View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 12:39   #15447
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
I'm not surprised at all that many of the players from that generation of Milan players have become managers (and very good ones!) and directors and even successful politicians (like Kaladze).

It was a very smart group of players and at the time Milan was a school... Ancelotti and the rest had learned the trade from Sacchi and Fabio Capello and they passed it on.

It's a bit of a shame that we couldn't make a smooth transition to another generation like we did from the 90's to the 00's now.
The 4 ex-players we used as manager had a lot of trouble who were not only their own, the ownership changed twice and will probably change again in a few years and you all know what was up.

Anyway I don't particularly care a lot about Milan being filled with ex-players. Though it's always nice have someone Maldini in a key role to rebuild the club. And I'm pretty sure more ex-players will join the next few years not because they used to play in Milan but because a lot of them are doing damn good work elsewhere.
That's one of the things I miss the most - that squad was not only talented but very intellectual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
I think Rino will turn out to be one of Italy's finest, he has all the tools. We good now but I'm really gutted it didn't work out; could have just stuck w Rino and got him a Lozano for his 433 along with two more quality players. Not that either have done that great for Napoli so far.

But man I love this mans post and pre-match conferences. His honesty, charisma combined with the bluntness makes him one of the best to listen to already.
Rino is my favorite player and I hated to see him go, but considering how we're playing now under Pioli, I don't regret this course of action one bit.

Signature
"We came to wreck everything, and ruin your life. God sent us."

Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote