CONCACAF Football Discussion

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Damn, missed the game! Happy we won...sorry c4m.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I was too young to remember him playing, and have just seen highlights, but how good was Klinsmann really? How did he play and who in today's game would he compare with?

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
this is the best Donovan has looked in a long time, maybe ever... going crazy seems to have suited him

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
this is the best Donovan has looked in a long time, maybe ever... going crazy seems to have suited him

Just gotta wonder how long this will last. That's what so damn frustrating about Donovan, one minute he's world class, next you don't even know he's on the pitch. I hope this Donovan sticks around for a while.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Man its a sad day when USA has designed qualifiers and even the fucking Gold Cup to suit their weather needs (though congrats, that's exactly what I would do have I been in charge of my FA).

You've fallen to the level of the lack of morals of the rest of Concacaf, meanwhile, we're the idiots, the only idiots left in this confederation, that don't do that anymore. I hate that we've been acting like goodies lately, we should play to our advantages and fuck everyone else. It's Concacaf, not the path to heaven.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
If you want to win, you should utilise all possible advantages to help you.

Like Milan relaying only the middle of the pitch against Arsenal, or Bolivia building national stadiums at ridiculous heights. There is no point being a good guy.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Like Milan relaying only the middle of the pitch against Arsenal, or Bolivia building national stadiums at ridiculous heights. There is no point being a good guy.
Eh. I think its ok, my sadness is towards my FA, not USA.

But you're very wrong in believing Bolivia built their stadiums at ridiculous heights just to take advantage of the height (which was a no issue till argies got 6 against 4 years ago and then brazilians got scared that it might happen to them too). They built it in the logical place where every country builts theirs: biggest cities, with most population, and their capital cities...

Last edited:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
US needs to find a way to get a goal

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Eh. I think its ok, my sadness is towards my FA, not USA.

But you're very wrong in believing Bolivia built their stadiums at ridiculous heights just to take advantage of the height (which was a no issue till argies got 6 against 4 years ago and then brazilians got scared that it might happen to them too). They built it in the logical place where every country builts theirs: biggest cities, with most population, and their capital cities...

I wasn't being sarcastic...

I completely agree with using all methods to get one over.

And I know, I just mean they didn't try to appease people by building it in some ridiculous location which would better suit foreign teams.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The US has improved a great deal since Klinsmann took over. The level of play has improved so much, it is actually enjoyable watching them play now, the team has a plan a system that suites them well.

If not for the stupidity of past coaches Neven Subotic would be on the team as well... with a world class CB this US team would actually be very dangerous in Brazil

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If not for the stupidity of past coaches Neven Subotic would be on the team as well... with a world class CB this US team would actually be very dangerous in Brazil

Wow, just checked out his youth career, you're right. US central defense is absolute garbage. How'd they let Subotic go? :fp::fp:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If I'm correct; he didn't want the US.

no he went up through their US ranks and then was not called for the U-20 WC and their coach made comments about him that were negative.

It seems they wanted him to play at least 1 year of NCAA soccer before turning pro, and he moved to play in Germany instead. The coach didnt approve.

“Anybody who has ever dreamed of something and worked hard for it can understand how it is when you feel like you deserve something and then your dreams get shattered," Subotic told ESPN when asked about the Under-20 World Cup omission.

It might not have been the last straw, but it seems to have played a major role in his choice.

And adding a world class defender to the US team would bring them to a whole other level I think

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A world class defender would elevated them but not that high. IMO, it in the technical aspect of the game they suffer.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
losing some respect for Dempsey if he is actually heading to MLS

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Wow, just checked out his youth career, you're right. US central defense is absolute garbage. How'd they let Subotic go? :fp::fp:

Like any other Balkan Subotic is probably super nationalistic and chose the land of his origins over the land of his residence. Nothing uncommon really

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like any other Balkan Subotic is probably super nationalistic and chose the land of his origins over the land of his residence. Nothing uncommon really

he had said he wanted to represent his new country. wasnt called up to U-20 WC because the coach didnt like that he went pro in Germany. Pissed him off.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
he had said he wanted to represent his new country. wasnt called up to U-20 WC because the coach didnt like that he went pro in Germany. Pissed him off.

oh ok wow. the us basically shot themselves in the foot hey

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Julian Green is training with the US ahead of the US's friendly against the Ukraine.

Word is he is very close to committing to the US over Germany

I havent seen him play, but apparently he is being hailed as a future star. 15 goals in 18 games for Bayern II

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
US looked decent last night experimenting with a lot of players playing in different roles.

I think the biggest issue that the US is having now is that while they have a much bigger pool of players that are good enough to make the team then they have ever had, however they arent having players taking the next step and becoming elite players.

Michael Bradley has regressed badly since he returned to the MLS, he desperately needs to go back to Europe IMO to be challenged and hopefully rediscover the form that made him the US's best player.

They have multiple other players in MLS that need to go abroad to play or else risk stagnating. Omar Gonzalez, Matt Besler and Graham Zusi are probably the clearest examples of players that need to challenge themselves to take the next step.

It's great that the level of play of MLS has improved, but it is still not at a level that can challenge good players enough to potentially become great players...

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jozy back to the MLS (Toronto)

Rumors are Giovinco could be joining him and Michael Bradley.

Really dont care for top end USMNT players going back to MLS

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
USA

giphy.gif

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Panama was CONCACAF'd

smh.... blatter is even appauled by the corruption in Concacafq

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Code:
Nobody watching this silly Gold Cup show? :D

No one that is in the region (well Mexico southern, and those who like football Mexico Northern) missed that.

I just dont get why teams from outside Mexico and USA even bring their A team to this. Mind you CR always underperfoms in the Gold Cup (and has played like 5 good Gold Cup games ever), but its so arranged....that even playing bad doesn't justify it.

Draw is done behind closed doors...only way Mexico and USA meet before the semifinals is if both end up 2nd in their groups or one ends up as best 3rd. Best 3rds are assigned to play 1st place in Mexico's or USA's groups. The one fucking game that was played outside of USA ground was a do or die game between Costa Rica and Canada...IN CANADA. All games of Guatemala (Guatemala vs Mexico must be held in California) and El Salvador are played strategically.

And now since we need to ensure more games: lets give Mexico a helping hand to win this Gold Cup so in October there can be a full stadium in the matchup vs USA to decide who goes to the Confed.

First step this Cup needs to do is hold the Cup outside the USA and Mexican territory, even if yes I know it will be financial failure...they hold the cup every two years, they can play one outside the US and one back, just to give it SOME credibility, even if it is to make sure that the refs wont just feel home pressure (yesterday was definitely not home pressure). Of course this is the Confederation that had Jack Warner and Chuck Blazer as its leaders. SMH.