The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
our next 3 games are vs torino, benevento(13 defeats) and bologna
they are must wins(we are winning vs small teams this year unlike last year when we had instability)

if juve lose vs napoli and inter we can be like 6 points behind them(3 if we had won the derby).
can we chase juve this year? no i dont think so
all i want to say is thatfirst round have a lot of points to snap that can change our status in the league.

and hopefully in january we sign a good lw and a very good cam

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Actually chasing Juve and Lazio for the 4th spot looks the best-case scenario right now. Juve defence is a gigantic mess and they will keep dropping points.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So now everyone is a Bruno Henrique expert. :monto:

Him and Lima have to be the most overrated players in Brazil.

Every time those two go up against a team that knows how to defend, they become bystanders.

Only guy worth getting is Luan but as someone said he's already Barcelona bound.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Montella is proud of our team after yet another loss. Maybe thats the problem, hes too happy when we lose

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Giampaolo is a good coach, but how long did it take him to get Samp playing well? He was struggling in his first year

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Some reports are saying Zidane could be fired at the end of the season and be replaced with Joachim Löw after the World Cup. If Conte isn't attainable and Zidane becomes available, would you go for him?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Some reports are saying Zidane could be fired at the end of the season and be replaced with Joachim Löw after the World Cup. If Conte isn't attainable and Zidane becomes available, would you go for him?

yes

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
who's asking to win trophies? all I was hoping for was a measly 4th spot.

you'd think having finished 6th last season..a 200+ million 10/10 mercato would lead to 4th place.

EXACTLY how the fuck can we be worse than last year, when were one of the few teams that actually improved on paper? Lazio, Roma, Juve lost key players/managers and we're much worse than all. We lost all of our games against our direct opponents for top 4, we fucking beat a stronger Juve last year twice with a shittier overall team

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I'm curious what Löw can do at club level now after managing the NT for so long. I would think he would be done with Germany after the summer unless he wants to go for the Euros in 2020.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
It's like 7 games late smh. Prime Berlu would've fired him after 4-0 at Lazio :o
well, what can we said. We just an internet users who always threatened to get banned by Montella's fanboy.

at first those geniuses on this forum insist Kalinic transfer was necessary, secondly they believe Montella needs time.

Prime Berlu would even sack montella at the end of last season.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
sacchi endured 1-6 defeat vs juventus and didnt get the sack immediately

and he had far better squad.
so quotes like prime berlu would....are not that accurate

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
EXACTLY how the fuck can we be worse than last year, when were one of the few teams that actually improved on paper? Lazio, Roma, Juve lost key players/managers and we're much worse than all. We lost all of our games against our direct opponents for top 4, we fucking beat a stronger Juve last year twice with a shittier overall team

On paper we improve the defense, and the midfield. I think however, the attack is worse than last year.

Also we had a clear identity early on last season with the 433 and we could all basically pick the team without disagreeing much a month each other.

This year we have 1 winger so the 433 is out of the window and the striker options are about the same level overall as last season.

Montella has been experimenting with the current squad to achieve the right balance, which has been taking longer than we all hoped for, but almost none of the options selected so far have been the clear answer.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
well, what can we said. We just an internet users who always threatened to get banned by Montella's fanboy.

at first those geniuses on this forum insist Kalinic transfer was necessary, secondly they believe Montella needs time.

Prime Berlu would even sack montella at the end of last season.

A lot of the Kalinic hype was just a systematic plan to piss off GC which in turn got him banned :lol::lol:

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
sacchi endured 1-6 defeat vs juventus and didnt get the sack immediately

and he had far better squad.
so quotes like prime berlu would....are not that accurate

this is stupid

Sacchi followed it up with wins on wins on wins. Montella follows it up with shitty peformances. We've only played well against Shkendija this season

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
this is stupid

Sacchi followed it up with wins on wins on wins. Montella follows it up with shitty peformances. We've only played well against Shkendija this season

im talking about 1996-97 and no he didnt followed it with wins and wins and wins cause we finished 11th while we had savicevic baresi maldini albertini weah etc etc.....so something else is stupid and not what i said

On paper we improve the defense, and the midfield. I think however, the attack is worse than last year.

Also we had a clear identity early on last season with the 433 and we could all basically pick the team without disagreeing much a month each other.

This year we have 1 winger so the 433 is out of the window and the striker options are about the same level overall as last season.

Montella has been experimenting with the current squad to achieve the right balance, which has been taking longer than we all hoped for, but almost none of the options selected so far have been the clear answer.

looking it now which is easier to judge if we had continued with 4-3-3 we could have spent those 200m on 3-4 players and probable be sitting on top3 by now.

a cb(musacchio), a midfield general(kovacic) while keeping kuco, a fast winger(insigne was available for 35-42m) and a top striker (bacca his replacement for EL, when injured etc)
but that way we would have a lot of deadwood in the squad.and the difference between first team and subs would be huge(and injury crisis would have destroyed us)

f+m decided to go the other way.to fill as many gaps as possible and actually build a new team instead of 'repairing' the one we had.

time will tell which one is right on the long term

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
So now everyone is a Bruno Henrique expert. :monto:

Him and Lima have to be the most overrated players in Brazil.

Every time those two go up against a team that knows how to defend, they become bystanders.

Only guy worth getting is Luan but as someone said he's already Barcelona bound.

I'm ready to admit I didn't know about him before I read that guys post :lol: Which is part of why I'm against signing a mid twenties guy that did jack shit outside of Brazil and isn't some sort of phenom there either. Guy would probably be some Bakaye tier player.

Montella was good last year and the team overperformed in the first leg of the season. Montella has been pretty atrocious for strechtes throughout this season unfortunately :cry:

A lot of the Kalinic hype was just a systematic plan to piss off GC which in turn got him banned :lol::lol:

And it was well worth signing Kalinic to piss him off :lol:

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Doesn't look like the type of guy that can build teams. He is not a bad coach, but he did get handed one of the best teams in Europe (if not the best), plus players were already playing well together.

He would take over a Milan in shambles, with key players missing in every formation imaginable, and to top it off we have no good players for the bench.

As i write that i realize, that getting a top coach even if they are available will be a mountain of a task. If you add the financial uncertainty of it all == mission impossible.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
“Milan’s objectives? I am truly optimistic, I don’t know why. I feel we have already overcome the worst period of our season and I see those in front going at a pace they cannot possibly maintain. I remain convinced these players will improve and give us better results going forward. I’m confident we’ll be in for one of the first four places [Milan are currently 11 points behind 4th place].”

Montella has a gut feeling. Were 15 points behind, "I feel optimistic, I don't know why"

we need to share the drugs he's on so we feel it too

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Doesn't look like the type of guy that can build teams. He is not a bad coach, but he did get handed one of the best teams in Europe (if not the best), plus players were already playing well together.

He would take over a Milan in shambles, with key players missing in every formation imaginable, and to top it off we have no good players for the bench.

As i write that i realize, that getting a top coach even if they are available will be a mountain of a task. If you add the financial uncertainty of it all == mission impossible.

We really don't know how great he is seeing that he was handed the best team in the world, but he has accomplished the objectives put ahead of him for such a massive club.

Last edited:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
“Milan’s objectives? I am truly optimistic, I don’t know why. I feel we have already overcome the worst period of our season and I see those in front going at a pace they cannot possibly maintain. I remain convinced these players will improve and give us better results going forward. I’m confident we’ll be in for one of the first four places [Milan are currently 11 points behind 4th place].”

Montella has a gut feeling. Were 15 points behind, "I feel optimistic, I don't know why"

Montella, like any other manager, is going to feel optimistic until the day he is sacked.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
im talking about 1996-97 and no he didnt followed it with wins and wins and wins cause we finished 11th while we had savicevic baresi maldini albertini weah etc etc.....so something else is stupid and not what i said

So it's not stupid to compare a manager that managed one of the best teams in the history of football and won back to back CLs, to a manager that has done fuck all?

You think these 2 deserve the same patience??? Berlu fired zaccheroni after winning the league...

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So it's not stupid to compare a manager that managed one of the best teams in the history of football and won back to back CLs, to a manager that has done fuck all?

You think these 2 deserve the same patience??? Berlu fired zaccheroni after winning the league...

accept that what you said before was stupid and lets move on

i never compared montella with anyone let alone sacchi
you probably came with this out of your head

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm ready to admit I didn't know about him before I read that guys post :lol: Which is part of why I'm against signing a mid twenties guy that did jack shit outside of Brazil and isn't some sort of phenom there either. Guy would probably be some Bakaye tier player.

Mostly aimed at Bassaro and sgae.

But he would flop massively here. Honestly Brazil isn't producing any good young players besides Gabriel Jesus but there are some that I think we should keep an eye on like Arthur from Gremio.

That kid came into Gremio's starting XI and propelled them to the Libertadoes final this year. He's that good as a CM.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
accept that what you said before was stupid and lets move on

i never compared montella with anyone let alone sacchi
you probably came with this out of your head

you're pointing out Berlusconis leniency towards Sacchi sacking, our greatest ever manager, to my comment about Berlu firing montella after 4-0 lazio loss, as proof that he would've stuck with Montella too...:b::monto:

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I think he is right.

Our final run before the winter break consists entirely of beatable teams.
While our competitors for top 4 spots have head to head matches.

We shouldn't be 11 points behind though and that's on him.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think he is right.

Our final run before the winter break consists entirely of beatable teams.
While our competitors for top 4 spots have head to head matches.

We shouldn't be 11 points behind though and that's on him.

No winter break anymore. Serie A plays through the holidays now.

Status
Not open for further replies.