Jose Mourinho Thread

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
KAKA' 22 said:
All of you are wrong, Mourinho is angry & will leave because his 'toy boy' Abramovich refused to make him handle the transfers and made the head scout be responsible for it...what was the result?

Letting Gallas + Huth go, and buying A Cole, Boulahrouz, Mikel & Kallou. And his 'toy boy' got him Ballack + Shevchenko.

And now his 'toy boy' refuses to let him buy anybody this january, remember he wasn't responsible for all the summer transfers, and he doesn't want him to fix it at January; yet he still wants him to win the EPL + the CL.
ok just gotta say sumthn abt this post
if you understand my point then reply if not then i guess you can just ignore it...

ok..if mourinho is half the coach he is made out to be...he would do great/fantastic with his team..he got some of the best players in europe (creme de la creme) best of the best and now he wants more??
i refuse to believe that mourinho didn't have a say in shevchenko's case or ballacks case.. :o if he didn't want them, he would've most probably said so or quit his job..so if he is a good coach and maybe one of the best in the world if not the best then he'll be fine with the team he got!! :D his toyboy can go and .....(you know) mourinho aint no shy bastard...especially since he calls himself "the special one" infront of the whole world..so i don't think his toyboy got soo much to say...yeah his toyboy does/did decide alot of transfers and he is the one with that bottomless wallet but still mourinho aint stupid (i think) and if he wants to leave..or he wants transfers..he should give a good & valid reason and he'll get it! if he thinks that he cant possibly win CL or EPL without a transfer...but he'll be just fine..and chelski just lost this one to manutd..accept it and take it like a man :rolleyes:

Mr C

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
crazymilangirl said:
ok just gotta say sumthn abt this post
if you understand my point then reply if not then i guess you can just ignore it...

ok..if mourinho is half the coach he is made out to be...he would do great/fantastic with his team..he got some of the best players in europe (creme de la creme) best of the best and now he wants more??
i refuse to believe that mourinho didn't have a say in shevchenko's case or ballacks case.. :o if he didn't want them, he would've most probably said so or quit his job..so if he is a good coach and maybe one of the best in the world if not the best then he'll be fine with the team he got!! :D his toyboy can go and .....(you know) mourinho aint no shy bastard...especially since he calls himself "the special one" infront of the whole world..so i don't think his toyboy got soo much to say...yeah his toyboy does/did decide alot of transfers and he is the one with that bottomless wallet but still mourinho aint stupid (i think) and if he wants to leave..or he wants transfers..he should give a good & valid reason and he'll get it! if he thinks that he cant possibly win CL or EPL without a transfer...but he'll be just fine..and chelski just lost this one to manutd..accept it and take it like a man :rolleyes:

I understand your point because it's the point i've been making.... He would have walked ages ago if he never had a say in their transfers....
I also like the way "toyboy" is catching along :D
Mourinho is a good coach, thats proven. But i think he is a little over rated and just in general a cry baby. The only thing i hope he does though is win the league AND THEN WALK OUT crying, because i'd rather them win it than the Mancs any day.

sheva007

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva, maldini, kaka, fabregas, crespo, tevez, messi, gattuso, nesta, kaladze, robben, van persie
as much as i hate to say this buy i think inter will get him. im hoping we get rickard he has a nice attacking aproach which is enjoyable to watch. cappelo is defence orienated a bit to much

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Mr C said:
I think Galliani needs to be respected, if he lives up to his word...
It's been a difficult time for Milan, with the points deduction and stuff.. He isn't forgetting what Carlo has done for them since he came, it's loyalty, and you can't buy that. One day Carlo will go past his sell buy date and that may be soon, but at least he isn't talking to other managers about the position while Carlo is still at the helm..

Well, some credit has to be due but one shouldn't mistake loyalty for lack of ambition + negligence to a prolonged problem. While I have a lot of respect for A. + had backed him in the past, probably change is what Milan needs. A new coach with fresh ideas + expectations will motivate players who won't be able to rely on past exploits for a starting place.

That said, with B&B&G's constantly intervening A.'s affairs, I doubt prospective coaches feel they'd be given the freedom + support to try their own ideas. This is why Mourinho coming here remains a fantasy even if he wasn't my first choice. That would be still be Lippi by miles simply because he installed self belief + concentration to an Italian side that had much more to think about.

Coming back to A., you have to admit he's much more of a gentleman than any top EPL coach (at the moment) could ever be. Never really dragged Sheva's goal against Barca + is constantly supporting his player + ready to take the blame.

PS. Just had to ask ... In Istanbul, do you think the penalty (for the equalizer) was the right decision? I was under the impression Gerrard (like Puyol :mad: ) went down quite like the sissy he is ... all due respect, of course :D

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
KAKA' 22 said:
Drogba, Essien, Carvalho, Robben, Paolo Ferreira are Mourinho's signings.

Only Makelele, Joe Cole & Geremi are from Ranieri's era.

Who needs to get his facts right? ;)
i'm talkin' about the core of the team my boy... like Lampard... Terry... Cech (all Ranieri's works)... not just some squad members... seein' how you decide to exclude them is a joke... since you needed to do so to prove i'm wrong...

read this to refresh your memory... http://www.sportingo.com/football/c...-premierships-most-wasteful-manager/1001,1473

wow... most of Mourinho's signings indeed failed him... which points back to my initial post...

zZ[-_-]Zz said:
so far the vast majority of Mourinho's signings have failed him (have left or benched)... the core of the team are all Ranieri's signings...

Last edited:

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Bit of interest...

Mourinho drops Shevchenko and declares war

· Chelsea manager provokes Abramovich showdown
· Back me with signings or sack me, he tells board

Duncan Castles
Saturday January 13, 2007
The Guardian

Jose Mourinho intends to drop Andriy Shevchenko from Chelsea's squad for the Premiership match with Wigan today in a direct challenge to Roman Abramovich to back him with new signings or sack him immediately.

Chelsea's manager has been prevented from recruiting the new striker he considers essential to the club's domestic and European campaigns and denied even minor funds to purchase a central defender to replace John Terry, whose return from back surgery is proving more problematic than expected.

Mourinho has also been infuriated by the club's attempt to dismiss Steve Clarke and replace his assistant with a Russian-speaking Israeli coach to help Shevchenko rediscover his form. Mourinho's response to the board was to request that rather than change his backroom staff, Chelsea's owner should tell Shevchenko "to do some work for once".

Abramovich's close friendship with his £30m summer signing appears set to cost Chelsea the services of the man who has won back-to-back titles in his two full seasons in England. Citing ineffective spending in previous transfer windows, the Russian and his advisers told Mourinho in a recent strategy meeting that under no circumstances would he be allowed to add a striker to the squad and instructed him to use Shevchenko properly.

Read more...

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
KAKA' 22 said:

Who needs to get his facts right? ;)

Robben was signed before Mourinho took over at Chelsky and is not his signing.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
KAKA' 22 said:
All of you are wrong, Mourinho is angry & will leave because his 'toy boy' Abramovich refused to make him handle the transfers and made the head scout be responsible for it...what was the result?

Letting Gallas + Huth go, and buying A Cole, Boulahrouz, Mikel & Kallou. And his 'toy boy' got him Ballack + Shevchenko.

And now his 'toy boy' refuses to let him buy anybody this january, remember he wasn't responsible for all the summer transfers, and he doesn't want him to fix it at January; yet he still wants him to win the EPL + the CL.

Well its his fault that he couldnt handle Gallas and Gallas didnt want to play for Chelsky anymore. Why should we blame Abrahamovic for Mourinho's poor man management skills?

Letting Huth go was a mistake? That guy was another crappy signing that sucked almost each time he played. So what if he doesnt get the transfer backing he needs in Jan? He already has such a big squad and his squad is already much better then most teams out there have and its up to him to use his management skills and bring out the best in the players he has but it looks like he is failing with his new big name players which include ashley cole, ballack and sheva.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
PS. Just had to ask ... In Istanbul, do you think the penalty (for the equalizer) was the right decision? I was under the impression Gerrard (like Puyol :mad: ) went down quite like the sissy he is ... all due respect, of course :D

Yupe it was a dive.

sheva007

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva, maldini, kaka, fabregas, crespo, tevez, messi, gattuso, nesta, kaladze, robben, van persie
censorthiis said:
Bit of interest...

Mourinho drops Shevchenko and declares war

Duncan Castles
Saturday January 13, 2007
The Guardian

Jose Mourinho intends to drop Andriy Shevchenko from Chelsea's squad for the Premiership match with Wigan today in a direct challenge to Roman Abramovich to back him with new signings or sack him immediately.

Chelsea's manager has been prevented from recruiting the new striker he considers essential to the club's domestic and European campaigns and denied even minor funds to purchase a central defender to replace John Terry, whose return from back surgery is proving more problematic than expected.

Mourinho has also been infuriated by the club's attempt to dismiss Steve Clarke and replace his assistant with a Russian-speaking Israeli coach to help Shevchenko rediscover his form. Mourinho's response to the board was to request that rather than change his backroom staff, Chelsea's owner should tell Shevchenko "to do some work for once".

Abramovich's close friendship with his £30m summer signing appears set to cost Chelsea the services of the man who has won back-to-back titles in his two full seasons in England. Citing ineffective spending in previous transfer windows, the Russian and his advisers told Mourinho in a recent strategy meeting that under no circumstances would he be allowed to add a striker to the squad and instructed him to use Shevchenko properly.

Read more...

i dont care how good of a coach he is he shuld be sacked on the spot for that. if i was the abrohomvic i would not hesitate i mean mourinho has a big mouth and showing publicly his dislike to the board. and sacrificeing sheva to prove a point is disgraceful. i have lost all respect for him that i had. i am without a doubt certain that mourinho is to blame for shevchenkos poor form and also ballacks in some turns. of course sheva is partly to blame but if u cant help a world class player play well and change the sqaud to suit a 30mil transfer then wot kind of manager are u??

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
censorthiis said:
Bit of interest...
sack the whiner...he is waay too spoiled..abramovic smiled to him once or twice and gave him what he wanted and now he thinks he can get whateva we wants?

he aint such a good coach either...seeing what others does for half of what mourinho's team costed.. :eek: :eek: is unbelieveable..

sack him and then see where he goes and what he does..i swear going to sum poor club will bring him back to earth..till recently he was on the ninth cloud or whateva

Mr C

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
Well, some credit has to be due but one shouldn't mistake loyalty for lack of ambition + negligence to a prolonged problem. While I have a lot of respect for A. + had backed him in the past, probably change is what Milan needs. A new coach with fresh ideas + expectations will motivate players who won't be able to rely on past exploits for a starting place.

That said, with B&B&G's constantly intervening A.'s affairs, I doubt prospective coaches feel they'd be given the freedom + support to try their own ideas. This is why Mourinho coming here remains a fantasy even if he wasn't my first choice. That would be still be Lippi by miles simply because he installed self belief + concentration to an Italian side that had much more to think about.

Coming back to A., you have to admit he's much more of a gentleman than any top EPL coach (at the moment) could ever be. Never really dragged Sheva's goal against Barca + is constantly supporting his player + ready to take the blame.

Yeah he dived, and i wont defend him, Rino made no contact with him, dunno why he dived, he was in on goal, might have just botled it at the last minute. I think the ref knew it was a dive, maybe he couldn't handle the pressure at the time, with Liverpool going at Milan from all angles in those six minutes maybe, the Kopites on his back and roaring... if he thought he had made contact(with the player, not the ball) he would have sent him off. We all know diving is common in football, and SG is no exception i'm afraid.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Mr C said:
Yeah he dived, and i wont defend him, Rino made no contact with him, dunno why he dived, he was in on goal, might have just botled it at the last minute. I think the ref knew it was a dive, maybe he couldn't handle the pressure at the time, with Liverpool going at Milan from all angles in those six minutes maybe, the Kopites on his back and roaring... if he thought he had made contact(with the player, not the ball) he would have sent him off. We all know diving is common in football, and SG is no exception i'm afraid.
And why does Morinho need 2 b in charge of the transfers policy when he have such great squad ?
He is a cry baby & just seeking excuse.

Yo , Kaka22 , how about a poll about if we think Morinho is underachieving or not ?

Mr C

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Wild said:
And why does Morinho need 2 b in charge of the transfers policy when he have such great squad ?
He is a cry baby & just seeking excuse.

Yo , Kaka22 , how about a poll about if we think Morinho is underachieving or not ?

Hows about a poll to see whether he is the special one or not ;) :tongue:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Well if he is the 1 then he cant b underachieving. :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
KAKA' 22 said:
All of you are wrong, Mourinho is angry & will leave because his 'toy boy' Abramovich refused to make him handle the transfers and made the head scout be responsible for it...
LOL... I totally forgot about ARNESEN.

He may have discovered Ruuuuud + Ronaldo, but his more recent exploits just show he's lost his touch. Seems there's a little power game going on + Arnesen with his lips glued to Abramovich's ass has managed to take charge of even the high-profile transfers. Arnesen just can't keep his nose out of the manager's affairs. At Spurs, he was undermining Santini, more or less made him leave + then immediately started to flirt with Chelsea. If Mourinho is smart, he bags a couple million compensation + leaves to gloat from the new villa in Italy (or Spain) about the unfolding drama @ Chelsea. AFAIK Abramovich's new pet coach Guus Hiddink + Arnesen used to be involved in big-ego power struggles @ PSV way back...

Ah... fun times ahead... maybe ;)

Last edited:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
menon_inc said:
Robben was signed before Mourinho took over at Chelsky and is not his signing.
you can even add Drogba to that list... he was approached before Mourinho came... and concluded only after... so technically Mourinho didn't buy him... rather had to inherit him since the transfer was (ongoin' or) done...

sheva007

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
LOL... I totally forgot about ARNESEN.

He may have discovered Ruuuuud + Ronaldo, but his more recent exploits just show he's lost his touch. Seems there's a little power game going on + Arnesen with his lips glued to Abramovich's ass has managed to take charge of even the high-profile transfers. Arnesen just can't keep his nose out of the manager's affairs. At Spurs, he was undermining Santini, more or less made him leave + then immediately started to flirt with Chelsea. If Mourinho is smart, he bags a couple million compensation + leaves to gloat from the new villa in Italy (or Spain) about the unfolding drama @ Chelsea. AFAIK Abramovich's new pet coach Guus Hiddink + Arnesen used to be involved in big-ego power struggles @ PSV way back...

Ah... fun times ahead... maybe ;)

mate he has done some decent signings this season obviously for the future. but wot r u gona do judge youngsters on a few mathes please. judge them in 2 3 years if they are a good signig. however if he is a one of those ppl who needs power then there is as problem. but i realy dont care as logn as sheva plays well n scores. with mourinho thre not going 2 happen

Rinogers

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino, Amoruso, Boyd
Anyone see Mourinho's post match interview after the game with Wigan today? :tongue:

Reporter: Any news on possible signings this January transfer window?

JM: Yes.... I will have a £50 million player by Monday.

Reporter, (really excited after thinking he's uncovered a real scoop) : Really!? Could you possably shed some light on who this player is?

JM: Yes.... It is Petr Cech, the best player in the world. He will be fit to play by Monday. (Then walks off laughing to himself).

:D LEGEND!

RATM

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
i'm talkin' about the core of the team my boy... like Lampard... Terry... Cech (all Ranieri's works)... not just some squad members... seein' how you decide to exclude them is a joke... since you needed to do so to prove i'm wrong...

read this to refresh your memory... http://www.sportingo.com/football/c...-premierships-most-wasteful-manager/1001,1473

wow... most of Mourinho's signings indeed failed him... which points back to my initial post...

You are absolutely correct.the bulk of the succesful and consistent players are ranieri's signings.So was Robben.

Jose's best signing are Drogba,Essien and Carvalho.Essien had his critics the first season and Drogba was a bit of an underachiever in his first 2.However,both are great performers but quite a few of Jose's signings have been wasteful.

He has supported Ballack but he needed to realize the role he was playing in.For most of his career,Ballack has played in the role of Lampard and in the EPL he is mostly invisible.That's what the Bayern management have said recently as well.They should look at signing a player that would fit into their system instead of just having a superstar signing.Look at Gerard and Lampard for England,they don't have a good partnership or connection between them and it's teh same with Lampard and BAllack.I could criticise Ballack but for someone who hardly gets the ball,it's hard for me to make a fair assesment of his game right now.

The bulk of the players that performed well and won Jose the first 2 league titles were Ranieri's signings.Then Jose was the second coming of Jesus Christ and now all of a sudden after 3 draws,it's bad-boy Abramvich.Plz gimme a break.

No one would have imagined at the start of this campaign,that one injury in central defence would force Jose to play Essien at the back.Did the 'special one' really believe that Terry and Carvalho would play the Carling Cup,FA Cup,CL and the Premier League without actually picking up an injury????

And yes,Sheva is not performing but creating goal-scoring chances or scoring goals hasn't been Chelsea's problem this season.It's been at the back.They have leaked in about as much goals by winter as they did the whole of last season.Against Aston Villa away was the only game in the Premiership in which they didn't score a goal (and even in that they missed 2 or 3 absolute sitters).

Another reason for panic is that Chelsea's aura is deflated.Last 2 seasons were strolls to the finish line while MU and Arsenal were dropping points to mid-table sides and havin trouble with their own shit to respond to Chelsea's emergence.It's different now,Chelsea are behind and fortuitous that it's only 6 points difference since they were lucky to win against Everton and Wigan if it wasn't for late goals.

Jose has only Man Utd and himself to blame for much of Chelsea's bump this season.

edika_kaka

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Steven Defour
my prediction at the future

Juande Ramos(sevilla manager) move to chelsea
quique flores(valencia manager) move to sevilla
carlo ancelotti(ac milan manager) move to valencia
jose mourinho(chelsea manager) move to ac milan
tony adam(portsmouth assistant manager) move to arsenal
arsene wenger retired..

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
@ zZ[-_-]Zz & all the other guys who say Ranieri's signings are the core of chealse's team:

Well, even if Ranieri is the one who signed all the performers in Chelsea's team, and Mourinho signed failures, still Ranieri failed to win anything with Chelsea with his signings, while Mourinho won the EPL twice in his first 2 seasons. Let's say Mourinho didn't sign any good player at all, still he won the EPL & at least when he was responsible for transfers he didn't sell his or Ranieri's good players. But when Arnsen as passion said stuck his lips to Abramovich's ass, what the fuck did he do? He sold players Mourinho depended on. If Mourinho had Gallas, Duff & Gudjohnsen this year, he wouldn't be 6 points away from Manchester United.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Wild said:

In a good forum that would be an awesome idea, but here we have biased opinions, I've tried it before and opened a poll about who's the best player in history, what did we get? Maldini winning; votes here are biased, I would have loved to have this poll, but nobody would vote for him except me & passion and maybe couple of other guys; If you want a poll make one about who likes Mourinho & who hates him :D

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
KAKA' 22 said:
@ zZ[-_-]Zz & all the other guys who say Ranieri's signings are the core of chealse's team:

Well, even if Ranieri is the one who signed all the performers in Chelsea's team, and Mourinho signed failures, still Ranieri failed to win anything with Chelsea with his signings, while Mourinho won the EPL twice in his first 2 seasons. Let's say Mourinho didn't sign any good player at all, still he won the EPL & at least when he was responsible for transfers he didn't sell his or Ranieri's good players. But when Arnsen as passion said stuck his lips to Abramovich's ass, what the fuck did he do? He sold players Mourinho depended on. If Mourinho had Gallas, Duff & Gudjohnsen this year, he wouldn't be 6 points away from Manchester United.

Once again you must remember that players like Duff, Gudjohnsen and Gallas didnt leave because roman wanted them out but because in duff and Gudjohnsens case they were not getting regular first team football and wanted to play more. As for Gallas, he couldnt stand Mourinho and wanted to leave. Its all down to Mourinho's poor man management skills.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^ If it was up to Mourinho, he wouldn't have let them go in the first place. Gudjohnsen would have been playing by now in Sheva's place, and I don't think he left to play more games, because he wouldn't have gotten those games If Eto'o didn't get injuried.

As for Duff's case, he couldn't have played more with the available players, but yet Mourinho wouldn't have let him go, and he would have been playing now If Ballack wasn't signed, considering now that Joe Cole + Robben are out injured, and Mourinho used to play with wingers before signing Ballack.

And about Gallas, Mourinho wouldn't have let him go even if he couldn't stand him, remember the Carvalho incident? Still Mourinho admitted he wanted him to stay, but Arnsen swapped him in the last day with A Cole.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA' 22 said:

the topic isn't about Ranieri not winnin'... but rather the foundation of Chelsea's current successful team was built by Ranieri... and not by your acclaimed Mourinho...

the discussion is about provin' that point... the others just backed me up...

let me refresh your short memory... it started with this...

-----
zZ[-_-]Zz
you clearly do not know your Chelsea team... so far the vast majority of Mourinho's signings have failed him (have left or benched)... the core of the team are all Ranieri's signings... please get your facts right first...

KAKA' 22

Who needs to get his facts right?
-----

so have you gotten your facts right? or are you still in denial?

=====

now to discuss the new topic...

Gudjohnsen was never in contention to play in his preferred role as a striker... the flops Crespo & Kezman were ahead of him despite their poor form... he was always behind them for a striker position & pushed deep into midfield where he didn't like & wasn't played regularly... similar to Gallas who was pushed out of his preferred position...

naturally both left & have been playin' in their preferred position... both are happy where they are now...

too bad for Mourinho about that... now that they are finally needed... Mourinho doesn't have them available because he was stubborn & unwillin' to let them play where they preferred... ultimately forcin' them out... and you are sayin' it is not his fault? had they both been played in their preferred position... they might still be around...

as for Gallas... had Chelsea kept their promise of a new contract at the start of the season... and not just throwin' one in at the last minute of desperation... he would have stayed...

and yeah... how about the insults thrown at him straight after he left? the own-goals and other bullshit?

Last edited:

RATM

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
menon_inc said:
Once again you must remember that players like Duff, Gudjohnsen and Gallas didnt leave because roman wanted them out but because in duff and Gudjohnsens case they were not getting regular first team football and wanted to play more. As for Gallas, he couldnt stand Mourinho and wanted to leave. Its all down to Mourinho's poor man management skills.

Exactly true.Gudjohnsen was not a first team player last season and duff didn't play that regularly.Gallas always complained of not playing in his favourite position and wanted out.This has got nothin to do with *Mourinho wouldn't have sold them*.All of those players wanted out and were unhappy either with not gettin regular football or their role at the club,all of which is down to the system which Mourinho incorporates to play.

This is not about Ranieri not winnin anything.Ofcoure Mourinho is a MUCH better manager than claudio who didn't have the strong personality to handle such a wealthy team.Chelsea wouldn't be nearly as successful if he was in charge.Ranieri's tactics or winning statistics are not the point here.It's about his dealings in the transfer market.

I mean,Jose is a great manager and all but it doesn't change the fact that the bulk of the squad's top players were Ranieri's signings and Jose's dealings in the transfer market have been more often wasteful than not.Check out the link that was provided earlier.

The desperation of some posters to hide the shortcomings of the 'special one' is pretty apparent for everyone to see.

Last edited:

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
After reading the link, which I only did now; Mourinho's signings all are considered a failure, except Drogba + Essien. But I've just realised something now, Can't it be because Abramovich got a tremendous amount of money supply for him? So he just buys whoever he wants with the price he does?

In his porto days, he formed a great team out of bargain's, because at that time he had a challenge to do, with Chelsea you've got the money, but whoever you want by the price you want to; which is making Abramovich lose his money, now they can't get somebody with a proper price, because the other team knows that if they want him, they can pay any price just to get him, then if he fails, he'll leave with a couple of millions.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What a load of crap by the usual crowd famous for their unwillingness or inability to transcend prejudice + acknowledge achievements :o

True, Mourinho inherited a whole bunch of players collected during Ranieri's shopping rampage 2003/04. Ranieri, cursed with 25 or so big ego players, tried to cater to each + every whim of his 'stars' + overrotated the squad in a futile attempt to keep everyone happy. Not only did he fail to keep everyone happy, he also + not surprisingly failed to transform the collection of egos + mercenaries into a TEAM. And here comes the near-genius Mourinho + does just that, he weeds out the whiners with their overinflated egos + sense of entitlement who were unwilling to accept their role + commit themselves to executing Mourinho's masterplan + instills enough team spirit + motivation into the hearts + minds of the remaining players to win 2 back-to-back championships. Is he flawless ? Course not + no one is denying he made some less fortunate signings, albeit half of them have turned out to be Arnesen's (deliberate ???) mistakes.