Week 20: Milan vs Crotone - Saturday 6/1/2018 15:00 CET

Asterix

Primavera
Reaction score
Silva deserves a start. He never got the chance like Kalinic had and i doubt he would have done worse if it was vice versa.

Silva for the first 11.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Match day! Forza Milan!

Possible line up per acmilanswiss on IG:

Dollar; RR, Our Ale :love: , Bon-bon, Calabria; Bona, Monty, Kessie; Hakan, Cutrone, Suso

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Silva deserves a start. He never got the chance like Kalinic had and i doubt he would have done worse if it was vice versa.

Silva for the first 11.

I agree

Look at the games both played and Silva deserves a final chance.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
@Guillaumemp
Donnarumma; De Sciglio, Paletta, Romagnoli, Abate ; Sosa, Locatelli, Pasalic ; Suso, Lapadula, Niang.

This was the line up last year vs Crotone. What a difference a year makes eh...

where were milan last season in the standings?

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
If they don't win today this club better go down to Serie B then.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
We really need to be putting 3 or 4 past Crotone today. Start the year and second half of the season with real intent(wake up AC Milan)

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes because we always see players grow the most while sitting on the bench. :lol:

I`m not saying hes good but benching any player and saying that will help him develop is a stretch.

He needs to understand scoring a winner alone won't earn him a spot in the starting XI. Bench him and use him at the right time will help him grow mentally stronger.

Sir you're so difficult and tedious with words lol, same goes to the people who appreciate what you said. Take it easy.

Good luck to the team today nevertheless.

Asterix

Primavera
Reaction score
No Silva however...

26167747_10155079725981937_7322924789610289458_n.jpg

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
We need to start this year off with a string of wins....

it could really turn round our season... forza milan

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Why would you want Silva over Cutrone?

Time to give him a real chance. Cutrone is a gem but when he starts he has little to no impact on most occasions, we’ve given him plenty of opportunities. Same with Kalinic both have had many opportunities to prove themselves in Serie A where Silva has had very limited opportunities to start. He always comes on when there is no flow to the game (most of our performances have no flow) and usually has between 10-15 mins to show something.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Best possible lineup by Rino :thumbsup: Hakan over Borini is a no-brainer in a 4-3-3.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Silva undoubtedly talented.
But the issue is not technical here, mybe it has to do with attitude or relationship.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Time to give him a real chance. Cutrone is a gem but when he starts he has little to no impact on most occasions, we’ve given him plenty of opportunities. Same with Kalinic both have had many opportunities to prove themselves in Serie A where Silva has had very limited opportunities to start. He always comes on when there is no flow to the game (most of our performances have no flow) and usually has between 10-15 mins to show something.

Silva has started 4 times in Serie A. He has never shown the slightest sign of quality.

Cutrone has started 5 times in Serie A (3 of those in the first 3 matches) and done far better. 2 goals and 1 assist as well only from those starts.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I too wanted Silva to start this. I don't understand how he's going to turn it around in the league if he never plays. Today we face a shit team at our home stadium on a run of "good" form. Perfect time to give him a boost.

But it is of course understandable that Cutrone is given the nod.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@Guillaumemp
Donnarumma; De Sciglio, Paletta, Romagnoli, Abate ; Sosa, Locatelli, Pasalic ; Suso, Lapadula, Niang.

This was the line up last year vs Crotone. What a difference a year makes eh...

This year formation looks alot stronger, i cant understand why we are so bad.

We really need a decent LW now, and perhaps Pasalic saved us few times with his goals

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Silva is talented but he never show a good linkage with the others on the pitch. he is trying to play like Kalinic who is far better than him as pivot Striker. So I think he should build some automatism with Cutrone to force a 2 Strikers formation.
And I repeat stop telling guys to shoot everytime they see oponents net (It may take some time). I will always pointing the Merda goal opportunity as an example for what is missing in Milan attacking play (that pass from icardi to juao mario bross) -> we don't give the ball to others even when they are in better position to score. Cutrone, Silva or Kalinic would have score more than what they have now.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Silva has started 4 times in Serie A. He has never shown the slightest sign of quality.

Cutrone has started 5 times in Serie A (3 of those in the first 3 matches) and done far better. 2 goals and 1 assist as well only from those starts.

Two games Silva started were against Inter (where he hit the post) and Roma (he was good against them) so not really the same opportunities that were handed to Kalinic and Cutrone to be fair.

Last edited:

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You ppl that want Silva to get a chance and start, pls remember that Cutrone earned his starts by making an impact on the game when he came on late, or he even scored as a late substitute.
Silva never did that, when he enters nothing happens, our game doesnt improve at all

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Thats a fucking grear line up. Though i would like cutrone as super sub
He always bully tired defender with his physical strength and excellent positioning

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You ppl that want Silva to get a chance and start, pls remember that Cutrone earned his starts by making an impact on the game when he came on late, or he even scored as a late substitute.
Silva never did that, when he enters nothing happens, our game doesnt improve at all

Yeah fair enough, however Cutrone in majority of the games he’s started in hasn’t done much at all. When he does come on he has a big impact and in our last game against Fiorentina he was a ghost again when starting. Why not give Silva a chance and let Cutrone come on as the super sub again? We’re playing a team that’s having a relegation battle and our season in Serie A is done. Give the kid a real go and let’s see what he’s made of.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, good point. I believe, somewhere between your and my post we can find a reason why Kalinic is usually a starting. Our younger attackers are far from consistent enough.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
I dont expect any result from this season.

The only thing i want is our team to play like how we play in pre season until that collapse against lazio. We showed character, intensity and actually show something