Can't be any worse than Zapata can he?

Welcome and good luck!

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Can't be any worse than Zapata can he?

Welcome and good luck!

Zapata was really strong last season, to be fair. If Duarte can pull of that kind of form for us, it'd be great.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
That cameo has raised hopes for me. This guy just might be one of our best signings this summer.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
That cameo has raised hopes for me. This guy just might be one of our best signings this summer.

You saw 30 minutes of him against Cesena in a friendly and you jump to the conclusion that he may be one of our best signings.

You need to chill out.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I have an insatiable tendency to extrapolate, Mr. M.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
You saw 30 minutes of him against Cesena in a friendly and you jump to the conclusion that he may be one of our best signings.

You need to chill out.

Other than one Zapata-esque brainfart, he did look good. Very comfortable on the ball and had a good passing range through their forwards to our midfield. But he doesn't look fast which is something our defence lacks without Theo (or Conti if he can recover defensively).

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Other than one Zapata-esque brainfart, he did look good. Very comfortable on the ball and had a good passing range through their forwards to our midfield. But he doesn't look fast which is something our defence lacks without Theo (or Conti if he can recover defensively).

But they (flamengo fans) said he is fast.. so whats the truth?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Primarily, I liked his confidence in coming out of defence as soon as he got the ball. Let's see him do that against pressing teams in Serie A.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

I'll save my opinion for Duarte until I see him play more than 30 minutes.

This game he looked comfortable on the ball, in an official game he may look like Bambi on the ball. Let's just wait please.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
But they (flamengo fans) said he is fast.. so whats the truth?

It was 30 minutes, maybe he still needs more fitness or wasn't going at full speed (for a friendly, wouldn't surprise me) but he didn't seem any faster than Roma or Musa. Wait til he gets minutes in the league and we can judge then.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Primarily, I liked his confidence in coming out of defence as soon as he got the ball. Let's see him do that against pressing teams in Serie A.

I liked his runs too, and he seemed at ease doing it. Thought that might be the reason we bought him?
I remember TS doing it often. It's probably more useful against defending teams, but it's still always nice option to have against anyone

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^Yes, TS was great at it. It was a beautiful sight to see him leave the defense.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Looked like the second coming of TS to me. If he can show composure he has the physicality to rule Serie A.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
My only expectation for him is to be better than Musacchio. That is all.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
He should start even when Musacchio is back

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
He should start even when Musacchio is back

This.. even when he doesn’t to fit in tactically he is still better than misacchio. At least he has pace

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
not only pace, he's strong too
and can cover space much better than Musacchio

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Good debut minus the first ten minutes, was quiet but did what he had to. Team played pretty poor so can't expect much more from him yet.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Very good start. I thought he was supposed to be a fodder who can't play football on professional level. But he already looks times better equipped for the role than moosacchio

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Love his composure. Need to see him against superior attackers or isolated to see how he handles himself but he seems to be what you want - drop him in the lineup and be perfectly calm that he will do his job.

Also he didnt make the big gaffe as many of our other CB's did on their introduction (thinking Acerbi, Ely, Sokratis)

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
From what i saw he was impressive. Pretty fast center back too. His positioning was what surprised me. I thought he was awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Love his composure. Need to see him against superior attackers or isolated to see how he handles himself but he seems to be what you want - drop him in the lineup and be perfectly calm that he will do his job.

Also he didnt make the big gaffe as many of our other CB's did on their introduction (thinking Acerbi, Ely, Sokratis)

he did get bullied and lost the ball inside our own box.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
One v one is good, spacial awareness needs work.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Looks like a decent modern CB, no glaring weaknesses so far. He is not a RB though.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Looks like a decent modern CB, no glaring weaknesses so far. He is not a RB though.

Give him time, he'll show them. Please don't over-hype :D

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho