Who will win the EPL title this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Gervinho, what a player, hes been the best player out there so far.

Too bad Arsenal dont have players to slip him or RVP through, really missing a Cesc out there tonight.

Arshavin is trying his best but thats not his best quality and Rosicky is slowing down everything for them :fp:

Hoping for goals in the second half :thumbsup:

RVP's been in good positions a couple of times, but he really didn't look sharp. Hoping for an Arsenal win

Btw, really liked Sessegnon for Sunderland earlier. The guys got excellent technique

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

That's not saying much, to be honest. He has been decent - but they need far more than this to be in a serious title-hunt.

RvP will score. But Newcastle might also.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
Obertan on for Newcastle...

another United reject in the premiership :proud:

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
This. He is literally the last player there you could consider world class. Rest are either too young (Walcott, Wilshere) or just not good enough.

More than that, he is their only proper goalscorer. Rest of their options (Chamakh etc) are plain shit

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
you know how with certain teams (man utd, chelsea when on form, mourinho teams etc) when a team goes in 0-0 you just expect a goal to eventually come.

I feel opposite way with arsenal. The team lacks character until proven otherwise, IMO. I could be wrong but I think they will be in for some hard times this year with or without cesc/nasri.

Gervinho has been good though. Surprisingly good to me.

Nah, I watched him last year too, he will get better than this. He has the speed and dribbling ability to take on players with ease.

He will be one of the key players for them this season.

They will face hard times but it depends who they sign from here on. First mission is to get past Udinese and attract at least a few players. They look good in defense today but in the creative department they are lacking.

Players like RVP, Gervinho and Wilshere can carry this team forward but they will still be a cut below the top 3 imo. They will tussle with Pool for 4rth.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nah, I watched him last year too, he will get better than this. He has the speed and dribbling ability to take on players with ease.

He will be one of the key players for them this season.

They will face hard times but it depends who they sign from here on. First mission is to get past Udinese and attract at least a few players. They look good in defense today but in the creative department they are lacking.

Players like RVP, Gervinho and Wilshere can carry this team forward but they will still be a cut below the top 3 imo. They will tussle with Pool for 4rth.
They could end up finishing as low as 6th, quite easily.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

that's what im thinking even if cesc stays. He's a little overrated to be honest (still a class player) but honestly, he doesn't give a fuck, and it's obvious. That's what matters.

Just sell him and sign someone who is actually capable of leading

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
that's what im thinking even if cesc stays. He's a little overrated to be honest (still a class player) but honestly, he doesn't give a fuck, and it's obvious. That's what matters.

Just sell him and sign someone who is actually capable of leading

inb4kalac

bolton_blackburn6_359x470.jpg

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Too bad Arsenal dont have players to slip him or RVP through, really missing a Cesc out there tonight.

Arshavin is trying his best but thats not his best quality and Rosicky is slowing down everything for them :fp:

Hoping for goals in the second half :thumbsup:

I think he's a bit frustrating tbh. He beats his man all the time, but his final ball is always poor

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ROFL

Joey Barton, haha

That's the biggest dick move I've ever seen. What a hypocrite :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
LOL JOEY BARTON!

God, if there is a hell, he's definitely going there

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Joey Barton continuing to be a legend.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I love Joey Barton

:proud:

Can we sign him on a special contract? You know, for games against Merda? :D

p.s. - Gervinho did deserve to get sent off (even tho Barton did too)

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
How Barton stayed on the pitch there was beyond me.

I think he's a bit frustrating tbh. He beats his man all the time, but his final ball is always poor

Yes, i've noticed that in this game.

In France, when he was playing for Lille, he used to get in behind his opponent with ease and would have more time. Here he didnt get that today and probably wont get that but its an area which he can improve and must if he is to be successful. He was unfortunate to get in that silly tussle but he will come good for them.

Could happen, if Liverpool play well and a team like Spurs/AV/Everton play really well then anything is possible.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
Glad Barton wasn't sent off though since Song should have been sent off but wasn't. Balanced out in the end. Sort of.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
BTW, USC will find this interesting but it's not surprising adam and downing were signed. Liverpool are owned by Boston Celtics/Red Sox owners. They are two franches known for being very statistically advanced. They have analytic departments, coming up with new ways to statistically analyze players. I know they've been looking into it with football both Adam and Downing, as unspectacular as they may be, create ALOT of chances.

Don't think they haven't started employing it with football too. Add a transfer guru like comolli, it's all about balance.

I hate the Red Sox more than any sporting franchise in the world. Actually, I hate the entire city of Boston and Theo Epstein is an enormous tool. I am a bigger baseball fan than football fan, so this hatred is quite deep.

I hope all of them just simultaneously explode; I now hate Liverpool because of John Henry.

But alas, they do use SABR and sabermetrics, which have been overlooked far too much in every sport.

Joey Barton is the biggest tool in the premiership. How he hasn't been absolutely destroyed yet is beyond me. I want to see City vs. Newcastle this year and Barton make a late tackle on Craig Bellamy and see what happens. I imagine Bellamy will take off his spike and ram it through Barton's jugular.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
welp usc, i'm an oakland a's fan. Grew up it coliseum. Epstein is a tool. Wannabe billy beane. Give beane half his payroll and we win it all.

I assume you're a phils fan? I fucking hate the giants (and live in SF)

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
I love Joey Barton

:proud:

Can we sign him on a special contract? You know, for games against Merda? :D

p.s. - Gervinho did deserve to get sent off (even tho Barton did too)

how? he did JACK SHIT are you blind :fp::fp:

gervinho btw = VERY VERY GOOD singing for arsenal, he has fucking light feet. he reminds me of weah in the way that he runs. he can go 2 meters up and noone can catch him, his feet are just amazingly light. barton is a criminal on the other hand and capello has him spot on

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
how? he did JACK SHIT are you blind :fp::fp:

gervinho btw = VERY VERY GOOD singing for arsenal, he has fucking light feet. he reminds me of weah in the way that he runs. he can go 2 meters up and noone can catch him, his feet are just amazingly light. barton is a criminal on the other hand and capello has him spot on

Can you spell S-A-R-C-A-S-M?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Liverpool and Arsenal both proved today that they are not good enough for the top 3. But that was known already. It will be a very tight no.4 contest between the two. Or maybe Spurs could complicate it.

Charlie Adam had a good first half, but was terrible in the second. Carroll and Suarez are NOT forwards to be played together. I still have no idea why Dalglish sacrificed the superb combination they (accidentally) came up with, when Carroll was injured last season. They were playing some very neat football then. They either need to pick Carroll as the focal point and play an EPL-style 4-4-2, or they need to play around Suarez in a 4-3-3.

As for Arsenal, rather hopeless. Gervinho has the talent, but not enough to replace Nasri IMO. RvP remains their only hope, but even he needs good service.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I'm not sure Suarez and Carroll can't play together. I think a 2 striker system suits suarez and caroll. You all make it sound like Caroll is just a heading pole, he's actually decent link up player, has room for improvement.

I think of the 3-0 win over city where they both played well. It's going to take some time/adjustment.

Let's be fair, how many games have they really played? No real preseasons or training camps either..

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm not sure Suarez and Carroll can't play together. I think a 2 striker system suits suarez and caroll. You all make it sound like Caroll is just a heading pole, he's actually decent link up player, has room for improvement.

I think of the 3-0 win over city where they both played well. It's going to take some time/adjustment.

Let's be fair, how many games have they really played? No real preseasons or training camps either..

They "could" develop a good partnership, of course. But from what I've seen so far, I doubt it. I know that my sample is small.

Actually, it has less to do with the two of them and more to do with English playing styles. They are treating Carroll like a heading pole, thereby rendering Suarez pointless. If the system is good, they can probably combine well.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
They "could" develop a good partnership, of course. But from what I've seen so far, I doubt it. I know that my sample is small.

Actually, it has less to do with the two of them and more to do with English playing styles. They are treating Carroll like a heading pole, thereby rendering Suarez pointless. If the system is good, they can probably combine well.

i'm still not sure how much of this is down to Caroll being basically injured and not training majority of his time with liverpool. He's not a fully developed player yet eitheR (where as suarez is) so it'll take him longer to fit.

I see what you're saying but if they use Caroll to lead line and give Suarez the free role around him it could work.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score

Spot on .First half, everytime Adam got the ball ,lumped it onto Carrol/space in front of Carrol ........I think a 4-3-3 could suit both best

-------------AC------------
-Whiner/Kuyt------------Downing:cool:-

---Adam/Aquil/Hend-----------Meireles/SG---
----------Lucas---------------

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Carrol just looks awful technically. Everything looks awkward and a challenge. 35 million for a young John Carew.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
again, FUCK ROBERTO MARTINEZ!

I hope united, chelsea and city play really well in the final 3 games :fp:

Status
Not open for further replies.