FIFA 2003 for PS2 or other soccer games for PS2

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Anyone playing this game? It just keeps getting better year after year. I am addicted to it. The game play isn't quite as good and 2002, but the realism is great. It makes you play in a style that is more realistic like when you hit turbo you can't do trick moves as well because the player is running faster and has less ball control when sprinting. Only problem is that Milan aren't one of the Club Championship teams, oh well next year!

Anyone know any other good soccer games for PS2? I think Jamie or Ozmo mentions Pro Soccer Evolution? Is it any good. I wish they would make soccer games for PS2 like they make american football games like Madden, where you can play a franchise and players stats change from season to season depending on use, stats, age, things like that to make it even more realistic. That is one of the things I like most about CM, I just get so board reading the game highlights instead of actually controlling the players.

liberogrande

Licensed Hattrick Coach
Reaction score
China where catastrophes strike all the time
Fav. Players
Filippo INZAGHI/大因札吉/F.インザ-ギ
introducin': <WINNIN' ELEVEN>series/by KONAMI/PS2
maybe in europe that has another name for it and that would probably be<PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER>series,exactly the same to WE.

this is undoubtedlly the best soccer game in te world currently,it's a bit hard,but good games are always hard,aren't they?

btw,i never play FIFA series,FIFA is shit.
you're always welcome to ask 'bout the WE to me:)

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well I ordered Pro soccer evolution 2 for PS2 the other day so I will see when it gets here. Had to order it from europe because they don't sell it here.

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Seamus said:
Well I ordered Pro soccer evolution 2 for PS2 the other day so I will see when it gets here. Had to order it from europe because they don't sell it here.

Seamus, you will love it!! Exept if you wanna go U.S.A club teams, it doesnt have them. But it truly is the best game :D I have to say I dont like the FIFA games. Every year is just an update, not worth £35.

liberogrande

Licensed Hattrick Coach
Reaction score
China where catastrophes strike all the time
Fav. Players
Filippo INZAGHI/大因札吉/F.インザ-ギ
Jamie said:
Seamus said:

Seamus, you will love it!! Exept if you wanna go U.S.A club teams, it doesnt have them. But it truly is the best game :D I have to say I dont like the FIFA games. Every year is just an update, not worth £35.

well it is the best soccer game worldwide currently,and now the latest version (WE 6 here it is called)allows to play exhibition matches with master league teams(available when you get the first place in division 1)---that was absolutely gorgeous!!

pity,although they have cup mode for national teams,but they don't have champions league mode though...

btw jamie,how are the names of the players in PRO2?do you have to correct them into real ones in the edit mode?'cause WE series has players' names all in japanese so i've got to change all of them----and it took ages to do it!!

and,are the players' names shouted out by the commentators when they get the ball or shoot or so?(they are shouted out---in japanese--which is very gay---in WE series)

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Seamus......pro evolution is the game. But I must admit, FIFA has really made some strides this year. The total control was always lacking, but no longer is. Mattter of fact, I dominated the world the other day with Milan on FIFA 2003 PS2. (Albeit, it was only on Professional :devil2: )

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah in terms of a realistic game FIFA has gotten much better this year. The free kicks are much better now and the trick moves with the right analog is a lot better. I also liked how they got rid of that stupid give and go from last year. I also like how there are two ground passes now. The reg pass that is automated and the lead pass you can control. The only things I don't like is they got rid of the ball spin during play with L2 and R2 from FIFA2002. They should have kept that in because it mad crossing and lead passes work so well. I also don't like how the header works now, the computer usually wins them. I guess it all just depends on what half the ball is in, but it makes the lob pass very tough to get down. All in all it is much better for realistic game play than last year.

From what you all say Pro Evolution 2 should be pretty good and will let you know when I get it. Do the players abilities change from season to season depending on how well they do, age, and things like that?

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Seamus.......have you mastered shooting in FIFA yet m8?????? I am having immense difficulty keepingmy shots on the ground whenever I try a blast from outside of twenty meters......it is really disappointing

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kinda, sorta ;) Shooting from the outside has proved difficult. that's why i like the curve from FIFA02. The only time I have had good luck is if I can work the ball into the box, then bring a midfielder w/ L1 and pass it back to him at the top of the half-circle. if no one is in front of him sometimes he scores, usually not. Otherwise if I get a look from outside the box I take it, most of the time it is blocked, but everyonce in awhile I get a good deflection and can just tap it in w/ O. My only other suggestion is to one time it by balling the ball across field w/ X or Triangle and press O to shoot before he get the ball sometimes he beats the keeper.

I use different tatics depending on who I am playing. Opponents who attack a lot I play in the counter. I try to get it quickly out to the just over the half line to the wing. Send the forward on a run w/ L1 and get it down to him holding triangle. If you tap L1 again you can usually get your attacking forward open in the middle. Use Right analog to drive at goal or shoot from outside. If my opponent sits back I work the ball around and try to use the tatics from above in the 1st paragraph.

After just playing 3 games i would have to say the shooting the ball takes to long, so many time I am driving on goal and go to shoot and the keeper runs out and grabs the ball before I even get the ball off.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are those folks from Konami planning to release a PC version anytime soon, because I've heard so much about that game and yet I can't play it... haven't even seen it!

Regarding FIFA 2003, I have it, and here's the post I've put on another site about it [PC version, by the way!]:

Controls sucks in FIFA 2003. I've also tried switching the W with the E but then the sprint is not working anymore [bug?!] and everytime I switch difficulty levels the stupid game is switching the control settings to default but it doesn't show that if you take a look at your keyboard assignment in the Settings tab. It's plain stupid, and if I'm playing with the default keyboard settings I have a VERY HARD time putting a sprint and a conservative tackle at the same time.

Not to say that heading sucks big time... you just press like an idiot the head button and most likely you lose the ball.

How on earth do I find the net shooting from right after the 16 metres line?

Any tips for the tricks? I know you have to use Space and Shift, but it's kinda limited IMO.

The AI is pretty stupid for blowing the ball outside the pitch each and every time you've lost it near the corner spots.

And I have plenty of complaints as well. It's better than 2002 and WC 2002, but nowhere near FIFA 99, the best IMO. And the controls are incredibly limited. What are they trying to do? Reach a broader target audience or satisfy their current customers? The former, I guess. :rolleyes:

EA was also incredibly "negligent" [is this word in English?!] when they've made the teams. Rapid Bucharest has about 4 Brazilians in their team, though they have absolutely none in real life. And the examples could continue. They should learn from SI.

Schedule