The Cricket Thread

Who's the player of the decade?

• Total voters

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
That was fool's luck, Jammin, fooker tried to stop it... luckily his incompetence worked in his favour this time, flicked the fingers and went on to hit stumps.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wanted to complete the set.

Not happy with World 11... the undertaking is too much for me.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Its hard. So many greats.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Do we really need 2 spinners. Ive seen scorecards where a spinner has bowled over 100 overs in a match. It takes away a place, an all-rounder... theres only 1, right? Khan sahib it is!

Murli or Warne? Easy, Murli, yes? Yes.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shout out to Jonty-fucking-Rhodes.

Seen pictures of him covering one entire side of the field in sum matches.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jammin mate, I'll leave the World XI to you or any1 else interested... I'm struggling with it, already changed it 57 times.

I'll take the ISC one... dont give rat's who you put me up against... I'm winning with conviction.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
In which particular match did Sachin thrash your favorite team so hard that made you not include him in a world XI?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
In which particular match did Sachin thrash your favorite team so hard that made you not include him in a world XI?

Sachin is mourinho... if I'm playing against Bangladesh I'll let you place him at any number you want.

He has no heart, shits himself once he gets to 80, starts playing 1s and 2s. Know which fucker is cool? The guy on 194 with few overs to go and he decides to reach 200 with a 6. Didnt happen... jigra dekho uska!

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Sachin is mourinho... if I'm playing against Bangladesh I'll let you place him at any number you want.

He has no heart, shits himself once he gets to 80, starts playing 1s and 2s. Know which fucker is cool? The guy on 194 with few overs to go and he decides to reach 200 with a 6. Didnt happen... jigra dekho uska!
Mate, do you remember who was the bowler that dismissed Saeed Anwar on 194? And later went on to score the first ever 200 in an ODI?

OB-ZF778_isachi_H_20131010065920.jpg

Sachin is untouchable. Maradona if he lasted 25 years at the top, wasn't a dickhead and left the sport after achieving everything and with nothing left to prove.

Last edited:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Sehwag
Jayasuriya
Tendulkar
Kohli
Sanga
Dhoni (C) (WK)
Imran Khan
Wasim
Waqar
Murali
Whoever (I personally go for Afridi because of the entertainment)

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Australians are the biggest bastardos in cricket... and I mean the whole package, the skill, the bullying, the sledging, its all top billing. So, when Allan Boarder decrees that Javed Miandad is off-limits and here you are not even giving him a place in wot looks to be a ISC team... my friend, c'mon.

Also... I'm not sure here so I'm asking: Anwar's 194 & Sachin's 200, were these made when rules were the same? When did fielding restrictions, power plays come into play? I cud be wrong on this but it seems Anwar made his when there was balance... later on the sport moved to favour the batsmen. Like golf and Tiger... the fucker had a strong T-off so they started making courses longer.

Edit: Afridi & entertainment lol! Lol! Lol! Save yr Euro, you wont get much value for it.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
India almost got trashed by hung kung :fp: :lol:

I wasn't around but I bet this would be classified as famous last words for what followed in the rest of the tournament. Especially during derby de la Kashmir. :o

≠===================

India have burned the southern hemisphere.

My childhood dream was India trashing straya in straya in tests. Didn't think I would see it in my lifetime.

Feels nice fam.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

Comparing Anwar to Tendulkar is like comparing Benzama to Van Basten. U clowning.

Dude isn't even top 5 openers in subcontinent (Sachin, Jayasurya, Rohit Sharma, Sehwag, Ganguly. In that order) .

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
as an Aussie I am appalled by the way we played vs india. our batsmen were misfiring throughout the series. Who is that Mayank kid? he seems good. We have a potent bowling attack and I still believe it's the best in the world although India's fast bowlers especially bumrah was tremendous.
I think we would have atleast drawn with india had smith and warner played. They contribute alot to our batting setup and we are quite dysfunctional without them 2. We still got our butt kicked by s.africa.
honestly I think toss plays a huge role these days when you face top teams. india and s.africa both beat us 2 times each when they won the toss.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
as an Aussie I am appalled by the way we played vs india. our batsmen were misfiring throughout the series. Who is that Mayank kid? he seems good. We have a potent bowling attack and I still believe it's the best in the world although India's fast bowlers especially bumrah was tremendous.
I think we would have atleast drawn with india had smith and warner played. They contribute alot to our batting setup and we are quite dysfunctional without them 2. We still got our butt kicked by s.africa.
honestly I think toss plays a huge role these days when you face top teams. india and s.africa both beat us 2 times each when they won the toss.

Yeah the toss definitely does a play a role in the overall outcome.

It was clearly evident in England when India lost 4 tosses and then lost 4 very closely contested games. Just 30-50 runs between the teams.

Australian bowling was a total let down in the series. If starcs daily output in a test is 12/90 overs as a front line bowler then u are in trouble. Cummins was a beast. Best bat and bowl for straya.

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
yes cummins is world class. starc is very inconsistent. when he is on he is on fire. hazelwood is like mcgrath.
bumrah is probably the best bowler in the world at the moment though.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
quetta Watson's baccha. on patta pitches of pakistan.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
flat patta
pakistam deserve to be in semis.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think india lost to England on purpose lol. india is better than England. in saying that they got the selection wrong for that pitch.
pakistan can beat anyone on their day. cup would go to either Australia or india now.

fucking bumrah is good. that's the one guy I fear. our stupid middle order is useless. handscomb will struggle vs bumrah. Even smith found it hard.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SoG... wth is this? its 3mts long... you happy with this format?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
India and her record against Pakistan wud have meant a shoo-in to the final had they played their game with England in good faith... but they had to collaborate and conspire... lol! Lol! Lol!

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Fuck me, we are back to the dark ages. Colonial British days once again. :cry:

Overall tournament started slow, but got fun after the mid rain break and the pitches started misbehaving. Ridiculous final. That "6" in the last over was the most supernatural thing I've seen in sports.