Hakan Çalhanoğlu Thread

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I've said dozens of times before, you need to play as a team unit before judging any individual talent.

Yesterday, we were incredibly well set up team-wise.
And surprise surprise, Hakan looked great. :star:

Keep those performance coming!

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
one decent game does not absolve hakan for all the pathetic performances prior to this game. Get rid of him next season regardless.

Ban this guy.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
one decent game does not absolve hakan for all the pathetic performances prior to this game. Get rid of him next season regardless.

It doesn't absolve him, but gives hopes for the second part of the season for him to perform.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I've said dozens of times before, you need to play as a team unit before judging any individual talent.

Yesterday, we were incredibly well set up team-wise.
And surprise surprise, Hakan looked great. :star:

Keep those performance coming!

Yes, ofc.. you cant judge a single player if ALL of our players and teamplay looks like crap. In that case everyone will improve sooner or later
However, if a professional player fails 99% first touches, ofc he will get some hate... he did bad, deserved all the criticism, but i do think all our players have quality to play better than now...

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
It doesn't absolve him, but gives hopes for the second part of the season for him to perform.

He needs to get fit first. I dont rate him at all. Take the cash next season. Hopefully he plays well in some big games so we can ask for a decent amount. We need a world class playmaker. Hakan is not of that claibre at all. I would happily sell him and bonaventura if i can get a wc playmaker in return.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
please do not count on him for the 2nd half

get him some competition, he can play if he continues to prove himself

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
:thumbsup: Should be a starter in the trident attack.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
We improved when he came on

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
His passes are sloppy

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Good (but limited) player and, again, don't know why Mirabelli signed someone that was never going to work in Montella's 4-3-3. Hakan needs to be in a free role, otherwise he's useless.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
People calling him to be sold are complete idiots who clearly never witnessed the circus that was Inter in the 90s and 00s. Buy one season, sell next season, buy, sell and so on. If we keep doing that we won't have a decent team for another 10 years.

You don't sell before you actually have a better replacement lined up and need the funds, but otherwise there's no reason why Hakan can't be an impact sub. You need a squad to win things, not a world class starting 11.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Nothing wrong with selling him to get a wc player.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Yes, once we have an agreement with said world class player. The problem is that there aren't any players who are 1) better than Hakan that we can afford and 2) would join a team not in the CL.

Otherwise what, we sell and then pray that a world class player arrives, and when they don't we panic and buy someone average on Golden Tie Day?

At Milan we MAKE world class players, not buy them, and it should stay that way.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Buying WC players is tough when you are mid table in Serie A.

We tried in the summer. Clubs don't want to sell, players don't want to come.

We need to be top 4 before WC players consider us.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Buying WC players is tough when you are mid table in Serie A.

We tried in the summer. Clubs don't want to sell, players don't want to come.

We need to be top 4 before WC players consider us.

Or a big check

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Good (but limited) player and, again, don't know why Mirabelli signed someone that was never going to work in Montella's 4-3-3. Hakan needs to be in a free role, otherwise he's useless.

Definitely something off between FM and Montella. It's either they just bought anyone they liked and forced Montella to solve the puzzle or Montella was a delusional and requested those players who didn't suit his style.
They brought in Hakan- not a winger, Silva - a SS, then another striker Kalinic, no winger, not to mention Bonucci and Conti. Look like we wanted to play 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 not 4-3-3.
It might be FM wanted to replace Montella even last summer but we couldn't know the details.
Just do not make the same mistake again. Bring us a WC coach and give him full authority in transfer market.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Definitely something off between FM and Montella. It's either they just bought anyone they liked and forced Montella to solve the puzzle or Montella was a delusional and requested those players who didn't suit his style.

It's obviously the first option. Fassone and Mirabelli implied numerous times that their transfer strategy was essentially "we just couldn't say no to him at that price". It was basically Galliani's strategy with more money but for the wrong positions on the pitch.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
It's obviously the first option. Fassone and Mirabelli implied numerous times that their transfer strategy was essentially "we just couldn't say no to him at that price". It was basically Galliani's strategy with more money but for the wrong positions on the pitch.

I'm not sure about that. The problem is not about Bonucci. I heard that Kalinic is Montella request? Why did he want another striker in his 4-3-3 system. We never knew the details btw.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure about that. The problem is not about Bonucci. I heard that Kalinic is Montella request? Why did he want another striker in his 4-3-3 system. We never knew the details btw.

Having 3 strikers is ok, i think we had even more at some points during B&G.
Seasons are long and players get injured, then you have 2 left to pick for strategical choices or rotation.

Also, noone believed 19y.o Cutrone would be valid option for first team at that tim.

The problem is that our main attacker option (Kalinic) is not working, and our younger options are still finding themselves. And above all that, we are in a situation where we cant wait for them to grow

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

To be fair, Montella probably didn’t ask for Andre Silva.

Him asking for Kalinic is understandable had we gotten a reliable lw and another midfielder

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
To be fair, Montella probably didn’t ask for Andre Silva.

Him asking for Kalinic is understandable had we gotten a reliable lw and another midfielder

It's also clear he would have preferred Auba or Belotti, who we could've got without splashing on Silva, Hakan and even Bonucci - all three were pretty much "couldn't say no to them" buys without any tactical considerations.

Kalinic was a safe bet given that he was Serie A proven. I'm not sure who else Montella could've gone for having been told "so, we've got 20 mil left to spend on a striker, who can we get?"

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Having 3 strikers is ok, i think we had even more at some points during B&G.
Seasons are long and players get injured, then you have 2 left to pick for strategical choices or rotation.

Also, noone believed 19y.o Cutrone would be valid option for first team at that tim.

The problem is that our main attacker option (Kalinic) is not working, and our younger options are still finding themselves. And above all that, we are in a situation where we cant wait for them to grow

no, kalinic came too late, cutrone did show sth at this time, i mean 3 strikers in 4-3-3 is fine but 4-3-3 without a proper wingers is doomed, so any sane people at that time will beg FM to bring another winger instead of another striker, otherwise its very unbalanced
thats the most weird thing about montella, idk if he wanted to play 4-3-3 or not, or maybe he thought jack or hakan are good wingers, thats so dumb

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
As Silva he is not ready for serie a. Its too fast for him and he needs time. Also looks unfit for what GAttuso is asking.

There's no logic that his passing is so sloppy unless its confusing for him to play under this pressure and also the team is not moving properly.

I believe he can be usefull. With time.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Another good game, he’s looking so much more sharp on ball now. His passing has been awesome too. Really happy with him lately, the guy has the quality to make it here imo. Starting to work real hard defensively too which is always a bonus!

Schedule