Week 9: FC Internazionale vs A.C. Milan 21/10/2018 20:30

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
There's no way around what everyone here is saying. Gattuso didn't act like he wanted to win this, and it's an enormous fucking disappointment.

Amateur subs.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
We lost, and we will struggle for top 4 this season (as fucking lazio are so consistent) but I am confident in the overall direction we are moving in

Signing a young exciting cm, project being supported by all out former players (mauldini, sheva ect cant be all wrong) and No debt/Shady owners. Increasing Sponsor revenues and competent directors at the club

It feels like shit tonight, but as a club, would it be unfair to say we are in the best position we have been since 2012?

You got a GF... thats y the world is rosy to you. Have you? Even if you havent, just lie to us, man... we need cheering.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You got a GF... thats y the world is rosy to you. Have you? Even if you havent, just lie to us, man... we need cheering.

No comment:lol:

Honestly, we wont even remember this game, when next season we are getting in top 4 easily with paqueta, another new CM, a developed kessie, maybe conti at RB , and probably a new manager and hopefully a new keeper

This season was gonna be a struggle after the state Li left it in. The fact that we signed caldara and paqueta for the future despite the shitshow of a summer is very very impressive

Nirvana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We need players with a strong mentality, prolly a bit experienced players who don't become cucks in big matches. This is necessary if we hope to play and do well in CL in upcoming seasons. Hakan, bona, donna, unfortunately, aren't such type of players.

Those subs tho

Last edited:

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Bonaventura :fp:

Sooner we ditch this guy, sooner we leave mediocrity.

Cue posts citing Bonaventura at one point was top scorer. :lol:

This guy gets it, the rest of you are lost trying to find a single scape goat every game.

Ask yourself if you remember any specific moments when Bonaventura did something useful... I'll wait.

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
This guy gets it, the rest of you are lost trying to find a single scape goat every game.

Ask yourself if you remember any specific moments when Bonaventura did something useful... I'll wait.
Can you tell me who else did anything useful? You are just a hater. Stop it please.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Riffstein

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

Hes either brilliant, or total uselessness. Id say its a 25/75 ratio.

I don't actually mind playing with a defensive mindset and getting results in the end, at least for the time being, but it really gets to me when the entertainment value is almost zero and we still lose :)

Has Cutrone ever been effective playing that wide ?
Has Bakakyoko ever been effective to date ? to sub him in a match like that ?

Nirvana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Abate was on the pitch for 25 seconds before Inter scored.

He's a god sent for them, helping them since 2010 iirc. Inter fans should actually start cheering up the next time they see him getting subbed in :proud:

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
I’m still baffled by the substitutions Gattuso made yesterday. Good idea to sub off Hakan - terrible idea to ask Cutrone to play LW. Terrible idea to sub off Kessié and leave Bona on the pitch.
Rino disappointed me last night. For all the praise he’s received for his ability to motivate the squad he failed to do so in the derby.
The game reminded me of the one against Arsenal at San Siro last season. We came with a good run of form and then the team crumbled and played with little team mentality against opposition we shouldn’t fear as much as we did.
Embarrassing
I expect a strong reaction in the upcoming games.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Rino need to go.
We need 2 wc mids.
Bona, hakan etc re bench players.

MAybe change formation.

Hoping Leo see where re the problems.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Subs were bad. But why didnt we show up for the game?

The whole game felt like jesus take the wheel.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Really disappointing after a rough day at work to come back and having not gone online to check the score, watching the 90+ minutes and seeing that 93rd minute goal.

If I am honest, I was thinking just before the goal that if we managed the 0-0 it would have been a steal because we were not at the races today. A few bright spots - Kessie was one of them, I thought he covered a lot of ground and made some good interceptions and passes.

Biglia was not bad as well. Not great, but kept things ticking along. Calabria was ok. Romagnoli was also ok.

I guess most of the negatives have to go to Rino. I love him as a player, and I like a lot of things about him as a coach, but this was terrible. Subs were horrible. Cutrone should have played upfront, Laxalt should have come in for Bonaventura in a 442.

We looked timid and like an inferior team.

Suso played poorly - could have played in Higuain but went for the shot and his shooting was poor in this match. Higuain was not particularly great either but he was feeding off scraps.

I feel distraught. I feel for Rino and the players but this was not good enough.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Not too sure where to start with this. We initially thought we needed a top defender instead of a big striker so bought Bonucci. Sold a top defender and replaced him with a top striker-turns out we need to pay money for both if we don’t want to finish mid table and some service would be nice for our striker too please
It's not like we had a top defender to beginwith so Bonucci for Higuain is still a plus.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Subs were bad. But why didnt we show up for the game?

The whole game felt like jesus take the wheel.

Subs weren't that bad, playing them out of position was the major issue.

Seriously Crutone as a winger? What the actual fuck.

Edit: and also ofc making them way too late.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Subs weren't that bad, playing them out of position was the major issue.

Thats precisely the reason they were bad! Its not like we had Neymar and Mbappe to bring on and Gattuso fucked up and brought on who he brought on. With the subs he shud've changed the shape of play... didnt/cudnt... thats why we are crying.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Thats precisely the reason they were bad! Its not like we had Neymar and Mbappe to bring on and Gattuso fucked up and brought on who he brought on. With the subs he shud've changed the shape of play... didnt/cudnt... thats why we are crying.

Well if we wanted to keep playing the same formation, we actually had some proper wingers on the bench.

But yeah no doubt they are not on Neymar's level.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
subs are subs but where was our team for 80 minutes? how many chances inter had and how many we?

ps. abate change was against fresh keita running on lw.

pkriston

Primavera
Reaction score
Gattuso really made me sick to my stomach with his substitutions. Every single one was bad.

We have had so much success playing a 4-4-2 at the end of games, so when I saw Cutrone come on, I was happy. But where does Cutrone go? On the left wing. I couldn't believe it!

When he put on Bakayoko, I knew this man wasn't trying to win. Where was Laxalt? Samu? An injection of pace could have turned this game around. I won't even talk about how long he took with the substitutions. No we weren't playing our best game, but at 0-0, we were definitely in the game.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Everybody knows if things arent working you start thinking of changes from min 60... min 65 you fucking implement those changes. Seen in other matches, Gattuso fucking give subs 7/10mins to make an impact. No you fool... give them 30/25mins... make changes early.

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
I'll stick with Rino, but yeah, the changes he made were kinda baffling. Not sure that any change would have made us better than Inter yesterday though. Always seems like they are on some gas when they play us.

Pato Milan

Beginner
Reaction score
Everybody knows if things arent working you start thinking of changes from min 60... min 65 you fucking implement those changes. Seen in other matches, Gattuso fucking give subs 7/10mins to make an impact. No you fool... give them 30/25mins... make changes early.

This. :star:

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Milan ultras: ‘Shame on you!’ [Football Italia]

Milan’s Curva Sud ultras have reacted angrily to the Derby della Madonnina defeat to Inter - “shame on all of you!”

The Rossoneri were beaten by Mauro Icardi’s late header, having been under the cosh for most of the game.

“Derbies are to be played,” the Curva Sud declared in a statement on leader Luca Lucci’s Instagram profile.

“You fight, you battle, you spit blood and maybe you can even lose. Yesterday there was nothing! Shame on all of you!

“From those who took to the pitch to those who put you on the pitch and allowed you to have this attitude for a game like that. There are no excuses!

“Have respect for the fans, who have sleepless nights for days before, who put together the coreografia to fire you up, and who sang for 90 minutes last night but today are speechless.

“Those who love Milan do it regardless, you are lacking that Milan-ism, but we’re probably asking for values which are little more than dreams in this day and age.”

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
it's over. no point talking about it.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
You missing the point. Are you still on drugs?

Do you have anything else than a baseless ad hominem? I don't take drugs, fuck off.

For a men, u only see the result, u don’t clearly see how it come to be the result, the process, the main problem! Is our tactical play that cost us this lose. Anw in this game Donna also made a few good saves.

No tactic in the world would work if you keeper makes capital errors like this. I am not saying we played well - far from it. We played scared and had out striker completely in the air, atrocious play from our left side especially. But the goal is the result of a capital error by our keeper and partially due to Musacchio's error. This is a fact.

I meant generally. Since we bought him he has only played on 1 game in the EL.

He had these issues ongoing. I want him to play too, he had nagging injuries so far.

Bonaventura :fp:

Sooner we ditch this guy, sooner we leave mediocrity.

Cue posts citing Bonaventura at one point was top scorer. :lol:

Bonaventura is like the shit worker in the office that lucks into something good every now and again when the boss is looking over but 90% of the time he's bankcrupting the company. Easily one of the most frustrating players I've seen in my life.

The subs were a catastrophe. Cutrone needed to come on in the 60th and the shape needed to be changed to 2 strikers, not this LW BS. Firstly it didn't work and secondly Cutrone doesnt impress as LW, he needs to go into the box or close to it for dummy runs.

Bakayoko for Kessie was completely idiotic. Late but also subbed out one of our best guys for a player of dubious quality. The Abate sub in the end for our other best guy had zero impact - well actually no, did have immediate impact because we instantly conceded :fp:

This was one of Gattuso's poorest games. Fucked up the subs and didn't get his team to play his usual football. This better not implode our season.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Wasn't there some talk about Kessie (and Bona) having issues with his ankle before the game? Maybe that's why the sub was made.

Cutrone at LW though...

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wasn't there some talk about Kessie (and Bona) having issues with his ankle before the game? Maybe that's why the sub was made.

Wotever the issue was he played 80mins with it... I'm pretty sure the tosser cud have played the remaining 10mins