Alessio Romagnoli Thread

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have a question if anyone know plz ... why did Paletta leave ?!!!!
He left as soon as we signed Roma if am not mistaken & he acted like he just lost his place when he would have started for sure next to Roma.

for some mind bending reason, we renewed mexes' contract and didn't get rid of the other fodders. if he were still here we'd have 6 CBs for 2 positions.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Will be ancelottis first signing at bayern :cry:

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
I have a question if anyone know plz ... why did Paletta leave ?!!!!
He left as soon as we signed Roma if am not mistaken & he acted like he just lost his place when he would have started for sure next to Roma.

Romagnoli had a guaranteed spot, Mexes was being pushed at the time to be in the team at the order of Berlusconi, Zapata seemed to have good relations with Bacca, and Rodrigo Ely had always started the friendlies pairing with Alex, and had played pretty well.

When we got Romagnoli, we became with 6 central defenders, Paletta left because he had a chance at making the NT and 5 central defenders fighting for one spot is too much, and he was right. Once a central defense pair is set, very few things change during the season.

Hopefully he'll be here next year, Alex this year has been solid, though I'm not sure when his next injury will come.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we need another cb

mexes and zapata are fucking dreadful

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
Romagnoli had a guaranteed spot, Mexes was being pushed at the time to be in the team at the order of Berlusconi, Zapata seemed to have good relations with Bacca, and Rodrigo Ely had always started the friendlies pairing with Alex, and had played pretty well.

When we got Romagnoli, we became with 6 central defenders, Paletta left because he had a chance at making the NT and 5 central defenders fighting for one spot is too much, and he was right. Once a central defense pair is set, very few things change during the season.

Hopefully he'll be here next year, Alex this year has been solid, though I'm not sure when his next injury will come.

if he still wants a starting spot then he wont be here next year. because i'm hoping to god we sign mammana in june.

mammana + romagnoli = paletta as super sub or goodbye.

would rather have paletta as a sub than mexes/zapata though.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
if he still wants a starting spot then he wont be here next year. because i'm hoping to god we sign mammana in june.

That's what I'm hoping for. Mammana+ Roma , Paletta, Alex ( 1 yr) and Ely (low wages will expect little playing time ). Mexes and Zapata both leave.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Don't think there has been a precedence of two young starting CB doing well and getting in Europe? With a 17 YO Gk behind them? No way that's gonna succeed.

tschief

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Don't think there has been a precedence of two young starting CB doing well and getting in Europe? With a 17 YO Gk behind them? No way that's gonna succeed.

because it has never succeeded before? well thats kind of a limited view, sorry to say that.

Of course, most likely it would fail but still, you never know.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score

What makes you think that Mammana is gonna be great? Haven't seen Mammana, but common sense says that Mammana + Romagnoli is a bad duo since neither is great at leading the defense. They both need to be paired with an experienced DC (paletta or Alex).

btw, you're not gonna find a defender of paletta's caliber easily (or cheaply) in Italy

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
What makes you think that Mammana is gonna be great? Haven't seen Mammana, but common sense says that Mammana + Romagnoli is a bad duo since neither is great at leading the defense. They both need to be paired with an experienced DC (paletta or Alex).

btw, you're not gonna find a defender of paletta's caliber easily (or cheaply) in Italy

You should watch some river plate games. He's great. this is why allan was saying vangioni is not the player we should be buying from river plate.

also, when alex + romagnoli play together, do you think alex leads the defense?

who leads when romagnoli + zapata plays together?

but i digress. now is exactly the point in time to sign another young CB with great potential. when we had silva we did not do this and that is how we ended up with zapata and mexes and alex and paletta.

lets not make the same mistake again.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Alessio leads. Experience is all very well but it's nothing without quality. Despite his youth I'd prefer to keep Roma as leader. He needs a quality partner who's happy to take the benefit of Roma's excellent reading of the game. He needs a partner who can play with him week in / week out so they can build up a relationship, an understanding.

He played so well again against Udinese.

:love: :love: :love:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Has anyone noticed how sometimes he ends up in attack(even on striking position) after simple gameplay (not FKs or corners)? He starts from defense and if the passes go well he goes far beyound, Alex as well.

I noticed it 3-4 times already. Guess that are Miha's indications for creating numerical superiority and pressure the opponent. Like it :thumbsup:

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
You should watch some river plate games. He's great. this is why allan was saying vangioni is not the player we should be buying from river plate.

but i digress. now is exactly the point in time to sign another young CB with great potential. when we had silva we did not do this and that is how we ended up with zapata and mexes and alex and paletta.

River plate is not in Serie A.
It's obvious Alex leads the defense, and so is Zapata when he's paired with Romagnoli.

Thiago Silva had Nesta until the last year, many think that one of the reasons why Galliani sold him then is because he thought that Thiago Silva on his own would never look as solid as he did when paired with Nesta.

We ended with Zapata and Mexes and Alex because we didn't want to spend or scout, which is the same reason why we ended with Taiwo and Traore.
Paletta on the other hand is pretty solid, if Parma wasn't bankrupt we wouldn't have gotten him for 1 mill (Paletta was ready to dissolve the contract for no salary received but wanted to give something back to the club). He also had other offers at the time, but probably with lower salary.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I'll give you a rundown of Mammana since you haven't seen him play Ender.

Strengths:

- Great timing and positional sense
- Excellent interceptor
- Always looking to play out from the back (good passer since he used to be a midfielder)
- Rarely picks up cards
- Good leader (was the undisputed leader of the Argentina U17/U20 defense and won the youth South American championship twice)
- Can play as a fullback
- Already has quite a bit of experience in the Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana (both competitions were won by River Plate)
- A very mature player despite being only 19 years old (I should say 20 since his birthday is tomorrow)

Weaknesses:

- Sometimes get caught out when bringing the ball out from defense
- Needs more muscle. His reading of the game is very good but against more physical opponents he can get out-muscled
- Aerial dominance could use improvement but that doesn't mean he's horrible at it

The talent is definitely there but he just needs more experience.

Yeah Vangioni and Balanta we need to stay away from. Since Kranevitter left River, Mammana and Batalla are the only great talents they have left. We don't need Batalla though since we already have Donnarumma.

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko

Strengths:

- Great timing and positional sense
- Excellent interceptor
- Always looking to play out from the back (good passer since he used to be a midfielder)
- Rarely picks up cards
- Good leader (was the undisputed leader of the Argentina U17/U20 defense and won the youth South American championship twice)
- Can play as a fullback
- Already has quite a bit of experience in the Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana (both competitions were won by River Plate)
- A very mature player despite being only 19 years old (I should say 20 since his birthday is tomorrow)

Weaknesses:

- Sometimes get caught out when bringing the ball out from defense
- Needs more muscle. His reading of the game is very good but against more physical opponents he can get out-muscled
- Aerial dominance could use improvement but that doesn't mean he's horrible at it

Thanks for this mate. What I gather is that he is an intelligent defender but not physical . I see that he is listed as 1.84m which is okay , I've seen short defenders bully big strikers because of their other attributes, jumping ability, marking, aggression, determination . I want to know 3 things about him specifically.

Heading technique

Jumping, although it has more to do with adding muscle to your legs which as you tell me has hasn't given he is lean overall

Marking

The fact that he needs to add muscle and he is primed for it since he is turning 20, it is the perfect time to get it.
He also brings in his ability to play the ball out which is great . Romagnoli is decent at it too. The two of them seems promising together.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score

Yeah Vangioni and Balanta we need to stay away from.

Look, I don't have a problem with your analysis and he seems like he has a great future. However, a lot of defenders from South America have been hyped recently (Balanta and Doria to make a couple of recent examples) and leaving aside Thiago Silva, who had a great teacher and partner in Nesta, very few have been impressive consistently (or impressive at all).

This is true especially for defenders in S. America (see even Vergara) where they are not necessarily put through the same tactical drills and positioning that is common in Italy.
Some teams buy a Otamendi or Sakho just to name a couple, but frankly considering the salaries or transfer fees, one has to wonder whether they are worth it. Even Yanga Mbiwa at a recent past was hyped greatly...

The only thing that I value in Mammana is the fact that Fiorentina wanted to buy him (and they have shown to have much better scouts than us consistently over the past decade). But that doesn't mean that I think he's worth more than 10 mill or that he's ready to be an undisputed starter. If we get him, I'll judge him when he comes, for the time being I'm skeptical of his qualities (I was skeptical of spending 25 mill for Romagnoli and I don't mind saying that from what R has shown so far, it was a solid buy and worth it)

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for this mate. What I gather is that he is an intelligent defender but not physical . I see that he is listed as 1.84m which is okay , I've seen short defenders bully big strikers because of their other attributes, jumping ability, marking, aggression, determination . I want to know 3 things about him specifically.

Heading technique

Jumping, although it has more to do with adding muscle to your legs which as you tell me has hasn't given he is lean overall

Marking

The fact that he needs to add muscle and he is primed for it since he is turning 20, it is the perfect time to get it.
He also brings in his ability to play the ball out which is great . Romagnoli is decent at it too. The two of them seems promising together.

He has a good jump and speed but his timing in aerial duels needs improvement. With more experience he'll fix that issue quite easily.

He does need to bulk up a bit but he already has a very good reading of the game, good dribbling, and passing (which are things harder to aquire than muscle growth).

Look, I don't have a problem with your analysis and he seems like he has a great future. However, a lot of defenders from South America have been hyped recently (Balanta and Doria to make a couple of recent examples) and leaving aside Thiago Silva, who had a great teacher and partner in Nesta, very few have been impressive consistently (or impressive at all).

This is true especially for defenders in S. America (see even Vergara) where they are not necessarily put through the same tactical drills and positioning that is common in Italy.
Some teams buy a Otamendi or Sakho just to name a couple, but frankly considering the salaries or transfer fees, one has to wonder whether they are worth it. Even Yanga Mbiwa at a recent past was hyped greatly...

The only thing that I value in Mammana is the fact that Fiorentina wanted to buy him (and they have shown to have much better scouts than us consistently over the past decade). But that doesn't mean that I think he's worth more than 10 mill or that he's ready to be an undisputed starter. If we get him, I'll judge him when he comes, for the time being I'm skeptical of his qualities (I was skeptical of spending 25 mill for Romagnoli and I don't mind saying that from what R has shown so far, it was a solid buy and worth it)

That's because most South American defenders are good physically but are very dumb when it comes to reading the game. Vergara, Balanta, and Otamendi are your typical South American defenders but Mammana is the opposite. Very good at reading the game but just needs to get stronger physically.

He's not ready to be a starter yet since adapting to Serie A will take a year but once he adapts he should be ready to be a starter. There's a reason Simeone wants Mammana and I trust Simeone a lot when it comes to defenders.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Can we please talk about how amazing romagnoli is. It's his thread you know:D

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Can't get over this signing. What a player, my God. Oh, how I wish he had T. Silva next to him...

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Has anyone noticed how sometimes he ends up in attack(even on striking position) after simple gameplay (not FKs or corners)? He starts from defense and if the passes go well he goes far beyound, Alex as well.

I noticed it 3-4 times already. Guess that are Miha's indications for creating numerical superiority and pressure the opponent. Like it :thumbsup:

Yes, I've noticed this too & I love it, he's so elegant. I think he used to do it a lot more with the Italy U21s.

Forza Romagnoli!

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Love his defensive skills, the clean tackles, the positioning, the interventions, the ball steals, how he wins every one of his headers... how he directs his team-mates, the way he celebrates our goals and his personality, the tendency to laugh & joke and the way he is so talented & gifted but works hard too & improves game by game.

He's amazing. Love him.

Shrizzo

Banned
Reaction score
How do you guys think he would have done this season assuming he had stayed at Roma and was the starting center back?

Any regrets from Roma? Better or worse season than he's had so far?

He shows a lot of promise. That's for sure. Italy call up is inevitable of he continues to grow and improve.