Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Thread

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Another thread that was lost.

Pierre-Emerick is on loan at Lille and started their game at the weekend away at l'OM. A very impressive feat considering he was playing in our Primavera 18 months ago.

joueur_2449.jpg

Full name Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Date of birth June 18, 1989 (1989-06-18) (age 20)
Place of birth Paris, France
Height 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
World soccer magazine profiles him and Edin Hazard as 'young talent to watch'. Hazard got the large profile as he's already recognized as the next big thing (ligue 1 young player of year at 18). Lille is a good club, for aubemayang to grow at.... we should really try to get an option on hazard though.... kid will be a world beater, look him up!

(Edit: about Eden Hazard: http://www.imscouting.com/global_news_item.aspx?id=2064

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Another thread that was lost.

Pierre-Emerick is on loan at Lille and started their game at the weekend away at l'OM. A very impressive feat considering he was playing in our Primavera 18 months ago.

joueur_2449.jpg

Full name Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Date of birth June 18, 1989 (1989-06-18) (age 20)
Place of birth Paris, France
Height 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)

i think he'll be really good in the future, him, paloschi and pato will be the best strikeforce in the world in a few years.

pato--paloschi--aubameyang

although his hair looks rather gay, i think

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
I have good hopes for Pierre (NOT for Willy!!), and even better hopes for Paloschi of course...

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
we should really try to get an option on hazard though.... kid will be a world beater, look him up!

(Edit: about Eden Hazard: http://www.imscouting.com/global_news_item.aspx?id=2064

But in fact it is Lille who have an option on Aubemayang. :proud: Not learning anything from the loss of Gourcuff, G agreed a loan with option to buy deal for Aubemayang, lets see if he does a Gourcuff and we lose another promising young player.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
But in fact it is Lille who have an option on Aubemayang. :proud: Not learning anything from the loss of Gourcuff, G agreed a loan with option to buy deal for Aubemayang, lets see if he does a Gourcuff and we lose another promising young player.

Aubameyang.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
He played 75 minutes for Gabon against Cameroon today, currently 2-0 to Cameroon.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
He played in Lille's draw at Lens today. He's played 7 games for Lille already, being used as a wide forward on both sides of a 4-3-3.

I wonder how much Lille's option to buy is for.... it had better be something close to €10m.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Galliani meets Monaco for Pierre Aubameyang 06/30/2010

Galliani meets Monaco for Pierre Aubameyang

06/30/2010 20:30 by Matthew Calcagni

Pierre Aubameyang (21), after the experience at Lille, could pursue his career in France, Monaco destination. During today, as reported by Sky Sports, Galliani and Braida met with the leadership of the trans club at the restaurant "Giannino, laying the groundwork for a transfer of the young striker on loan from Gabon in the Principality.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
He did alright the few games I've watched him. Had a pretty decent run with the Gabon NT too. He's definitely not Milan quality, but I'd rather have him playing in a wide position than someone like Hunter.

Sarcasm? Not really ... IMO, he's reasonably quick, has decent pace as a well as shooting range (from distance), and seems to be more technical ... so definitely a much better wide forward than Hunter.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Huntelaar is no wide forward at all, Mad Dog (can I call you Mad Dog? It ALWAYS pops in me up, because of your avatar obviously). So it's not very difficult to be a better wide forward than Huntelaar is. But is Pierre-Emerick decent enough for an AC Milan squad player? I don't know, since I am not the right one to judge.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
If you want. I like dogs and don't find it offensive ... unless it has some racist implications :mad: :D

No. I don't think he's Milan quality. But that has changed ... hasn't it? The definition of Milan quality? I mean, nowadays, a 22 year old wide player from a relegated Torino side walks into our starting lineup's defense :rolleyes:

With the assumption that we keep the setup we used last season - I mean, Dinho has to be accommodated because he is Dinho :star: - then our current squad lacks wide forwards, and has an excess of CFs. All of Pato, Hunter, Bori and Pippo can lead the line, yet only Pato and Dinho are good enough to be wide forwards.

So, if we keep this system, then yes ... I'd rather have Pierre in the squad than Hunter. Only because we'll have more options in the wide areas than having to bear see Hunter on the right again. I think Pierre would do a better job on the right.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If you want. I like dogs and don't find it offensive ... unless it has some racist implications :mad: :D
:D

No, that would not be me to do so. Also it wasn't sarcasm when I congratz'd you a day or two ago.
No. I don't think he's Milan quality. But that has changed ... hasn't it? The definition of Milan quality? I mean, nowadays, a 22 year old wide player from a relegated Torino side walks into our starting lineup's defense :rolleyes:
From what I know about him, which isn't too much, he didn't seem to be Milan quality (yet?). Though he is still only 21 years old. Can he still turn into something decent? And yes, :cry:, being Milan quality gets easier with the day.
With the assumption that we keep the setup we used last season - I mean, Dinho has to be accommodated because he is Dinho :star: - then our current squad lacks wide forwards, and has an excess of CFs. All of Pato, Hunter, Bori and Pippo can lead the line, yet only Pato and Dinho are good enough to be wide forwards.
We have indeed a huge lack of wide forwards. I've been wanting some wide player for our club a long time now! So maybe Pierre-Emerick might be to consider because of this all. But we really should fish for something better. But with our management? We're most likely fishing for old shoes. :proud:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
:D

No, that would not be me to do so. Also it wasn't sarcasm when I congratz'd you a day or two ago.
Thanks.
From what I know about him, which isn't too much, he didn't seem to be Milan quality (yet?). Though he is still only 21 years old. Can he still turn into something decent? And yes, :cry:, being Milan quality gets easier with the day.
I really don't know how good he'll end up being. He's the better brother, and has looked decent when called upon by Gabon. He definitely has a lot of improving to do before being a top player for a top club. Thats for sure.
We have indeed a huge lack of wide forwards. I've been wanting some wide player for our club a long time now! So maybe Pierre-Emerick might be to consider because of this all. But we really should fish for something better. But with our management? We're most likely fishing for old shoes. :proud:
You know, even when we were the best side in Europe last decade, we didn't have dedicated wide players other than Serginho. One or two is plenty as long as you have the quality in the center, and more importantly, real quality fullbacks.

IMO, this is the football model I think we should adopt. We don't need dedicated wide forwards especially if we have a player like Pato, who can drift wide (esp. on the left like we saw two seasons ago) should we need to spread our play.

That said, Pierre by no means is a quality wide forward ... from the little I've seen. Just think he'll do a better job out wide than Hunter, and hence would be better for our squad should we persist with our current setup.

Can't wait to see how Allegri lines us up.

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
I don't know much about Monaco, but it's safe to assume he'll find more playing time there than he did at Lille.

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not sure if anybody cares though, but Pierre started and scored for Monaco in a 2-2 draw against Lens today.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good. Milan can made decent money selling him next summer...

masterofnaiads

Drummer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zidane, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Rivaldo, Kaka, Forlan, Cocu, Riquelme, Cafu
or we could just keep him... :p

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Good. Milan can made decent money selling him next summer...
I'm not sure about the following information, but I think that these is already a clause(price set) in the contract for him. Not sure though.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Why sell? He's showed more promise than Borriello ever did and Borri didn't turn out too bd for us.....Nothing lost and too much to gain if we give him a shot.

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's too early for me to think about selling or keeping. He's 21, probably not going to be a "star" but neither are most of the players we're using right now, and there are plenty of late bloomers when it comes to strikers.

Anyway, I'm just happy he's getting starting time and scoring goals doesn't hurt. Hopefully by the end of the season we have a lot more information on him in terms of his quality if he continues to start. Let's face it Ligue 1 isn't amazing, but there are a few decent teams, and consistent scoring would be a very welcome sign.

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like he switched from Monaco to Saint-Étienne

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He only managed to score 4 goals and 3 assists from 33 appearances (8 times as substitute) in Ligue 1. In addition he played 3 games in Coupe de la Ligue and 1 in Coupe de France (both without goal and assist). Totally he played 2538 minutes.

diehardmilanist

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Saint-Ettiene played a friendly today against Arles Avignon, a side who were relegated the previous season from Ligue 1, and Aubameyang scored two goals in his side's 3-1 win, the first one in the 17' and the second one in the 30' :)

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I remember first seeing this guy in some Youth cup, possibly Viareggio. He scored some exquisite lob from some crazy angle and I've quietly been a fan ever since.