Ramadan Mubarak

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Jasper said:
All the best to our Muslim members.

I have a question. I hope it's not inappropriate. Do some muslims change their lifestyle to from daily activities to nightlife during the ramadan or is it forbidden/taboo?
Explain ur question + feel free 2 ask anythin without u feelin ur doin somethin wrong.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Wild said:
Explain ur question + feel free 2 ask anythin without u feelin ur doin somethin wrong.
I mean if you are doing your own schedule. Let's say work in programming projects. Nobody cares when you do your job, You have a deadline and that's it. Question is do some Muslims switch their daily work to nighttime when Ramadan comes and sleep during the day?

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Jasper said:
I mean if you are doing your own schedule. Let's say work in programming projects. Nobody cares when you do your job, You have a deadline and that's it. Question is do some Muslims switch their daily work to nighttime when Ramadan comes and sleep during the day?
you mean sleeping while you`re fasting?

as far as i know,it`s allowed..i could be wrong though..

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
it is not harram although it is suggested that you dont do this because you are not experiencing the feeling of being fasting like you are supposed to, the point is not to switch you schedual from daytime to nightime its so you can feel with the needy and learn to think about the neccessities in life instead of the luxeries.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Jasper said:

Even if you sleep.. still the day is long.. and this weather here it makes it even harder.. but its not preferred just like Jivara said about sleeping.. + you can do that only at weekend.. not at work hehe.. I wake up at 6 morning for work.. and I return at 18:00 home..we eat at 19:00 which is quite long this year..

Gattuso #8

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Besi said:
Even if you sleep.. still the day is long.. and this weather here it makes it even harder.. but its not preferred just like Jivara said about sleeping.. + you can do that only at weekend.. not at work hehe.. I wake up at 6 morning for work.. and I return at 18:00 home..we eat at 19:00 which is quite long this year..
akhi we eat at 20:00 :eek: , but ut's gettin harder every year

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
thats because of the 1 hour difference between sweden and albania, normally the sun would set before from the east than in the west. next year is gonna be a loooong ramadan, but atleast I will spend it back home in Jordan where the food is much better and the atmosphere around you makes it more enjoyable and easier.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Jasper said:
I dont know any1 who do that 2 get around fasting & I do know a lot of Muslims :D
Its actually the other way around , they spend the nights praying + worshiping & they wake up a bit late -- > 10-11AM.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
In a way it's hard for me to imagine such a thing, (specially no sex thoughts .... western scientist made a statistic that men think about sex every 7 seconds) but I've been to something similar in the army.

What happens if you can't make it? What about health issues(pregnant women)?

Gattuso #8

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Jasper said:
In a way it's hard for me to imagine such a thing, (specially no sex thoughts .... western scientist made a statistic that men think about sex every 7 seconds) but I've been to something similar in the army.

sex thoughts is something that u normally can't controll, it's something natural,

if u are pregnant, sick or if fasting there is some risk that fasting can make u sick u don't have to fast, but u have to give a poor person a meal everyday, if u don't find anyone u can donate money

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Jasper said:

sex like gattuso 8 said is something natural and unavoidable but it is much more common in the west imo, sex there is everywhere, back home i tend to think much less about it because i am busy with other things to do.

as for pregnancy and illnesses, you are strongly suggested not to fast, and for people who are traveling they are allowed not to fast although that does not really imply to todays world where you can travel halfway across the world in a few hours. there are many exemptions to fasting its not a method of torture its actually a good practice, gives some new challenge to your life instead of following the same old routine and it makes a big difference for the poor since islam is a religion of equality where social status, skin color, ethnicity, wealth ..etc make no difference between its followers. :)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well thanks for your answers. It doesn't seem so ... strange idea anymore. Would be kind of cool to do so. Have done the same thing with drinking though(a month not a tear of alcohol ... not even in sauna or a pub) and it changed quite a lot of my habits.

Gattuso #8

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Jasper said:
Well thanks for your answers. It doesn't seem so ... strange idea anymore. Would be kind of cool to do so. Have done the same thing with drinking though(a month not a tear of alcohol ... not even in sauna or a pub) and it changed quite a lot of my habits.
and u will save a lot of money too if u quit drinking ;)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso #8 said:
and u will save a lot of money too if u quit drinking ;)
Not really. Money will just find another way to go out. Well spend? For me drinking is still a social activity so it releases stress and I doubt other stuff will work as good. All done moderately causes no problems and no big holes in the wallet.

Gattuso #8

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Jasper said:
Not really. Money will just find another way to go out. Well spend? For me drinking is still a social activity so it releases stress and I doubt other stuff will work as good. All done moderately causes no problems and no big holes in the wallet.
To be honest, in my opinion that's just a lie that people tell themselves everyday, I said the samething to myself when I was smoking waterpipe, in the beginning it was hard, but later it felt much better,insted of spending money on cigg and alcohol, why not donate these money to poor and sick children, trust me, u will feel much better ;)

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Ramadan Moubarak, For All The Muslim Brothers In the Forum.
May this past month be blessed on all of you guys.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Eid Mubarak to everyone, I hope Ramadan wasnt too difficult this year due to the timings, I wish I could be back home with my family for Eid.

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
Eid Mubarak>

Kullu Caam wa antum Bikheyr.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
EID Mubarak
hope you all enjoy and celebrate it :)

MzMunky

Funky Munky
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Fabregas, Torres
Eid Mubarak 2 all celebrating :)

PRIYO

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players