Official: Franco Baresi Thread

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Wow, yesterday i found out that Baresi is in the FIFA world cup game from EA sports :D.
Also Gianni Rivera & Leonardo in that team.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Fixed the 'I 50 anni di Franco Baresi - 8 Maggio 2010 by Sky Sports(?)' YT link in my post. Accidentally copied the wrong one under that name.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Franco Baresi: Looking back at an AC Milan legend
One of the greatest defenders the world has ever seen has just turned 50 and this Sportingo author wishes to pay tribute to a remarkable player.

Moments after the 1994 World Cup final, where his team Italy had just lost on penalties to Brazil in the sweltering heat of Pasadena's Rosebowl, captain Franco Baresi - looking mentally, if not physically, shattered - turned to an Italian TV crew.

Compare and buy AC Milan v Juventus tickets

Wiping his brow, Baresi who had missed one of the spot kicks that late afternoon said '' There's no training that can prepare you as a player, not with this at stake''.

There was no need for Baresi to speak any words that day. His face had said it all. He had just stopped crying, but seemed ready to start again.

On the flip side were the jubilant Brazilians, who were celebrating a record fourth World Cup. Most importantly though it was the Samba boys first victory since 1970 thus stepping out of the ghosts of Pele et al.

When Brazilian centre forward Romario was interviewed hours later, after the joy had at least simmered down, he was the first to pay tribute to Baresi.'' His performance today was the most ruthless monitoring that I have ever come up against in my career''. It was the ultimate homage to Baresi, who had probably played his finest game in the Azzurri shirt.

The match had ended 0-0, despite the attacking prowess of Romario who later that year - coupled up with his performances for club side Barcelona - was deservedly named FIFA World Player of the Year.

Baresi was a one club man, a rarity in todays game, spending 20 years with AC Milan though ironically he was rejected as a youngster at Inter.

Most of his tenure at the Rossonieri was bathed in splendid glory, but he still was part of a team that were relegated not once but twice in the early 1980's. Indeed one could be forgiven that Baresi would have been tossed aside when media mogul Silvio Berlusconi bought the club in 1986- and effectively changed the Milanese's history.

Baresi was kept on and developed into one of the greatest sweepers the game has ever known. Piscinin - or 'Little One' - as he was known to the fans behind either set of goals at San Siro had become almost a guarantee for any keeper guarding the sticks for Milan.

He also mentored Paolo Maldini- yes, even Maldini needed a mentor at one stage of his career. Baresi went on to star in one of the most sucessful and greatest club teams in the modern era, winning two European Cups and an astoninshing six Serie A titles.

Cruelly Baresi was suspended for Milan's 1994 4-0 European Cup triumph over Barcelona.

One little known fact about Baresi is that he actually has won the World Cup way back in 1982. The youngster was picked for the Italian national team to travel to Spain and, though he never made it onto the field, Italy went on to win the World Cup that year.

After Baresi retired in 1997, Milan retired his number 6 shirt in honour and in 1999, as Milan were celebrating their 100th birthday- Baresi received the highest honour. Voted as the greatest Milan player of all time.

So happy fiftieth birthday to Franco Baresi - a player that defines the word genius.

by David Bronstein on 11 May 2010

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a13399_franco-baresi-looking-back-ac-milan-legend

(I know it's pretty much all yesterday's news in the article and I have posted the video already .... but still wanted to put this here)

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
any chance of getting link so we can watch it in better quality? eng subtitles?

thnx for sharing Jasper.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
any chance of getting link so we can watch it in better quality?
Nope :D Remember these are footage from VHS time ... hopefully the shows will be broadcasted again but not much hope to get such material. Fot to be happy with this.
eng subtitles?
Nope.

mizonero23

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Mohamed Zidan, Huntelaar, Paul Gascoine, Gary Lineker, Amr Zaki, Hassan Shehata, Gattuso
Some our legends are afraid to take the responsibility the team and I can't blame them. Baresi,Maldini,Galli would do really well for Milan with a couple of good signings. We don't need a galactico like Real, just 2-3 good young players. We need to depend on Milan youth more as well. However, I'd llike Baresi to take over incase Allegri fails.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Great worker casper truly fine job :star:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Could watch Baresi highlights all day. I filled up my DVR with ac milan classic matches from goltv (pissed off the roomies). So many are late 80s to mid 90s dominated by Baresi' surging runs out the back

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Could watch Baresi highlights all day. I filled up my DVR with ac milan classic matches from goltv (pissed off the roomies). So many are late 80s to mid 90s dominated by Baresi' surging runs out the back

I did watch baresi highlights all day when I came across that YT channel. :D Anyways you need to find a way to upload those games!

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
simply the best...... guys like him and maldini are not born now

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
He is the best , That wc final one of the best I ever watched.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi * Maldini * Nesta * Albertini * Gattuso * Pirlo * Kaká * Rui Costa * Sheva * Pippo * Borri
My favourite player of all time!

When I'll buy the new 10/11 shirt I'll definatly get his name and number on the back.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
My favourite player of all time!

When I'll buy the new 10/11 shirt I'll definatly get his name and number on the back.
Fav. Players: Albertini - Rui Costa - Van Basten - Kaká - Gattuso - Pirlo

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
'Milan aren’t Ibra dependent'

A string of former players don’t believe Milan have already become dependent on Zlatan Ibrahimovic following his move from Barcelona.

The Sweden international striker has scored five goals in six games often proving the difference between winning and losing.

Interviewed in La Gazzetta dello Sport, Franco Baresi believes Milan should be thankful to have such a headache.

“I believe that Ibrahimovic can never be a problem but an added value. And then again Zlatan knows how to score goals in every way.

“Milan must find the formula to play well and exploit their champion in the best way possible up front.”

Inter legend Beppe Bergomi also gave Ibrahimovic his backing despite the latter’s reputation as a turncoat.

“Whoever wants Milan to do badly thinks that Ibra is a problem. You can’t consider a problem to be someone who has won eight League titles in a row.

“Zlatan is indispensable for winning.”

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
was looking for a specific quote but found this one instead:

“Selling Franco Baresi would be like selling the flag of Milan itself.”- Silvio

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
57101214.png

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek

Where do you find all these great beloved articles? I wish I had bought all these great magazines, as I love World Soccer. Baresi was truly a legend, and he will never betray us. FORZA FRANCO! :proud:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nothing new but still a clips:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Franco Baresi testimonial match '6 per sempre' (?)

http://www.megaupload.com/?f=VM817DP7

password: Twb22.blogspot.com

Just now bumped into one site and above link and thought of sharing. But am not entirely sure if these links are gonna work as I haven't downloaded them myself as yet. Hope they'll work for you all. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Compilation/Film about Franco (?)

http://www.megaupload.com/?f=VM817DP7

Just now bumped into one site and above link and thought of sharing. But am not entirely sure if these links are gonna work as I haven't downloaded them myself as yet. Hope they'll work for you all. :)

Baresi Il Capitano

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JWZ5YT9H
Password : thewildbunch22

Language: Italian
Length: 44 mins 5 secs
Size: 460 MB

Bar.Capit.Thewildbunch22+.jpg

Same file? Same size from the looks. Thanks Dinar and whoever is behind the twb22 :)

Downloaded the first and that password didn't work :(

Last edited:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Same file?`Dowloaded the first and it has the same password - thewildbunch22. Thanks Dinar and whoever is behind the twb22 :)

Don't know if its the same file coz I downloaded 2nd file (of course couldn't understand anything of Italian lingo :( but worth a watch :star: ) and yet to download the first.

here you can find plenty more links: http://twb22.blogspot.com/ :D

Edit: Welcome you two. :)

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Same file? Same size from the looks. Thanks Dinar and whoever is behind the twb22 :)

Downloaded the first and that password didn't work :(

:(:head: