• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
You are genuinely thick

35m defender? Dude who hasnt played in a back 4? Has had little to no preseason with the club? Play him over Musacchio who has actually been decent and better than Romagnoli?

25m winger? Says fuckin who? Just because we value Bacca at 12m? A guy who refused to go anywhere else and also didnt wanna stay? A guy who is new to the league?

20m defender? You mean the guy we bought for cash + Lapa from a Genoa side who couldnt pay?

I fail to see where exactly you are getting your imaginary numbers from.

Let me break it down for your thick head.

- No one was willing to meet our asking price for Bacca. He only wanted Villarreal. It was either let him go them on a massive cut price or get Samu in return. There is no 'we could have gotten someone else' in this situation.

- Bonucci was hellbent on leaving and we wanted Higuain. We wanted Caldara but Juve wont sell him unless we valued him the same as Bonucci. Our hands were tied.

- Laxalt money was largely offset by Lapadula who Genoa were struggling to pony up the cash for. We had to fucking buy him because of what happened with Strinic.

Not surprised that a mercato fan like you only looks at basic numbers instead of the actual circumstances those transfers happened in.

Heck, I wont be surprised if you fail at transfers even in Football Manager.

Lol thicko let me give you the facts (warning: your pea sized brain might explode when confronted with reality) :lol:

1. Caldara - who cares if he had little pre-season with the club? He spent the majority of pre-season playing in a back 4 at Juve so it’s hardly new to him. Also, lmao if you think Musacchio has performed better than Romagnoli. Musacchio’s totally average and is demonstrating why he spent last season on the bench. Regardless, Musacchio started a few games early last season despite coming from a different league so there’s no reason a Serie A experienced defender like Caldara shouldn’t be given a shot. Especially since we’re leaking goals every game. Clearly the current setup isn’t working.

2. Samu - we paid 18m cash for him + Bacca (8m) = 26m. In other words, we spent close to 20m cash for an inexperienced, unproven winger from a foreign league who’ll most likely spend the season on the bench like Silva. How’s that a good move you complete imbecile? Haven’t we learnt anything from last season? Also, so what if Bacca refused to go elsewhere? At worst, we would’ve had a proven backup striker who averages a goal every other game in multiple leagues in case Higuain gets injured. Not exactly a bad option to have given we’re playing 3 comps. That’s surely better then giving him away for chump change (8m) and spending nearly 20m we don’t have on a risky bench player.

3. Laxalt - so let me get this straight, Genoa sold Perin for 12m, Izzo for 8m and handed Criscito a huge contract but can’t cough up for Lapadula? Yeah right you gullible clown :lol::fp: Regardless, by agreeing to take a third unnecessary LB we’re paying them nearly 20m instead of spending that money elsewhere. I guess we owe them and should bail them out given all the favours they did for :g: right? :lol: Btw, given RR strong start to the season Laxalt is destined to ride the bench just like Samu. 10/10 ‘remarkable’ mercato indeed:lol:

Last edited:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Objective = :lol::fp: etc

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Next to Gazidis will come an Italian manager, who will relate to the league and UEFA. The candidate seems to be Umberto Gandini. (Il Sole 24 Ore)

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Elliot's Milan comes with big fat high rank managements, excluding the Board of Directors.

That'd be very uncomfortable for any coach.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Next to Gazidis will come an Italian manager, who will relate to the league and UEFA. The candidate seems to be Umberto Gandini. (Il Sole 24 Ore)

About time, us sending Fassone to uefa was a joke.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
About time, us sending Fassone to uefa was a joke.

that was because the Chinese thought Fassone's experience as a referee might be helpful.

fassone-3.jpg

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
So gazidis is getting paid 1.4 million more than his counterpart at Juve who has won 7 titles in a row..and he is also now part owner

T-t-t-thanks Elliott

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
So gazidis is getting paid 1.4 million more than his counterpart at Juve who has won 7 titles in a row..and he is also now part owner

T-t-t-thanks Elliott

American money long

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne
While I am not pleased that we only have 4 points from 3 games... I think we are still heading in the right direction starting with management.

Let's give L&M and the executive team the winter mercato and a full summer mercato before we judge.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Will be much more at ease when MBS comes..wealth obtained from selling something from the earth..not grifting

Gazidis a tick on our back until he wins a trophy..does he even want to win a trophy?

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
hiring your pal and giving him the highest salary in the league, in addition to shares, so when you flip the devalued asset in a few years he also gets bought out as an owner??

that's a normal level of nepotism and chicanery...find a new slant

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
2d063a3c596bc44de1a387e705b8b8b2.jpg

Gazidis has nothing to do with match day and broadcasting. Look at the numbers arsenal make from those two.

I'm not sure why Gazidis doesn't have any impact on the match-day revenues, but let's say we remove that--the increase of the commercial revenue is really impressive.

If Milan doesn't have a stadium yet, and that broadcasting is not going to increase (since Serie A decided to shoot themselves in the foot) that means that the only area where Milan can increase its revenues is in the commercial side. Right?

I mean, if we start winning, everything goes up, but it's about increasing our commercial revenue--sponsorships etc--and it seems Gazidis really knows what to do.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not really sure how to evaluate a CEO who isn't managing the football-side of the team. I just hope he does well.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
hiring your pal and giving him the highest salary in the league, in addition to shares, so when you flip the devalued asset in a few years he also gets bought out as an owner??

that's a normal level of nepotism and chicanery...find a new slant

Lol how can you be anti-Gazidis yet pro-Gattuso? Gazidis has grown Arsenal's commercial revenues (his area of expertise) by 80m a year (142%) in 10 years. That's great given Arsenal haven't won a major trophy in 15 years. Meanwhile, Gattuso hasn't achieved anything as a coach and if we extrapolated his PPG last season we still would've finished 6th :lol:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Objectively
-Kojak opinion about our 3 milan games (napoli, roma, cagliari) and about Gattuso are correct.
-Ash opinion about mercato is correct.

Nope. He's talking rubbish as usual. Just because Bacca wanted Villareal badly doesn't mean we should bend over and grant his wishes whilst giving Villareal 18m in cash we don't have for a young, unproven, inexperienced winger destined to ride the bench (aka Andre Silva v2).

Also, just because Genoa preferred to give us Laxalt instead of paying for Lapadula doesn't mean we should accept it and give them 5m given we already have 2 LBs. Given Strinic's injury, we could've easily played Calabria LB or even Romagnoli if RR ever got injured. We should've taken the 20m cash spent on Laxalt and invested it in a quality creative mid like Pastore instead.

But coming from the mastermind who sold Locatelli cheaply yet kept Monty, Bertofodder and Mauri on the payroll for doing nothing I'm hardly surprised.

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lmao rino won scudetto 7 years ago :monto:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Me and everyone else here would prefer stagnant economic growth as a nationalized entity of the Saudi crown and just one big boy trophy than whatever numbers your pulling out L M A Ob

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nope. He's talking rubbish as usual. Just because Bacca wanted Villareal badly doesn't mean we should bend over and grant his wishes whilst giving Villareal 18m in cash we don't have for a young, unproven, inexperienced winger destined to ride the bench (aka Andre Silva v2).

Also, just because Genoa preferred to give us Laxalt instead of paying for Lapadula doesn't mean we should accept it and give them 5m given we already have 2 LBs. Given Strinic's injury, we could've easily played Calabria LB or even Romagnoli if RR ever got injured. We should've taken the 20m cash spent on Laxalt and invested it in a quality creative mid like Pastore instead.

But coming from the mastermind who sold Locatelli cheaply yet kept Monty, Bertofodder and Mauri on the payroll for doing nothing I'm hardly surprised.

I don't think I've ever seen this much objectiveness lumped together in one pile.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Me and everyone else here would prefer stagnant economic growth as a nationalized entity of the Saudi crown and just one big boy trophy than whatever numbers your pulling out L M A Ob

Luckily the no.1 activist hedge fund in the world and our owner agrees with me lolz.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol so did Dorf and Bibbo and look how that turned out. I said he's achieved nothing as a COACH which he hasn't.

What did you think of his promotion of Pisa?

His transformation of our team last year?

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Who do you think is gonna pay the singers a billion plus for milan in a few years??

Lmao

#mbs

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
A player's market value and demand are indicative of quality. Kessie + Hakan't have neither :lol:

So, because nobody asked for Messi, that means that he's shit.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
What did you think of his promotion of Pisa?

His transformation of our team last year?

He did a good job getting Pisa promoted but undid his good work when they were instantly relegated :lol: At least Bibbo managed to keep Venezia afloat in Serie B and even qualified for the playoff positions.

As for last season, the team played well in some games but were mediocre in others. Regardless, we finished 6th and had he been here the entire season we still would've ended up in the same position based on his PPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule