The Rumour Commode XXVIII: Stai Calma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Italy needs a change in tax laws... let the players pay their own tax.

54m annual wage is where this squad is at... 94m is bs.

That's the dumbest idea ever! Players only care about the net money going into their pocket. If a club now pays 10 min gross salary now, they still will have to pay 10 min gross salary, whether they (the clubs) pay the tax or the players pay the tax.

Do you think a player getting 10 min gross salary (5 mil net salary) right now is going to accept a 5 mil gross salary (2.5 mil net) just because he's the one paying the tax and not the club??

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
My mistake, I thought I read about 18 teams in a Super League.

18 teams in Serie A is maybe not such a bad idea. Would be terror this year tho.

Zgontronoman

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Top 20 most expensive squads in the world according to CIES Football Observatory. Lucky 13 baby!!! So does our squad quality reflect the money we spent to build it??? :lol:

1. Manchester City - €1.014bn
2. Paris Saint-Germain - €913m
3. Real Madrid - €902m
4. Manchester United - €751m
5. Juventus - €719m
6. Barcelona - €697m
7. Liverpool - €639m
8. Chelsea - €561m
9. Atletico Madrid - €550m
10. Arsenal - €498m
11. Everton - €486m
12. Tottenham - €465m
13. AC Milan - €408m
14. Inter Milan - €364m
15. Bayern Munich - €352m
16. Monaco - €348m
17. Napoli - €325m
18. Borussia Dortmund - €321m
19. Leicester - €312m
20. Valencia - €266m

How the fuck is the MU team worth 750m...De Hea, Pogba and Rashford are good the rest a mediocre

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is that breaking news?

He's been rambling about this for years. I'm very opposed but fear it may be inevitable.

This is not the same as the ridiculous Super League idea.
It's actually not very different to how it used to be back in 2002-2003 season. Serie A had 18 teams. Champions League had two group stages / more games.
Bundesliga still has only 18 teams.

I wouldn't mind it, although I like or am used to judge points tally based on 38 rounds.

No way EPL would agree to it though. They have the least to gain and most to lose.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
That's the dumbest idea ever! Players only care about the net money going into their pocket. If a club now pays 10 min gross salary now, they still will have to pay 10 min gross salary, whether they (the clubs) pay the tax or the players pay the tax.

Do you think a player getting 10 min gross salary (5 mil net salary) right now is going to accept a 5 mil gross salary (2.5 mil net) just because he's the one paying the tax and not the club??

They do in England.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
+1 Andre Silva was the only move that I instinctively disliked.

The rest looked fab. Kessie & Conti were my favourite moves back then, thanks to their previous season. Quite similar to the Bennacer + Krunic moves this summer, except much more expensive because Mirabelli didnt care. Hopefully those two will turn out far better.

i had high hopes for Silva, as for all of them, the only one that has given me some sort of satisfaction is Kessié....Mirabelli was a farmer..

I'll also always hope for the best even if it's a move I don't like.
One can discuss and criticize the moves without wishing for the player, coach or tactics to fail.
No one has as little faith in Giampaolo as me, but I'll be as happy as anyone if he somehow succeeds here.
:thumbsup:
This is a forum for discussion, so we can all have our own opinions along the line of a Milan fan.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Ricardo rodriguez scored a nice out side the box goal :monto:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The only difference is how media reports it.

In Italy they list net annual salaries, in England their pre-tax weekly salaries.
Both pay taxes.

In Italy the clubs pay taxes for themselves and players... in Eng players pay their own tax.

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
This is not the same as the ridiculous Super League idea.
It's actually not very different to how it used to be back in 2002-2003 season. Serie A had 18 teams. Champions League had two group stages / more games.
Bundesliga still has only 18 teams.

I wouldn't mind it, although I like or am used to judge points tally based on 38 rounds.

No way EPL would agree to it though. They have the least to gain and most to lose.

EPL doesn't need to agree. They can just get rid of one of their useless cup competitions and that'll free up time for them to play more European fixtures. Don't they have 3 cup competitions?

Anyway, I love the idea. Hope it happens. Rather play more European gamaes rather then vs the likes of Cesena, Chievo, Empoli, etc. First, we gotta make it to these European competitons though. :D

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
EPL doesn't need to agree. They can just get rid of one of their useless cup competitions and that'll free up time for them to play more European fixtures. Don't they have 3 cup competitions?

The top clubs field the reserves in the league cup so it's not felt as much as games that would actually matter.

Why would LPool, Manure, Chelsea, City or Arsenal give up some league games for more UCL games?
The match-day stadium revenue from EPL games is almost as high as in UCL.
The EPL TV deal is too good for them to risk ruining.

There is very little to gain from them and much more to lose.

And contrary to popular belief, they are even more conservative and nationalistic than Italians when it comes to football.
That's why league cup still exist. That's why they still play matches on New Year's Day and don't take a mid-season break. That's why they can't air more than one game on Saturdays 16:00 CET.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
In Italy the clubs pay taxes for themselves and players... in Eng players pay their own tax.

I think he is saying that it works out to the "same" amount of money on the club. If the players are going to take on the tax burden then the club has to increase their wages to offset that.

I'm almost sure thats what Omer is saying.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If the players are going to take on the tax burden then the club has to increase their wages to offset that.

As a club, you tell them to go jump off a cliff.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How much wud Fabian Ruiz cost?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Not sure what your issue with this is.

All the money comes from the club, whether it's the player, his uncle, his accountant or another club employee that takes care of the taxes.

Clubs being involved in the tax payment is a good thing, and it happens in England as well. Chelsea even tried to set up an offshore company for Kante.
Players only care about the net salary so it's in the clubs' best interests to get involved and do everything to bring down the tax rate.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
The soccer experts at it again?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not sure what your issue with this is.

All the money comes from the club, whether it's the player, his uncle, his accountant or another club employee that takes care of the taxes.

Clubs being involved in the tax payment is a good thing, and it happens in England as well. Chelsea even tried to set up an offshore company for Kante.
Players only care about the net salary so it's in the clubs' best interests to get involved and do everything to bring down the tax rate.

54.7 figure I have no issue with at all... right number for this squad. My problem is with 94.1 figure.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Napoli will not sell him for this kind of money. I mean they value Allan at 100m.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
+ Cristiano Ronaldo

b3c503557f97930c2669b073cad1491d.jpg

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Jesus Christ

When video games are actually brought into real life discussions :lol: