The Rumour Commode XXVIII: Stai Calma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShevaNo7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Maldini, Boban, Weah, Sheva, Kaka, Rui Costa, Nesta, Zizou
probably need to take 4-6 points off all the likely main rivals for 4th i.e. Atalanta, Roma, Lazio

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well that is what it will probably take for top 4. Usually you need around 70 points to be in the conversation.

It could take less than that if we're lucky. It took only 62 in 11/12. That would mean we'd need a 1.71 average from now on. Gattuso last season had 1.78

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
I don't feel anything, we just replaced GP for another GP. Sounds pointless, honestly. :monto:
On a positive note, he can't be worse than GP (I hope but I learn that nothing can surprised me) but still it's not enough. We needed way better coach.

It's hard to understand why they didn't go for better coach.

Idk how it's better to pay 1m for Pioli-esque coach and miss CL instead of paying 4m for better guy and reaching CL, which will give you at least 60-70m. Can't really understand their calculation.

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
EGg2puDWoAEazRL

This better be a joke.

ah yes 4-2-euthanasia :b:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It could take less than that if we're lucky. It took only 62 in 11/12. That would mean we'd need a 1.71 average from now on. Gattuso last season had 1.78

Possibly but it is unlikely. Serie A is a lot more competitive now. 62 will probably put you in an EL spot.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
I don't feel anything, we just replaced GP for another GP. Sounds pointless, honestly. :monto:
On a positive note, he can't be worse than GP (I hope but I learn that nothing can surprised me) but still it's not enough. We needed way better coach.

It's hard to understand why they didn't go for better coach.

Idk how it's better to pay 1m for Pioli-esque coach and miss CL instead of paying 4m for better guy and reaching CL, which will give you at least 60-70m. Can't really understand their calculation.

Idk why either. Do the coaches just not want to come here or are Milan just not willing to pay?

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Kaka92 understands football more than 80% of people here

Most people here dont even watch football apart from Milan. Doesnt work that way

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Lol.

Do YoU oFtEn FeEl LiKe ThIs?

What is this? Are we in elementary school with these types of "jokes" or whatever it is? :o

Hahahahaha. Here, I laugh.

giphy.gif

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
probably need to take 4-6 points off all the likely main rivals for 4th i.e. Atalanta, Roma, Lazio

Not just that we need to defeat them all once and get at least a draw against each one in the return fixtures for a clear head to head superiority. Also given the points we have thrown away against the likes of Udinese, Torino and then Fiorentina at home, we need to get points from our Juve & Napoli games as well as 3 points from Inter on our return leg.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Atalanta and Roma will likely get close to 70 points unless they fall apart completely. Maybe in the upper 60's. Juve, Inter & Napoli will exceed 70 points.

I think 4th position might need 70+ points this season

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Theo truly has one of the ugliest haircuts. That is a horrific fade.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Acerbi going to beat out Romagnoli for a starting spot again for Italy according to Sky.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score

For those interested in the first session with Pioli..

Great to see Pioli so involved with the squad, commanding and maintaining a team spirit.

Giampaolo probably stood and observed from the sidelines all the time, writing in his notebook.

I don't know about his tactical side compared to Giampaolo, but Pioli's persona is more perceived to the team.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Great to see Pioli so involved with the squad, commanding and maintaining a team spirit.

Giampaolo probably stood and observed from the sidelines all the time, writing in his notebook.

I don't know about his tactical side compared to Giampaolo, but Pioli's persona is more perceived to the team.

I agree. But he feels a bit like that person who tries too hard to be accepted in his new group. I mean, that fist bump minute 10:00 was awkward :lol:

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I agree. But he feels a bit like that person who tries too hard to be accepted in his new group. I mean, that fist bump minute 10:00 was awkward :lol:

Also true :lol:

But Pioli knows who he is and he sees his own standards. He knows that he isn't a great manager, so all he can do is to act as a father figure for them and also act like:

ac5d800eb3ad682d57fb6206add43cee

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Also true :lol:

But Pioli knows who he is and he sees his own standards. He knows that he isn't a great manager, so all he can do is to act as a father figure for them and also act like:

ac5d800eb3ad682d57fb6206add43cee

Yeah lets hope. :D

Also CONTI FFS :lol: :lol: just fkn sell him he has lost it all :lol: minute 13:37

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
why? he'll act as sadboy and gradually be resentful for the team that's in a shit state until he will leave this summer.

No, no. Italy have already qualified for Euro 2020, therefore some of the starters will be rested. Acerbi, Meret, G.Mancini will all probably play in order to integrate them to the senior squad.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No, no. Italy have already qualified for Euro 2020, therefore some of the starters will be rested. Acerbi, Meret, G.Mancini will all probably play in order to integrate them to the senior squad.

Romagnoli got benched for Acerbi last time as well.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Cesare Prandelli believes he knows why Milan failed under Marco Giampaolo. “All their players are instinctive and don’t follow tactics.”

The former Empoli and Sampdoria Coach was fired after just seven games, losing four of them, and replaced by Stefano Pioli.

“Seeing the team from the outside, I did develop a theory as to why things went so wrong,” ex-Italy CT Prandelli told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Giampaolo loves a reasoned-out style of football that follows certain patterns, whereas all their players are instinctive and don’t follow tactics.

“It becomes difficult at that point to find some common ground. Having said all that, Giampaolo 100 per cent deserves his tag as a great Coach in Italian football, it’s just this squad didn’t suit his ideas.”

He's not wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule