The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agree about the money aspect, doesn't really matter as long as the cash is high. It's pretty sad not seeing us in adidas kits tho, I would've thought that we would've made adidas a lot of money off especially the vintage stuff but maybe I'm living in the past

Asterix

Primavera
Reaction score
Audi left, now Adidas.

its hard to believe that Fassone got a better offer from Puma, NB or UA...

If Fassone was to get us a new kit for bigger deal, he wasgonna be the first one to show off the news!

Its just 2 much to believe that everything is going uphill...

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fuck em.... i said it a few months back how they were slipping with the milan designs over the last 6-7 years. Although it must be said they did a very good job with this years kit

Would loved to have seen Nike design our new sports apparel... their range is fuckin amazing compared to adidas. I love all that pro combat shit as well as the therma fit :love: The only thing adidas bought to the table in recent years was clima cool :lol:

not too keen on new balance.... under armour seem to be decent :thumbsup:

I'm sure F&M did this on purpose, Adidas deal was really cheap for a top club. Our new deal will be higher guaranteed no matter who it's with

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Audi and adidas are 2 huge brands I really hope we are replacing them with even more money, can't help but think this may be due to us losing appeal over the years. I think we need to get back in CL then hopefully we will have a lot more options

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You'd like to think Nike would be interested it would be a big club to take after losing Juve. The papers won't know shit

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
what about that?

makes it even harder to compare attackers. Yes they are more physically capable now, however defenders were much more ruthless back then and didn't get punished like they do today.

Players with injury problems in todays game, would've had to replace their legs completely back in the day

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Audi and adidas are 2 huge brands I really hope we are replacing them with even more money, can't help but think this may be due to us losing appeal over the years. I think we need to get back in CL then hopefully we will have a lot more options

We still got Nivea though, we good

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agree about the money aspect, doesn't really matter as long as the cash is high. It's pretty sad not seeing us in adidas kits tho, I would've thought that we would've made adidas a lot of money off especially the vintage stuff but maybe I'm living in the past

selling 500k+ kits every year for adidas(and maybe additional staff like scarves, baby uniforms etc) actually generate good income for them.

but its known that adidas are trying to focus on one top team at every league(thats why they left chelsea and focused only on man utd).

they decided to go for rube.i hope we ll bring a better deal and we ll be on the winning side once again

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
makes it even harder to compare attackers. Yes they are more physically capable now, however defenders were much more ruthless back then and didn't get punished like they do today.

Players with injury problems in todays game, would've had to replace their legs completely back in the day

did you even read what i wrote?

what are trying to say i dont get?you agree with my argument or not?

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
did you even read what i wrote?

what are trying to say i dont get?you agree with my argument or not?

it is just simply another reason why it is difficult to measure historic players with players of today.

I agree that it is an argument that will lead to nowhere, because there are many factors that you have to consider that are immeasurable . The physicality of the game, the shitty balls they used to use, different rules etc etc

lucashm

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think that i've read an article in Footyheadlines some time Ago, that Said that Adidas had reduced the amount paid yearly for Milan, due to Milan not selling enough shirts. If this is true, i would imagine that It hasn't improved and Adidas have probably decided to remove the sponsorship.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Nike, UA :thumbsup:

NB, Puma :thumbsdown:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Fassone on CL: “Having €40m extra would be positive though… That would allow us not to think about selling a player."

Just like I've been saying all along. If we fail to qualify for CL we'll be forced to sell a top player. No CL = -40m+ = Suso/Donnagonna.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
After some quick research it looks like Under Armour only produces kits for the following fodder clubs. No thanks :thumbsdown:

São Paulo FC
Fluminense FC
Aston Villa
Southampton
St. Pauli
AZ Alkmaar
Colo-Colo
Toluca
Cruz Azul
Queen's Park
Baltimore Bohemians
OKC Energy FC
Omiya Ardija

Meanwhile Adidas produces kits for most of the worlds top clubs i.e. Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Juventus. So instead of slating Adidas we should question why they pulled the plug on our 10 year deal early (expired 2023). Apparently they used a break clause which allowed them to leave in the event of a change of ownership. Obviously they didn't believe in our project and the results so far convinced them to pull the trigger.

Last edited:

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Audi left, now Adidas.

its hard to believe that Fassone got a better offer from Puma, NB or UA...

If Fassone was to get us a new kit for bigger deal, he wasgonna be the first one to show off the news!

Its just 2 much to believe that everything is going uphill...

Galliani sold the team bus and now you say Audi left. So the players just uber their way to training and games?

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
After some quick research it looks like Under Armour only produces kits for the following fodder clubs. No thanks :thumbsdown:

São Paulo FC
Fluminense FC
Aston Villa
Southampton
St. Pauli
AZ Alkmaar
Colo-Colo
Toluca
Cruz Azul
Queen's Park
Baltimore Bohemians
OKC Energy FC
Omiya Ardija

Meanwhile Adidas produces kits for most of the worlds top clubs i.e. Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Juventus. So instead of slating Adidas we should question why they pulled the plug on our 10 year deal early (expired 2023). Apparently they used a break clause which allowed them to leave in the event of a change of ownership. Obviously they didn't believe in our project and the results so far convinced them to pull the trigger.

:lol: yeahhh I'm sure they didn't believe in our project seeing that we did so well under B & G in the past how many years...

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I think that i've read an article in Footyheadlines some time Ago, that Said that Adidas had reduced the amount paid yearly for Milan, due to Milan not selling enough shirts. If this is true, i would imagine that It hasn't improved and Adidas have probably decided to remove the sponsorship.

We're not selling enough shirts because we haven't won anything in years and have no top players. Adidas were closely observing our summer mercato and decided to leave after F+M couldn't sign 1 big name player to sell shirts despite squandering 230m. Early results convinced them that we won't qualify for CL and would therefore be forced to sell our best players. Something which Fassone confirmed today.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
I want our kit to be lotto's again... is that possible?

Probably nike will offer a truck of moneyto milan tho.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
:lol: yeahhh I'm sure they didn't believe in our project seeing that we did so well under B & G in the past how many years...

:lol:

Actually they've sponsored us since 1998 so have experienced some of our greatest successes. They signed a 10 year extension in 2013, 2 years after we won the league and after last qualifying for the CL. However, they have several break clauses (including change of ownership) so decided to leave at the first opportunity. Face facts Adidas don't believe in our project just like countless others like Audi, Berlusconi, Raiola, Maldini, Shevchenko etc.

Last edited:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Fassone: “Next year we’ll insert another two or three players in the roles that [sporting director Massimiliano] Mirabelli and [Coach Vincenzo] Montella deem most appropriate.”

Unless he's talking about 2 or 3 top players he can forget about it. We won't be challenging for the Scudetto/CL by signing more Kessies/Contis whilst our competitors strengthen their winning squads further with CL money.

Last edited:

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fassone: “Next year we’ll insert another two or three players in the roles that [sporting director Massimiliano] Mirabelli and [Coach Vincenzo] Montella deem most appropriate.”

Unless he's talking about 2 or 3 top players he can forget about it. We won't be challenging for the Scudetto/CL by signing more Kessies/Contis whilst our competitors strengthen their winning squads further with CL money.

lets sign fossati!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Diadora has such classy designs.

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga

São Paulo FC
Fluminense FC
Aston Villa
Southampton
St. Pauli
AZ Alkmaar
Colo-Colo
Toluca
Cruz Azul
Queen's Park
Baltimore Bohemians
OKC Energy FC
Omiya Ardija

Why does that matter ?
If Under Armour pay more its good for Milan.Under Armours hear is far superipr to Adidas in quality.
The reason they pulled the plug is the same reason they agreed to end Chelseas deal mutually.They have Real Man Utd Bayern Juve they are cool with having the top team in a country.

If you think that the reason Adidas ended the contract without Milan is because they didnt nelieve in Milans project and the results convinced them ti end the deal then thats ridiculous.

We're not selling enough shirts because we haven't won anything in years and have no top players. Adidas were closely observing our summer mercato and decided to leave after F+M couldn't sign 1 big name player to sell shirts despite squandering 230m. Early results convinced them that we won't qualify for CL and would therefore be forced to sell our best players. Something which Fassone confirmed today.
You seriously cannot believe this.I mean really , I know you like to always bash Milan and love nothing more than to say "I told you so" and pat yourself on the back when things dont go swimmingly but this is incredibly ridiculous.Adidas had a board meeting and came to the conclusion that they dont believe in Milans project so they pulled the plug on the deal

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
My first choice would be Hummel

Sovilhelm

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Dinho, Ronaldo, Seedorf, Gattuso, T.Silva, Beckham, ZLATAN
back to lotto it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule