How do you like it?

How do you rate the forums compared to the old version?

• Better

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Same

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Worse

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well,
What do you think of the new design and the functionality of the new forums?

Any complaints? :)

Cheers,
David

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
Man, it's miles better. Good work young man!!!!

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
good job, there is one thing though, where is the link to show the new posts?

edit: ah nevermind i found it, the new look confuses me a bit, too much white around, needs darker a bit hehehe...

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
It looks good and I like the banner the most. But the words are too big. And where are the little red devils, crying faces?

1 more thing: where are my stars and title under my name?

Last edited:

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The stars are gone.

I'm thinking of new user titles and I'll be adding them quite soon.
Smilies are all there: :devilsmo::devilfir::devilton::devilpop::star:

What words are too big?

Last edited:

Boban

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
yeah looks good mate

much easier and fast too post now :D because we got fast reply :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hm, looks a bit like any board now.. a bit interchangeable. I really liked the former 'antiquated' layout because there weren't many of that kind around anymore.

Whoever said there's too much white in this one is right ;)

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
David fulfilled the promise.Of course the new script is much better.

Congrats David!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good thing: the IGNORE list :beer:

I strongly encourage all those who find my posts hard to tolerate to make ample use of it. It's there for a purpose, guys, don't hesitate :tongue:

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
To say the truth this new design will get time to get used to for me. I really liked the old one and saw nothing wrong with it. I have no doubts that I will get used to this one as soon as I find out all the little changes.

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The statuses have changed now haven't they.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Congrats to David and everyone else on the new layout! Everything changes eventually and I think it was about time that we go for something new and more powerful ... I've gone through lots of new options while browsing and I'm extremely glad that we finally have those options on our board as well ... VBulletin definitly contains a variety of options which give the user much more entertaiment as a member in the forums, it's absolutely better than PHPbb! Well done David!

Some design notes:
I personally prefer the horizontal red bars which seperate the posts inside threads more than the red ones on the index page ... Those on the index page seem a bit flashy and the red should be a bit darker for Milan, and yes there seems to be more white than black like people suggested above ... The border above the members' signatures seems a bit plain as well, I kinda prefered the line of red squares in our old layout!
I also expected some more smilies now that we have more options, perhaps the list can get longer :tongue:

Errors:
I keep getting this error whenever I'm trying to post this message;
"You have included too many images in your signature or in your previous post. Please go back and correct the problem and then continue again."
So I had to delete some smilies in order to post :conf:

Mysteries:
How did I retrieve all my PMs ever since I joined the forum and which I had deleted before? :eek: By the way, I love all the huge space provided for PMs!

Time to stop being fussy ---> Other than all above I believe the progress is enormous, congrats once again :D

:proud:

FORZA MILAN!!!
FORZA THE RED&BLACK FORUM!!!

Last edited:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Wow .. well done David , it was time for changes .. this is more complicated but we will get used .. Thanks alot David ..

P.S I am starting to miss the old one heheh

KingSheva

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ye it is pretty smooth and sharp, but i prefered the black and red layout before, i feel the white background could get a bit annoying and sore on the eyes after a while. Would there be any chance of changing the background colours? Like maybe adding a few colour schemes to suit everyone? It's just a suggestion.

Also where are the smilies lol :p , i liked how before everything was on the left handside column. Now i can't find anything. :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kyara wrote:

Mysteries:
How did I retrieve all my PMs ever since I joined the forum and which I had deleted before?

---------

Well, not all the deleted ones have resurfaced here but those that did + some random others have (re)appeared twice. Yea, and how come deleted stuff shows up again ? ;)

Some more comments:

Admittedly I'm a creature of habit + never like parting ways with sth I had grown a liking to which explains my initial scepticism. It took a while to figure out the changes + all added functionality too, much of it I won't use (+ not only cos retirement is looming) but it's never wrong to offer choices. The only remaining beef is the colouring, a little less white... PLEASE :D

Question: How do I change font size in my signature ? Don't tell me I can't :D

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Passion for *9* said:
Kyara wrote:

Mysteries:
How did I retrieve all my PMs ever since I joined the forum and which I had deleted before?
---------

Well, not all the deleted ones have resurfaced here but those that did + some random others have (re)appeared twice. Yea, and how come deleted stuff shows up again ? ;)

Some more comments:

Admittedly I'm a creature of habit + never like parting ways with sth I had grown a liking to which explains my initial scepticism. It took a while to figure out the changes + all added functionality too, much of it I won't use (+ not only cos retirement is looming) but it's never wrong to offer choices. The only remaining beef is the colouring, a little less white... PLEASE :D

I haven't found anything to do about font sizes even in the VBcode detailed explanation (FAQ), there are instructions on how to change the font, color, etc, and non about the size! But I think the size option can be added though :tongue:

And one more thing David, when clicking the "Currently active users" button, the last column titled "instant messaging" is empty although I believe there should be links to PM the users in the boxes, right? :D

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kyara said:
Errors:
I keep getting this error whenever I'm trying to post this message;
"You have included too many images in your signature or in your previous post. Please go back and correct the problem and then continue again."
So I had to delete some smilies in order to post :conf:

Mysteries:
How did I retrieve all my PMs ever since I joined the forum and which I had deleted before? :eek: By the way, I love all the huge space provided for PMs!

Time to stop being fussy ---> Other than all above I believe the progress is enormous, congrats once again :D

:proud:

FORZA MILAN!!!
FORZA THE RED&BLACK FORUM!!!
The errors:
Should be fixed now. I thought it only applied to images.

The mistery:
Well, it's a mistery alright. :D Situations like this happen when you convert a forum script to another quite different forum script so we'll just have to live with it. Yep, PM boxes are larger, esp. for Moderators. :)

KingSheva said:
i feel the white background could get a bit annoying and sore on the eyes after a while.
Actually I think it's proven that the white background is much more comforting for the eyes than the black background. Nevertheless, I could increase the black margins a bit if that's what the popular demand wants. :)

About the smilies: SIMPLE! When posting a message there's a black & white smilie above the form. If you click on it a menu will appear with some of the smilies and a list to all the smilies.
Or:
http://forum.acmilan-online.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0
Or, you could just use the smiliebox on the right when posting, which I've enabled just about now. :)

Passion for *9* said:
You can't. :D It's because some members have this problem about putting in some huge fonts in the signature. I guess you'd like to make it smaller? Sigs text will probably get smaller by default, as it is less important than the actual post.

Kyara said:
And one more thing David, when clicking the "Currently active users" button, the last column titled "instant messaging" is empty although I believe there should be links to PM the users in the boxes, right? :D
That's because PMs have been turned off for all members during the conversion. PLEASE, all of you, check your User CP and turn PMs on. Once that'll happen the PM buttons will reappear.

Here's the user titles I'm thinking of adding. They're based on the usual youth ranks of Italian teams. If someone sees a language error then please notify me of it:

Pulcino
Esordiente
Giovanissimo Sperimentale
Giovanissimo Regionale
Giovanissimo Professionista
Allievo Sperimentale
Allievo Regionale
Allievo Nazionale
Berretta
Primavera Player

and from here on, I'm open to suggestions. :) After "Primavera Player", I was thinking of:

Bench Warmer
In Squad Rotation
First Eleven
Milan Captain
Milan Legend
Dead From Posting :D

but as I said, other suggestions are welcomed. :)

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm afraid not. :)

And if you find it slower than the previous one, check your internet connection. It's just as fast for me. [you could also disable images, sigs, and avatars from your CP, by the way ;)]

I've added a new profile field. Go to:
http://forum.acmilan-online.com/profile.php?do=editoptions
and there's a field named "Fav. Players" where you could list your favorite players. They'll appear with each post under your username.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Re: User titles/ranks

Hm, I thought the old ones were OK. But if you absolutely insist on the new stuff, how about RETIRED before DEAD FROM POSTING ? ;)

And who wants to start out as a little flea ???? :D

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Flea? :) Had no idea it meant that.

I'll be adding the old ones for now. If anyone else has got better suggestions on user titles, then don't hesitate to post them.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Another question:

An error occurred when attempting to log you out. Click here...

...appears every time I log out.

What's the error ?

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... maybe you've got problems with cookies? I log out just fine and I made two other artificial user accounts to check things out and they also log out just fine.

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hey David I am getting used to this new design and I think it looks pretty cool now, there's many advantages now, good work mate ;)

KingSheva

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Hmmm I'm really having problems with this new layout :( , maybe it's my browser or something, but i can't find the options to "quote", use smilies, change font, add images etc etc...

I don't mean to appear or sound stupid (ye,ye i know i am) but where am i going wrong lol :D , any help for this scottish idiot would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The quote options are at the bottom of each posts.

To be able to change fonts, smilies, etc. in your posts - go to: "user CP" >>> Edit Options >>> Thread Display Options

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Don't mean to bitch but: ----------[signature]----------
Why the "[signature]"??

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why not? :)

That'll be changed to something fancier though. ;)

KingSheva

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
mad4milan said:
The quote options are at the bottom of each posts.

To be able to change fonts, smilies, etc. in your posts - go to: "user CP" >>> Edit Options >>> Thread Display Options

There is someone out there who cares afterall!!

Hahah :jump:

Many thanks mad4milan, it was driving me crazy.