The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
did Mastour have Mbappe potential?

Again, are you serious? What is your logic in comparing a player who barely got playing time in Primavera with Leao?

Mastour played against 14 years old kids, Leao is dribbling Serie A players like they are amateurs.

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Leao is a great talent. We need to stop expecting that all talented 21 year olds will become world class at 22. We invested in him, he's shown good ability and has talent to become one of the top CFs/SSs in Serie A. Let's ease him in and give him time. Maybe he'll be 24/25 when he fulfills his potential. The last 10-15 years fans (not just at Milan, but everywhere) expect young players to tear top leagues apart by the time they are 21, and if not, they are considered a failure. Such is the age of Youtube I guess. Compilation videos everywhere and fans getting excited over nothing.

Even if Leao doesn't reach elite level...as long as he's banging in 15-20 goals a season for us consistently (he can surely do that) for the next 5-6 years...we will have made a great investment.

As for the Leao-Mbappe comparison....let's not go that far. Mbappe is Messi/Ronaldo/Neymar/etc level currently. A top 5 player in the world. But it's not a failure if Leao is not there or even if he never gets there. Like I said, 15-20 goals a season does it.

We are always like this, I remember when Andre Silva arrived from Liga NOS in Serie A and was yet to play 600-700 minutes in Milan and everybody was treating him like the worst player they ever saw. Though I'm not a Silva fan but Milan has been a very bad place for talents imo, a lot of players arriving and being sold a year later even before adapting here.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
And sorry about the Mbappe like potential comment everyone. I didn?t know it would be so sensitive to some.

You are right. Dont mind these other posters.

Rhat

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The future french CB pair Kound? Upamecano gonna kick some ass

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
When have we sold anyone we didn't want to since Elliott took over?

All the rigjt names are headed for the door.

Calabria next, then we move.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We should not undersell Leao. I think something telling of his ability is that Ibra seems to like him, he’s been around the block and played with incredible players. If we thinks Leao is worth taking under his wing, who are we as casual fans to doubt that.

I think it’s a myth also that Leao “has been decision making.” To me decision making is where you waste a good opportunity by taking an extra dribble, shooting too early, passing to the wrong man. Something Kessie used to a do a lot under Gattuso, always being in a dangerous area and wasting it. Leao doesn’t do those things for me. He has some smart assists, a few cool and composed goals. If anything, I think sometimes he gives the ball up too fast, I want him to dribble more and really cause some havoc on defenses more.

The issue I can see being a problem with him is really just drive, and from a playing position his movement off the ball. He seems similar to martial for me. Can beat any player at will off the dribble, good link up play, knows how to pass and get it back, good finishing skills, exceptional athleticism. But you have to run for the ball and find it. Martial would always wait for the ball to come to his feet, and leao does the same. He either needs to learn how to A) run in behind, take advantage of his speed and learn how to run onto the ball and stretch a back line or B) find the ball, meaning don’t wait for it, pick up the ball early in play development and create opportunities rather than wait for them.

There are examples of great players who don’t run often and don’t run a lot, Ibrahimovic being a prime example, but he knows how to find the ball in dangerous areas. I think what held Balotelli back at the top level was his lack of movement and inability to provide value if the ball isn’t being fed to his feet. It’s stupid to debate Leao against Mbappe or someone else, Mbappe is a transcendent talent and something above elite. But Leao can be a top player, he absolutely can be world class. He was a couple shots off the post away from having almost ten goals in his initial season despite being a sub and having two managers. Don’t undersell his talent

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Bye bye RR. Thanks for utter mediocrity. Defensively reliable but one of the most painful players to watch during banter era.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We should not undersell Leao. I think something telling of his ability is that Ibra seems to like him, he?s been around the block and played with incredible players. If we thinks Leao is worth taking under his wing, who are we as casual fans to doubt that.

I think it?s a myth also that Leao ?has been decision making.? To me decision making is where you waste a good opportunity by taking an extra dribble, shooting too early, passing to the wrong man. Something Kessie used to a do a lot under Gattuso, always being in a dangerous area and wasting it. Leao doesn?t do those things for me. He has some smart assists, a few cool and composed goals. If anything, I think sometimes he gives the ball up too fast, I want him to dribble more and really cause some havoc on defenses more.

The issue I can see being a problem with him is really just drive, and from a playing position his movement off the ball. He seems similar to martial for me. Can beat any player at will off the dribble, good link up play, knows how to pass and get it back, good finishing skills, exceptional athleticism. But you have to run for the ball and find it. Martial would always wait for the ball to come to his feet, and leao does the same. He either needs to learn how to A) run in behind, take advantage of his speed and learn how to run onto the ball and stretch a back line or B) find the ball, meaning don?t wait for it, pick up the ball early in play development and create opportunities rather than wait for them.

There are examples of great players who don?t run often and don?t run a lot, Ibrahimovic being a prime example, but he knows how to find the ball in dangerous areas. I think what held Balotelli back at the top level was his lack of movement and inability to provide value if the ball isn?t being fed to his feet. It?s stupid to debate Leao against Mbappe or someone else, Mbappe is a transcendent talent and something above elite. But Leao can be a top player, he absolutely can be world class. He was a couple shots off the post away from having almost ten goals in his initial season despite being a sub and having two managers. Don?t undersell his talent

Good post as usual. Forza Leao, he's our diamond and the player I'm most looking forward to.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
This upemecano is so good wtff.
The hype is real

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
wth is this RB formation? 3-3-3-1, looks like an army one (not watching the game, just saw it on livescore)

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
upamecano destroying atleticos whole attack on his own. Leipzig are dominating possesion but no end product.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
This upemecano is so good wtff.
The hype is real

EfUaFWXXYAEDW6C

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Olmo will go far but it's okay

Actually I really don't know, I have barely even watched this match but I have a hunch

Last edited:

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leipzig play fantastic football.

Damn only if we got Olmo.

Leipzig are so fast at moving the ball forward. And so strong in pressing.

Olmo is good but there are many players of his level.

Edu-bY-A

Accounting Force
Reaction score
Nagelsmann is a damn good coach. It is no wonder that Real already talked to him when Zidane left. However they agreed that it might be to early for him and they probably talk again in the future. He is 33.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule