Reaction score
Fav. Players
seedorf pato nesta maldini
Is a good player we just need a regista to help US out

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We actually threw 20 m for this guy. Wow. :eek:

To convince Roma to sell a "romano di roma" on relatively low wages to a direct rival, its his price not his value.
He plays like it is to be expected, room to improve but the best of our midfielders in terms of getting the ball to the attack.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
He's definitely still not found his proper place in the team... there are still 20 days till the start of the season, hopefully things will get smoother till then. Currently he doesn't have a lot of competition between the various Poli, Nocerino and Jose Mauri, so if the season started tomorrow he'd probably be a starter ...

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Who came up with "bertodinho"?:lol: its pretty funny.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
So we paid 20 mil for this guy? Another Galliani master piece?

How much did Barca pay for Rakitic?

yaohan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Berta on 20M with low wage still probably better than signing Essien for free with high wage.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
^^^ time will tell. I would not paid more then 12M for him but anyway....

yaohan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I agree that he is not worth 20M, but now that he is here lets hope for the best. I only say better than Essien signing for free because he has lower wage + younger. Best case scenario he plays well, and worst case we lose money but he is still worth something because he is young. In Essien's case we knew he was doomed from the start. Just better risk vs reward in my opinion for now.

^I agree that only time will tell.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I think Essien was a favour to Seedorf or something like that because I really don't understand getting him here. But, I agree, just hope for the ebst with Berta.

I think he will surprise many but I don't know if he'll be a "star ".

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
cultural shock.

from genoa to milan. much pressure here.

he will get better in time.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
the least i expect is 10 goals + 10 assists

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
the least i expect is 10 goals + 10 assists

I would say 15+ in any combination of assists + goals is pretty decent for the first season.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
These numbers are very hard to believe

10 + 6 isn't that hard to believe..

20 and more would be really amazing though,

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I hated this signing at first. But after preseason I fell in love with Bertomaci. Amazing signing. The 20 million was just about the right price

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Wonderful goal!

��

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Just cuz we got anything close to a midfielder now doesn't mean he's worth his price tag man, let alone just in preseason.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Was a little sloppy at times but showed his quality sporadically with a few nice passes; in particular one over the top for Bacca.

bijo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cassano, Inzaghi, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Sheva, Crespo, Van Bommel, R9
Though he doesn't seem like a player that will dazzle, he does seem like one that will deliver and do so consistently. I see him more as a 10 million player but i can understand why we had to pay so much for him.

Considering we could have got the like of Payet for ?15m (?10.7m) , I am a bit disappointed that we are not looking abroad and considering all options.

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Cant blame for the price tag since Italian talent is rare nowadays & Berlusconi wanted more Italian in this team.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Though he doesn't seem like a player that will dazzle, he does seem like one that will deliver and do so consistently. I see him more as a 10 million player but i can understand why we had to pay so much for him.

Considering we could have got the like of Payet for ?15m (?10.7m) , I am a bit disappointed that we are not looking abroad and considering all options.

every great team starts with a base of local players. this is our year zero. we are doing the right signings with the Italians that we have.

In Jan we signed:

Cerci, Paletta, Antonelli

This summer:

Bertolacci, Romagnoli, Jose Mauri (italian nationality) + Ely (same as Mauri) + Calabria + Donnarumma

I personally disagree with you on your opinion. You say that you think he'd be a consistently performing player that won't dazzle, but so far just from pre-season his problem has been consistency but I think he would occasionally dazzle, potentially in the future if he finds his consistency and improves, I can see a bright future for him here.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I hated this signing at first. But after preseason I fell in love with Bertomaci. Amazing signing. The 20 million was just about the right price

:lol:R u kidding me? What has he done in preseason to make you change your opinion so drastically....from hating to falling in love...:lol:

Because either you hated him without knowing shit about him and how he plays or you're loving him now for reasons other than his footballing skills...:lol:

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wrong thread

Last edited: