Jose Mourinho Thread

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He really is very arrogant, whether he has the right to be or not. That's especially why, I think, I don't have any respect for him, no matter how good of a coach he is—though that's something that I'm not interested in anyway, so I wouldn't exactly bother to recognize his brilliance even if it were true.

Honesty is one thing, as discussed before, obviously, but humility is another class on its own.

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
BMWTaylor said:
Heh...he may join Shell on the chopping block pretty soon. At least you can't finish 2-14 in int'l football. :) Seriously, how many times have you seen a Milan player make a great play and Carletto just stands stonefaced on the sideline?
Kaka's assist to Gourcuff vs Athens in UCL 2006-2007, at San Siro, that saw Gourcuff heading the ball for a 2-0 scoreline. I loved his clapping, as if it was a ballet/opera show he was applauding!

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Few can stir up the shit better than this man. What he did with Porto was brilliant. What he has done with Chelsea can be classified as either 'expected' or 'unexceptional.' Pick your poison.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
For me he's good, but not that special. Anybody who has enough coaching credibility will do good if given a blank check. He stirred things up with his comments but that's what the English press wanted, someone ready with headline making quotes al the time. So Chelsea won the last 2 league tittles but what has he won in Europe?

sheva007

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva, maldini, kaka, fabregas, crespo, tevez, messi, gattuso, nesta, kaladze, robben, van persie
been rumours he might get the sack. and i hope he does as soon as possible so some1 can help sheva play beta lol.

sheva007

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva, maldini, kaka, fabregas, crespo, tevez, messi, gattuso, nesta, kaladze, robben, van persie
i think he is way to confident in his ability. he is a good manager but not as good as he thinks he is. i mean with abrohimovic paying for every1 u want then many managers would do well.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mourinho getting the sack? Oh, c'mon. Sure, and the moon is made of green cheese.

ORez said:
Kaka's assist to Gourcuff vs Athens in UCL 2006-2007, at San Siro, that saw Gourcuff heading the ball for a 2-0 scoreline. I loved his clapping, as if it was a ballet/opera show he was applauding!
Just now I remembered Pippo (or was it Rino?) jumping into Carletto's arms following a goal last year. :)

sheva007

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BMWTaylor said:
Mourinho getting the sack? Oh, c'mon. Sure, and the moon is made of green cheese.

Just now I remembered Pippo (or was it Rino?) jumping into Carletto's arms following a goal last year. :)

lol its been a few papers/sites. russian coach hiddink is been linked. and mouriho going 2 juve or inter.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Hate to admit it censorthiis, but if we really want to change proceedings, Mourinho's the best man for the job. He's sure to get rid of the stagnant state we are in, simply because quality players raise eyebrows wherever he is. I'm sure we'll become a more attractive proposition to them should he arrive.

Can someone refresh me memory? I read a while back that he has a lot of respect for Milan ... though Sheva might have a say in it now.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
I think he did really well with porto, but I defeinitly think he was helped out ENORMOUSLY by Monaco, Depo and Chelski in that season. The porto side was good, but i dont think they could have beaten Milan, Madrid and Arsenal in the form that atleast two of those sides were in.
In semis porto would have had to face milan, and this was Milan at its peak - id back us against them anyday, not just because im a Milan fan, but because we were the better team. The Riazor disaster was just intervention from above.
That year should correctly have had a Milan Arse final....and I cant pick between those two....if i had to...id lean towards Arsenal. The form they were in that season was phenomenal.

Mourinho was brilliant in every aspect, but was also helped by the situation. doesnt take anything away from his achievement though....god helps those who help themselves. Beating manure was plucky and tactically spot on.

RATM

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:
That year should correctly have had a Milan Arse final....and I cant pick between those two....if i had to...id lean towards Arsenal. The form they were in that season was phenomenal.

QUOTE]

Puh-leeze,Arsenal have had great domestic form and have ALWAYS sucked in Europe (except for last year when they had good draws against declining teams).They were played off the pitch in that away match to Villareal.The opposing team had atleast 3 or 4 clear cut chances.Arsenal did shit offensively the entire time.English clubs,with the exception of Chelsea the last year or so have been a bust at the European stage.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
He suck.. I fucking hate him. :mad:

Manchester United It's going to kick his ass :star:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
madtherchot said:
Or was it the first signs of that recently denied 'crisis'?

I dunno...im in the camp of those that beleives the crisis started after istanbul. That final was NOT an intervention from above, it was bad tactics and complacency. I think we were still a good strong team, even after losing 4-0 to depo at riazor. We played well that season in serie A, and played well in europe the next season. I mean cmon, how often do you see gattuso getting OWNED by someone like duscher? Depo were inspired beyond beleif ont hat day, and totally deserved the win. I couldnt beleive duscher and scaloni in that game. Sure fran and valeron got the goals, but i think it was duscher that completely killed off gattuso and pirlo in it.

and you take out gatu and pirlo, that was the heart of everthing milan in those times. sure kaka was there, but he needed gatu to win the ball for him.

Last edited:

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
Real Madrid offer Chelsea escape route to Mourinho
tribalfooball.com - January 09, 2007

Real Madrid are targeting underfire Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.

The Mirror says Mourinho has emerged as the man Real president Ramon Calderon is ready to turn to in a bid to transform a club that has gone into an embarrassing tailspin over the past three years.

"If Mourinho is looking to leave Chelsea in the summer, Madrid will want to talk to him," said a Real insider. "He knows that and the club know he knows it too.

"Mourinho spent time at Barcelona and he also knows that he will not be as powerful in Spain as he is in England within the club.

"But he is the No.1 on the shortlist and Real feel he may be ready to move in the summer."

Real insiders insist that Fabio Capello has become a dead man walking.

His players appear to have decided to ignore any instructions and are demonstrating no passion for the cause, conceding five goals without reply in back-to back defeats by Recreativo Huelva and Deportivo.

:tongue:

RATM

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
Or was it the first signs of that recently denied 'crisis'?

I think the 'crisis' started after Istanbul and last season and it was very,very clear that the team needed re-enforcements,but we only nose-dived since then and made matters worse.

At the riazor,some of the players were very complacent and thought that they would go through by just showing up.The energy level wasn't there and some players were just drifting through like ghosts.Depor got an early goal and their confidence was through the roof.The Milan players were dumb-struck and didn't know how to cope since then-wasn't the situation they were expecting.Somebody like Jose Mourinho or any other would've been furious and screamed their lungs out.Carlo afterwards congratulated Depor.......

I don't think it was divine intervention at the Riazor,in the Champs League and at that stage,Depor were a very good side then and if you stop playing and just sit back-then they are going to hammer you.Most teams in the CL at the quarter-final stage will do so.

RATM

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Kuzimoto said:
Real insiders insist that Fabio Capello has become a dead man walking.

Capello was a bit of a strange appointment at Real.His teams are slow and boring,like Juventus were.More defensively solid and organized but hardly show any creative work.Nedved was the only creative mid-field player in that team.While Madrid fans are always fickle and they like attacking,creative football.Capello was never gonna provide that.

Capello's faith in Emerson is also a little baffling.Emerson isn't a bad player but he's slow and sluggish as a holding mid-field player or cover for the defense.I'd take Gattusso or Makele over him any day of the week.I believe he was Capello's first signing.Not surprising,there were talks promised of bringing Ronaldo,Robben or Kaka in and they missed out on all 3 of them.Kaka seems like the only realistic player that might move at the end of the summer.I think if they had pursued Ronaldo or Robben more vigorously,they might have atleast landed one of them.I'm sure they resent missing out on signing Cristiano though.....

RATM

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think Jose might be the man for Madrid but his teams haven;t always been entertaining and that might prove a straw.Still think there are atleast 3 or 4 Real players that don't deserve first team football but get it due to their reputation or past success.

I think it's gonna take more than a year for Jose to get Real competing in La liga or CL,even if he does end up there.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
RATM said:
Capello was a bit of a strange appointment at Real.His teams are slow and boring,like Juventus were.More defensively solid and organized but hardly show any creative work.Nedved was the only creative mid-field player in that team.While Madrid fans are always fickle and they like attacking,creative football.Capello was never gonna provide that.

Capello's faith in Emerson is also a little baffling.Emerson isn't a bad player but he's slow and sluggish as a holding mid-field player or cover for the defense.I'd take Gattusso or Makele over him any day of the week.I believe he was Capello's first signing.Not surprising,there were talks promised of bringing Ronaldo,Robben or Kaka in and they missed out on all 3 of them.Kaka seems like the only realistic player that might move at the end of the summer.I think if they had pursued Ronaldo or Robben more vigorously,they might have atleast landed one of them.I'm sure they resent missing out on signing Cristiano though.....

exactly.
Emerson suck at midfield,he should be in defence.
and yes,Capello is building a defensive teams.
in his own words"Defence is the first thing that i do when i come to coach any team."
Fine,but then he got carried away and forget about the attack.
so there we having a result.
Real madrid is still suck.

Mr C

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I know i've been away for a while, but a Jose thread :eek: What has this forum come to??

Well i consider myself to be special as well, can i have my own thread, all about me please? ;) ;)

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
the forum is getting larger. :D

anitafranc

bigger stronger
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo, Sandro, Pirlo, Pippo, Rino, Pato, TS, Janku, Kaka, Gourcuff
Chelsea boss Mourinho: I'll keep picking Ballack
tribalfooball.com - January 09, 2007

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho insists he will continue to stick with underfire German midfielder Michael Ballack.
Although he has not been outstanding since his arrival in England, the 30-year-old will continue to play a pivotal part in Mourinho's team.

Mourinho said: "He is in the team because not the fans, the president or journalists pick it, but because I do.

"Michael has not done anything amazing yet, but he is a team player and sacrifices himself for the team. That is another reason why he plays," Mourinho said on Germany's ARD TV.

Meanwhile Bayern Munich chief Uli Hoeness believes that Ballack's indifferent form for his new club is the result of confusion at Stamford Bridge.

Hoeness explained: "I think Chelsea have bought these star players without working out where and how they will fit into the side.

"They need to decide where his best position is. It's difficult for Michael to be seen at his best, because he is such a similar player to Frank Lampard.

"Both like to attack and get forward, but one of them also has to get back and defend.

"I think there's a lot of confusion as to what people's roles are. Look at (Andriy) Shevchenko, Chelsea thought he would be their main striker, but (Didier) Drogba has done far better, and now they are trying to play both. They need to work out a system and settle on it."

Ballack played 107 times for Munich before opting to move to England and Hoeness urged Chelsea fans to give him time to prove himself.

He added: "Remember he had an extremely tiring World Cup, and he has obviously been feeling the effects.

"I remember in 1974, Bayern were 12th in the league after six months, and that was because (there were) six of us (in the squad) who had won the World Cup, and it took a long time to recover from.

"But we were champions at the end of the season, so people should judge top players after a full season.

"The criticism doesn't surprise me, as it goes with most top players when they move clubs."

------------------
sound familiar? Not that I have hope for scudetto but reading this made me feel a little better

sheva007

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i hate mourinoh so badly lol. stubborn assshole. how can some1 talk about themselves so highly. he needs to be put back to earth the wanker.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I do believe a talented manager would be necessary for Chelsea to succeed. Regardless of the unlimited transfer budget, an urbane and svelte tactician would be necessary to manage all of that roster talent. For instance, I don't know if Ranieri would have been able to compose that side to win two straight EPL titles. Mourinho has managed this. A side such as Chelsea is ready to implode at any moment, but when you have a manager crazier than the superstar consignment you have been allocated......success seems more possible. This is a berserk theory...but afterall....Mourinho is the topic of discussion.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
DonippoRuiShevdini said:
I do believe a talented manager would be necessary for Chelsea to succeed. Regardless of the unlimited transfer budget, an urbane and svelte tactician would be necessary to manage all of that roster talent. For instance, I don't know if Ranieri would have been able to compose that side to win two straight EPL titles. Mourinho has managed this. A side such as Chelsea is ready to implode at any moment, but when you have a manager crazier than the superstar consignment you have been allocated......success seems more possible. This is a berserk theory...but afterall....Mourinho is the topic of discussion.

Of course, you need a talented manager to win anything, even with limitless money. Getting that talented manager is a lot easier though, if you have that sort of money. Thats where Abramovich is a good owner....better than Magnusson seems at the moment.

Mourinho btw seems to have had a falling apart with the Chelsea board. He named a defender and a striker for Jan transfer window, and the board are refusing to invest that money for him. Snubs of this sort will never go well with Jose - he had a major tantrum when the board didnt support him after i think one of the Barca games.
If this story (goal.com) is infact true, mourinho is going to leave in summer. This is where B needs to get up and do something. Moratti has said hes happy with Mancini - so thankfully we have no competition from them. Our only competition would be Madrid, and MAYBE valencia, depending on how Valencia's season goes.
I for one dont think Valencia will replace Flores just yet - they have their players back from injury and will do well now.
Milan vs madrid then for Mourinho. Weve lost enough ppl to them, winning this one could make up for all those losses.
All this is of course only if the story is true. If it is, I doubt Mourinho will stay at Chelski.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I think he is underachieving with Chelsea.
He did great winning the Cl with Porto but rather than that he didn’t do anything special.
Even winning 2 leagues with Chelsea is normal if u consider the player he posses.
I think he is a good coach but not great yet till he conquer Europe 1 more time with a big team this time.
I have more respect 4 Wenger & I consider him a better + more entertaining coach since he is doing more with less budget.

Do I want him in Milan ?
Sure coz I think he is better than Ancelotti.
But he aint my first choice.

Last edited:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
@ RATM and radioactivenerd

While you do make valid points, I'm always under the impression that great teams (which we were in 2002-2003 and part of 2004) win a game after taking the lead or scoring the first goal ("One nil, to the Arsenal" ;) ). In that respect, giving away a three goal lead was unacceptable + was a sign that our defense had holes in it. We should have started working on our defense then rather than making panic decisions now.

sheva007

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
mourinho on way out?

rumours suggest he is on his way out at end of season. a very interesting article. also i agree with abrohimovic belief that mourinho is party to blame for sheva bad form. i recomend ppl read the artilce its to long to post. however i wonder who chelsea would recruit as coach

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva007 said:
mourinho on way out?

rumours suggest he is on his way out at end of season. a very interesting article. also i agree with abrohimovic belief that mourinho is party to blame for sheva bad form. i recomend ppl read the artilce its to long to post. however i wonder who chelsea would recruit as coach

Damn shevas got some pull in that chelski team. Just cos he isnt playing, Mourinho is getting fired! thats HUGE, and that CANT possibly be good for team chemistry.
Think about how much drogba values mourinho. If mourinho leaves, drogba may be tempted to too....then what...sheva first choice striker for chelski?
Abramovich should stick with mourinho in my opinion...unless he has someone like hiddink lined up. Who btw will probably take atleast a year to build his team.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Nice Article, but it says that Inter Milan & Real Madrid want Mourinho, Milan isn't mentioned...I'm now dead sure that Mourinho will quit Chelsea after this season, I'm starting to dislike em already...

But I want Mourinho to come to Milan, but if this isn't possible, then my 2nd choice is Mourinho to Madrid, and Capello to Milan.

As for the Blues, Hiddnik refuses this challenge at the age of 60, and I don't think Deschampes would leave Juventus, after taking them up to Serie A; It has always been his dream to coach the Bianconeri.

PS: This website seems crap to me, writing 'Chelski' instead of 'Chelsea' isn't something professional.