The Rumour Commode XVIII

Will the sale be officialized in this edition of the Commode?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
SMH. Fanboyism should be punishable by a dick slap. These last few pages were painful to read.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
I don't recall this ever happening with Niang, I could be wrong but he has sat the bench before and never asked to leave milan always fought to stay here (rejected Leicester for example). He's only asked to be loaned once.

Another reason why we love him :thumbsup:

Torino reject €65m from Arsenal for Belotti.

Arsenal deny even making the bid for this dude :lol: ... for that amount of money they can get World Class forwards.

ANd the modern day italian players mainly flop in the EPL anyways :lol:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
i have seen only 3 players play like that and so mature in such a young age against Real Madrid.

him, pato and r9

I'd like to add this dude to the list.

The way he took the 3rd goal was amazing.

Capellos reaction after one of the goals tells you everything :lol:

Last edited:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Alfredo Pedulla says Milan really like Gabbiadini, but Napoli want to sell out abroad. Also it would have to be someone like Niang that needs to be sold.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Stats since last season:

Suso: 1690 minutes: 5 goals, 7 assists = a goal or assist every 141 minutes.
Niang: 2524 minutes, 11 goals, 8 assists = a goal or assist every 133 minutes.
Bacca: 4700 minutes, 27 goals, 6 assists = a goal or assist every 142 minutes.

Facts are facts.

Why are you not including Suso's numbers from Genoa if it's since last season?

In Serie A:

Suso: 2749 minutes: 11 goals(0 from PKs), 7 assists = a g/a every 152 mins

Niang: 2275 minutes: 8 goals(3 from PKs), 6 assists = a g/a every 162 mins. 207 mins if you exclude PK goals.

Niang's numbers wouldn't be that bad either if you don't contextualize it.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@Deulufoeueue

Barca coaches gave up on him because of his attitude.
Emery gave up on him(at Sevilla) because of his attitude.
Koeman(at Everton) gave up on him because of his attitude.

R Martinez is the only coach who could manage him, somewhat, but not to an extent of fixing Deu's issues.

I'm all for loaning him though, and hopefully Montella can be like Martinez for him, or even better.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Looks like we are really set for a quiet mercato. I hope we at least get rid of a couple of players.

I would like to see Vangioni, Honda, Poli follow Luiz Adriano out this January.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If only 5 or 6 teams could come from Europe, this would stagnate the development of a lot of teams. You're talking about quality, but the current system ensures that some of the best teams (I think Africa is the one that gets the worst treatment under this system) never get to the World Cup because the qualification process is so cut-throat.

Look at Egypt. Between 2006 and 2010 they won every African Cup, but didn't qualify for the WC. It wasn't a lack of quality, it was them being literally tied with Algeria for the 2010 World Cup and had to go to an extra special game to see who would go in. For the 2006 cup, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, and Egypt were all in the same group. People who say Egypt weren't a worthy team forget that in the 2009 Confederations Cup, Egypt did very well. Sure, they did not progress, but they beat Italy, and they deserved to have beaten Brazil before a massive injury crisis led them to lose to a US team they should have beaten.

The comparison between nations and clubs isn't exactly accurate. International tournaments allow there to be exposure of players who wouldn't normally get attention. These teams don't get to practice every day, they are national teams. There are small teams that have improved, even on the club level.

Think of Mourinho's Porto, they won the CL even though they did not have anywhere close to the budget or development of larger clubs. They went up against a Monaco team led by Morientes in the final. Last year in the EL, Molde, a tiny club, beat out Celtic, Ajax, and Fenerbache, which can't be overlooked. They were unlucky to have met Sevilla in the first knockout round, who went on to win the EL. The showing of Iceland in the Euros, also underlines the benefit of expanding the field. Albania's showing in those same Euros also showed that through proper team building and coaching (Biasi was named a candidate for Italy's job) can make teams do very well. Albania were unlucky to get knocked out in the group.

The major problem with the CL recently has been Italian absences of Milan and Inter, honestly. The destruction of Valencia hasn't helped Spain, with Atletico's rise seemingly hitting a snag as they are stuttering a bit.

The expansion doesn't mean that you're going to lose Italy or Brazil from Word Cups, is just giving more opportunities for others to get in. The CL has recognized that just having smaller teams without your big clubs ruins the product, and so they have changed the rules accordingly.

- tbh I'm not happy with the current modus at Europeans, there are already too many teams for my taste. I liked the system before 2012 better than the current one . Quality and entertaining wise the best tournament I have ever seen in my live were the Europeans 2008.

- Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the type of football the "little nations" are showing. Iceland got hyped af but was basically another very defensive minded team which 1sr purpose was to destroy the game of the opponents - I personally didn't get why everybody fell in love with that. If it wa ms Italy olaying like that everybody would have been like "bohoo Italy playing catenaccio again". Same for Wales who basically depended on Bales genious, or Ireland. Oh and Albania imo is not that good, they were in the same grouo like Switzerland so I watched them very carefully and against Switzerland they played their best gane and it was neverthess very meh. Switzerland too played a very meh tournament. What I want to say: sure, we won't miss the big nations but with all the mediocre nations we get to see many meh games where teams go in with the purpose to find victory through defendinf because they don't have good enough players to compete attacking-wise with the big nations.

- NT are made up of the best players if it's country, for me NTs are very much about prestige, not a show-case for young talents or players who aren't in big clubs and want to prove themselfes . Maybe that explains to you why I'm not so much in to the idea of giving the little nations more room in big tournaments

- Yeah that weird 2004 where Greece won the Europeans with the ugliest football style that has ever existed and Monaco and Porto playing the CL finale also wirh very defensive minded teams. For me that was not a victory of the beauty of football

Look I completely understand where you're coming from but in this one we just start from two totally different point of view about this thematic so I feel like we'll have to agree to disagree

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
didnt-read.gif

Tasht

Dreamer!!!
Reaction score
- tbh I'm not happy with the current modus at Europeans, there are already too many teams for my taste. I liked the system before 2012 better than the current one . Quality and entertaining wise the best tournament I have ever seen in my live were the Europeans 2008.

- Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the type of football the "little nations" are showing. Iceland got hyped af but was basically another very defensive minded team which 1sr purpose was to destroy the game of the opponents - I personally didn't get why everybody fell in love with that. If it wa ms Italy olaying like that everybody would have been like "bohoo Italy playing catenaccio again". Same for Wales who basically depended on Bales genious, or Ireland. Oh and Albania imo is not that good, they were in the same grouo like Switzerland so I watched them very carefully and against Switzerland they played their best gane and it was neverthess very meh. Switzerland too played a very meh tournament. What I want to say: sure, we won't miss the big nations but with all the mediocre nations we get to see many meh games where teams go in with the purpose to find victory through defendinf because they don't have good enough players to compete attacking-wise with the big nations.

- NT are made up of the best players if it's country, for me NTs are very much about prestige, not a show-case for young talents or players who aren't in big clubs and want to prove themselfes . Maybe that explains to you why I'm not so much in to the idea of giving the little nations more room in big tournaments

- Yeah that weird 2004 where Greece won the Europeans with the ugliest football style that has ever existed and Monaco and Porto playing the CL finale also wirh very defensive minded teams. For me that was not a victory of the beauty of football

Look I completely understand where you're coming from but in this one we just start from two totally different point of view about this thematic so I feel like we'll have to agree to disagree

Ok, lets make it clear:

-If you are looking for quality alone then this new format most likely will have a bad effect on the early stages in the tournament.

-If you are talking about football in general, this you must take in consideration that it's a world cup where everybody must participate, including smaller nations.

Point is, in Europe, with exception to Germany and Spain most teams are almost in the same level, more or less, so if you want to give more famous/popular nations a place in the world cup you have to expand it, because realistically there are between 10 to 16 European teams who have quality and deserve to be in the WC.

On the other hand there still 5 other continents, they must be represented, so what should they do, just increase the quota for Europe on the expense of the other nations and just make Latino-European cup or they increase the slots for every body including Europe!

They went to the second option which also guarantee more money and votes (probably their real motive).

You (and basically any neutral football fan) would prefer quality over any other factors, and while this makes sense it might destroy the core idea of the WC!

One last note, the second option guarantee more money and as a matter of fact, in this world money has the last say in every single aspect.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Ok, lets make it clear:

-If you are looking for quality alone then this new format most likely will have a bad effect on the early stages in the tournament.

-If you are talking about football in general, this you must take in consideration that it's a world cup where everybody must participate, including smaller nations.

Point is, in Europe, with exception to Germany and Spain most teams are almost in the same level, more or less, so if you want to give more famous/popular nations a place in the world cup you have to expand it, because realistically there are between 10 to 16 European teams who have quality and deserve to be in the WC.

On the other hand there still 5 other continents, they must be represented, so what should they do, just increase the quota for Europe on the expense of the other nations and just make Latino-European cup or they increase the slots for every body including Europe!

They went to the second option which also guarantee more money and votes (probably their real motive).

You (and basically any neutral football fan) would prefer quality over any other factors, and while this makes sense it might destroy the core idea of the WC!

One last note, the second option guarantee more money and as a matter of fact, in this world money has the last say in every single aspect.

First of all: I'm aware that in the end money is what counts. While we discuss quality vs. variarity FIFA discusses money vs. even more money. That's the way it is

I also got your points, but IMO the Europeans or the World Cup doesn't only consist of the tournament but also of a 1.5 year long lasting qualifying stage before the tournament. IMO that's where every nation is represented, and it should be a huge burden to make it to the final tournament for every country in every continent. It's the tournament amongst the very best out of the best. This is not Olympia where "participating is all what matters". It's the exciting clash of the very best nations of the world. As a consequence there will always be nations who would deserve to participate but somehow they didn't make it through that (1.5 year long lasting) qualification round - that's what makes it to me even more exciting because those who participate are truly the best and watching the qualification games worthwile.

But it seems that the trend is to simply expand the number of participants until it's almost impossible to not qualify for the world cup / Europeans which makes that 1.5 year long lasting qualifying period pretty much irrelevant to me, at least in Europe.

All that said, I really don't know the system in other continents (Africa for example) and maybe those systems need a major overhaul. However the solution can't be "just make everyone participate the final tournament so we don't have to discuss the qualification system".

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
It's not gonna be pretty watching tahiti or fiji get proper destruction by giant nation.

We don't need remake of what happen to saudi arabia in 2002 and north korea in 2010

Tasht

Dreamer!!!
Reaction score
First of all: I'm aware that in the end money is what counts. While we discuss quality vs. variarity FIFA discusses money vs. even more money. That's the way it is

I also got your points, but IMO the Europeans or the World Cup doesn't only consist of the tournament but also of a 1.5 year long lasting qualifying stage before the tournament. IMO that's where every nation is represented, and it should be a huge burden to make it to the final tournament for every country in every continent. It's the tournament amongst the very best out of the best. This is not Olympia where "participating is all what matters". It's the exciting clash of the very best nations of the world. As a consequence there will always be nations who would deserve to participate but somehow they didn't make it through that (1.5 year long lasting) qualification round - that's what makes it to me even more exciting because those who participate are truly the best and watching the qualification games worthwile.

But it seems that the trend is to simply expand the number of participants until it's almost impossible to not qualify for the world cup / Europeans which makes that 1.5 year long lasting qualifying period pretty much irrelevant to me, at least in Europe.

All that said, I really don't know the system in other continents (Africa for example) and maybe those systems need a major overhaul. However the solution can't be "just make everyone participate the final tournament so we don't have to discuss the qualification system".

Sure this is not the solution, but who said they are looking for one, they look for money and votes and if there still room then football ;)

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bilic says Payet doesn't want to play for West Ham anymore... Man why wasn't the closing done in time for this market :mad:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
People are saying "oh, well look how well Iceland and Albania did!"

Yeah, fine, but they're European and anyone worth their salt knows that the Euros are generally higher quality than the World Cup...

I'm someone who'd rather have Milan and Liverpool in the CL group stage than PAOK and CFR Cluj.

Much in the same way, I'd want a tournament that isn't bloated, but has Wales and Switzerland taking part over Tahiti and Congo.

The World Cup should have the best national teams taking part, in my opinion. It's not a tournament to see how nice the South African vuvuzelas are and how nicely the Guatemalans play their castanets.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Paris Saint-Germain defender Thiago Silva admits “I left the door open” for a return to Milan one day.

The centre-back left the Rossoneri in 2012, but had been linked with a return to San Siro.

The Brazilian international then signed a new contract with PSG, tying him to the club until 2020, but he doesn’t rule out going back to the Diavolo in future.

“I left the door open, I still have friends there,” Thiago Silva told Sky Italia.

“The other day I spoke to [Gennaro] Gattuso for his birthday. I always try to stay close because it’s a club which was very important for me.

“Leonardo was important, and [Silvio] Berlusconi and [Adriano] Galliani opened the door for my career. I have to thank them.”

I genuinely think Paletta is currently better tbh. And also younger, so no thanks.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Paris Saint-Germain defender Thiago Silva admits “I left the door open” for a return to Milan one day.

The centre-back left the Rossoneri in 2012, but had been linked with a return to San Siro.

The Brazilian international then signed a new contract with PSG, tying him to the club until 2020, but he doesn’t rule out going back to the Diavolo in future.

“I left the door open, I still have friends there,” Thiago Silva told Sky Italia.

“The other day I spoke to [Gennaro] Gattuso for his birthday. I always try to stay close because it’s a club which was very important for me.

“Leonardo was important, and [Silvio] Berlusconi and [Adriano] Galliani opened the door for my career. I have to thank them.”

I genuinely think Paletta is currently better tbh. And also younger, so no thanks.

Lmao hopefully you're trolling

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
If it's him coming back in 2020, then no thanks.

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga
Bilic says Payet doesn't want to play for West Ham anymore... Man why wasn't the closing done in time for this market :mad:

A 30 year old that has had 1 season where he was legit on fire and a joy to watch...no thanks.
The reason Id say no is that he would be coming an English team and would cost a huge fee and want a sizeable increase on his wage as it would be his last big contract.Also theres the issue that he may not be the Payet from last season (he already hasnt been ) that we'll get the more consistent version that we saw at Marseille Lille and Saint Etienne , he was a tidy player that had an occasional flash of WOW but wasnt consistent.If we indeed will have those €30/€40/50m sums to spend on players...I wouldnt go for Payet.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
We should loan kondogbia with an option, of sunning would let this happen of course

Leptiran

Rumours-Morning shift
Reaction score
Seems that Deulofeu deal is almost finish, Barca have bayout clause but they dont have any interese in him so he is free to come

I hope Montela can make a miracle with Deulofeu like he made with Suso and we can solve our wingers for next 5 years...

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seems that Deulofeu deal is almost finish, Barca have bayout clause but they dont have any interese in him so he is free to come

I hope Montela can make a miracle with Deulofeu like he made with Suso and we can solve our wingers for next 5 years...

I think that regardless of how Deulofeu does at Milan (If he joins) we'll still sign one 'big' winger/am in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule