Milan's Transferseason round-up

What do you make of our transfer campaign so far?

• Total voters

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
i dont agree, but i would like to have a player like guti who provides nice passes and can play in pirlo and kaka's position if need be

Maldini&Inzaghi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta
^ I hear Guti is an excellent tapper and cross dresser also. I would be furious if we picked up Guti. There is more talent than Guti out there. Please don't mention this again. I am feeling sick.

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
Is this the write area to post this thread in :conf: It doesnt really have anything to do with transfers. There are weak spots in every team. In ours I would say the obvious age, but there is also strengths of our weakness, which is experience nobody can match our experience. Our veterans aren't just old players they are living legends.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This should be moved into Discussions. We don't need yet another thread preaching to the choir about our weaknesses; there's a zillion related threads already.

And anyone who includes Ba as part of a "strong squad" is mental.

Last edited:

bobanito

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If anything, i think the worst weak spot we showed last season was our Gattuso dependency, the period when he was injured was our worst. Even during the away leg for the semifinal against Manchester it was evident how we lost control on the game after his injury; going from a 1-2 to a 3-2.

Reaction score
thats why I said dont crusify me guys, I know the squad, I agree with most of ur arguements! but I'm sorry If I dont agree that bonera can carry on the Italian legacy, and I really think in the final the whole squad should be at it best form, it cannot be that two of our top players disappear in that match, I love maldini I really adore him, but as it is said it is best to stop at your peak, and he already passed that, Nesta, Kaka, Gattuso and Ronaldo I think they are the best players in the world(Pirlo and Seedorf also) ! But another addition to those would never hurt! I really think Jankolovsky doesn't fit, thats the main problem.
Again, I am AC Milan fan forever, but you cannot be a fan unless you always want your team to get better and stay the best team in the world, but you cannot say it is great like this dont do anything nor say that there is no player which can be changed with a better one! I respect the legends, but we should not count only on them!
P.S:1- I haven't really seen Bonera in action therefore I was wrong saying we need a fresh CB!
2- It is for the transfer forum because I am discussing possible transfers for my chosen "weak spots".
So wouldn't you like to see a player like Cicinho in our squad? A player like Diego? Or Di Rossi?
so let me rephrase my question like this, Which position do you think needs refreshment and name some players. THANKS and SORRY

atza|milanist

AC Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini forever, PIRLO, Kaka, Shevchenko, Seedorf, Nesta
BMWTaylor said:
This should be moved into Discussions. We don't need yet another thread preaching to the choir about our weaknesses; there's a zillion related threads already.

And anyone who includes Ba as part of a "strong squad" is mental.

Sorry,my error. Without Ba.

sSaleeMm said:
So wouldn't you like to see a player like Cicinho in our squad? A player like Diego? Or Di Rossi?
so let me rephrase my question like this, Which position do you think needs refreshment and name some players.

Yes,Cicinho will be good investment,but I don`t believe we will buy him,or other good players. It`s question for our board,which is very slow.
We need young CB,and another wing back,like Jankulovski but better.

Last edited:

Maldini&Inzaghi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta
Cicinho would be good I beleive! Young and not that bad. Not a great just yet but could be. He still has much to learn.

paijo17

BAyond Godlike
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini.. Kaka.. Pirlo.. Gattuso.. Ibou.. Zizou.. Collymore etc. haha..
Zaccardo or Barzagli will be good addition:D:D

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko
paijo17 said:
Zaccardo or Barzagli will be good addition:D:D

I would also be happy with Mexes :D
Kala to the left :D

Oddo-------Nesta-------Mexes--------Kaladze

Not bad :D

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
Kakà_&_Gourcuff said:

not bad at all. I think next year after Maldini retires we will probably end up going after Barzagli.

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
Milanista10 said:
not bad at all. I think next year after Maldini retires we will probably end up going after Barzagli.
i agree here. it looks that he will be main target for the next season

will

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Iniesta.
i sure are management knows what they are doin and they might think that we have got a strong enough squad after all we did win the ucl

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
Latest: Milan close in on Emerson, with Milan within the 15th, and go after Di Natale!!! [corriere dello sport]

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milanissimo said:
i agree here. it looks that he will be main target for the next season

That would be good aswell

paijo17

BAyond Godlike
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kakà_&_Gourcuff said:

Yeah...agree with you
Mexes will be good addition too:D

Actually...I'm dreamin Chivu play for Milan..
But our neighbor get him...Arrgghhh!!!!

MilanMarkus

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I have stopped thinking about spectacular purchases for AC Milan this season. Everybody knows AC Milan and Berlusconi have the money. Our president is one of the richest people in the world. I think we are only going to see big spending when the coming season turns out to be a real dissapointing one.

Although some reinforcements might be needed, our current squad is still a very good team. The only problem is that we depend too much on some critical players like Kaka or Gattuso. So more depth in the squad would be welcome.

I think our defence and midfield are still one of the best in Europe.

In defence we got Nesta, Kaladze, Oddo, Simic, Bonera and Jankulovski.
Although sometimes Jankulovski seems to forget he is a leftback.
Of course Maldini is a legend, but he is already 38 so you can't expect the same from him as a 25 year old.

In midfield we got Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Seedorf and Kaka.

No surprise our weakness is in attack. Inzaghi (a true striker but for how long?), Gilardino (We know he has the qualities and is young, but for some reason his performance is often dissapointing), Ronaldo (Of course he is a legend, but also easily injured), Pato (I heard he is a great talent, but he's no proven striker yet).

slifersd

Beginner
Reaction score
It is time for all of us to realize that Milan management no longer cares about winning. All they care about is making money with this team. Looking back at the past few seasons of the transfer market and you can see a trend. Milan spend almost the least amount of money on signing new talents to their squad among all European elites. Whenever there is a two player shortlist, the cheaper one is always the one management chooses, no matter how bad he is to the club, just like Oliveira. Sure, we paid a lot more for him than he is worth, but he was still a lot cheaper than the other options such as Henry, Eto'o, Ibrahimovic and even Tevez. Could this team use more star power in areas such as goalkeeper, left back, center back, replacement for Seedorf, and a star striker? Sure. But are we going to do anything about it? Don't bet on it. Even after winning the most prized champions league in history, the management is still spending money like the biggest wuss in the world. They are delaying the process of rebuilding this ancient team year after year using every excuse they can find. I mean, no man in their right mind would rate us as the best team in Europe right now even with our CL victory last season. But that is not a concern for the club any more. As long as they can save money, they don't care how bad the team performs, even after losing to Inter by 21 points last season. The only way for this team to get back to its old glory days is for Berlusconi to sell the club to someone who cares enough to spend some money on the team.

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
paijo17 said:
Yeah...agree with you
Mexes will be good addition too:D

Actually...I'm dreamin Chivu play for Milan..
But our neighbor get him...Arrgghhh!!!!

Mexes is better than Chivu :)

slifersd said:
It is time for all of us to realize that Milan management no longer cares about winning. All they care about is making money with this team. Looking back at the past few seasons of the transfer market and you can see a trend. Milan spend almost the least amount of money on signing new talents to their squad among all European elites. Whenever there is a two player shortlist, the cheaper one is always the one management chooses, no matter how bad he is to the club, just like Oliveira. Sure, we paid a lot more for him than he is worth, but he was still a lot cheaper than the other options such as Henry, Eto'o, Ibrahimovic and even Tevez. Could this team use more star power in areas such as goalkeeper, left back, center back, replacement for Seedorf, and a star striker? Sure. But are we going to do anything about it? Don't bet on it. Even after winning the most prized champions league in history, the management is still spending money like the biggest wuss in the world. They are delaying the process of rebuilding this ancient team year after year using every excuse they can find. I mean, no man in their right mind would rate us as the best team in Europe right now even with our CL victory last season. But that is not a concern for the club any more. As long as they can save money, they don't care how bad the team performs, even after losing to Inter by 21 points last season. The only way for this team to get back to its old glory days is for Berlusconi to sell the club to someone who cares enough to spend some money on the team.

You must be joking right ? :o
Milan making money ? Even last year we only made 2.5 million euro profit, I think Berlusconi's has better ways to get money then Milan.

The thing is you are all shouting for big names but big names cost alot of money these days ( thank ****-Chelsea for that).

I don't get the problem, who do you wan't to buy ?
Players like : Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Maldini(monument), Dida, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kakà, Seedorf, Inzaghi
are very recommended in Milan so they will have more playing time.
We have Gourcuff, Darmian, Di Gennaro, Aubameyang trying to get some playing time.

Most of you are begging for younger players, but when Milan get's younger players you are crying that they are cheap and can't buy any star-players but Milan already has enough star-players ( and too much players aren't good either look at Chelsea or Madrid).
+ How do you except that our youth can get a chance when we buy a player that will probably cost us 30 million pound, our youth will have no space.

paijo17

BAyond Godlike
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yupp...too much players aren't good either....
I think ancelotti know very well what Milan needs...
He's the boss :D :D

But in my opinion....
Milan should get one centre back like Barzagli,Mexes or 'Kompany' :)....
Maldini will retired...Nesta are growing old :D .
Bonera?? Not really convincing..hahaha... :) :)

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
paijo17 said:
Yupp...too much players aren't good either....
I think ancelotti know very well what Milan needs...
He's the boss :D :D

But in my opinion....
Milan should get one centre back like Barzagli,Mexes or 'Kompany' :)....
Maldini will retired...Nesta are growing old :D .
Bonera?? Not really convincing..hahaha... :) :)

Don't shit on Bonera, he 'beatted' down every attack except against Inter and now is everyone shitting on his back.
He is a very good centre back, look at his games when Nesta was injured, Bonera was almost MOM ( according to someone but not about the 'honor of MOM', the point is he stood up and saved our asses).
Barzagli and Mexes are ahead of Kompany, Kompany makes to many position faults in my eyes and is too young and fragile for Milan.

Mexes was impossible to get, the only thing you can blame is our managment is that they didn't got Barzagli but he wanted to Palermo so :cry:

We have Di Gennaro, Darmian, Gourcuff, Aubameyang ready to make the step within a few years ( Gourcuff maybe even this year, at least I hope). So you also need to concider not to buy unneccesseray(damn that's not spelled correct) players.

MilanMarkus

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think a new solid leftback should be priority. I mean is there anybody who believes Serginho will save us? Yankulovski has offensive qualities, but in my opinion he's no solid defender.

I think at least for this year we will be fine IF Ronaldo and Inzaghi will remain free of injuries AND Gilardino finally is going to prove all critics are wrong (I still believe one day he will).

Looking back I really regret we didn't get Suazo. When Suazo choose for Inter, at first i didn't care because I thought there was at least a chance we were going to get someone even better (Henry, Eto'o or Tevez).

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MilanMarkus said:
I think a new solid leftback should be priority. I mean is there anybody who believes Serginho will save us? Yankulovski has offensive qualities, but in my opinion he's no solid defender.

I think at least for this year we will be fine IF Ronaldo and Inzaghi will remain free of injuries AND Gilardino finally is going to prove all critics are wrong (I still believe one day he will).

Looking back I really regret we didn't get Suazo. When Suazo choose for Inter, at first i didn't care because I thought there was at least a chance we were going to get someone even better (Henry, Eto'o or Tevez).

Leftback is indeed needed, but do you know a quality leftback that can be transfered ? I don't know any...

The solution could be to put Gattuso more on the left so he can cover the hole from Janku but then you need Seedorf to the right with Oddo.

MilanMarkus

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I also can't think of one... But I'm not that much into other teams as some people on this forum here. Suggestions anybody?

Last edited:

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
Since our transfer season is finished unless we get an unlikely suprise I decided to assess the entire squad since as an overall the transfer season was quite average but could still prove benefitial once the players peform.

Goalkeeper: Dida’s form was questioned on many occasions last season but he still remains our #1. The problem for our keepers lies in the lack of assured depth. Even when Dida made a blunder, Kalac + Storari weren’t particularly looked at because they do the same thing on a regular basis. Next season if a Primavera player, probably Facchin isn’t promoted we might have to look for a good backup.

Defence: In terms of sheer numbers, our defence looks quite good in depth but look closer and there is a lack of quality, especially in the fullback area. Jankulovski’s defensive abilities have been called into question often but tbh, he was one of our most consistent players last season and offered a good deal from the wings.

The partnership of Kaladze+Nesta looks good as it did two seasons ago and Bonera, Maldini and even Simic are good backups. The key flaw in our defensinve area is the substitute fullbacks. Cafu, Favali, Serginho are capable of providing the odd games rest but aren’t capable of playing 3 games a week on a regular basis or probably more than once as Cafu admitted last season. Injuries to our first choice fullbacks lasting more than 2 weeks could prove a problem.

Digao and Darmian are young players from our youth team. If they are given a decent amount of chances and impress during the time then that would be fantastic as we’d have good subs and won’t have to waste money bringing in new defenders, but unfortunately I don’t think it will happen.

If we wish to be seriously competitive in our major competitions this season then Nesta’s fitness will be key to our success. If the youngsters don’t prove good investments then the defence’s age would have caught up with us and we’re going to have to bring in about 3-4 new defenders next season, with at least one being world class to cover the expected retirements of Maldini, Cafu, Favali, Serginho.

Midfield: Emerson if anything has increased the depth in our midfield which was quite thin last season with only 7. Another thing he could possibly add depending on performances is competition for places as well as rest for Gattuso, Pirlo and Ambrosini which would be welcome addition given the competitions we’ll be involved in and would probably have to play something like 55 or so games this season.

One problem in our midfield is still the reliance on Kaka for that extra bit of quality but that’s not something that can be fixed as easily. The reliance on Pirlo+Kaka for creativity is dealt with provided Seedorf continues his good CL and pre-season form and Gourcuff gets his chances further up the field and considering we have 5 deep midfielders then that should happen.

The other problem is the lack of pace, which considering the way we played at times last season could prove to be a major game changing ingredient for us. There is the possibility that Willy once given chances and Pato can help as they both have the ability to play in an attacking midfield/wing spot.

Strikers: We didn’t buy a proven goal scoring striker last season, however we should still be able to do well with what we have. Ronaldo’s fitness is important as he looks as if he’s going to be the goto man to provide us with goals. Inzaghi’s age and Gila’s inconsistency/ lack of confidence mean we’ll need Ronaldo fit for most of the season. Although the latter did seem to have a nice chemistry with Ronaldo after his arrival in January and once all 3 are fit, although more likely when Pato is eligible then we might see 2 strikers played upfront despite Ancelotti’s preference for the Christmas Tree.

So basically within the next year or so I think we'll need to invest in a GK, a couple defenders and maybe a striker or attacking midfielder depending on what happens this season.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Good points.

Kalac shouldn't be backup at a club of Milan's stature. I'm not sure whether Abiatti's on loan or has been sold, but like you mentioned, the ideal solution would be to bring in a younger keeper, who'd be Dida's cover until the Brazilian's ready to hang his cloves. I'd rather opt for someone with a bit of experience under his belt - around 25 years old.

A. has been playing it real smart with Oddo and Janku. If you notice, he's been subbing them out, alternating them with Cafu and Favalli/Sergi between games - all remedies to keep them fit and fresh. Hope this pays off as an injury would drastically hamper our width. I also believe he's counting on Brocchi as utility player should we be unfortunate.

In midfield, we look to be covered in the deeper areas. Like you said, a quicker attacking mid would be reassuring.

In attack, we need a proven striker. Maybe we won't get Henry or Eto'o, but at least some upcoming talent should be in the ranks ... hope its Pato. Also hope Ronaldo's fitness issues are being addressed.

Last edited:

Schedule