All About Movies

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso

that is gonna be AWESOME!!!

seems like a movie that scorsese can put on a little of his old school signature and an opportunity for di caprio to act more loose

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
we were sick since we returned from vacation (better than being sick while on vacation i suppose) so we have been huddled up in the house watching movies the past 10 days...

with the little one we watched...
toy story 1 - great
toy story 2 - super great
toy story 3 - i actually teared up during this movie
the incredibles - awesome...i could watch this movie every day
despicable me - had its funny moments
wall-e - great

we also watched a lot of pixar short films...and they are mostly awesome. off the top of my head some of the best are...
la luna - really sweet
jack jack attack - hilarious
one man band
day&night

i've also watched the imposter - this was a documentary and it blew me away. a must see

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
I really loved the movie About Time. Saw it yesterday.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
The Hobbit 2 was worth it just for Cumberbatch as Smaug. Brilliant.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
watched my left foot last night

good movie :thumbsup:

i kept counting up the children in the family and at one point i counted 12. according to biography.com, christy brown was the 10th child out of 22

22 :eek:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
La vie d'Adèle is pretty good (english title is Blue is the warmest color or something, much better than the original title).
Very well done movie. Deserved the awards.

Rotti

Milan Icon
Reaction score
The Jacket is good for those of you who enjoy Shutter Island- esque mindfuck :thumbsup:

For those of you who enjoy crying; About Time.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
American hustle is overrated. Everything in that flicks been done before total scorsese ripoff. Great acting tho

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Really was,i couldnt get into the book so i decided to watch it,glad i did

Can't believe I read this. For anyone interested I recommend the book 1million times over the film. Visually, life of pi is nice but the book has infinitely more depth

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
Can't believe I read this. For anyone interested I recommend the book 1million times over the film. Visually, life of pi is nice but the book has infinitely more depth

Usually books are vs movies. But idk,i prefer books to movies but (not saying it was terrible) but i simply could not get into the book,stopped 1/4 of the way.

On a different side note, gravity was a pretty decent movie, solid 7.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Gravity is overrated

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, K.Honda, Mugen, PRINCE, Ibra, Balotelli, Niang
Usually books are vs movies. But idk,i prefer books to movies but (not saying it was terrible) but i simply could not get into the book,stopped 1/4 of the way.

On a different side note, gravity was a pretty decent movie, solid 7.

:thumbsup: saw it twice at the cinema, didn't regret at all. Great visualization on top of the effects. Might have done better if they used lesser known cast but still solid performance.

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery

dude, the book will always win versus the movie. no matter what. we know that.

just enjoy the movie.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
watched primer last night. what an infinite load of bullcrap. the premise was good, but i've never watched another movie so poorly executed. a complicated story like that should have been told way better and slower. i literally had to spend 30mins on youtube videos after watching that crap to understand where my 1h 20mins of life went.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i can't even believe netflix bothered to send pacific rim

what a waste of postage

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen nymphomaniac?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Why in the world did Ender's game fail at the box office? Good movie:thumbsup:

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Man of steel should be named man of shit, what a load of crap. This movie has the worst pacing ever, there`s literally no build up to the story, just a bunch of cgi scenes thrown together.

Hope Thor 2 wont disappoint.

I give it a solid 6.5. The story DID feel rushed,i wont lie,but its among one of the better super hero movies.

Sure beats avengers. Avengers is nothing but fighting,no story,no story,no build up. Actors werent on par compared to their individual films not to mention the script is just :fp:

watched man of steel...i didn't think it was that bad. i kept thinking back to the original superman movie with christopher reeve and comparing the story

i actually liked that man of steel spent more time showing the world on krypton

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
any more good french movies, anyone?

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. Very nice story about a guy who is paralyzed all over his body except one eye.

Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life. At first I managed to chew ~30 minutes of it and wasn't optimistic. Second time I added odd 15 minutes thinking I would probably end up deleting it. But for some reason gave it a third try and fell into it. Watched it until the end and ended up looking the first minutes again. I guess it was because in the end the director says[possible spoiler/possible info of how to subject the movie]: "I love Gainsbourg too much to return him to life. I prefer his inventions to the truth" and I was expecting semi-documentary type piece. The movie has a similar romance for insanity as "Fear and Loathing" and maybe too inconsistent like "Where the Buffalo Roam". The breakpoint for me was also when the familiar music career started. Not sure if I'd recommend this to MB, but surely would bring it up in artistic circles. (Gainsbourg in a Lincoln on the beach with a gun ... so comical :lol:)

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Gainsbourg movie is awesome ..really good

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Wolf of Wall Street :star:

But fuckin' watched it in the UAE :fp:

More than 45 minutes of the movie is cut due to censorship to appease the 15 year olds :fp:

seriously...like wtf? Half the time I had to guess wtf was going on because how badly the chopping was done :fp:

Went home and luckily found a DVD screener :star:

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Ever wondered how they did the opening text in Star Wars :D

132148.jpg

Reaction score
I watched Gravity last night ... and wow man..i haven't been both terrified and amazed by a movie in such a long time. The last movie, that probably had the same effect on me, was Jurassic Park. This movie kept me on the edge of my seat throughout its intense moments. At the same time, i was wowed by its stunning visuals, which looked truly spectacular to behold. This film will be remembered for a long time, that's for sure.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wolf of Wall Street :star:

But fuckin' watched it in the UAE :fp:

More than 45 minutes of the movie is cut due to censorship to appease the 15 year olds :fp:

seriously...like wtf? Half the time I had to guess wtf was going on because how badly the chopping was done :fp:

Went home and luckily found a DVD screener :star:

:thumbsup:

Incredible film, didn't expect it to be as funny as it was. Makes me want to take up drugs and prostitutes

If you're easily offended/disgusted don't bother watching it, though.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
You mean you're not doing drugs and prostitutes now?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Just watched it. Good movie, nothing more than that IMO. Probably an hour too long as well. meh...

Leo's not gonna get an oscar for this one either.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Arachnophobia is so effective at making you feel like there are spiders on you.

A very well made thrilomedy.

Schedule