Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
http://www.thetimes.co.za/Sport/Article.aspx?id=763578

Bayern make Gattuso offer
AFP Published:May 09, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BERLIN - German champions Bayern Munich are reported to have offered Italian World Cup winner Gennaro Gattuso a contract worth six million euros per year to leave AC Milan, it was reported here yesterday.

German tabloid Bild say Bayern have offered the midfielder, who has one of the most powerful shots in the world, a four-year deal.

Gattuso has been at AC for nine years and is under contract until 2011, but new Bayern coach Jurgen Klinsmann, who takes over from Ottmar Hitzfeld on July 1, is said to have the Italian on his wish list.

“I like Gattuso a lot,” Bayern president Franz Beckenbauer was quoted as saying in Bild.

“He could become an important element of Bayern’s team in the Champions League next season, it would be perfect.”

Bayern were crowned Bundesliga champions last Sunday and are looking to strengthen their squad ahead of next season’s Champions League campaign.

Bollocks.

I'm all for selling players who're starting to look past it, but I don't think Rino is. He may not have had a great season, but I reckon it's because he's played too many games and never been allowed the time to rest and reach peak fitness.

Gattuso #8

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
well I remember when rino said that this won't be another shevchenko story, and rino always keeps his promises, he doesn't look like a liar, plus just because we sign flamini doesn't mean that we have to sell maybe the best DM in the world, sell emerson or brocchi, then we'll have flamini, ambro, rino and emerson

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gattuso #8 said:
well I remember when rino said that this won't be another shevchenko story, and rino always keeps his promises, he doesn't look like a liar, plus just because we sign flamini doesn't mean that we have to sell maybe the best DM in the world, sell emerson or brocchi, then we'll have flamini, ambro, rino and emerson

Surely it all depends on whether the club wants him to stay? Regardless of whether he wants to stay or not, the club has to get rid if they feel he's past his best.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
yonggoh said:
Really? whens the last time you remember him nail one in from long range

Aye I know, seems strange that that's the first thing they can think to say about Rino. Journalists the world over know fuck all about football.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
I don't want Rino to leave Milan but if he was to leave for Bayern as it is written in a lot of newspapers, I expect to get Lucio in return and not Sagnol as it is mention :rolleyes:

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Edi said:
I don't want Rino to leave Milan but if he was to leave for Bayern as it is written in a lot of newspapers, I expect to get Lucio in return and not Sagnol as it is mention :rolleyes:

That would be absolutely horrendous.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
I hope he won't leave. He is true rossonero and imho most of those rumors are BS.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
dev1L said:
2 years ago..

After eight years at Milan, I do not see any other way but to finish my career at this club

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/6059602.stm

That was just a nice way of saying, "If I ever do leave Milan, it certainly won't be to come back to you, you filthy, bigoted scum." ;)

I know we all like to see Rino as a bit different, but footballers come out with that sort of pish all the time.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

vashil

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona,Nesta,Sheva,Pirlo, Gattuso,Crespo,Riquelme, Sneijder,Sergio Ramos,Beck,aguero
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
if Gattuso wants to leave... so be it... i have no loyalties towards players & i hope his career follows that of Shevchenko at Chelsea...

given a choice... i definitely want him to stay... but if the rumours about him already acceptin' terms with Bayern... then he better leaves...

that fuckin' Beckenbauer annoys me more each day... who does he think he is? poachin' our players & wantin' to give us their rejects...

i hope the management play hard ball and demand Ribery & Lahm... if Bayern wants one of our key player... we should demand another key player of theirs... not Sagnol the rubbish...
if his career follow the one of sheva... then he will be last player milan ever sold... as no team would buy from us again....lol

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
that fuckin' Beckenbauer annoys me more each day... who does he think he is? poachin' our players & wantin' to give us their rejects...

Should you not be annoyed at Milan instead for not telling him to fuck right off?

As much as I think Beckenbauer's a bit of a wanker, it seems to me that he's just doing his job. Would you complain about Berlusconi and Galliani going after the best players available and trying to offload unneeded players?

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Didnt really think Gattuso would leave milan, but it looks like its going to happen. I think its good from a practical point of view, cos Gattuso was nothing if not physically dominating on the pitch. At 31 next year, he doesnt have much more to give physically, so we are coming off better in the deal, as long as we can get them to include Lahm or even Lell in the deal. Just no Sagnol.

Terrible terrible move from an emotional point of view though :(

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:
Didnt really think Gattuso would leave milan, but it looks like its going to happen. I think its good from a practical point of view, cos Gattuso was nothing if not physically dominating on the pitch. At 31 next year, he doesnt have much more to give physically, so we are coming off better in the deal, as long as we can get them to include Lahm or even Lell in the deal. Just no Sagnol.

Well i agree. Well but you know how Galliani and co have a fetish for players over 30 so i think we would end up with Sagnol. I think its really stupid considering the potential of other players we could include in the deal like the want-away Lahm or maybe Ribery.

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seems that every Milan player that commits himself at us for the rest of his career, leaves after some seasons. Those who were always doubting their stay here, are still here.
Sheva mentioned million times that he wants to end his career here.... same for Gattuso, who's next? Did Kaka also said that?

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Milan can't let him go. :eek: If they do, who'll be the one to fire up the rest of the squad on the pitch and in the locker room? Answer, no one! There's only one Rino and even though he hasn't had the best of seasons (can say that about most of the squad), Milan can't let him go. Surely whatever is bothering Rino, it can be worked out.
Please don't go Rino! :(

inomilan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
i hope Rino stays, but i do agree that if he has to go, we need to include Lahm in the deal or else, no deal, especially if Sagnol's coming

Last edited:

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
With the way things are looking, there is a good possibility of this Gattuso-Sagnol swap. And if Milan f*cks up like this, it'll be hard to watch their games next season, as a deal like that is repulsive to say the least.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Bes said:
Seems that every Milan player that commits himself at us for the rest of his career, leaves after some seasons. Those who were always doubting their stay here, are still here.
Sheva mentioned million times that he wants to end his career here.... same for Gattuso, who's next? Did Kaka also said that?

Yes he did.

I still refuse to believe any of this... Maybe I'm just in denial but i really dont think he'll leave...

And a rino-sagnol swap has to be one of the most ******** things i have ever heard. Milans management should be penciled in for a visit from the angel of death if they do that.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Gettin Flamini got nothin 2 do with Gatu wanting 2 leave , if its true.
Its just an excuse 4 Gatu after all his talk that he wanna stay with Milan.
Loyalty is overrated , I v said that all the time & he just dont wanna b called what he called Sheva 2 years ago.
Players should compete 4 their starting place & Gatu should fight 4 it not 2 b granted by a pussy 4 a coach.
All of that if indeed he want 2 leave & then I wouldnt mind but I will ask him 2 b honest @ least & that we get good money 4 him.
Torre might b sold @ Barca so even if Gatu wouldnt wanna leave I would b happy if we sell Gatu + get Torre which I think would do us much better.
That being said , if he stays I wont b sad @ all.

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It seems to be true...where theres smoke theres fire.

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=689408

I'm surprised that he's leaving/wants to leave. :conf:

Is it the money we gave to Flamini or that we bought Flamini & he doesn't want to fight for a spot?

He should challange Flamini & himself to keep his spot if that's what he's worried about. Not just leave like a whimp as it appears.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Wild said:
Gettin Flamini got nothin 2 do with Gatu wanting 2 leave , if its true.
Actually it does. Flamini was a perfect Rino replacement, we got him, Rino can leave now, as stated before we got him. And I really don't see anything wrong with that, if we would have done the same with Sheva 2 years ago (buying a good player, not Oli) before he ended with us, it would have been the smartest move instead of making a panic buy.

And please no Sagnol nor Lucio both suck the same.

Good luck to Rino if the news are for real.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Mr. Anonymous said:
Is it the money we gave to Flamini or that we bought Flamini & he doesn't want to fight for a spot?

He should challange Flamini & himself to keep his spot if that's what he's worried about. Not just leave like a whimp as it appears.
He wanted to leave before, it's not the fighting for the spot (nor is because of Flamini's salary). The management knew that, we got in contact with Flamini, and made a smart move.

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
crazy4milan said:
He wanted to leave before, it's not the fighting for the spot (nor is because of Flamini's salary). The management knew that, we got in contact with Flamini, and made a smart move.

So what you're saying is that management knowing Gattuso wanted out went out and signed Flamini.

Interesting...I never knew Gattuso wanted out at this point of his career at Milan. He was going to be captain, and have some serious clout/influence on the team.

I hope Milan somehow manages to keep him for at least one more season to easy Flamini's intergation on to the team.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
crazy4milan said:
Actually it does. Flamini was a perfect Rino replacement, we got him, Rino can leave now, as stated before we got him. And I really don't see anything wrong with that, if we would have done the same with Sheva 2 years ago (buying a good player, not Oli) before he ended with us, it would have been the smartest move instead of making a panic buy.

And please no Sagnol nor Lucio both suck the same.

Good luck to Rino if the news are for real.
My point is that if its true then he wanted 2 leave regardless of us signing Flamini.
The news I v read suggest that Gatu wanna leave coz we got Flamini.
I always thought we could do better than Gatu but of course that isnt hot news since I think we can do better with half our squad. :D

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I think that the fact that all of the sudden a friend of Gattuso tells a newspapper that his friend wants to leave, Seedorf stating something like "there are external issues that are not too easy to handle", Kaka saying things like that too (in other words: it has been something that has been talked inside the team)...for me, Gattuso knew he wanted out before any interest on Flamini came.

It's still all an uncertainty...and at the Rino might want to stay, but for now, that's how I see this situation.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Wild said:
I always thought we could do better than Gatu but of course that isnt hot news since I think we can do better with half our squad. :D
You forgot to say "Forza Juve" :o

j/k :D

Schedule