Leonardo Thread

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
why would u give a toupee model a fully loaded assault rifle?

that would be an irresponsible thing to do. the bullets would be wasted, innocent people could be harmed, not to mention the toupee model could accidentally shoot himself.

assault rifles belong in the hands of people that know how to use them.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Leo got no support though. he got players he didnt want (Huntelaar) and ended up having to adapt to try to make something out what he was given.

and it sucks for him that when he leaves after getting limited support we add Ibra, Robinho, Prince, Bommel, Cassano, Yepes... while Leo got Silva (big time addition) Abate (who Leo had to mold) Huntelaar, Mancini, Oddo... its not even close

Al is certainly a better coach, but Leo is a great motivator, but his tactics arent good. much better suited to management

Leo got a lot of improvement over Ancelotti last season. Carlo didn't have Gattuso for +8 months, Nesta and Borriello for the whole season, all out injured. Favalli had to step up to save our defense that season...

Sure we lost Kaká (and Emerson :lol:), but Leo had a whole new defense to work with - Nesta, Thiago, Abate and Antonini.
He had Gattuso back in midfield and in mid season arrived Beckham and Mancini at his request.
In attack he got Borri (who was great that season) and Huntelaar (who was very high rated at the time even if not exactly Leo first choice).

That over a squad who finished third in Serie A season before, with Pirlo, Zambrotta, Ambro, Seedorf, Ronaldinho, Pato...

Sure he didn't get Ibrahimovic, but it was not like he had bananas to work with either.

Last edited:

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Inter as Leonardo's opponent - coached by Mourinho, best team in the world.

Inter as Allegri's opponent - coached by some noobs with Castaignos and Nagatomo as stars.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
why would u give a toupee model a fully loaded assault rifle?

that would be an irresponsible thing to do. the bullets would be wasted, innocent people could be harmed, not to mention the toupee model could accidentally shoot himself.

assault rifles belong in the hands of people that know how to use them.

Best possible comparison ever.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
:lol:

could everybody (mardista) that is defending leonardo just be honest about WHY they're defending him?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

becuz....defending him as a coach...come on :lol:

poor trolling

:lol:

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
People underrating him because hes apparently a trator (he isnt). Nobody says hes great but neither is Allegri.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
HI GUYZTH

Allegri_Coppa_Scudetto.jpg

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Inter as Leonardo's opponent - coached by Mourinho, best team in the world.

Inter as Allegri's opponent - coached by some noobs with Castaignos and Nagatomo as stars.

I'm pretty sure Castaignos wasn't there last year, Etoo who was the best forward in serie A last year was along with a certain wesley sneijder, maicon and basically a treble winning side.

Only thing Inter lost from treble was balotelli, and he wasn't a starter.

Also leo got 3 players he asked for in january. Pazzini (clinical finisher, among best in world), Kharja (typical inter need to sign midfield butcher), Nagatomo (who was god) on top of treble team.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
People underrating him because hes apparently a trator (he isnt). Nobody says hes great but neither is Allegri.

think about it like this.

if cassilas or raul/guti went barca... what would you do?

end of discussion

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I'm pretty sure Castaignos wasn't there last year, Etoo who was the best forward in serie A last year was along with a certain wesley sneijder, maicon and basically a treble winning side.

Only thing Inter lost from treble was balotelli, and he wasn't a starter.

Also leo got 3 players he asked for in january. Pazzini (clinical finisher, among best in world), Kharja (typical inter need to sign midfield butcher), Nagatomo (who was god) on top of treble team.

didnt he get more points while in charge than we got during same time period?

Al is a better coach, but Leo did not do a bad job last year (or with the team we had)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
didnt he get more points while in charge than we got during same time period?

Al is a better coach, but Leo did not do a bad job last year (or with the team we had)

3 games in hand, iirc.

The squad had quality. All he had to do was motivate them, to be honest.

They got healthy, they tore up serie A like they did before. but when they needed actual coaching, tactics he epically failed.

5-2? 3-0?

edit- the biggest thing i initially liked about allegri over leo was stubbornness. Leo displayed it. Only willing to play one way.

Allegri tried many different systems and approaches. Early this year allegri annoyed me a bit with rigidness but recently he's kind of started getting back to last year where he'd adjust.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
3 games in hand, iirc.

The squad had quality. All he had to do was motivate them, to be honest.

They got healthy, they tore up serie A like they did before. but when they needed actual coaching, tactics he epically failed.

5-2? 3-0?

heavily underrating they were not supposed to qualify for cl and were on the verge of break down. <3<3 solves everything

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
heavily underrating they were not supposed to qualify for cl and were on the verge of break down. <3<3 solves everything

Did you really not think they wouldn't qualify for ucl?

They had 3 games in hand cause of CWC. If they won those, they'd have been right at 3rd

But yes, Leo does deserve motivation credit. He is only coach they've had since Mourinho with personality to reach the squad.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
even tho leo tainted his rep immensely by being one of the bruised dudes. his motivatinal skills and personality is absolutely loveable. every time we scored, leo would cheer, and like 75% of the time, he'd recieve a hug from the players

but he blew it alll up by doing the deed

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I think I can understand why Leo did what he did, he got fired without getting the re-enforcements he wanted, Berlu trashed him in the media and then bought the next coach Ibra, Binho, Prince, Cassano, etc...

still was a dick thing to go to Inter, but it is understandable. we never should have made him coach in the first place, Tassoti should have gotten his chance or a different real coach should have been brought in

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
so what if he hugs the players after goals?

i would do the same :o

that doesnt mean i'm a coach does it??

i have not studied the arcane arts of mystical esoteric coaching like allegri has :o

i have not scaled from the depths of provincial italian league obscurity to the glamorous heights of the most successful/posh/luxurious/winningest club in the history of the world :o

swear to god the disrespect of ppl towards allegri here is abhorrent :o :max:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
leo did what he could, no one would have finished further than 3rd with that squad.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
so what if he hugs the players after goals?

i would do the same :o

that doesnt mean i'm a coach does it??

i have not studied the arcane arts of mystical esoteric coaching like allegri has :o

i have not scaled from the depths of provincial italian league obscurity to the glamorous heights of the most successful/posh/luxurious/winningest club in the history of the world :o

swear to god the disrespect of ppl towards allegri here is abhorrent :o :max:

im just saying,, even tho the squad was no where near the quality of allegri's he made the squad tight and its that tightness that made us come third. with any other coach with that 09/10 squad, europa league woulda been an achievement

allegri is cool. got most of the reinforcements he wanted *needs a super lb - could be taiwo if he adapts soon* and results and play style show top football

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
im just saying,, even tho the squad was no where near the quality of allegri's he made the squad tight and its that tightness that made us come third. with any other coach with that 09/10 squad, europa league woulda been an achievement

allegri is cool. got most of the reinforcements he wanted *needs a super lb - could be taiwo if he adapts soon* and results and play style show top football

u are going back to my first point.

why give command of a nuclear warhead-ICBM equipped, nuclear powered submarine to a UN translator? A UN translator's job is to translate...and be diplomatic towards guests when its cocktail hour.

quality of squad??? u work with what you got. leonardo should have done better with our squad the year he coached us. he had plenty of tools. he was not able to utilize those tools as effectively as he should have.

what do u think is gonna happen when the chief of staff sees a prodigy submarine captain come into the scene who has proven ability to overcome adversity and let his talent speak for itself? U give him some new warheads + access to the launching codes :o

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Leonardo did the most anyone could have done with the squad he had in his season here and with the opponent he had to face. And please senatore, don't give me that bullshit how he had everything when he went to Inter. You can't just throw in a coach at half the season in any squad that has been severely damaged by his predecessor (in this case Benitez), trailing by a lot in the league and expect a title against a reinforced Milan side led by Ibrahimovic. Again, I am not saying Leonardo is as good as Mourinho, but I doubt even Jose could achieve what Leonardo was asked to in those 4-5 months.

Face it, the reason people say Leonardo is a crap coach is because he went to Inter, and there are valid reasons for him doing that. You all weren't so 'objective' when he was here. congo didnt talk about fucking submarines, he talked about Leos gracious hair all the time:o

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Leonardo did the most anyone could have done with the squad he had in his season here and with the opponent he had to face. And please senatore, don't give me that bullshit how he had everything when he went to Inter. You can't just throw in a coach at half the season in any squad that has been severely damaged by his predecessor (in this case Benitez), trailing by a lot in the league and expect a title against a reinforced Milan side led by Ibrahimovic. Again, I am not saying Leonardo is as good as Mourinho, but I doubt even Jose could achieve what Leonardo was asked to in those 4-5 months.

Face it, the reason people say Leonardo is a crap coach is because he went to Inter, and there are valid reasons for him doing that. You all weren't so 'objective' when he was here. congo didnt talk about fucking submarines, he talked about Leos gracious hair all the time:o

You are so delusional it's hilarious

:lol::lol::lol:

Other than you NO ONE, not even Inter fans, rate Leo as a coach...

Dude constantly buckledunder the pressure when it was time to step up...

Regardless of the squad he had, there is absolutely no excuse for the humiliating losses both we and Inter suffered under him against our rivals, both in the CL and league...

We werent that shit of a squad to end up with those results....

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Where did he buckle under pressure? What results were so horrific? Losing to ManU and Inter? They were better, Milan didn't have a shit squad but not good enough to challenge them. Courtesy of the genius president who instead of fulfilling the requests of the coach, was partying with whores.

Meanwhile, the great Allegri manages to lose to fucking Tottenham led by Crouch... Yeah, really did much better than Leonardo. I dont give a fuck who rates who, the facts are there to see.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Where did he buckle under pressure? What results were so horrific? Losing to ManU and Inter? They were better, Milan didn't have a shit squad but not good enough to challenge them. Courtesy of the genius president who instead of fulfilling the requests of the coach, was partying with whores.

Meanwhile, the great Allegri manages to lose to fucking Tottenham led by Crouch... Yeah, really did much better than Leonardo. I dont give a fuck who rates who, the facts are there to see.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
shit happens, freak game. I doubt that could happen again, meanwhile I see Tottenham beating Milan 1-0 and defending successfully against an impotent attack over and over again.

Anyway, comparing his half season with Inter with Allegri's Milan is dumb because there isn't enough material to compare. I'm comparing Leonardo's Milan with Allegri's Milan.

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
this guy must really hate us, it seems like he goes out of his way to piss us off.

yeah I understand he has a job to do for PSG but why didn't he go for tevez when he was first available? it seem he became interested as soon as we had a deal in place for him.
he tried to steal kaka, ganso and now tevez.

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
shit happens, freak game. I doubt that could happen again, meanwhile I see Tottenham beating Milan 1-0 and defending successfully against an impotent attack over and over again.

Anyway, comparing his half season with Inter with Allegri's Milan is dumb because there isn't enough material to compare. I'm comparing Leonardo's Milan with Allegri's Milan.

And the 3-0 thrashing by Milan just a few days before make it "just two freak games" in a row right?

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan had a better squad.

Schedule