Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
I had DC winning that fight wherever it goes.

Lewis and Ngannou are both really raw, neither should be fighting on main card.

Borrachinha was impressive, not sure if it’s just mental with Uriah Hall

Lewis at least had the excuse(although he shouldn't have let it come that far health wise) that his back kept him from fighting more offensively. Ngannou being as timid as he was made no sense, especially in the third after coaches told him he's probably behind 2 rounds. The issue is definitely mental with him, he was afraid of making a mistake and getting KO'd, his air of invincibility is gone.

His technique was very limited before, nothing changed in that regard.

Hall definitely has the tools to be a great fighter, even if he obviously started to wilt away in the second and subsequently got erased. Not really a shame to lose to Costa, guy definitely looks like a top 5 MW. I am curious to see if he is going to move to LHW eventually since he talked about fighting at 205 in a recent interview. I think MW is good for him right now.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have taken shots to the chin several times and it never fazed me. I believe I have a strong chin but I still want to protect myself in training. are there any workouts to improve chin conditioning even further? I mainly do neck bridges and other neck exercises to toughen up those muscles. I do have a thick neck as i do a lot of bodybuilding stuff too so I guess that's a start.
anyway know any specific chin training exercises? head kicks to the temple is lights out for everyone unless you have a ridiculously large head like miocic, jones or cormier.

Not saying do this, but I have seen high level guys train like this but too lazy to look for their training videos at the moment.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lewis at least had the excuse(although he shouldn't have let it come that far health wise) that his back kept him from fighting more offensively. Ngannou being as timid as he was made no sense, especially in the third after coaches told him he's probably behind 2 rounds. The issue is definitely mental with him, he was afraid of making a mistake and getting KO'd, his air of invincibility is gone.

His technique was very limited before, nothing changed in that regard.

Hall definitely has the tools to be a great fighter, even if he obviously started to wilt away in the second and subsequently got erased. Not really a shame to lose to Costa, guy definitely looks like a top 5 MW. I am curious to see if he is going to move to LHW eventually since he talked about fighting at 205 in a recent interview. I think MW is good for him right now.

Lewis - just a big guy physically. Doesn't really have a good grasp of grappling IMO. Against a decent grappler he will be outclassed and clueless.

Ngannou - explosive guy capable of knocking out grapplers. I see him as a bigger Rameu Thierry Sokoudjou. Probably will have a better career than him but similar skill set. He will always be dangerous and can KO someone, but if you fight smart he will fold. IMO, I don't really see him making a serious title run with his skill set.

Overall, I am disappointed that such one dimensional fighters can advance so far in the UFC HW division.

It's not just last fight though. Every time Hall lost he's looked lackluster to me.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
watchu know bout fightin bruh? :mb:

god I wish I was wrong

i absolutely suck at predictions, i confess

but that was just something else come on, that wasn't even a fight

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Fantastic by DC, I'm so happy for him. I thought Miocic was gonna win this but he look awkward during the fight.

I loved the part with Lesnar, it was obviously staged but performed well. Let DC make some money on Lesnar before he retires.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fantastic by DC, I'm so happy for him. I thought Miocic was gonna win this but he look awkward during the fight.

I loved the part with Lesnar, it was obviously staged but performed well. Let DC make some money on Lesnar before he retires.

:thumbsup:

Probably another KO/TKO win, then DC can retire.

Jones will come back and lose against Lesnar at HW and everyone will still remember DC as goat. :o

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
DC and Jones will both murder Brock.

But it's a shame that they're gonna water down the HW-division with that gorilla, should have set up a re-match instead.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
New JRE podcast has Josh Barnett on, always love hearing the guy talk.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Romeros manager Malki Kawa just told on Ariel Helwanis MMA show that the move is offical but they haven't signed a fight yet.

Interesting move. In MW he would most likely need to win at least another fight to get a title shot as long as Bobby is still champ.

In LHW seeing as the division is starved for talent, he could get a immediate title shot against Cormier.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
DC wants to fight Shogun for his last LHW fight, so no DC fight for Romero I guess.

Makes sense for Romero to move up after that judging shitshow, no way they'll give him that third match anytime soon.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
DC wants to fight Shogun for his last LHW fight, so no DC fight for Romero I guess.

Makes sense for Romero to move up after that judging shitshow, no way they'll give him that third match anytime soon.

if shogun wins his next match and gustaf loses to volkan, it's the fight that makes sense.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
if shogun wins his next match and gustaf loses to volkan, it's the fight that makes sense.

Shogun is ranked 8 and slated to fight a non ranked fighter. Sure, I wouldn't give Alex a shot after losing(again :lol:) but I think Latifi is a better candidate to get the fight and it would be interesting to see two burly and powerful wrestlers go at it.

Also the winner of Glover vs OSP have a better argument too imo. Shogun got a bit fucked by the UFC moving Volkan to fight Alex, because if he beat Volkan he could've had a argument to be made. Right now fighting a non ranked fighter? Nah.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
the LHW division is a joke, im only saying shogun because he would be on a 4 match winning streak if he wins

shogun, glover, OSP, latifi..doesn't matter tbh, DC smokes all of them.

alex should beat volkan, but I really don't want him to get the shot because he's obnoxious and super whiny, so forza volkan.

he's 2-2 in his last 4, has only fought 4 times in 3.5 years. STFU and stop acting like the world owes you everything.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
btw, the best thing that could happen to the LHW division is rockhold and romero moving up, this division is in drastic need of top talent.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
the LHW division is a joke, im only saying shogun because he would be on a 4 match winning streak if he wins

alex should beat volkan, but I really don't want him to get the shot because he's obnoxious and super whiny, so forza volkan.

he's 2-2 in his last 4, has only fought 4 times in 3.5 years. STFU and stop acting like the world owes you everything.

dc beats everybody man. stylistically only overeem is his toughest matchup. But he has a glass jaw so DC ko's him easy imo.

I want to know who wins between cain and dc. sparring doesnt count. DC imo has the chin and endurance plus the dirty boxing to beat cain. those 2 are the greatest hws ever.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players

It would be a 4 fight streak over weak competition though, gotta factor that in.

I am almost certain that Alex will beat Volkan on accounts of his wrestling. He's not DC but he did well against DC wrestling whereas Volkan got completely dominated.

Alex is an entitled and whiny bitch but he definitely is the best candidate to give DC a though fight out of those fighters that are eligible to fight him at the moment.

Who knows - Jones manager claimed he's going to get reinstated this month, so maybe we get the trilogy? :lol: DC claimed that he wouldn't turn that fight down in the past.

dc beats everybody man. stylistically only overeem is his toughest matchup. But he has a glass jaw so DC ko's him easy imo.

I want to know who wins between cain and dc. sparring doesnt count. DC imo has the chin and endurance plus the dirty boxing to beat cain. those 2 are the greatest hws ever.

Overeem has been doing very questionable stuff in his past fights. I think not only is he too chinny at this point but also mentally gone. Not in a CTE way but he just seems to tentative and anxious during the last two fights especially and makes silly mistakes.

Prime healthy Cain vs DC would be amazing to watch and I think I'd edge it towards Cain. I feel that while DC is the better wrestler, Cain seems to have a wider game and has more options. But it'll never happen and not just because of their friendship.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shogun? Really?

Guess he wants to play it safe twice and get paid twice along the way. I understand the reasoning but it is lame from a sporting perspective to see a champ cherry pick regardless of situation.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
LHW is indeed a joke. If/when Jones comes back (DC is probably retired by then), the fuck is he gonna do in that division? And it's not like HW is STACKED with quality for him to move up to either.

Romero is gonna retire soon as well, he's almost 40 right? Rockhold would be interesting at LWH.

DC said in the post fight presser that he'd fight Gus if he won vs Volkan. Wouldn't surprise me if he loses though, the guy is injured all the time and barely fights.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
I fucking love Brock Lesnar, the guy is much watch tv.

Didn't go to the event but won good money on DC.

Next punt will be Cejudo to beat MM, and I think he can now.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
No special reason really. He's been dominating for too long and I like when the underdog wins. Also, he's ducking super-fight with TJ and Garbrandt.

But he's probably gonna win this.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
he's not ducking, why would he fight TJ when he could get the same exact money fighting people in his weight class.

he asked for $$$ and they refused to pay him, I'd love to see it but I'm with DJ on this one.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yeah that's a good point. Problem is though, very few people tune in to see him. A fight like this would maybe make that difference for him.

He's too small to move up a weight class right? IIRC he fought at bantam and have a loss there against Cruz.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah that's a good point. Problem is though, very few people tune in to see him. A fight like this would maybe make that difference for him.

He's too small to move up a weight class right? IIRC he fought at bantam and have a loss there against Cruz.

He has lost against Cruz.

The thing is, a fight like this WOULD make a difference for him, but he could also part of TJ's HL reels. And who's to say, even if he wins, he still won't draw much in the future? Like the transition from a suplex into an armbar is super sweet but really I don't think the casuals understand his fighting style.

All in all, too much risk for him

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
and it's not like anyone gives a fuck about the bantamweights either