The MilanLab Thread

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
menon_inc said:
Heard of sarcasm ?
zZ[- -]Zz wasn't being sarcastic. He and the Stupidity Triad Version 2.0 troll around all the threads to spew their jealousy driven, anti Ronaldo/anti Brazilian agendas. He and the triad doubted that Ronaldo was injured and frequently accused him of faking.....hence the "invisible injury thing"

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
LOLZ... drucurl seriously got angry there... even though i didn't finish readin' his post...

that was not an anti-fat *** post... Pato also had an undetectable injury... not only fat ***... the whole world doesn't evolve around him...

this you can considered anti-fat ***...
First of all the expression is "the wohle world doesn't RE-VOLVE around him" :head:

Secondly Pato's injuries were detectable...unless of course his ankle wasn't detectable ;)

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Not saying they're related, but didn't know where else to stick this - Dr. Sala's resigned as club doctor and Dr. Massimo Manara has taken over.

A.C.MILAN COMUNICATO UFFICIALE
24/06/2008
MILANO - L’A.C. Milan comunica che a partire dal prossimo 1° luglio il Dottor Massimo Manara assumerà la carica di Medico Sociale della Società rossonera. Al Dottor Massimiliano Sala, che ha rassegnato le dimissioni, vanno i nostri più sentiti ringraziamenti per la professionalità e la passione dimostrate negli ultimi cinque anni.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Thank you Dr. Massimiliano Sala, for all your years of dedication and commitment to this project and to the well being of current and former Milan players.

Welcome and congratulations Dr. Massimo Manara, on your appointment.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you for what has to be the most trivial piece of information imparted on me... :sleep:

When can we expect word on the new ball boy appointment?

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
drucurl said:
First of all the expression is "the wohle world doesn't RE-VOLVE around him" :head:

ever see Encino Man?

i think the whole world did actually "evolve" around Brendan Fraiser in that movie... i think it would apply to the guys in those gieco commercials as well... maybe he was trying to say that ronaldo isnt a cave man?? seems fairly obvious to me that ronaldo is in fact NOT a cave man.

lia

yada yada
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mané Garrincha, Kaká, Nesta, Ronaldo
chely said:
Not saying they're related, but didn't know where else to stick this - Dr. Sala's resigned as club doctor and Dr. Massimo Manara has taken over.

24/06/2008
MILANO - L’A.C. Milan comunica che a partire dal prossimo 1° luglio il Dottor Massimo Manara assumerà la carica di Medico Sociale della Società rossonera. Al Dottor Massimiliano Sala, che ha rassegnato le dimissioni, vanno i nostri più sentiti ringraziamenti per la professionalità e la passione dimostrate negli ultimi cinque anni.
I know him, but as the cute Milan doctor. :D

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
chely said:

24/06/2008

and Dr. Manara is coming from Parma. i hope he would be contribute much in Milan Lab which is its capability is doubted these days lately based on many cases.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Andromeda said:
and Dr. Manara is coming from Parma. i hope he would be contribute much in Milan Lab which is its capability is doubted these days lately based on many cases.

I know, maybe Dr. Manara can improve things at Milanello, but I'll still miss the very cute Dr. Sala. :D

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Old article on Milan Lab:

http://www.worldchiropracticalliance.org/tcj/2006/nov/k.htm

November 2006

Third‑millenium chiropractic: A tour of the Milan Lab

by Carl Lundgren, DC and Yannick Pauli, DC

In world soccer, A.C. Milan is a legend. Founded in 1899, A.C. Milan has long been among the world's most successful soccer clubs. In its more than 100 years of existence, it has packed its trophy room with 16 Italian League Championships, 5 Italian League Cups, 4 League Supercups, 6 UEFA Champion League Cups, 3 Intercontinental Cups, 2 Winners' Cups and 3 European Supercups. It is truly a step above your average team.

milan1-web.jpg

But for the chiropractor, A.C Milan's peculiarity does not reside only in its impressive list of wins.

What sets it apart is the amazing vision brought about and implemented by Jean‑Pierre Meersseman, DC, an internationally known chiropractor and practitioner of applied kinesiology.

Dr. Meersseman is the long‑time Medical Director of A.C Milan and has created a revolutionary model of health care management, injury prevention and performance enhancement. This model is based on the philosophy, science and art of chiropractic and has brought to the players of the team a tremendous competitive edge.

Meersseman's clinical experience in chiropractic and applied kinesiology has allowed him to evaluate the function and performance abilities of the players in a way that was never possible with the previously applied medical models. Still, Dr. Meersseman realized that this purely empirical approach was not sufficient. The whole process had to become more scientific, reproducible and documented. So, with the help of Daniele Tognaccini, A.C Milan athletic coach, and Bruno Demichelis, a sport psychologist with a rare and refined understanding of chiropractic, Meersseman created the MilanLab.

Located in Milanello, the MilanLab is a high‑tech scientific research centre designed to optimise the players' psycho‑social conditions, help them achieve and maintain top‑level athletic performance, help the medical staff predict injury and give the coach valuable support on each individual player's performance capabilities.

milan2-web.jpg
The creation of MilanLab, like most innovations, caused a few waves. "Since our model is deeply rooted in the philosophy, art and science of chiropractic, the medical staff was quite closed to the idea when I first arrived," recalls Meersseman. "So I had to fire the medical doctors who did not want to come onboard."

Today, Meersseman ‑‑ whom everyone at A.C. Milan calls Professore, the Professor ‑‑ heads a medical staff of about 40 people, including medical doctors, physical therapists, athletic trainers, psychologists, nutritionist and two other full‑time chiropractors.

The results of MilanLab are impressive. Since the implementation of the project in 2002, the incidence of non‑traumatic injuries has dropped by 92%. "Before we implemented our holistically‑based chiropractic approach, we had so many injuries we needed about 35 players in the team. Today, we only require 22," commented Meersseman. "There was a time when non‑traumatic injuries lead to the use about 7 injections per week. Last year, 4 injections were made for the entire year."

This reduction in the rate of injury has brought a tremendous competitive edge to the players and dramatic savings to the Club. At this level, players cost millions of dollars, and injuries can be a tremendous economic burden to the club.

The core of MilanLab is a computerized system that is capable of evaluating the player's condition and fitness, based on objective data, numbers and metrics. Every two weeks, data is collected from the mental, biochemical and structural domains through a series of testing circuits consisting of various pieces of scientific equipment. Among those are a quarter‑million‑dollar biomechanical analysis lab and various machines to evaluate neurological functions that range from electrovideonystagmography to neurofeedback. All the data are integrated into intelligent software programs and displayed on a highly‑user friendly graphic interface.

Each player then has a personal record created from the data, which can be used to design individual and specific preparation programs that range from physical training, to diet, and to mental optimisation.

The system is also designed to alert the medical staff to psycho‑physical indicators that may signal a risk situation. The staff can then design a plan to correct anomalous values and prevent injuries.

MilanLab is also equipped with an in‑house MRI machine, a high‑tech fitness centre, rehabilitative swimming pools, relaxation centre.

Chiropractic is at the core of the philosophy of health care in MilanLab. With a chiropractor as the head of the medical staff, the goal of care is to optimize the mental, physical, and bio‑chemical factors (Triune of Life) that are vital to player performance.

"Players are seen every day by the chiropractor," Meersseman explains. "This allows us to prevent numerous injuries, while maximising the player's performance. We apply chiropractic in a subluxation‑centered, wellness‑oriented perspective. We especially place a strong emphasis on the upper cervical area and applied kinesiology allows us integrate the biochemical and mental aspect of the triangle of health, as well as to respond to the specific needs of sports chiropractic."

Having the privilege to visit MilanLab is an eye‑opening experience. Never before has the potential of chiropractic been so apparent. The integration of traditional chiropractic principles with high‑tech scientific technologies allows Meersseman and his team to bring the best of chiropractic to the best soccer players in the world.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
milan lab should be more transparent, IMO. thoughts?

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
considering ronaldo's problems some time ago and now pato flying to brazil for some medical treatment i say yes.

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan, and I don't buy into all the propaganda that goes around, about how it is a some sort of magic centre and the standard for Europe in terms of medical care.

We get a lot of injuries, and it isn't just to do with the fact we have older players. It has been a long time since we've had a season where we haven't had injuries affecting the squad in a major manner.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No. The players are old as fuck and i dunno how did this ''milan lab is responsible for the players injuries'' theory even materialized in the first place?!? Fact is if a warm atmosphere can do a player good more than fancy medical equipment than why not send him there?

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Well I didn't say they were responsible for the players injuries, but we seem to get a lot each season, and whatever methods they are using are going to be put in doubt as long as that continues to happen.

Thiago Silva (25), Bonera (28), Borriello (27), Di Gennaro (21) have all been injured this year. Even Gattuso, at 32, is not what I consider old, just the wrong side of 30.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Well I didn't say they were responsible for the players injuries, but we seem to get a lot each season, and whatever methods they are using are going to be put in doubt as long as that continues to happen.

Thiago Silva (25)
, Bonera (28), Borriello (27), Di Gennaro (21) have all been injured this year. Even Gattuso, at 32, is not what I consider old, just the wrong side of 30.

these 2 have a long history of injuries stemming before milan.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
these 2 have a long history of injuries stemming before milan.

i know silva had injury issues in the past but i dont remember bori having injury problems before last season... ? maybe im wrong.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i know silva had injury issues in the past but i dont remember bori having injury problems before last season... ? maybe im wrong.

possible. I recall him having some injuries when on loan at trevisio or sampdoria but i could be wrong. Nothing like last year. But then again it should be said, his style of play would lead to ALOT of injuries

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Stand by my point of 2 years ago.
a)Risks you take when you have an old team (and lack of depth which makes us rush certain players out of injuries).
b) It's not crap, but it won't magically dissapear injuries. Technologically it may have the best of the best things out there, but that alone won't make changes.
c) There's players that are injury prone just cause that's what they are, they can have the best doctors at their disposal, they can have the best physical preparation...but their body is like that.
d) It can have all the computers you want and all, but the biggest work is done by humans, and like anything made by humans it has the possibility of mistakes.
e) There are injuries which nothing in the world can prevent (a.k.a shit happens).

BTW, blamming MilanLab for Pippo's kidney stones is LOL worthy.

(Lol, I didn't remember anyone blaming Pippo's kidney stones on Milan Lab).

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Thiago Silva (25), Bonera (28), Borriello (27), Di Gennaro (21) have all been injured this year. Even Gattuso, at 32, is not what I consider old, just the wrong side of 30.

All teams have injury'crisis'. It's part of the game. I believe we would be about 10 injuries ahead of drugcartell called Juventus.

Meanwhile you can see every other team moaning about injuries at times - now it has hit Arsenal, Manu. Roma fired their med-personel. Juventus are constantly missing 7 players since last year. Mourinho is moaning, though he does it regardless of the situation.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
All teams have injury'crisis'. It's part of the game. I believe we would be about 10 injuries ahead of drugcartell called Juventus.

Meanwhile you can see every other team moaning about injuries at times - now it has hit Arsenal, Manu. Roma fired their med-personel. Juventus are constantly missing 7 players since last year. Mourinho is moaning, though he does it regardless of the situation.

all of this= milanlab's fault

samir10

Reaction score
Fav. Players
so what about luiz nazario de lima ronaldo?

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score

lol

TS and birri are both injury prone players..........or at least TS, dont know whats marcos status been before milan. Other than those 2 our below 30ish players dont really get injured all that much. those that do..........part of the game.

Many medical experts praise milan lab so i doubt its just baloney altogether. Some journos did ask galliani/ancelotti whether milanLab aint all that effective and if some new staff should be appointed and both denied milanlab is any kind of problem.

samir10

Reaction score
Fav. Players
all injuries during his career = milanlabs involvement

wow you got me there! you know what i mean. afaik he didn't have any serious injuries since joining corinthias?

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Milanlab's is good at makin old players play longer, not necessarily gettin young players back quickly. That being said they are good at what they do.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
wow you got me there! you know what i mean. afaik he didn't have any serious injuries since joining corinthias?
It's all fault of european teams then, cause long injuries were a regular feature in his career.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
It's all fault of european teams then, cause long injuries were a regular feature in his career.

the supreme council of the 'anti-brazilian-sentiment-authority' purposely injured ronaldo to protect white-european players legacies.