Who will win the EPL title this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
4-3-1-2? Must. use. 3. dm's

or maybe a 4-2-3-1

but yes, i don't see aguero not starting as soon as he's deemed 90 minutes hit.

Oh yeah, just ment they played 4-4-2 after De Jong went out.

Guess they'll play 4-2-3-1, since they played that most of last season, and Agüero isn't really that much different from Tevez.

I think they'll probably end up dropping Dzeko, but who knows? He's been very good in the beginning of the season. Maybe they'll play Agüero wide, although that'd be a shame imo.

Edit: Holy shit Agüero, so good

Agüero + Silva = Technical gods

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
Aguero :eek: Beautiful goal.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
what a goal kun :o:o:o

Oh yeah, just ment they played 4-4-2 after De Jong went out.

Guess they'll play 4-2-3-1, since they played that most of last season, and Agüero isn't really that much different from Tevez.

I think they'll probably end up dropping Dzeko, but who knows? He's been very good in the beginning of the season. Maybe they'll play Agüero wide, although that'd be a shame imo.

yeah it'd a waste to use kun wide. Problem is, it's kind of a waste to use silva wide too, wanna give him a free role. So i think end of day maybe it'll be a 4-4-2 but silva will have freedom to go central and float. They got roster to use a nice 4-3-1-2

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Damn.... haven't seen the goals but Kun seems impressive already...

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Roberto-Mancini1.jpg

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
What a goal by Kun :eek::eek:

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
I've never had a favourite EPL team but I think I want City to do well this year. Silva behind Aguero and Dzeko/Balo is just lovely.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
what a goal kun :o:o:o

yeah it'd a waste to use kun wide. Problem is, it's kind of a waste to use silva wide too, wanna give him a free role. So i think end of day maybe it'll be a 4-4-2 but silva will have freedom to go central and float. They got roster to use a nice 4-3-1-2

Agreed, they've got the perfect roster to play 4-3-1-2. Dzeko and Agüero seems to complement each other very well, and Silva is amazing in the middle. Problem is it's just not very English, no one plays without wide players in England, even Carlo eventually abandoned it. It kinda does make sense, since 4-3-1-2 normally is particularly volunarable from the wings (3 players covering the entire width instead of 4-5), and alot of teams in England focus alot on attacking from the wings.

Still, their strikers are so much better than their wingers that it really is a shame. Don't get me wrong, I really like Johnson, and can appreciate Milner, but the raw talent in Balotelli and Dzeko to a degree should really be used.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Agreed, they've got the perfect roster to play 4-3-1-2. Dzeko and Agüero seems to complement each other very well, and Silva is amazing in the middle. Problem is it's just not very English, no one plays without wide players in England, even Carlo eventually abandoned it. It kinda does make sense, since 4-3-1-2 normally is particularly volunarable from the wings (3 players covering the entire width instead of 4-5), and alot of teams in England focus alot on attacking from the wings.

Still, their strikers are so much better than their wingers that it really is a shame. Don't get me wrong, I really like Johnson, and can appreciate Milner, but the raw talent in Balotelli and Dzeko to a degree should really be used.

yeah

maybe they'll adapt it to ucl though? All their players in attack who'd suit the 4-3-1-2 have continental exerience bar barry.

--Aguero--Balo/Dzeko
---------Silva
Barry--DeJogn--yaya
Defense

would not have a problem adjusting to this look for ucl. Tevez stays and partners with Aguero... even better

@ MilanPalermo- nasri simply cannot play a CM role.... at best you use him infont of 2 dms

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
yeah

maybe they'll adapt it to ucl though? All their players in attack who'd suit the 4-3-1-2 have continental exerience bar barry.

--Aguero--Balo/Dzeko
---------Silva
Barry--DeJogn--yaya
Defense

would not have a problem adjusting to this look for ucl. Tevez stays and partners with Aguero... even better

@ MilanPalermo- nasri simply cannot play a CM role.... at best you use him infont of 2 dms

Milner should replace Barry really. He's just good ol' box to box.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Milner should replace Barry really. He's just good ol' box to box.

but barry can pass the ball side to side at an un-gloriously slow pace

italian managers love that sort of stuff

But on the serious, i think mancini likes giving yaya the freedom to go forward, which works with barry who is more likely to sit at home (read: be lazy) than milner. Don't know if it really matters but again, idea of 2 cm's not staying deep scares italians.

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
It will probably continue to be the same line up as today with Aguero replacing Johnson.

Mancio will have a headache is Tevez stays in the end.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
My money is on Dzeko lining up behind Aguero. They love their 4-2-3-1 and don't seem likely to change it, no matter what happens.

Frankly, I think the United 4-2-2-2 would work brilliantly for them, as well as in the EPL, and ensure them being a competitive squad. As mentioned, the EPL is a very wide league, with the need for defensive fullbacks significantly increased.

While £35M is a lot, for a player with Aguero's abilities and work rate, they might have underpaid.

If I was running City, I think a 4-3-1-2 is probably their best formation.

Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Clichy
Milner Barry Toure
Silva
Aguero Dzeko​

They can reasonably sell a lot of their forwards and beef up their midfield, which I still think is problematic.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Why no De Jong?

I think he is a better backup than starter, given what they have. Under my scenario, as their manager, I would sell off my forwards and bring in some depth at midfield as complete players. Since they run a 4-2-3-1, most of their midfielders are holding midfielders.

Under a 4-3-1-2, the following big name players become expendable: Adebayor, Adam Johnson, Shaun Wright Phillips, Cockroach Tevez, maybe Vladmir Weiss.

They could sell those guys and bring in two or three complete midfielders to run that system.

Even now, they have a glut of players that probably need to go. The players who won't get playing time will probably divide the dressing room.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But Nigel's lovely. :cry:

Barry only seems more complete because he lacks all attributes to an equal degree.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
wow Aguero :eek:

Ageuro >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> suarez :o

But Nigel's lovely. :cry:

Barry only seems more complete because he lacks all attributes to an equal degree.

I agree, de jong should always start for city.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I think he is a better backup than starter, given what they have. Under my scenario, as their manager, I would sell off my forwards and bring in some depth at midfield as complete players. Since they run a 4-2-3-1, most of their midfielders are holding midfielders.

Under a 4-3-1-2, the following big name players become expendable: Adebayor, Adam Johnson, Shaun Wright Phillips, Cockroach Tevez, maybe Vladmir Weiss.

They could sell those guys and bring in two or three complete midfielders to run that system.

Even now, they have a glut of players that probably need to go. The players who won't get playing time will probably divide the dressing room.

Let's hope De Jong's a sub, bitches about it and in the process pisses of City's management. Come next season, we bid for him and he will be Van Bommel's replacement

:D

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree, de jong should always start for city.

I'd love to see them ditch the filler and just play De Jong and Yaya against a lot of teams. Like Emerson and Vieira at Juventus - if you've got colossal players who can take on insane amounts of responsibility, make the best of it rather than restricting them.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd love to see them ditch the filler and just play De Jong and Yaya against a lot of teams. Like Emerson and Vieira at Juventus - if you've got colossal players who can cover insane amounts of ground, make the best of it rather than restricting them.

yep

De Jong Toure

Johnson Silva Aguero

Dzeko

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I really don't like Barry as a player, too meh..

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I'd love to see them ditch the filler and just play De Jong and Yaya against a lot of teams. Like Emerson and Vieira at Juventus - if you've got colossal players who can take on insane amounts of responsibility, make the best of it rather than restricting them.

I really think mancini might be worlds biggest control freak of a coach. Its like he won't let his players ever make a decision of their own for better and worse

And no de jong cannot play mvb's position. He can't even for the dutch nt. He's always next to some sort of passing anchored play ala mascerano or gattuso. Still great at what he does though

Last edited:

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
History does tell us that Milan should avoid being home to a strong Dutch contingent.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really think mancini might be worlds biggest control freak of a coach. Its like he won't let his players ever make a decision of their own for better and worse

And no de jong cannot play mvb's position. He can't even for the dutch nt. He's always next to some sort of passing anchored play ala mascerano or gattuso. Still great at what he does though

If I was a City fan, I would probably side with Mancini. As a neutral, I just want to see De Jong being hyperactive and Toure being unreasonably giant.

I agree on the second part. He does end up playing more ball at City though, because (you'll never guess who I'm about to criticise) Barry doesn't take the ball off the defence enough.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Silva and toure were underrated, dont know about now because EPL commentators are doing their job

They are solid players in any team Yayas creativity and beastly power is still untapped :D

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I love yaya toure, easily one of my fav. players.

Status
Not open for further replies.