Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Who is the coach u have in mind?

Did chelsea really sack sarri?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just rumors from Gazzetta and Sportmediaset saying they are sacking Sarri. So probably not happening.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Sarri with the most predictable 4-3-3 on the planet, with the same subs every game.

Hard pass.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I understand that you judge Rino primarily on the results. I can see why under that point of view you're in favor of keeping him or at least not seeing this season as a failure if we don't manage to achieve CL.

But for us who don't want to continue with Rino it's because we don't look only on the results but also on how we obtained those and how we gave away too many of them. We look how this team plays and if it's making the right steps in the right direction.

Many of those wins were obtained in unnecessary extremis due to insufficent match preparation, lack of tactical awareness and errors when picking the starting line-up or executing the right substitutions at the right time. Many of those wins looked exactely like our losses or draws of recent weeks with the only difference that in those wins players like Donnarumma or Romagnoli saved our asses or kept us in the games by pulling out some incredible saves or tackles. On paper we look like defensively we're more stable as numbers don't lie. In real life tho we look as shaky as in recent years but with even less offensive output.

That being said literally no one is asking to beat Juve or Napoli on a regular base. We're not delusional. But all those h2h-statistic doen't help us in the slightiest way if we end up being 5th with 1 point behind those teams. Because if you look at our games, especially those against the lower half of the table and without taking the endresult into consideration (well, actually even with the endresult taken into consideration), there is only little you can save or applaude Gattuso for. Those were the games who probably cost us CL. And with a proper coach, those were very winable.

That's why we say we can't continue with Gattuso if we want to see a different and more successfull style of football.

I'm not quite sure which of my points you were addressing with all this, but some assumptions are wrong.

Firstly, I think Gattuso should leave. He has a contract, so he has every right to wait to be fired, and he should do that. This is because I don't think it's a good idea for a manager to work at a high expectations club like Milan when the back office execs evidently don't see him as their ideal pick.

So I do want the manager to change.

Besides this, I don't agree with most things you've said. Milan have played good football occasionally this season but we've always had to pull back and be pragmatic due to various reasons - injury, defensive lapses, player problems. Most managers would've done the same. With the hand that he has been dealt, Gattuso has done as good a job as most managers in the league would do. Of course he's no Pep or Conte or Klopp - but Milan can't really afford those managers and their projects these days.

Someone brought up the fact that we are apparently poor against the top 8, which is why I said we seem to have the head to head against everyone in the top 6 except against Juve, Napoli and Inter. Which is really the level of our squad. Lazio and Roma both have arguably better squads than us and had more continuity, yet we are probably going to finish ahead of them this season. That is a successful season for me and 4th place will undoubtedly make it a successful season for everyone in the club hierarchy.

Regardless, to come back to where I started, Gattuso should go because there are other issues at play. We need to get a manager whom Gazidis and Leonardo have faith in.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
:g: apprentice reports to no one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what might eventually get him fired. Gordon obviously trusts Gazidis and he's undoubtedly top dog at Milan.

Rhat

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Sarri with the most predictable 4-3-3 on the planet, with the same subs every game.

Hard pass.

Perfect for the upcoming seasons as we can't afford a good 21 men squad with flexible players.

He will get the best of few, this is exactly what we need.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Kai Havertz - was over at yt listening to Joe Rogan and one video led to another and ended up watching this upcoming kid.

He can play where suso does or AM.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Like the third time this week I see players arguing and the referee comes in to calm the situation down instead og giving a yellow card for nothing like that cunt did to Åaqueta.

This time they even clashed heads eith eachother while arguing, Paq did nothing

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Kai Havertz
He can play where suso does or AM.

He's a gem but no way we can get him. Some EPL teams (Chelsea/Utd/probably more) and Bayern are after him for big money.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He's a gem but no way we can get him. Some EPL teams (Chelsea/Utd/probably more) and Bayern are after him for big money.

Pingu, he is 19, how much big money we talking abt? Im guessing Tonali type money... thats perfectly fine by me. If we cant spend 80M+ on established names then the only other way is to spend 35M+ on up and coming names.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Pingu, he is 19, how much big money we talking abt? Im guessing Tonali type money... thats perfectly fine by me. If we cant spend 80M+ on established names then the only other way is to spend 35M+ on up and coming names.

Didn't you say established names cost 100+ and 80M is fine for SMS, or do you consider him an established player?

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we seem to have the head to head against everyone in the top 6 except against Juve, Napoli and Inter. Which is really the level of our squad. Lazio and Roma both have arguably better squads than us and had more continuity, yet we are probably going to finish ahead of them this season. That is a successful season for me and 4th place will undoubtedly make it a successful season for everyone in the club hierarchy.

:thumbsup::star::star: I had similar post few weeks ago. We did overtake Roma and Lazio in standings, compared to last years where we were ~10 points behind them. Ppl here seem to ignore that fact
You can say they got worse but you simply can't look at it only that way. Maybe we got better, maybe weaker teams got better... in any case Roma and Lazio were alot better than us for years..

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
How do Roma and Lazio have better squads than us? The fact that many our players are playing like shit doesnt mean their squad is better. Imagine Roma or Lazio players swapped with Milan players. You think they'd perform the same?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Didn't you say established names cost 100+ and 80M is fine for SMS, or do you consider him an established player?

I said 80 for SMS and most of you guys started crying and pulling yr hair out... saying 80 is too high for a single player, if you cry at 80 wonder wot you'll do at 100.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
I said 80 for SMS and most of you guys started crying and pulling yr hair out... saying 80 is too high for a single player, if you cry at 80 wonder wot you'll do at 100.

how does our crying affect the prices tho :proud:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
@#15713

Have you started yr own post boosting?

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
In case anyone gives a fuck, I will be visiting Elliott HQ in Manhattan USA this AM

Anything you want me to ask?

Congo- I will visit their satellite offices in London in late nov

284384c0e7fa1b6fc4293bb5d9a6386d.jpg

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great, here he comes...

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mustve been tough negotiations with necro... but, bully for you.

Necro is one tough son of a bitch

I’ve thrown him so much hush money and he had never flinched

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
thank god I Uber’d And didn’t Blade it back to la guardia

Helicopter crashed in the Hudson today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule