removed anytime. Their contract, however remains in place. There was no performance clause in Boban's contract. The owners didn't need to tell him "we're looking for a new director, so start looking for a new job!". If Milan fired Boban at the end of the season, he could just sit at home for the next 2 years and earn his salary just like Spalletti is sitting at home earning his Inter salary. Or if he wanted to go back to work with FIFA then him and the club could reach a mutual agreement to end the contract (maybe with some severance payout).

But now, because of the unauthorized interview the management have said that they have "just cause" to terminate the contract. They may or may not have "just cause" depending on the terms of the contract. That's going to be determined by the courts / judges.

Last edited:

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
After today's pathetic display it looks like we will likely miss out even on EL. Or worse... we will play qualification rounds (3) by finishing 7th

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
After today's pathetic display it looks like we will likely miss out even on EL. Or worse... we will play qualification rounds (3) by finishing 7th

- question if ralf wants el
- you may qualify by coppa
- there will be soon Europa Conference League

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score

who gives a shit? That's the least of our concerns right now, with another year zero..

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
In the football world any player or director can be removed anytime. Their contract, however remains in place. There was no performance clause in Boban's contract. The owners didn't need to tell him "we're looking for a new director, so start looking for a new job!". If Milan fired Boban at the end of the season, he could just sit at home for the next 2 years and earn his salary just like Spalletti is sitting at home earning his Inter salary. Or if he wanted to go back to work with FIFA then him and the club could reach a mutual agreement to end the contract (maybe with some severance payout).

But now, because of the unauthorized interview the management have said that they have "just cause" to terminate the contract. They may or may not have "just cause" depending on the terms of the contract. That's going to be determined by the courts / judges.

No they didn't need to inform him. But they could have done. They didn't and he found out about it and was angry enough to speak publicly and cause a total farce. He's said a few times that he wanted to know and then wanted clarification. Obviously the club was not obliged to make him aware of their plans at that level but if they didn't want to then they should have done a better job and keeping it under wraps.

Otherwise they could have told him. Clearly it's up to him to look for a new position or to sit and home and take the remaining pay but he could still have been informed that there was going to be a parting of ways at the end of the season. Give him the opportunity to make it a mutual agreement rather than a firing if he wanted and negotiate the settlement, or like you said he could have begun talking to FIFA or whoever.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No they didn't need to inform him. But they could have done. They didn't and he found out about it and was angry enough to speak publicly and cause a total farce. He's said a few times that he wanted to know and then wanted clarification. Obviously the club was not obliged to make him aware of their plans at that level but if they didn't want to then they should have done a better job and keeping it under wraps.

Otherwise they could have told him. Clearly it's up to him to look for a new position or to sit and home and take the remaining pay but he could still have been informed that there was going to be a parting of ways at the end of the season. Give him the opportunity to make it a mutual agreement rather than a firing if he wanted and negotiate the settlement, or like you said he could have begun talking to FIFA or whoever.

First of all we don't even know if the club was planning to fire Boban and Maldini at the end of the season. All the articles about Rangnick say that he would come to be coach and also have powers over transfers. That means some of the powers of Maldini / Boban would go to Rangnick. Firing is another thing...

Even now, the media says that Elliot still want Maldini to stay. Even Boban in his interview showed that he was displeased that the club was interfering in the sporting side which was supposed to be controlled by Maldini / Boban. And that Gazidis shouldn't be talking to potential coaches "behind their back". Basically Boban was pissed about the interference in the sporting side and some of his and Maldini's powers potentially being reduced. I don't see any concern of Boban about being fired. If he was concerned about being fired then that makes even less sense to give an unauthorized interview.

Gazidis represents the ownership. If the ownership is unhappy about Maldini / Boban's performance and want to talk to someone else (Rangnick) about taking over a part of their role, it isn't necessarily the best idea for them to tell Maldini / Boban about it mid-season.

In terms of "opportunity to make it a mutual agreement rather than a firing". The firing and agreement to end a contract are two different things. The firing of a contract employee always happens first. After the firing the employee keeps getting paid until the contract is ended. For example they could fire him at the end of the season, he sits at home for the next 6 months getting his full salary and then because he wants to join Fifa or some other job he agrees to take a severance and end the contract. Spalletti is earning his full Inter salary now but if he wants to take a new coaching job he will have to end his contract with Inter.

Last edited:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ralf Rangnick when asked about having an agreement with Milan in December: “This is absolutely not true”.

https://de.sports.yahoo.com/news/entlassener-manager-enthüllt-rangnicks-milan-103034320.html
If true, this makes Boban look very stupid. Fuck me sideways if true. I really hope he's just saying something as he can't come out yet about existing agreements.

Maybe Gazidis told him to keep things secret for now so that Bobans accusions look unfounded. If not, than Boban looks like a certain Bush who went to war based on non existent proofs. I don't want Boban to be on the same level of Bush...

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If true, this makes Boban look very stupid. Fuck me sideways if true. I really hope he's just saying something as he can't come out yet about existing agreements.

Maybe Gazidis told him to keep things secret for now so that Bobans accusions look unfounded. If not, than Boban looks like a certain Bush who went to war based on non existent proofs. I don't want Boban to be on the same level of Bush...

Not to be harsh but Bush ran a country for 8 years. Not saying I agree or disagree with his policies, but its a pretty taxing job.

Boban rage quit after not even 1 season with the reason essentially being "my boss didn't tell me about a lot of the decisions so I am going to come out and talk about their open negotiations"

Boban definitely is not on the same level of Bush :lol:

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Lol but what do you expect to hear from Ralf? You want him to confess it, when Pioli is still under the contract with Milan as our coach? And with Maldini and Massara still on their position?

Ofc that he'll deny it... but after Boban interview, I'm 99,9% sure it's true.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But that's not the situation at Milan right? The ultras gave a well-balanced statement, they haven't fallen for Boban's attempts at trying to be the good guy. As long as Gazidis manages the company well (in terms of HR, commercial, brand aspects), I really don't think the whole technical upheaval can affect him nor Elliott. Whether he's doing the former well or not is something I have no clue about - none of us do at this stage really.

I hope it never gets that bad. I'm glad the ultras didn't pick Boban's side.
Don't want this to happen again.
But you seemed to be claiming that fan protests/boycotts are completely irrelevant for the CEO and the owners.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Kind of excited with Ralf being the new coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
the chinese eating batwings and giampaolo eating shit killed any will to even pay attention to football this year

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
The Chinese joke is becoming little boring and very pointy.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not to be harsh but Bush ran a country for 8 years. Not saying I agree or disagree with his policies, but its a pretty taxing job.

Boban rage quit after not even 1 season with the reason essentially being "my boss didn't tell me about a lot of the decisions so I am going to come out and talk about their open negotiations"

Boban definitely is not on the same level of Bush
Yeah I have maybe gone a bit too far with this one :-)

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
The Chinese joke is becoming little boring and very pointy.

It's not a joke. It's a bannable offense. The joke is that people aren't catching on to that fact.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I hope it never gets that bad. I'm glad the ultras didn't pick Boban's side.
Don't want this to happen again.
But you seemed to be claiming that fan protests/boycotts are completely irrelevant for the CEO and the owners.

Sorry I think the point got diluted over various posts. My point was regarding the fact that Gazidis doesn't need to be popular with the fans. Popularity, the positive trait, is relevant for leaders like Berlusconi, who have something at stake based on whether the fans love him or not. For executives like Gazidis, doing the job assigned to him by his bosses would be the priority. As long as he doesn't cause 'Game Over' type situations, he can afford to remain the distant, aloof, non-Milanista chief executive.

From the Ultras' current stand, Gazidiz seems very comfortably placed in staying in that territory.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
- question if ralf wants el
- you may qualify by coppa
- there will be soon Europa Conference League

1. No idea
2. No way we even go to the final
3. Another Intertoto is a dumb idea. Hope we never have to play there

who gives a shit? That's the least of our concerns right now, with another year zero..

Anyone who cares about the club...
If we go to qualification rounds - we add 6 games which will do nothing good to the team. Wasting energy for nothing in... July. With the EURO in place this means that many players will be missing for these games which makes it even dumber.

On the other hand if we don't go to EL we miss on 15 m which is a lot for us considering Gazidis flopped with the revenue increase big time

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I woke up just feeling apathy toward yesterday's game and the situation at the club. I really hope the season just gets cancelled - both for the safety of the players/staff at the clubs and because I am so done with this season. Another year wasted really, with the only good points being Theo, Bennacer and Rebic. Ibra I don't see staying anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule