Andrea Pirlo Thread

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
i think that everyone agrees on the fact that pirlo should improve if he wan'ts to stay in milan

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
crazymilangirl said:
i think that everyone agrees on the fact that pirlo should improve if he wan'ts to stay in milan
Or maybe he shouldn't play each and every match of the season!

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
r3dman said:

that could help...he needs a break??? right

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
I don't think the most important reason why Pirlo is very sucks in 2006 is all of himself. I think there are 3 important reasons :

1st, Ancelotti didn't give him enough rest. Vogel is not bad but Ancelotti still uses Pirlo which makes us very strange !! Compare last 3 seasons, sometimes Ambrosini or Redondo even Brocchi have some chances as a DM, but this season Ambrosini always injured, his health body can't keep more than 3 weeks + Vogel doesn't play a lot of games ( I think sometimes when we VS a weak team we can use Vogel ).

2nd, our competitions always uses 2 or even 3 players annoy Pirlo ( I think most of yours know O'Neal, the basketballer of Lakers, he is very huge + strong, so sometimes other teams use 2 or maybe 3 players annoy him ), i feel our competitions annoy Pirlo likes the baskerballers annoy O'Neal.. But O'Neal is strong so sometimes he is no problem. while Pirlo is weak + slow, it is easier to annoy him ( Especially for some dirty players !! ).

3rd, our defenders and midfilders lack enough help to Pirlo. In last 3 seasons, Gattuso only need to protect Pirlo, but in this season, Gattuso has more attack ( he had 3 goals and 3 assists, it is very excellent compare him with last 3 seasons ). And our LB usually uses Seriginho, although his defense ability is a little better than last year, he is still very weak at defense, last 3 seasons we use Kaladze or Pancaro, their defend are solid enough ( although weaker than Maldini and Nesta ), much better than Serginho !! So the problem for Pirlo is he is a DM, without Gattuso's protection + need to help Serginho defend, that makes him more tired !

And i find a lot of guys say we should sell him or someone say he is an idoit, i disagree with them, Pirlo is still an important key-player for us. We should know we are lucky because we have him. Maybe he would prove himself in Italy ( Because Italian defenders + midfilders can help him more ), so if he has good performance in Italy and even help Italy get good in WC, i hope Ancelotti can think carefully, give him more support, i hope Pirlo will repeat 2002/03 and 2003/04.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
crazymilangirl said:
that could help...he needs a break??? right
He needs it. I checked channel4.com out, and he played almost every match in the Serie A. Also he did play in every match in the UCL. So there is a possibility he could be tired, duh! :o

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona, Maldini, Carlos Tevez, Shevchenko, Inzaghi
He needs to rest.
And needs a good sub too.
I don't think Vogel can replace Pirlo very well, Ambrosini is better, but could not help too much this season.

Maybe Jankulovski should be tested there.
Maldini (for a more defensive left side) and Cafu in the right, and Gattuso, Jankulovski, Seedorf and Kaka in the middlefield.

It makes easier to change to 3 man defense, just Jankulovski going back to the LB and Maldini staying in CB position with Nesta and Kaladze.

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
I'm a huge fan of Pirlo but this is not a biased message.

First of all as a few of you have pointed out Pirlo does need a rest. Ancelotti doesn't seem to realise that Pirlo is not necessary for Milan to win matches in Serie A against the likes of Messina, Livorno etc. The Milan bench is clearly one of the strongest in the world if he would use it more often. Soon enough I can see the likes of Gattuso, Kaka etc. having a huge dip in form, not because they are not good enough to play in Milan anymore, but because they are being played constantly. Rotation is must.

Second of all, all this talk about there is no clear replacement for Pirlo is rubbish. If I remember correctly Pirlo came to Milan as an attacking midfielder and was converted to this role wish he now excels in. Why not do the same with a player like say Vogel; whom I believe can be a very useful player for Milan if he were used more often, such as Dhorasoo was. But when you look at it, Pirlo's position is very simple. Sit in front of the back four, do enough defending to assist the likes of Gattuso and play creative long passes and through balls around the pitch. I bet if you trained a player with good passing ability for long enough they could replace Pirlo sometimes.

Oma_B

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SHEVA,BLOKHIN,Rui, Maldini, Okocha, Ronny D, Hagi, Cryuff, MVB, Belanov n Yashin
All i hear on this forum about Pirlo is he needs a rest, needs a rest its bullshit mayb if he got match fit like elite players do he might actually perform for once in a deciding match. He runs half the amount that Sheva n Gatu do its just bloody embarrassing that he's on our team in such a state.

His skills well they are fantastic but wat good r they if u can't last even 60mins at high intensity. Milan Lab needs to fix him up.

halfblackwinner

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, GOURCUFF!
to me.. pirlo just really really needs a rest. i mean, no matter how great a player is... playing way too much will just kill his form.

and for pirlo, already not being the fittest around... playing so many matches this season will definitely cause a dip in form. so i guess pirlo will do just well with some rest and hopefully, the powerful pirlo will come back next season :D

forza pirlo!

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
halfblackwinner said:
to me.. pirlo just really really needs a rest. i mean, no matter how great a player is... playing way too much will just kill his form.

and for pirlo, already not being the fittest around... playing so many matches this season will definitely cause a dip in form. so i guess pirlo will do just well with some rest and hopefully, the powerful pirlo will come back next season :D

forza pirlo!

we all hope that that should happen.... :D
he should leave italy and go for a long vacation to africa or asia then he should return and play his ass off...
the reason for going to africa or asia is so that he is not recognized so much and he can really rest :tongue: :D

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Oma_B said:
All i hear on this forum about Pirlo is he needs a rest, needs a rest its bullshit mayb if he got match fit like elite players do he might actually perform for once in a deciding match. He runs half the amount that Sheva n Gatu do its just bloody embarrassing that he's on our team in such a state.
Well, I think you aren't totally right about the amount of time he runs, also about the time he plays. If there is somebody on this forum that has some stats about how much our players played this season in minutes, I'd appreciate if they'd post it here.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
r3dman said:

Exactly my friend!

And to all of you who keep on dreaming about players as Xabi Alonso as Pirlo's sub...HeHe, that's just hilarious! Why the F should he leave L'pool and Rafa's starting XI to sit and rotten on the bench in Milano? No way, get real guys!

Dhorasoo was the perfect solution.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Velez Mostar said:
And to all of you who keep on dreaming about players as Xabi Alonso as Pirlo's sub...HeHe, that's just hilarious! Why the F should he leave L'pool and Rafa's starting XI to sit and rotten on the bench in Milano? No way, get real guys!
another wise man here... many others just want dream signings... not realistic signings... plus X.Alonso is just a decent player... not good enough...

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
another wise man here... many others just want dream signings... not realistic signings... plus X.Alonso is just a decent player... not good enough...

We've got plenty of dreamers here on the forums my friend! Xabi Alonso is a good player, but it's something *weird* with players from Spain in Serie A, and vice versa, they just don't seem to fit in.

Mendieta, Farinos, Jose Mari, Di Vaio, Corradi, Fiore etc :o

Milanetto

AC Milan Ukraine FanGroup
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Exactly, spanish players never played well in Seriale, but that guy did well in England, where the spanish never played good as well. So may be he is the exception of the rules, I dont know. Besides. i dont want to see him on Via Turatti. I think that in the role of Defendive Playmaker, if it can be called like that, Andrea is the best in the world. Nobody can closely compare with him in the skills to keep the ball and make tremendous and unexpected 4 the opponents passes to the strikers

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Milanetto said:
I think that in the role of Defendive Playmaker, if it can be called like that, Andrea is the best in the world. Nobody can closely compare with him in the skills to keep the ball and make tremendous and unexpected 4 the opponents passes to the strikers
I think you're overrating him a little...did you not watch the Barca games?? The guy had trouble keeping up with the tempo and didn't defend much of anything..he gave away and lost many many balls during those games. I still think he's a good player, but his form has dropped off alot!

Oma_B

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SHEVA,BLOKHIN,Rui, Maldini, Okocha, Ronny D, Hagi, Cryuff, MVB, Belanov n Yashin
r3dman said:
Well, I think you aren't totally right about the amount of time he runs, also about the time he plays. If there is somebody on this forum that has some stats about how much our players played this season in minutes, I'd appreciate if they'd post it here.
http://www.acmilan.com/en/InfoPage.aspx?id=25514

Kaka has played more games, Gattuso n Seedorf have played about the same as him and they don't look as tired. Neither does Serginho who is way older than him. It's his fitness that is the problem.

jigaromilan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaladze - Shevchenko - Kaka - Nesta - Maldini
i am kind of already worried about pirlos form for next season, he is already walking arround the field like a lightning struck frog, and i am not sure if he will have enough rest after the world cup, lets hope he does, cause when he playes good its really hard to read him

tmilan

Marius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chiricheș
Happy birthday!

TANTI AUGURI ANDREA E FILIPPO!
19/05/2006
MILANO - Buon compleanno ad Andrea Pirlo e a Filippo Galli. Il centrocampista rossonero, nato a Brescia il 19 maggio 1979, spegne oggi 27 candeline, mentre l'ex difensore, oggi collaboratore tecnico della formazione Primavera, è nato a Monza nel 1963 e festeggia oggi 43 anni. Tutta la redazione di Milan Channel e ACMilan.com si unisce agli auguri della società, della squadra, del mister e di tutto lo staff rossonero.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Today is Pirlo's birthday ? :eek: ( But so little people give the wishes to him :conf: ).

Happy birthday !! ;) :) :cool: :tongue: :D :star:

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIRLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :star:

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Oma_B said:
http://www.acmilan.com/en/InfoPage.aspx?id=25514

Kaka has played more games, Gattuso n Seedorf have played about the same as him and they don't look as tired. Neither does Serginho who is way older than him. It's his fitness that is the problem.
Yeah, but if you look at the number of minutes he played in Serie A, you'll see that only Dida played more. And the number of minutes is more important IMO then the number of appearances.

Redsun

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Savicevic, Nesta, Hateley, Simone, Virdis, Baresi, Eranio
happy birthday pirlo.hope your new age brings better football.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
with age i hope comes maturity on the field... hope to see you return to your best...

Schedule