Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
molto molto molto forza cavs + lebron

I don't know how they're going to stop gsw now that they have durant, but I hope that they do it.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
please Lebron. Please beat this bandwagon team

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Cavs should probably field more than 3 players if they want to win.

IRON MAN

FU R
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Maldini, Kaka, Seedorf, Pirlo, Baresi, Weah, Shevchenko, Nesta, Bilic, Jarni, Van Basten.
yes, but i already thought that after last years finals

coming back, from a 3-1..against best regular season team ever..

Tnx for showing me zhis tread. And LBJ is if not GOAT then most complete player in last 25 yrs I've been watching NBA. I would be so bold to say maybe the most complete player ever. And ppl today don't ever speak about Bulls team when comparing Jordan to LBJ. Bulls were the super teams (Air, Pipen, Grant, then Air,Pipen, Rodman, Kukoc, Harper...) in Jordans era. He was that X factor to get them to the next level, but they had great players arround him.

Another thing is that LBJ got to the finsls with Mo Williams, then that clown D West & such.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Cavs are not coming back and winning this. I predicted them to win last year but this year no. GSW has to much starting power.And Iron man back then there were a lot of really great teams. The Jazz had over sixty wins both series against Chicago and Seattle had 64 wins in theirs. Every championship team has great players.

IRON MAN

FU R
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Maldini, Kaka, Seedorf, Pirlo, Baresi, Weah, Shevchenko, Nesta, Bilic, Jarni, Van Basten.
Cavs are not coming back and winning this. I predicted them to win last year but this year no. GSW has to much starting power.And Iron man back then there were a lot of really great teams. The Jazz had over sixty wins both series against Chicago and Seattle had 64 wins in theirs. Every championship team has great players.

There was a lot of great teams, maybe more then today (every team had max 2 All star players) just I had a feeling that Jordans Bulls had a bit extra. They had more depth in their squad, 4 example Kukoc on the bench, or 20 pts ( before joining Bulls) Harper that had to be 4th or fifth choice in offense. That team was a power house. And the had mr. Air ofc.

As for Cavs... they in a dump right now but Irving could show up and then everything is open once more.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He will have to show up in a big way. I feel like KD is determined as hell to get his. I do not want either team to win a championship though lol. And yeah that bulls teams were so great. To win 6 championships in that decade with all those great teams is a great achievement. People need to give more credit to other players on championship teams. You can factor rings in a GOAT discussion when a player is the best on the court time and time again, but it is a team game.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Irving and Thompson will have to show up. Thompson at least has to get double-doubles and Irving has to stop turning over the ball and taking rushed shots.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Irving and Thompson will have to show up. Thompson at least has to get double-doubles and Irving has to stop turning over the ball and taking rushed shots.

I think Steph is outrebounding Thompson. That is a disgrace, that is where he is supposed to be dominating.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Steph is outrebounding Thompson. That is a disgrace, that is where he is supposed to be dominating.

Exactly. How you gonna let Stephanie outrebound you? :fp:

He also needs to play more aggressive (like Shumpert was doing against Durant).

IRON MAN

FU R
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He will have to show up in a big way. I feel like KD is determined as hell to get his. I do not want either team to win a championship though lol. And yeah that bulls teams were so great. To win 6 championships in that decade with all those great teams is a great achievement. People need to give more credit to other players on championship teams. You can factor rings in a GOAT discussion when a player is the best on the court time and time again, but it is a team game.

Agree, it's a team game and great players, GOAT's are a product of great team(mate)s.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Well, I predicted Cavs in 6 so everything is going to plan so far :D

So far the difference in squad skill is quite evident. Nobody expects Thompson to be like Draymond but there's gotta be more from him if they want to win.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
DBqdL8YUIAAx5p0.jpg

Ydt20C7.png

"Fultz will only workout for the Celtics"
https://twitter.com/Timi_093/status/872008603380711424

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
i said GSW in 6, but now I can see the cavs getting swept.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
celtics ready to stop GSW in 2-3 seasons?

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
things certainly look good for them going forward

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Things look interesting going forward in the east.

Boston, 76ers, and Bucks have a nice young core to build upon.

IRON MAN

FU R
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Things look interesting going forward in the east.

Boston, 76ers, and Bucks have a nice young core to build upon.

76ers have a great young squad, but those injuries... if they manage to keep healthy their big guys (Embiid, Okofur, Saric, Simmons) can get them to playoffs. But they still need a PG & SG

Last edited:

Schedule