The Red & Black Forums - View Single Post - Ronaldo Thread
Thread: Ronaldo Thread
View Single Post
Old 31-10-2008, 11:46   #4640
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

Siena offer Ronaldo lifeline Friday 31 October, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Siena President Giovanni Lombardi Stronati is to give Brazilian star Ronaldo the opportunity to rebuild his career – at a cost of £80,000 a goal!

The 32-year-old striker is currently training with Flamengo after being released from Milan where he suffered yet another horrific knee injury.

“It’s an idea we are working on,” admitted Stronati. “They tell me that he is really thinking about retiring, but I would like to offer him one last chance.

“I spoke with his manager and I have proposed a contract of £80,000 a goal. I am willing to reduce myself to poverty, but the goals of Ronaldo could save Siena.

“My team plays well, [Marco] Giampaolo is a great Coach,” added an ebullient Stronati. “But we score little.”

Siena have found the net just seven times this season and host Fiorentina in a Tuscan derby on Sunday.

When asked if he was delusional to think a player of Ronaldo’s stature would consider joining Siena, Stronati replied: “The slogan is very simple: Ronaldo, come and try us.”

Stronati did reveal that should Ronaldo turn down the chance to play for Siena, he has another forward lined up to solve the Robur’s scoring problems.

“I have a plan B. Another South American. He plays in Chile. He is Argentine. He is called Gaston Cellerino.”

channel4
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote