Week 33: Torino vs Milan - 18/4/2018

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
obvs not, what a dumb question.

he deserves better than this though, imagine being promised a project and being given kalininc, bonna, RR, borini as your teamates and gattuso as your coach?

then being critcised for saying the squad needs better players.

he deserves some sort of bonus for sticking around if he does

He's the highest paid player in serie a already

We've conceded more goals than Genoa :cry:

Just kept a clean sheet vs Napoli without him in the starting XI

Also there really weren't many options for him aside from the Milan clubs. Moving abroad was out the question due to his sons health condition.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
It ain't about the team that Milan is drawing. It's that it's draw after draw when we need wins.

Exactly... these were the games that we had to win .... other wise those draws vs Napoli etc are useless FFS.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Very chaotic game.

Draw was the most logic game.

Nice to see some experiments implemented by Rino.

Suso sucking was very disappointing and Kalinic fighting to hold the ball was very surprising.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
We are a very mediocre team with far too many average players to fight for a top 4 place. Let's not even talk about our dog shit forwards.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
He's the highest paid player in serie a already

We've conceded more goals than Genoa :cry:

Just kept a clean sheet vs Napoli without him in the starting XI

Also there really weren't many options for him aside from the Milan clubs. Moving abroad was out the question due to his sons health condition.

Lmao I get u bro

But when my mates ask who milan has that’s even a top player Bomucci is the guy that saves my embarrassment.

Imagine saying oh yeah we got kalinic and bonna :lol:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Pathetic performance.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
We are a very mediocre team with far too many average players to fight for a top 4 place. Let's not even talk about our dog shit forwards.

It's less of an issue of them being shit and more of an issue of the shittiest one getting the most playing time

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
It's less of an issue of them being shit and more of an issue of the shittiest one getting the most playing time

Completely agree. Everyone knows how shit kalinic is and he still ate all the playing time.
Cutrone and Silva both very young and need as much playtime as possible
I really hate this bias towards "experience" player. It's ok when Kalinic actually scored or contributed more to the team, but the fact he did not. Atleast let younger players have more playtime and they can be useful later, this season is over anyway.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
No I wouldn't have said that....but then again...I'm not sure that we'd be in the predicament we got ourselves in if we were constantly bombarding Torino.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.
Gattuso had two options 1) Start Kalinic 2) Not start Kalinic

-He chose to start the shit one.
-The shit one didn't score (shocker I know :eek: )
-Torino scored...i.e. we now needed a goal
-He takes off the admittedly shit Suso and brings on Silva and Cutrone
-Now we have two strikers on but less supply....even though said supply was playing like shit. Who better to trust to cross in the ball for Silva and Cutrone than Suso. Didn't Silva's last goal come off a Suso cross? Honestly, the grinta tactics need to yield to a little bit of strategy every now and then!
-Are you still NOT seeing the problem with this sequence?

Agreed. Nobody can deny that Gattuso has fixed the defense and the midfield to a large extent.
Bonucci looked semi-pro before he came....our defense is pretty solid. I'll give him credit for that.

well the main point was that

I know it feels bad that we havent won, but for rino it was important not to lose. Our ability to not lose games instills a mentallity that will help us next season when we have more quality in our squad

is actually correct. and the statement is mutually exclusive of who Gattuso started, who he subbed, when he subbed and so on.

Milan's mentality is a largely understated reason for the way players perform. We've had large and small squad changes but whoever left and whoever came exhibited the same shit mentality for years.

for years.

As much as I didn't like the fact that we did not win and as much as I didnt want to content myself with the fact that we drew, I was still happy that we did not lose.

Conte turned jube into the draw kings of Italy when he first came to them. That's what ppl used to call them. and jube went on to win the league and in seasons that followed, turn many of those draws into wins.

Gattuso, a provincial green coach with a poor track-record, comes to Milan and is doing the same with a much more shit squad than what conte was handed, but that's still not something you ppl can be happy about.

that was my point.

I too immediately began questioning Gattuso's contract renewal after yesterday's draw. But after time passed, I realised that that way of thinking is too rash, too impulsive and ill-informed.

The hopes and expectations that people had of Montella, they immediately transferred it to Gattuso. Even I did. Gattuso didn't deserve that however. But to make it even worse, Gattuso fueled those hopes and dreams by turning around a shit season and turning around a green squad and actually giving them some chemistry, personality, real tactics and ideals. And by winning games.

But maybe that was just wrong. And now that Gattuso's not winning games atm, everyone's up in arms about it and looking for the fastest excuse to type out about it. Like I said and like you admitted to, it would have been different had he done what you wanted him to do dru, and we still drew the match.

If that does not give you pause to think about what the bigger issue is, then I don't know what will. But the fact remains that it was good to not lose. We're hardly a side of champions. We play 4-3-3 and we have no wingers. Our best defender is out injured and our RB's entire season was virtually cancelled. add all of the montella experience to that and I'd say we're lucky we are, where we are in the table.

It's easy to say Gattuso's blowing our chances at CL next season. But if you don't realise that Gattuso's given us more than we deserve, and more than people thought he could give us, then you don't understand football and cannot appreciate what it actually takes to rebuild.

This is our year zero. It started when Gattuso came. This is the only time I've seen the squad's mentality change in the last 5 years. I'm happy with that. Because now, you're laying the bricks to build a team of champions. That's what conte did for jube when he started there.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
well the main point was that

is actually correct. and the statement is mutually exclusive of who Gattuso started, who he subbed, when he subbed and so on.

Milan's mentality is a largely understated reason for the way players perform. We've had large and small squad changes but whoever left and whoever came exhibited the same shit mentality for years.

for years.

As much as I didn't like the fact that we did not win and as much as I didnt want to content myself with the fact that we drew, I was still happy that we did not lose.

Conte turned jube into the draw kings of Italy when he first came to them. That's what ppl used to call them. and jube went on to win the league and in seasons that followed, turn many of those draws into wins.

Gattuso, a provincial green coach with a poor track-record, comes to Milan and is doing the same with a much more shit squad than what conte was handed, but that's still not something you ppl can be happy about.

that was my point.

I too immediately began questioning Gattuso's contract renewal after yesterday's draw. But after time passed, I realised that that way of thinking is too rash, too impulsive and ill-informed.

The hopes and expectations that people had of Montella, they immediately transferred it to Gattuso. Even I did. Gattuso didn't deserve that however. But to make it even worse, Gattuso fueled those hopes and dreams by turning around a shit season and turning around a green squad and actually giving them some chemistry, personality, real tactics and ideals. And by winning games.

But maybe that was just wrong. And now that Gattuso's not winning games atm, everyone's up in arms about it and looking for the fastest excuse to type out about it. Like I said and like you admitted to, it would have been different had he done what you wanted him to do dru, and we still drew the match.

If that does not give you pause to think about what the bigger issue is, then I don't know what will. But the fact remains that it was good to not lose. We're hardly a side of champions. We play 4-3-3 and we have no wingers. Our best defender is out injured and our RB's entire season was virtually cancelled. add all of the montella experience to that and I'd say we're lucky we are, where we are in the table.

It's easy to say Gattuso's blowing our chances at CL next season. But if you don't realise that Gattuso's given us more than we deserve, and more than people thought he could give us, then you don't understand football and cannot appreciate what it actually takes to rebuild.

This is our year zero. It started when Gattuso came. This is the only time I've seen the squad's mentality change in the last 5 years. I'm happy with that. Because now, you're laying the bricks to build a team of champions. That's what conte did for jube when he started there.
It's dumb.

It's important to get as many points as possible...not "to not lose"

You can play three games...win two and lose one

OR

You can play three games and draw all three

The first scenario...yeah you lose one game but you end up with six points
The second scenario you're undefeated but you end up with three.

"Not losing" is not a thing....and it's even less of a thing when you put forward a team that isn't capable of damaging your opponent....this again takes us back to Kalinic.

I agree with your sentiment overall, i.e. it's too early to judge...but of late I don't like the direction we're heading in. I never considered your point that the draws we are seeing now are the stepping stone to become wins when the team gets better. I hope that is the case....but other than the JuBe's and Arsenals....I don't think we should be happy with drawing with the smaller teams in Italy. Surely we have more than enough to beat them.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
It's dumb.

It's important to get as many points as possible...not "to not lose"

You can play three games...win two and lose one

OR

You can play three games and draw all three

The first scenario...yeah you lose one game but you end up with six points
The second scenario you're undefeated but you end up with three.

"Not losing" is not a thing....and it's even less of a thing when you put forward a team that isn't capable of damaging your opponent....this again takes us back to Kalinic.

I agree with your sentiment overall, i.e. it's too early to judge...but of late I don't like the direction we're heading in. I never considered your point that the draws we are seeing now are the stepping stone to become wins when the team gets better. I hope that is the case....but other than the JuBe's and Arsenals....I don't think we should be happy with drawing with the smaller teams in Italy. Surely we have more than enough to beat them.

I believe it is the case here. and like i said. I'm not happy that we drew. I'm happy that we didn't lose. its super easy to look at it on paper and say we should win against the league's minnows. but you're taking a few things for granted here. Before gattuso came, we lacked the mentality to even draw a home match against a small team. at least now we can draw an away match against the same shitty small teams. at least gattuso got us into the coppa italia final.

at least we have a foundation to build on rather than every year being a year zero. 2018-2019 is finally going to be, year one.

it's progress. and that is an encouraging thought.

100% of the times its better to win than to draw or lose.

and then 100% of the time, it's better to draw than to lose.