George Weah Thread

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
He would have been an absolute beast in fifa. Big, black, strong, fast :o

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Best African player ever and one of the best in the world.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
One of my favourite Milan players ever and one of the best footballers ever. He scored some incredible goals for Milan and what I would do to have a player like him in our current team.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Today is George Weah’s 50th birthday and looks back over his life and career. “My Milan was the strongest team I’ve ever seen.”

The Liberian was born and raised in absolute poverty, so keeps the lessons of that time to this day and told his children to never leave food on the plate.

“I had a very difficult life, as at times we didn’t even have any food, but I don’t like to look back on that. I no longer have my mother, my father or my grandmother: I look to the future,” the politician told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Thank God I reached the age of 50, so now I hope for good health, which is not easy. I want to work for my country and the Liberian people, to be at the service of mankind.

“I watch sport on TV now, like any other 50-year-old man! I’m kidding, I still have the physique to play, as every day at 8am I go to the gym and keep my muscles in shape.”

How does he feel seeing the current state of Milan, who failed to qualify for Europe yet again?

“I saw a few games and it was an unsatisfying experience. But Milan is Milan, I hope that everything works out. It’s not right that people in the stadium are sad.

“If the new Chinese owners can build a great team, then why not? It was the same at PSG, as to buy champions you simply need money.

“My Milan, the one that won the two Scudetti, was the strongest team I’ve ever seen. I still keep in contact with Marco Simone, who has always been like a brother to me, while the other day I spoke to Ibou Ba and my friend Umberto Gandini, who is now at Roma.”

He won the Serie A title in 1995-96 with Fabio Capello as Coach, then again in 1998-99 under Alberto Zaccheroni.

There is a new generation of Weah talent in football, as his 16-year-old son Timothy scored a hat-trick in the UEFA Youth League for Paris Saint-Germain this week.

“I am very happy and I thank God for this fantastic player, my son. I hope he can grow up humble and become much better than I ever was.

“I pray when things go well and when they go badly, or even just to thank God. At the age of 22 I went to Monaco, won the Ballon d’Or and African Player of the Year award, became a UNICEF ambassador, leader of a political party and ambassador of peace in my country.

“I also scored that goal running from my own penalty area against Verona. I do miss Italy and wish that country all the best.”

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Happy Bday ya GOAT

14448875_1178683375524174_3744747031885750518_n.jpg

One of my biggest regrets was not snapping up this beauty when it came out :head:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
^ fucking handsome guy as well. So regal. World class player. Complete player. Him or sheva? Prime level weah better imo. Weah > henry as well

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
^ fucking handsome guy as well. So regal. World class player. Complete player. Him or sheva? Prime level weah better imo. Weah > henry as well

Observe Henrys facial expressions, as he's describing Weah during his time at Monaco :lol:

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Juventus have been my favourite team since I was a child.
In Liberia I used to play in a Juventus shirt. It was because of Michel Platini, who made me fall in love with those colours. When I then met him I couldn't stop smiling.

I have Juve in my blood. I really wanted to play for them but I never managed to do it.

-Goal.com

I still love him, tho, must confess, that stung.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Good old 'proficient footballer' Weah.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
We're the most Presidential club in the World :b:

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
congratz presidente!!

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
premature announcement...?

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
I don't follow the election honestly :D .. I just saw Paolo Maldini posted on his insatgram and congratulated Weah for becoming new President of Liberia. I thought it was official .. but I guess it is not finished yet because there's no official news about this.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Ah I was just about to search for more news regarding this. Strong month politically for ex-Milan players.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Official: Weah il Presidente.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations former world player of the year.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Has the opp conceded?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dunno but he has declared that he has won.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
When will people start learning that Milan legends are not suited for leadership positions? :fp:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We are a proper leadership pipeline.. Looking forward to the day when Kaladze and Weah are both heads of nations.. and Seedorf head of FIFA.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Wow...:star:Presidente:star:

I still remember my first Milan kit...I was around 5 and wore my Weah jersey on every football training.

Had people coming up to me 15 years later mentioning that jersey