Italian Football Thread III

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Inter made some impressive moves this season. From Godin to Eriksen. But they crashed out of their cl group for the second time on a row. They haven’t won anything in ages. Is Sunning a bottomless well or is Marotta a conniving genius ?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Inter made some impressive moves this season. From Godin to Eriksen. But they crashed out of their cl group for the second time on a row. They haven’t won anything in ages. Is Sunning a bottomless well or is Marotta a conniving genius ?
Marotta is evil if he is not on your side

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i wouldn't judge Gasp based on his Inter spell. Inter were a complete mess those days, a club which didn't know what they were doing. Hiring Gasp was a big mistake (similar to Milan hiring Giampaolo) as Inter were neither used to playing that way nor did we have the players for it. To make a coaching change like that successful, you need a lot of patience and investment. Inter had neither. Inter did not sign any of the players Gasp requested, and Moratti sacked him after 3 league games! So I would give Gasp a pass for his short stint at Inter, he is the last person I blame for that mess.

And for very similar reasons, hiring Gasperini would be a mistake for Milan now.

Last edited:

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score

A CL group with Dortmund, Barcelona and Prague... No shame to end 3th there as the first two could make it to the semi finals.
And Conte, the first good coach they have in years is just here since 6 months, so don't really know what you're talking about. At least they are spending and show ambition to get back to the top. What are we doing? Trying to get some unproven schoolboys left and right for a way too high price. It's not a project, like they want to make us believe, it's called being greedy.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
A CL group with Dortmund, Barcelona and Prague... No shame to end 3th there as the first two could make it to the semi finals.

And Conte, the first good coach they have in years is just here since 6 months, so don't really know what you're talking about. At least they are spending and show ambition to get back to the top. What are we doing? Trying to get some unproven schoolboys left and right for a way too high price. It's not a project, like they want to make us believe, it's called being greedy.

Relax buddy im praising them, don’t get so defensive. And they handed Conte the checkbook, a lot of pressure comes with that. They lost the decisive group game to a Barca B team at SS. And they risk going 3rd to a Lazio that spent nothing this year.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Ciccio Caputo destroying Roma

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Handanovic out today due to finger problem, may also miss derby. If we have a shot at winning, it's not having to face Handanovic miracle saves and Lautaro being suspended.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
If Inter had someone other than Handanovic in the same time-frame, we'd have won quite a few derbies.

Also, we can now all bask in the glow of Victor Moses

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If Inter had someone other than Handanovic in the same time-frame, we'd have won quite a few derbies.

Also, we can now all bask in the glow of Victor Moses

Handa will be a big miss, just like Martinez, but for Inter the best news is that Brozovic might be back to full fitness. Bro is key to the way Inter play, as was evident by the difference in our play once he came on tonight.

However with the injuries/suspension at Inter, its a level playing field now. I think this may be a very even derby after a long time. Should be fun.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Handa will be a big miss, just like Martinez, but for Inter the best news is that Brozovic might be back to full fitness. Bro is key to the way Inter play, as was evident by the difference in our play once he came on tonight.

However with the injuries/suspension at Inter, its a level playing field now. I think this may be a very even derby after a long time. Should be fun.

I'm just glad we have Bennacer back, else you could line up your primavera team and we'd be overrun :D

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wow Gaston, what a massive cunt. Starting a fight with a teammate/Gabbiadini over a handball. Glad it was disallowed.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Wow Gaston, what a massive cunt. Starting a fight with a teammate/Gabbiadini over a handball. Glad it was disallowed.

I'm challenging you to write a(nother, I don't know:) masters degree with RnB in mind, Goodfella. The thesis should be centered around something Neo said yesterday; "the revival of AC Milan AKA the hardest job in football Europe".

What is the three(to five) year plan that does the following things:

1) Salvage our position vs UEFA
2) Hire a proper manager
3) Deliver 4 strong mercatos in row
4) Wins league
5) Wins CL

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Gattuso’s resilience is starting to get reflected in Napoli. Earlier in the season, they’d have crumbled in a match like that.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I'm challenging you to write a(nother, I don't know:) masters degree with RnB in mind, Goodfella. The thesis should be centered around something Neo said yesterday; "the revival of AC Milan AKA the hardest job in football Europe".

2) Hire a proper manager
4) Wins league
5) Wins CL

I'm 99% sure the main conclusion of that thesis would be to atleast try to be consistently rational for once.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

2) Hire a proper manager
4) Wins league
5) Wins CL

:lol: Thesis? Fuck that. I like to keep things short.

Milan needs stable ownership first and foremost. That's up to Elliot / new owners.
And then an assertive, demanding and pragmatical coach who doesn't underestimate the importance of work-rate, quick transitions and wing-play. I'll wait and see how this season evolves because we shouldn't change more things than necessarily, but from the looks of things Pioli should be replaced by Spalletti if he's available and affordable. Spalletti is flawed, but he has shown reasons to believe he can get a broken machine in motion.
Give players longer contracts and lower salaries, like they've been doing so far. Renew the Donnas on the same wages or sell them(well, Gigio) now while you can if they reject it or try to postpone the negotiations any further. Take advantage of the new Italian tax laws for foreigners. I'd keep Massara for Spalletti, who respects him a lot and I think they both should have a huge say on the type of players to go for because they seem to have good judgment.
Get rid of charity cases like Serginho and Ba in the scouting department.
Don't reject bids for in-form players just because they're in-form. If there's a great offer for a player who is a starter but not a pillar or deemed not difficult to replace, then sell and reinvest.

A few years of CL participation should make the club grow in all aspects. Broadcasting, match-day and commercial revenues would all go up, top players and coaches would become affordable and reachable again. Then with some luck and continuity we'll maybe become serious contenders for the big trophies.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Roma:lol:

Fonseca starting a Veretout-Cristante double pivot once again.:lol:

Commoders wanting to replace Pioli with Fonseca or someone like him.:lol:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
We were not worthy of Lord Borinho

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Borini AND Pazzo! That was almost like Milan beating Juventus for me.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Fuck Ronaldo and Juve.
Delighted for Borini.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Beautiful celebrations for both goals.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Borini....the only role(utility player) where I felt we downgraded this winter(Salemakers).:cry:

:l::l::l::l:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Wtf juve. I have seen them play once this season. It was against Inter and they were amaziing. 4 months later and they losing to verona

They really want inter merda to win the league?? naah we can’t risk that!
Hope we beat them today

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Wtf juve. I have seen them play once this season. It was against Inter and they were amaziing. 4 months later and they losing to verona

Hope we beat them today

I'd prefer to see Inter win it over Juve AGAIN

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
La Repubblica speculating Sarri could be sacked and Allegri brought back :lol:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

Hope we beat them today

It's really lame to see someone pretend to be juve fan when their entire motivation is hating on Conte and blowing off Sarri.

This tune would be completely opposite if the two teams exchanged coaches.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Lazio should win the Scudetto !

Schedule