The Rumour Commode XVII: A Condor In A Sea Of Red!

Who's the mystery patient at La Madonnina this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Monto-Berto to compete for regista role as did Pirlo-Ambrosini.

For the first time in my life, reading something caused me an actual physical feeling of disgust

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
you three have a lot in common :proud:

would u like me more if i thought carlos bacca is a candidate for the ballon d'or?

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Juve with a pussy formation.

Cn6JRNRWYAAox43.jpg

Look at that depth, that is absolutely ridiculous
benatia and rugani are literally going to be warming the bench there, think about that for a sec

:cry:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Menez with an even worse Milan side managed 16 creating his own chances and goals in a false - 9 role and even Menez had his faults with being selfish.

The entire idea is what works best for the team. Bacca does not work for Montellas game and you're going to ask me why. First of all Bacca is a short manlet that can't catch his breath and won't be able to pressure defenders like Niang. Second of all Bacca offers no fantasy/ruthlessness to the attack. Poaching in soccer is one of the easiest thing you can do. Even I can wait for my team mates to do all the work receive the ball and tap it into the net, that's actually my favourite cause it means I don't have to run much. Players like Mandzukic, Griezzman etc are a nightmare for defenders because they offer pace/skill/physicality that makes it hard for defenders to deal with. Chellini can murder Bacca and grill him in his BBQ. The reason why Montella wanted Gomez at Fiorentina was because Gomez can do the same thing as Ibra/Mandzukic/Pazzini where they can receive the ball and hold it against a defender which allows the attack (wingers) to rush forward, receive the pass and create something. If you have a Pizzaro/Montolivo/Bonucci play a super long ball from a counter attack, you'd have Mandzukic/Pazzini/Gomez chest that ball and hold it until someone like Cuadrado comes in to receive a past to go in behind the defender. Allegri's Milan did this all the time with Ibrahimovic. That's of course one example. And of course all 3 of those players were foxes in the box and were able to score at any time via their head/feet/whatever when they receive a pass which is what we all applaud Bacca for being very good at.

Bacca may be amazingly good at 1 thing, but he sucks at everything else and players like him are a dying breed. At Barcelona Bacca would never fly because he does not offer the kilometres Neymar and Suarez offer or the talent Messi has. Even at Real Madrid Benzema is always pressuring players and providing passes to Ronaldo. So stop giving me that shit about "bro he needs a midfield". These are all players with world class midfields who still offer 1000x more than Bacca which is why they are where they are. The game has changed. Why did Pelle work so well for Italia? Kilometres, physicality, and height. Pelle was amazing at holding the ball up and he could finish chances. 2 is always better than one ;)

Your thesis is completely without basis and counter-intuitive.

If what you are saying is correct, then he wouldn't have risen so highly in European football and scored against so many top teams.

With a decent team, Bacca was Sevilla's leading scorer in Spain...only behind the likes of CR7, Neymar and Suarez.

In 2015 he came in fifth with 20 goals, behind the four above and Griezman. He was ahead of Benzema.

He's not a perfect player but was surely born to score goals.

I'd say he was either World Class or just on the verge of being WC.
I also wonder if you've seen RVN, Chicarito, Klose, Trezuget, Inzaghi and to some extent Vieri play...

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Your thesis is completely without basis and counter-intuitive.

If what you are saying is correct, then he wouldn't have risen so highly in European football and scored against so many top teams.

With a decent team, Bacca was Sevilla's leading scorer in Spain...only behind the likes of CR7, Neymar and Suarez.

In 2015 he came in fifth with 20 goals, behind the four above and Griezman. He was ahead of Benzema.

He's not a perfect player but was surely born to score goals.

I also wonder if you've seen RVN, Chicarito, Klose, Trezuget, Inzaghi and to some extent Vieri play...

Klose, RVN, Vieri had physicality and offered more which is exactly what I was talking about with Mandzukic/Pazzini. Vieri especially was a whole different beast... he was an absolute bull. Inzaghi couldn't be compared to Bacca, much faster player in his prime and way more intelligent in positioning let alone how much of a cheat he was which played to our advantage. Chicharito is not better than Bacca lol

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

A tier below world class.

Labeling him as world class means he is able to carry a team on his own like Griezmann and Suarez can (which Bacca never did even with Sevilla).

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A tier below world class.

Labeling him as world class means he is able to carry a team on his own like Griezmann and Suarez can (which Bacca never did even with Sevilla).

Even as a poacher he's by no means world class. He misses so many one on ones... he's a good poacher and that's it.

Phantomx

Only Milan
Reaction score
From Turkey: AC Milan could use Luiz Adriano to get to Sosa

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Bacca is nowhere near WC.

He's good, not great.

From Turkey: AC Milan could use Luiz Adriano to get to Sosa

given our budget, the fact that Bacca is staying and Adriano's wages - I think I'm OK with this move

SexyStephan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Bacca is obv a great striker but if you can sell a 30 y/o for 30m+, you should

also when his sale would lead to an overall improvement in the team

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Even as a poacher he's by no means world class. He misses so many one on ones... he's a good poacher and that's it.

Yeah he's a good poacher.

My issues with him is his left leg is non-existent and needs a partner to perform well (unless he has a good CAM behind him like he did at his last season in Sevilla).

given our budget, the fact that Bacca is staying and Adriano's wages - I think I'm OK with this move

Same.

3 million is too much for him to be sitting on the bench.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I wanted Sosa to Milan to happen because I'm the one who created his thread, but I just realized that I'm also the one who created Luiz's...so yeah, I'm back to being neutral about the move.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sosa is a great move for the fact that it's so cheap. And if we swapped with Adriano even bettter. Sosa would basically make half the wages of Adriano

This is a player beaming with confidence currently, and very low cost. And not Poli type of low cost, actually has talent. Not a complete make or break season type but could be useful for next couple of year.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
BOOM! According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona have just signed Andrè Gomes, overtaking Real Madrid in the very last day!

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Chinese Fosun Group bought Wolverhampton.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Bacca WILL NOT be called up for the US Tour after all. He will not travel due to physical problems. [Sky]

Status
Not open for further replies.