All About Music

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Drake(along with Kid Cudi to a certain extent) made the emo pop/rap genre huge.

He pretty much showed you can be overly, blatantly emotional and soppy and still be gigantic and make hits.

Kanye > Most people around now.

But on the topic of hip-hop.

Kanye, Drake and Kendrick are the top 3. Drake biggest popularity, Kanye best artist and Kendrick the best rapper.

Oh, and the new Drake is great. Might actually be his best project yet, tbh. Atm for me it's Take Care followed by SFG.

Drake might have made it huge but imo Childish Gambino has made it better. Gambino can actually sing in comparison to Drake. Idk if Kendrick is the best rapper since I honestly think he's corny lol I prefer J. Cole. His new album was really good, especially this song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRaFMlZ1YHA

Also this song is great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYdaQJzcAcw

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
J Cole is corny as all holy hell.

He does have some good songs and verses but he's just so dull and corny to me.

Section.80 and GKMC are both better than anything J.Cole has done. I do admit FNL and that other mixtape is good, but he's regressed since signing with Roc-Nation. He's just dull.

There's a reason he has a lot of people joking that he sends you to sleep.

I do like Childish Gambino, but he's even more corny. Stuff like Telegraph Ave. is great, though. Freaks and Geeks will always have a place for me.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Section.80 and GKMC are both better than anything J.Cole has done. I do admit FNL and that other mixtape is good, but he's regressed since signing with Roc-Nation. He's just dull.

I do like Childish Gambino, but he's even more corny. Stuff like Telegraph Ave. is great, though. Freaks and Geeks will always have a place for me.

Lmao I guess we have different tastes then :D
But I love Telegraph Ave. It's a song I put on for some chill drives around the city. Gambino just puts you in a chill mood. But I think the rap scene nowadays is too bland which is why I stick to my rock music.
Memphis May Fire, Dance Gavin Dance, and La Dispute ftw :o

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Drake(along with Kid Cudi to a certain extent) made the emo pop/rap genre huge.

He pretty much showed you can be overly, blatantly emotional and soppy and still be gigantic and make hits.

Kanye > Most people around now.

But on the topic of hip-hop.

Kanye, Drake and Kendrick are the top 3. Drake biggest popularity, Kanye best artist and Kendrick the best rapper.

Oh, and the new Drake is great. Might actually be his best project yet, tbh. Atm for me it's Take Care followed by SFG.

Tbh... Your take on drake is just the newer generation being exposed to hip hop meets 'emo' sorta RnB offshoot.

It's been done

Just like grunge was punk

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Go ahead and further your explanation.

Drake may not be forging completely new lanes, but he is one of the better pop artists around now and that's a certainty.

So Far Gone was the first proper 'mixtape sounded like an album' and we can have Drake responsible for that. His So Far Gone and subsequent signing were like Lebron joining Miami. Mixtapes did drop and did get artists noticed(A Kid Named Cudi, some of 50 Cent's if you qualify that as mixtape and not quasi-album) but Drake sent it into the stratosphere.

Take Care was the first huge "emo rap" success. 808s came before, but with Drake it set new boundaries and was accepted. To most 808s was seen as a flop or as bad quality(I disagree, it's incredibly influential and far better than most make out) but Take Care just hit home and ran away with it.

Now with this he's going even more experimental. More personal, more atmospheric and synthy beats. Just overall more impressive. His Kid A, if you will(not that it's anywhere near as good).

Without SFG(and post) Drake and MoTM Cudi, we wouldn't have Chance, Gambino, J Cole, ASAP Rocky and a lot of other artists doing what they're currently doing. Some released stuff before(even critically acclaimed stuff, like Cole did) but the two are just far too influential within the current confines of pop and hip hop music.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão

J Cole is not corny or boring at all. It's story telling music (like GKMC), which is too longwinded for some (G.O.M.D was touching that point, funny as shit). 2014 Forest Hills Drive was great.

Cole and Kendrick are very obviously the two best mainstream hip-hop artists rn.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Cole is so corny and dull.

Pretty much everyone agrees bar Cole fans.

Kanye > Kendrick > Drake > Cole in terms of best mainstream rappers atm.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Pretty much everyone agrees with your ranking bar the people who don't agree with your ranking.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players

in other news, i was sleeping on this
100% truth

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Nah.

It's a widely held criticism that Cole is boring and corny. The same as Nas being criticised for bad production and Eminem for being corny.

Drake is soppy and emotional, but he's better than Cole. Maybe not as a rapper(but it's closer than it seems) but as an overall artist.

Cole's just dull. Heard the mixtapes, liked them, Sideline Story was dull as all hell, didn't go back. Born Sinner was boring, dull. How people claimed it was better than Yeezus shocked me.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
His So Far Gone and subsequent signing were like Lebron joining Miami.

:lol: More like worst decision in music business of the decade. Later Macklemore(!) showed how it should've been done.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Nah.

It's a widely held criticism that Cole is boring and corny. The same as Nas being criticised for bad production and Eminem for being corny.

Drake is soppy and emotional, but he's better than Cole. Maybe not as a rapper(but it's closer than it seems) but as an overall artist.

Cole's just dull. Heard the mixtapes, liked them, Sideline Story was dull as all hell, didn't go back. Born Sinner was boring, dull. How people claimed it was better than Yeezus shocked me.

Nas, Eminem, and J Cole are some of peoples' favorite rappers in America. Especially Eminem. He's more respected than Kendrick, Kanye, and Drake since he doesn't make a fool of himself like Drake or Kanye. Anyways I'm going off topic here.

But I respect your opinion Kuja but we both know being the best mainstream artist in a specific genre doesn't mean much. Like people could say in the rock scene Guns N' Roses or System of a Down were the best in their time but their music really wasn't that great. Especially System of a Down. Their lyrics and overall sound was just bad :head:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
:lol: More like worst decision in music business of the decade. Later Macklemore(!) showed how it should've been done.

As in he shouldn't have joined who he joined?

Nas, Eminem, and J Cole are some of peoples' favorite rappers in America. Especially Eminem. He's more respected than Kendrick, Kanye, and Drake since he doesn't make a fool of himself like Drake or Kanye. Anyways I'm going off topic here.

But I respect your opinion Kuja but we both know being the best mainstream artist in a specific genre doesn't mean much. Like people could say in the rock scene Guns N' Roses or System of a Down were the best in their time but their music really wasn't that great. Especially System of a Down. Their lyrics and overall sound was just bad :head:

Don't take what I said as an attempt to slight them. I believe Nas is the best rapper ever, for example, but his production isn't great. Eminem is corny. Nobody should release a song like Fack for crying out loud. Eminem is a fool. He was incredible in his prime, but a lot of his stuff was unbridled pop-satire, cringey pop-satire..

Appetite for Destruction wasn't anywhere near bad.

Drake isn't bad. His production is very good, as a rapper he's comfortably above average. He has songs for the club and otherwise. He's insanely popular and critically acclaimed. He's no slouch.

Kanye is one of the best artists to come around for a loooong time. To have such a consistently great discography despite going a different way with each album is incredible.

Kendrick is just an insanely good rapper and his releases seem to have great consistency, let's hope he can keep it up.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

Don't take what I said as an attempt to slight them. I believe Nas is the best rapper ever, for example, but his production isn't great. Eminem is corny. Nobody should release a song like Fack for crying out loud. Eminem is a fool. He was incredible in his prime, but a lot of his stuff was unbridled pop-satire, cringey pop-satire..

Drake isn't bad. His production is very good, as a rapper he's comfortably above average. He has songs for the club and otherwise. He's insanely popular and critically acclaimed. He's no slouch.

Kanye is one of the best artists to come around for a loooong time. To have such a consistently great discography despite going a different way with each album is incredible.

Kendrick is just an insanely good rapper and his releases seem to have great consistency, let's hope he can keep it up.

yet you say Coldplay sucks while pretty much describing them here :lol:

funny how Kanyes best song is featuring Chris Martin, and funny how Chris Martin is the one who makes the song so good. :)

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
That isn't Kanye's best song.

And Kanye has a better discography, not that Coldplay's is bad.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

But I still don't think Drake should sing. He's more of a studio artist in that aspect where he can only pull off his singing in a studio than in a live performance. Don't get me wrong I like the Old Kanye as an artist (and I thought Yeezus was ok, though the misogyny is tough to listen to at times) but as a person he really is an idiot as shown and I can't stand him.

kanye1.gif

He said Becks needs to "Respect Artistry and Give Grammy Award to Beyonce." Like how much more of a douche can he be. :fp:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

tieso never fails
kshmr getting bigger

this summer may be the best summer i'll ever have

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
just sorted out a little vacation for next month.....also purchased a white bucket hat

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Someone somewhere said that 'drake can sing better... in the studio'

Raise your hands if you've stepped foot in a recording studio

Sings better... In a studio .. Calls them 'studio musician'

:lol:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
J cole is one of the most underrated raper. And Kendrick is just amazing. Can't believe he didn't win best rap album in last years grammys and he lost to frickin macklemore lool.

- also nicki minaj > drake

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Someone somewhere said that 'drake can sing better... in the studio'

Raise your hands if you've stepped foot in a recording studio

Sings better... In a studio .. Calls them 'studio musician'

:lol:

Now I know you're smarter than that General Cosplay :D
Ahem. Autotune. That is all.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
J cole is one of the most underrated raper. And Kendrick is just amazing. Can't believe he didn't win best rap album in last years grammys and he lost to frickin macklemore lool.

- also nicki minaj > drake

Nicki doesn't have any project nearly as good as SFG, Take Care, Nothing was the Same and Drake's latest.

J. cole is just boring. Doesn't grab my attention at all.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
J.Cole is a footballer fools. :o

Comparing Kanye West to Coldplay:fp:

AminAcid

Primavera
Reaction score

The title is appropriate for what we're going through.
The lyrics are just deep. This song always gives me goosebumps...

Last edited:

Schedule