"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
GreatKalu congratulations man!!!!

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Indeed it was , poor SA, been flying the flag for southern Africa for too long :head: ....mind you seeing as so many of the squad is based in the PSL I might as well chalk it up for South Africa ;)

Made in RSA :o

Indeed , i supported Zambia because of the PSL ties. People forget South Africa won the cup even if it was like 17 years ago :lol:

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
Fail not talking about current :tongue: . Nigeria got no room to talk either, that scoreline prediction is very laughable.

Nope..it's worth a sure long punt.

Ok I admit, maybe I overdid it...howbout:

Nigeria 2 SA 1

Very, very realistic there. :(

South African diski has to step up a lot..there's a lot of quality in the PSL (I should know, sometimes I see some games on Supersport) but so far it hasn't been translated to Bafana.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
With so much quality Ivory Coast still lost..
Congrats to all Zambians.

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
You've only got one year to keep it buddy..that's because you won't be able to DEFEND it in South Africa. Ha. :tongue:

Not with all the fallen giants around. ;)

Plus the stakes are much higher..whoever wins reps Africa in the Confederations Cup in Brazil, June '13. So it won't be fun and games this time.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Indeed it was , poor SA, been flying the flag for southern Africa for too long :head: ....mind you seeing as so many of the squad is based in the PSL I might as well chalk it up for South Africa ;)

Made in RSA :o
Lol. Sorry man. Didn't mean to raise a few tempers. We finally disagree on something :D I'm too happy to fight, so I hope RSA does well and recovers from the setback.
You've only got one year to keep it buddy..that's because you won't be able to DEFEND it in South Africa. Ha. :tongue:

Not with all the fallen giants around. ;)

Plus the stakes are much higher..whoever wins reps Africa in the Confederations Cup in Brazil, June '13. So it won't be fun and games this time.
thats right. Underestimate us again :p

Wonder when qualifications begin. Got to look up the groups. Have they been drawn already?

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think so, haven't checked..I remember reading that in one of the sports papers though.

And that's not me underestimating you guyz, that's just plain stating the /fahct. :D

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Ah, so the groups haven't been drawn a of yet.

Somehow I like the chances of the copper bullet over a super eagle this time around. Be warned, you may get shot down :p

Ps. Here's another good one; the black star failed to shine, its black. Black doesn't shine:p Lame, I know :D

Last edited:

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Lol. Sorry man. Didn't mean to raise a few tempers. We finally disagree on something :D I'm too happy to fight, so I hope RSA does well and recovers from the setback.

I couldn't care less about the RSA after the whole points debacle :fp: :head:

Wanted Zambia to win ,played the best football IMO , Katongo :eek:

Enjoy the moment :)

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ah, so the groups haven't been drawn a of yet.

Somehow I like the chances of the copper bullet over a super eagle this time around. Be warned, you may get shot down :p

Ps. Here's another good one; the black star failed to shine, its black. Black doesn't shine:p Lame, I know :D

:lol:

Wait, how do you want to shoot down an Eagle with an old-fashioned copper bullet? A bolt-reload air rifle? FAIL. :D:D

And it's not just an Eagle, it's a Super Eagle. You wouldn't dare. :lol:

A black star (black hole) is the remains of a DEAD star..what did they expect?? :tongue:

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Just you guys wait till Egypt is back to dominate this continent again!!!

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I don't doubt it. Egypt have a fantastic football tradition. Their teams may not have starz, but they have a lot of character and belief. Their tactics and organization are also perhaps the best on the continent. Its just a pity they never get through to the world cup.

But the present is ZAMBIA ... CHIPOLOPOLO! Hard group to get to the Brazil 2014, with the Ghanaians particularly bitter over their Semi Final exit. Coach Renard has said that he will quit if he fails to lead Zambia to their maiden world cup, so I'm kinda hoping we get there. Like his white shirts :proud:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
rashidi yekini RIP

was a great person and an awesome footballer at setubal

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
RIP

rashidi-yekini-1994-m-4fa52841472ae.jpg

Will always remember that celebration

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
RIP.

I do remember that group well, that one and Italy, Ireland, Mexico (+ Norway) group called my attention (Italy, Ireland and Mexico for the similar flags...that resulted in similar points).

But group D I mean a) Argentina: Batistuta's lion hair, Cannigia, Redondo, Maradona and his coked up celebration and the scandal. b) Bulgaria: Stoichkov (I dunno why as a child Stoichkov + Hagi sounded to me as huuuuuuge stars, and I loved their last names), Ivanov (ugly as hell). c) Nigeria, Yekini's celebration, Sunday Oliseh (best name ever), Finidi George, Rufai (actually Rufai didn't become epic to me till the 98' WC and his showdown with Zubizarreta) and their uniform. d) Greece: the hair of like 3 players of theirs, they were really bad overall though lol.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Romania's group (Switzerland, Colombia, USA) + Italy's group also called my attention at the time. Sweden as a whole too... I watched Romania x Sweden quarter final recently, it was an awesome game.

Maradona, Batistuta and Caniggia (nobody cares about Balbo) must be the coolest attack to ever play a World Cup. Too much for FIFA to handle :o

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
That 94 nigeria squad barely beat zambia in the 94 afcon final. Lesd than a year after the Gabon air disaster. Prior to this year's edition, zambia were the most successful country to never win the afcon. it was due ...

That same nigerian squad was banned from entering the 96 edition, for reasons I cannot recall. zambia looked like favourites up until the semis, where we went out to tunisia who in turn lost to rsa in the final. Egypt resumed dominance two years later.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
R.I.P. Rashidi Yekini

My True Consolation for his family and especially his mother :(

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Zambian players who could do well in Europe ...

1) Nathan Sinkala:star: - 21
2) Emmanuel Mbola - 19
3) Emmanuel Mayuka :star: -21
4) Chisamba Lungu - 21
5) Sunzu:proud: - 22 (always smiling too :D)

Biggest hindrance would be language ... and something of a culture shock (Pato dating the boss' daughter for example). But with the right management, I can see these guys doing well in especially and English speaking environment.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
World Cup qualification begins now. Renard has said that he will quit if Zambia fail to qualify for Brazil 14. I like him :) First match is ... a home game against a fired up Ghanaian side. Difficult, but I have faith.

GHblackstarsAC

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Kaka, Abedi Pele, Andre Ayew, Drogba, Appiah, Roger Milla, Yaya Toure, Maldini, Gatusso
World Cup qualification begins now. Renard has said that he will quit if Zambia fail to qualify for Brazil 14. I like him :) First match is ... a home game against a fired up Ghanaian side. Difficult, but I have faith.

Zambia don suffer ooooo:fp: beaten by Sudan 2-0 if we guys beat you next game its over with your WC dreams and Sudan have been our wifes for years know gauranteed 3 points for the Black Stars with Muntari as the new captain!!

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
so is somalia in the world cup yet

:)

Schedule