Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Nick Diaz called out DC:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlKU3-ADcHN/?utm_source=ig_embed

tenor.gif

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Weed - it messes with your head man :lol:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Weed - it messes with your head man :lol:

Indeed, DC would wreck that fool with one hand, while eating that KFC with the other :lol:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Indeed, DC would wreck that fool with one hand, while eating that KFC with the other :lol:

daniel-cormier-020415-socialjpg_fvvc72hb0ks14tjknya1h740.jpg

Naaah, Daniel got the Popeye's on lock bro :lol:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I like Nick (and Nate too) to some degree.

But his whole, "I am in a fight, not a competition, and I beat bitches up" stance on fighting is really idiotic. Throughout his career, he couldn't stop the guy who could just take him down and hold him there. He has good BJJ but never really learned to neutralize the the lay and pray, only to excuse it with him not considering wrestling fighting.

Even guys like Sean Sherk put a clinic on Nick, and he calling out DC :lol::lol::lol:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Post USADA HW division is really hard to watch.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So are there any decent fights to look forward to?

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rakic making the homeland proud with a very good performance :thumbsup:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
anthony smith finishes rashad and shogun with ease, calls out gustafsson for the ufc 227 spot since oezdemir got injured.

gus: "uh..um..I have a minor injury so im off ufc 227... sorry!!!"

this guy is something else :lol:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
anthony smith finishes rashad and shogun with ease, calls out gustafsson for the ufc 227 spot since oezdemir got injured.

gus: "uh..um..I have a minor injury so im off ufc 227... sorry!!!"

this guy is something else :lol:

Nothing impressive in finishing Shogun, or Reshad these days.

Also awful event, skipped trough all of it in less then 10 minutes.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
that's not the point of the post at all

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
The LHW division being absolute trash is all on the UFC, if they kept ryan bader and phil davis (IMO 3rd and 4th best LHWs in the world) they would at least have legit challengers for the belt, or if they kept mousasi, they would have someone who can fight at LHW.

now you have gus (who is a very good fighter) but he hardly ever fights, and the rest are just good or average fighters.

IMO DC should just vacate, no one cares about this division, let gus fight yoel for the vacated belt and the winner can fight jon jones whenever hes back.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Why would Gus fight that nobody?

because he has 2 fight in 3 years? + that nobody has won 5 in his last 6.

while this guy had 6 fights in 1.5 years, gus had a grand total of 1 fight :proud:

and a sudden minor injury after being called out is hilarious.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giving Smith an interim shot for beating way past it fighters is a bit of a joke tbh. There are much more deserving guys like Blachowicz, Roundtree or OSP for example.

The shitty thing with Gus which compounds problems is that he won't fight Latifi and Manuwa.

I don't think Gus is ducking Smith - no doubt in my mind Alex obliterates that guy. Gus had no issue agreeing to fight Volkan - a much more dangerous guy than Smith.

Also disagree about the event being bad. Main event was meh except for Haqparast dominating Diakese, that was fun. Prelims were entertaining except for that lay and pray fest with Meek and Fabinski, that was dogshit.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
who said he's getting an interim shot? he was going to fill in for a spot against gus, also would have been his 3rd fight in 2 months.

but hey that 1 fight against a past it glover in 2.5 years should be enough to give king gus a title shot.

DiwRfnFXUAE5shp.jpg

sums it up

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
who said he's getting an interim shot? he was going to fill in for a spot against gus, also would have been his 3rd fight in 2 months.

but hey that 1 fight against a past it glover in 2.5 years should be enough to give king gus a title shot.

sums it up

In his defense, he probably feels he is really close and does not want to risk his position fighting dangerous lower ranked fighters.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players

sums it up

Fighting Gus is basically a shot at the interim title.

And DC is one to talk after calling out Shogun for his next LHW fight :lol: instead of fighting Gus, Latifi or Glover who all called him out for a fight recently.

Yeah, I'd like Gus to be more active but lets give him a worthwhile opponent. And while Gus was indeed inactive, he is the best LHW fighter right now considering Bones suspension and DC fighting at HW and impending retirement. Also while Glover is past his best times, he's definitely still a more worthwhile opponent than Shogun or Rashad.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
DC is one to talk because he has 2 belts and is an active figher.

not someone who's 2-2 in his last 4 and calls out DC for the hw belt while ducking jan, khalil and now smith.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Absolutely irrelevant when the fact of the matter is that DC wanted to fight Shogun for his next title defense which is hilarious. That after agreeing to fight Lesnar at HW instead of facing a legit challenger because of moneyfight reasoning.

I like both of DC and Gus because they're great fighters and that's all that matters to me. But it's funny to hear DC call out Gus on picking and choosing when he is doing the same right now.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
DC is an active champion of 2 divisions = relevant

DC said if shogun wins his next fight, he could be a potential opponent, that's not picking and choosing because gus deserves fuck all. There's no clear challenger in the weight class, glover just got his ass handed to him by corey anderson.

would be absolutely hilarious if DC vacates and oezdemir ko's gus

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Him having 2 titles doesn't make him any less of a cherry picker right now. Yeah DC is great, he is the legitimate HW title holder and he holds the best LHW fighter outside of Jones belt but that doesn't mean that he isn't cherry picking right now.

His high horse approach towards Gus, just doesn't have the same effect for me in this current situation. Would've held much more weight a few months ago. Besides, it really doesn't make sense to call out Gus for refusing to fight Smith when Gus wants to fight better fighters.

I would love for the Volkan vs Gus fight to happen - that's a great fight with two fighters at the top of the division. Not Gus vs some middleweight that KO'd a few grandpas. Why bother with Smith? He wins and people will say "ah yeah of course Gus smacks around that nobody".

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
no if he fights smith people would say "omg gus is actually fighting again? i thought he was retired!!"

corey anderson can ask for a shot too, he's been more active and is on the same winning streak gus is on while beating the same level of guys.

if gus fights one of oezdmir/rockhold/yoel and wins, he has every right to call for a title shot, but as of this moment he can't be ducking 3 fighters while calling for a HW title shot when DC has a broken hand.

Last edited:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Has Gus turned down Volkan or Rockhold? Nope, DC was even on his nuts when he called out Rockhold because it wasn't the right time :lol:

You may not like Gus for whatever reason, but the guy has fought the best of the best and gave the best LHW ever in Jones a crazy close fight - he's not afraid of competition and he didn't turn down fighters that were actually on his level.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
gus is the fourth best fighter in lhw ever possibly. roid jones and hw dc are equal. lhw dc is slightly below roid jones because dc doesnt juice. dont let his physique fool you but he is natural as far as his mma career is concerned. barnatt and rothwell have popped. just saying and I love DC. Below these two aka jones and dc, we have rumble and then probably gus. I still think prime machida, prime shogun and prime rampage can beat gus. it's a 50 50 fight especially rampage has a good chance of beating gus. Gus simply struggles against any athletic black fighter with power. machida can outclass him over a 5 round fight and Evan's being the weakest of the three still has a decent chance because he was powerful and fast at his peak. Evan's beat a weaker version of rampage hence I put rampage above Evans in terms of legendary status.

as for gus. he isnt afraid of anyone in this division except probably dc and definitely rumble if he ever comes back.

bellator has some good fighters. honestly I am not too sure If gus beats Bader?? iirc gus also lost to davis. davis could beat hin again.

bader vs gus. who wins that?