The Rumour Commode XXVI: March Fourth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Yes I like the solution of missing out on the EL for a year if it removes the financial sanctions.

In that case then coming 5th could actually work out better for the club financially than coming 4th and playing in the CL.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
I know its not our main problem, but the guy is leaving on a free. And our CB situation is only good on paper.

Apart from Romagnioli nobody can stay fit, and the rest of them are either mediocre at best or always injured.

Also our defence looked decent under Rino, because of the way he sets up the team (like he doesn't want to score, just avoid getting scored against)

Kompany's arrival would mean another defender always out injured. We shouldn't go for old injury prone defenders who demand huge wages.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
If we do this and finish top 4 next season, can we enter the CL without any problems?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Yes I like the solution of missing out on the EL for a year if it removes the financial sanctions.

In that case then coming 5th could actually work out better for the club financially than coming 4th and playing in the CL.

Technically yes, if we aren't under any financial constraints and only miss out on EL + the money from it. But the appeal of CL and revenue could outweigh that.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Technically yes, if we aren't under any financial constraints and only miss out on EL + the money from it. But the appeal of CL and revenue could outweigh that.

I believe the budget deficit that needs to be corrected is €100m so no way one season of CL would be as good as removing that or giving more time.

I still think CL should be first choice though, if no EL and a lessening of sanctions is the alternative that's no so bad.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Simone Inzaghi is now favourite for the Juve bench and won't hold a press conference today, presumably to avoid questions about it.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
If we do this and finish top 4 next season, can we enter the CL without any problems?

Maybe, if we still accept the sanction of reaching break-even by 2021.

But we are still facing new additional sanctions because of the 2015-18 period. The current sanctions are only for the 2014-17 period.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Milan to accept year out of Europe?
By Football Italia staff

There are reports Milan will seek a deal with UEFA, accepting a year out of European football over FFP violations rather than play the Europa League.

The Rossoneri were originally excluded from the 2018-19 season, but won a last-minute appeal to enter the Europa League, only to crash out in the group stage.

The most recent sentence was a €12m fine, limited 21-man squad list for European competition and the exclusion from UEFA tournaments for one year if the finances aren’t balanced by 2021 - something the club feels is simply not feasible.

They have so far held off on appealing this decision at the CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport) and there may well be a plan behind that.

With Manchester City also now facing action and UEFA eager to prove the rules are not different for the bigger clubs, Milan could have an alternative approach.

According to the Corriere della Sera newspaper, if the Rossoneri do not qualify for the Champions League with a top four finish in Serie A this season, they could accept a one-year ban by cutting a deal with UEFA.

That would mean skipping the Europa League, which they have very little interest in anyway, getting the ban out of the way and focusing all their energy on qualifying for the Champions League next season.

In turn, it'd give them more time to balance the books without resorting to massive player sales.

CorSera - Milan-UEFA, frozen the appeal to the TAS: there is an agreement between the parties

05.19.2019 08:00 by Matteo Calcagni

The absence of the Milan case was not missed on the pages of the TAS website, where the Rossoneri hearing does not appear among those scheduled until 2 July. And according to today's edition of the Corriere della Sera you won't even find them later. The time for compromise with the search for an agreement would come between the parties.

LOOKING FOR A SOLUTION - As the newspaper underlines, the complex and ambitious goal is to find a legal solution that allows Milan to have more time to reach a balanced budget, currently imposed by 2021, without distorting the principles base of the PSF and that can pass to the scrutiny of the judicial chamber (intent on applying the rules tout court, although the same UEFA leadership push for other common sense reasoning). Nor do you want to irritate the clubs that in recent years have had to comply with the settlement agreement piles, such as Inter and Roma, which could be felt in the event of agreements considered too low.

SURPRISE OF FAILURE -According to CorSera, unlike what was announced at Christmas, Milan decided not to cultivate the use of the TAS for the sanction issued by the Judicial Chamber for the sanctions of the three-year period '14 -'17, or: fine of 12 million euros, limit of 21 players in pink for the European Cups and exclusion from them if in 2021 a balanced budget (with a tolerance of -30 million) will not be reached. Judgment that Milan immediately considered too harsh, considering that the 2018 budget ended at -126 million and the next, from what it filters, is starting at a red close to 100 million. Milan has also been indicted for the three-year period 2015/2018, where it would be a repeat offender. This passage was welcomed by the club with tranquility, as the idea is to find an agreement "

THE POSSIBLE PENALTY - The crux of the matter is to understand which sanction would be deemed appropriate by Milan. There are several evaluations to be made, also based on the placement that Milan will conquer on the field: it would be one thing to skip a season in the Champions League, another to skip a year of the Europa League. Last year at the Rossoneri club it would almost be agreed to skip a season in the Europa League and then start again "clean" eliminating the other sanctions. It is not inconceivable that the same offer can be relaunched from Nyon if Milan fails to hit the Champions League. The club should then decide whether to take it or look for another kind of agreement.

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I believe the budget deficit that needs to be corrected is €100m so no way one season of CL would be as good as removing that or giving more time.

I still think CL should be first choice though, if no EL and a lessening of sanctions is the alternative that's no so bad.

True. CL should definitely be the goal though even if sanctions remain. Then, if we don't get 4th, at least it won't be *as bad* if we can skip EL and get rid of UEFA sanctions and spend as much as we want to reach CL next season.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Milan's season might actually end up bitter sweet, as opposed to Game of thrones who's just bitter shit.

We qualify for CL, but end up not playing next year due to agreeing to not play in UEFA competitions.

Farry

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I don’t understand any of this FFP.. why are some clubs so fucked and other clubs completely untouchable?

I don’t see why us, inter, Turkish clubs etc need to take it so seriously but all of England/France/Germany/Spain couldn’t give a fuck about it?

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
'Christophe Galtier has confirmed Lille star Nicolas Pepe will leave the club this summer'

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Simone Inzaghi is now favourite for the Juve bench and won't hold a press conference today, presumably to avoid questions about it.

Solid appointment.

Milan's season might actually end up bitter sweet, as opposed to Game of thrones who's just bitter shit.

:lol:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Milan's season

Game of thrones

Ryan-Gosling-Exhale-Shaking-Head.gif

Az. said:
We qualify

giphy-downsized.gif

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Yeah, Inzaghi would do well at Jube. He's still a bit raw, but I think he has plenty of potential. More than Cunte

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I'm disappointed that we're not renewing Zapata, but let's see what Leo has in mind... maybe bringing some talented youngster.

If we're not buying a proper LB, it would actually make sense to switch to a back 3 formation. Our left side is just dead with RR and Hakan

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
After 3 matches, SMS and Brozovic would be ridiculed every day in the commode

Brozovic is a great anchor man. Keeps the tempo flowing

Not so creative as it isnt his job. Not everyone can be Pirlo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Our defense is perfectly fine with Romagnoli, Musakio and Caldara + Zapata as backup if we extend him. Musakio would start in most of Serie A teams.

Is it tho? Musacchio should be 3rd choice CB at Milan or even 4th.

He gets burned every game

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Di Marzio: “Indiscretions about Leonardo’s position being in question continue to arrive, so we also need to understand who will choose the coach for next season. There is a situation to define that may not only concern the coach, but also other roles.”

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Is it tho? Musacchio should be 3rd choice CB at Milan or even 4th.

He gets burned every game

Are you talking about current Milan or the one of Maldini era?

I've said it before... I don't think he's any worse than Romagnoli. They have different strengths and weaknesses, but overall are around the same level (+/-). RnB is just a bit too biased and inclined to overhype Romagnoli, closing an eye when he's shit but singling out every mistake Musakio's doing.

Anyway, our objective next year is top 3. Our defense is good enough for that, compared to our competitors. Or are you saying that Albiol, De Vrij and Manolas are that much better?

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Im the last one on rnb to overhype Romagnoli but hes head and shoulders above Mustang. I dont feel confident with Mateo, do you?

Even in this current Milan he shldnt start every game. 3rd choice CB is great.

And i find the ones you mentioned to be more solid than him with the exception of Manolas who i dont rate

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don’t understand any of this FFP.. why are some clubs so fucked and other clubs completely untouchable?

I don’t see why us, inter, Turkish clubs etc need to take it so seriously but all of England/France/Germany/Spain couldn’t give a fuck about it?

Its a long story, but, in short, you can spend how much you earn. Clubs earn from selling players, merchandising, prize money (CL), TV rights, ticket sales, sponsors, etc etc
ENglish clubs earn a lot more than Milan, so they can spend more...

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Simone Inzaghi is so overrated here, but that's not unexpected, as any coach that isn't ours is a god.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Im the last one on rnb to overhype Romagnoli but hes head and shoulders above Mustang. I dont feel confident with Mateo, do you?

And i find the ones you mentioned to be more solid than him with the exception of Manolas who i dont rate

Why overhype Capitano when you can overhype Skrincerbi :proud:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

1. We have very limited funds
2. We have waaaay bigger problems in other areas. So much that it's not even funny.
3. Our defense, including Mateo, has been quite good, if we look at it objectively.
Our Goals Against stat is better than of our direct competitors, except Inter (Roma, Lazio, Atalanta are all worse) and close to Napoli/Torino, who have 2 goals less, but aren't our competitors.

The question is not if this is the ideal defense we'd like to have, but rather about priorities. Even if we'd have 500m to spend, I'd still not invest in a CB.

Give me a decent 40-50m LB or LW at the beginning of the season and we'd be sitting comfortably in 3rd place right now.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Why overhype Capitano when you can overhype Skrincerbi :proud:

Ur still living in denial?

Oh yea forgot Acerbi too whos better than Mustang

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score